PDA

View Full Version : Freeze & UNM - Be careful what you wish for!

blacklistedbully
10-18-2015, 06:45 PM
I'm just saying, if Freeze gets exposed too badly, isn't it possible UNM goes hard after Justin Fuente? I, for one, do NOT want to see that happen.

As mush as I love to see UNM crash and burn, I'm not so sure I want it to go meltdown enough this year to make Fuente a possibility. I'd rather see Freeze stay a little longer, at least until Fuente has accepted a better job.

ShotgunDawg
10-18-2015, 06:50 PM
Meh, it doesn't matter who they get in there, the same problems will exist.

However, unless they go on massive probation, which is a possibility, they won't get rid of Freeze even if they lose out. In that case, Fuente will have his choice of jobs this offseason and he isn't touching that turd of a program with a 10 football pole.

Dawgcentral
10-18-2015, 06:50 PM
Too many others will be looking to snatch up Fuente at the end of this year. OM is early into Freeze's contract, and they won't dismiss him this year.

Ralph
10-18-2015, 06:54 PM
Freeze ain't going anywhere for at least another season

Leroy Jenkins
10-18-2015, 06:59 PM
Don't they start off with FSU next year? The vaunted 2013 class will be gone, not gonna be a good start next season.

Todd4State
10-18-2015, 07:09 PM
Why would Justin Fuente go somewhere that is on probation?

Last time they were on probation they had to take a chance on an unknown DC and luckily for them Tuberville turned out to be pretty good. Of course, he also left at the first legit opportunity that came along too. I imagine that if things go down like I think they will, they're probably going to have to go the same route. I don't too many proven coaches that are going to want to go somewhere that they have to go up and try to beat Bama, LSU, Auburn, and even us as a major rival with scholarship limitations.

Also, the last time they were on probation they were lucky because LSU, Bama, and Auburn were all down and we were inconsistent until the late 90's including a couple of embarrassing losses to NELU and La Tech on our part. I suspect that if they get nailed, they are more than likely going to be down for quite awhile.

Todd4State
10-18-2015, 07:09 PM
Don't they start off with FSU next year? The vaunted 2013 class will be gone, not gonna be a good start next season.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have trouble with Georgia Southern too.

GreenheadDawg
10-18-2015, 07:26 PM

You forget that they are bringing in the best QB to ever play organized football, college and NFL. He can basically just throw the ball to himself and win. Just ask them**

BrunswickDawg
10-18-2015, 07:28 PM
GA Southerns power run game will give them fits.

Todd4State
10-18-2015, 07:37 PM
You forget that they are bringing in the best QB to ever play organized football, college and NFL. He can basically just throw the ball to himself and win. Just ask them**

I'm wondering what he is thinking about all of this investigation stuff that is going on in Oxford. Michigan would be looking pretty good if I were him.

GreenheadDawg
10-18-2015, 07:47 PM
I'm wondering what he is thinking about all of this investigation stuff that is going on in Oxford. Michigan would be looking pretty good if I were him.

No shit. I was wondering the same. If I were him I would be jumping ship. That ship is soon to be on fire and sinking if they lose at home this weekend. Chad Kelly looks pretty pedestrian when he's not beating up on high school teams or watching his passes bounce off of 5 defender's heads and into the arms of a receiver. I'm sure Freeze is on the phone every night trying to keep this class together.

Johnson85
10-19-2015, 09:49 AM
Too many others will be looking to snatch up Fuente at the end of this year. OM is early into Freeze's contract, and they won't dismiss him this year.

^^^THIS^^^ Whenever Fuentes leaves, he'll have better options than UM. But even if he liked the idea of staying in the same area, Fuentes most likely won't be at Memphis after this year. There's no way Freeze is getting pushed out this year without major NCAA troubles (in which case UM won't be attractive), but if they did fire Freeze, it would be a more extreme version of the Cutcliffe situation. Why would an up and coming coach go anywhere knowing that no matter what kind of success he has brought, he will start being undercut by boosters and the administration after one bad year.

FISHDAWG
10-19-2015, 09:51 AM
classic meltdown going on at the Message Board Up North

TrapGame
10-19-2015, 09:57 AM
Fuente will go to South Carolina before even considering UNM. UNM is a carelessly tossed, lipstick stained Virginia Slim away from a full on dumpster fire.

gtowndawg
10-19-2015, 10:11 AM
I don't see coaches or recruits wanting to waste the next four years of their life.

Beaver
10-19-2015, 10:27 AM
Fuente will go to South Carolina before even considering UNM. UNM is a carelessly tossed, lipstick stained Virginia Slim away from a full on dumpster fire.

If Georgia loses another couple of games, I think they will go hard after Fuente. Heck, they might already have made a few phone calls.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-19-2015, 10:37 AM
If Georgia loses another couple of games, I think they will go hard after Fuente. Heck, they might already have made a few phone calls.

I don't see any way Richt is fired. He was just given an extension & raise in January.

Beaver
10-19-2015, 10:43 AM
I don't see any way Richt is fired. He was just given an extension & raise in January.

UGA still has to play their 3 big rivals-@UF, @Auburn, and @GT. If they lose those three and finish 7-5, I don't think Richt survives.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-19-2015, 10:46 AM
UGA still has to play their 3 big rivals-@UF, @Auburn, and @GT. If they lose those three and finish 7-5, I don't think Richt survives.

I don't see UGA firing Richt after 7-5. Not less than a year after an extension. He's done enough to get another year.

basedog
10-19-2015, 11:24 AM
I don't see UGA firing Richt after 7-5. Not less than a year after an extension. He's done enough to get another year.

Yep.