PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss is number 1

Todd4State
10-18-2015, 04:17 PM
Per Dan Wolken

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2015/10/18/misery-index-week-7-ole-miss-michigan-indiana-penn-state-virginia-tech/74182728/

Also, I didn't know that about Freeze running it up on Memphis when he was at Arkansas State.

Leroy Jenkins
10-18-2015, 04:26 PM
"And he has a fan base that now realizes, once and for all, that Ole Miss probably is always going to be Ole Miss, and that Freeze's weaknesses as a coach are not going away."

So much win in this statement.

Treemydawg
10-18-2015, 04:29 PM
Enjoyed reading that. Thanks for the link Todd

Gen. Grant
10-18-2015, 04:31 PM
Wow, this truly demonstrates how petty and a fraud Hugh Freeze is. When put into perspective, you see the fatal shortcomings of his coaching skills and philosophy. Ive always said he is a snake oil salesman, and I always will.

Now I just hope to see him exposed for what he is. He did recruit (pay) very good talent, that is true. However, he has nothing to show for it other than a failed "journey" which is more like wandering the desert aimlessly (since he speaks only in biblical babble). No mana or Joshua generation for UM, only false prophesies. He's not finished ahead of Mullen since his arrival and based on their Memphis steaming turd of a performance, he never will.

defiantdog
10-18-2015, 04:32 PM
Per Dan Wolken

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2015/10/18/misery-index-week-7-ole-miss-michigan-indiana-penn-state-virginia-tech/74182728/

Also, I didn't know that about Freeze running it up on Memphis when he was at Arkansas State.

Expect some of their top players to start playing "not to get hurt" since their playoff hopes will be done with another conference loss.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-18-2015, 04:38 PM
And now their world is turned upside down having lost to Memphis, a school their effete, mint julep-sipping fan base looks down on like a community college for people who can’t get into Ole Miss.

There are actually people out there that can't get into Ole Miss?

BeardoMSU
10-18-2015, 04:40 PM
Damn. If that was written about my team, I'd find its content rather harrowing.

Churchill
10-18-2015, 04:40 PM
Ouch , that left a mark...........

Coach34
10-18-2015, 04:46 PM
"And he has a fan base that now realizes, once and for all, that Ole Miss probably is always going to be Ole Miss, and that Freeze's weaknesses as a coach are not going away."

So much win in this statement.

I have a new Sig

Todd4State
10-18-2015, 04:48 PM

I think he was referring more about how Ole Miss fans look down on Memphis fans like they couldn't get into Ole Miss as opposed to it being actual fact.

I seen it dawg
10-18-2015, 05:00 PM
Expect some of their top players to start playing "not to get hurt" since their playoff hopes will be done with another conference loss.

Their playoff hopes are long gone right now

SignalToNoise
10-18-2015, 05:16 PM

I thought the same thing when I read that.

Dawgcentral
10-18-2015, 05:27 PM
"And now their world is turned upside down having lost to Memphis, a school their effete, mint julep-sipping fan base looks down on like a community college for people who can’t get into Ole Miss."

THAT was simply hilarious.

mic
10-18-2015, 05:56 PM
Dan Wolken..... Sports Writer of the Year......

DancingRabbit
10-18-2015, 06:09 PM
Nice to finally see a writer that's not worshiping at the Freezus alter.

Freeze went to Arkansas State as offensive coordinator in 2010 and then head coach the following year, and when he got a chance to play Memphis, he made sure to get his point across. As he settled into his news conference after beating the Tigers 47-3, Freeze asked one of his staff members: “Is the Memphis media coming?” The following week, he went on the radio and made sure everyone knew the score could have been worse had he not let up in the fourth quarter.

blacklistedbully
10-18-2015, 06:38 PM
Guys, let's not lose sight of the fact that Wolken seems to think very little of us, as well. He didn't even mention us as one of their, "toughest remaining games". UPig is mentioned, but not us.

Dawg496
10-18-2015, 06:39 PM
Guys, let's not lose sight of the fact that Wolken seems to think very little of us, as well. He didn't even mention us as one of their, "toughest remaining games". UPig is mentioned, but not us.

I think he was mentioning A&M, LSU, and Arkansas because they are all at home.

blacklistedbully
10-18-2015, 06:49 PM
I think he was mentioning A&M, LSU, and Arkansas because they are all at home.

No, he said, "their toughest remaining games are all at home", then mentioned those 3. He considers UPig at Oxford a tougher game than MSU on the road for Ole Miss. If he thinks we're worth a damn, one would think he'd at least mention the challenge of facing us in StarkVegas, but no.

Dawg496
10-18-2015, 07:05 PM
No, he said, "their toughest remaining games are all at home", then mentioned those 3. He considers UPig at Oxford a tougher game than MSU on the road for Ole Miss. If he thinks we're worth a damn, one would think he'd at least mention the challenge of facing us in StarkVegas, but no.

Well no matter who he cites, their two toughest games ARE in fact at home. Just throwing uPig in there doesn't change much. In fact it's a easy win so it lends credence to his argument that there is a possibility, however small, that they could win the West.. because their toughest games are at home.

Not certain of course.. but I didn't take it as a slight towards us.

Bocephus
10-18-2015, 07:27 PM

What have we done up to this point to be considered a "tough game"? Who have we beat that we shouldn't have? We lost to the 2 ranked teams we played and Auburn was way over-rated.

blacklistedbully
10-18-2015, 07:50 PM
What have we done up to this point to be considered a "tough game"? Who have we beat that we shouldn't have? We lost to the 2 ranked teams we played and Auburn was way over-rated.

We lost to LSU only after missing a game-winning FG at the end of the game. Our only other loss was at TAMU, another game where we largely stepped on our own dicks in a game that was much closer than the score would suggest. Dug too deep a hole.

We thrashed a decent La Tech, beat 4-2 Auburn, holding them to 6 points, we have held Auburn & LSu well below their season scoring averages, and their lowest scoring of the year-to-date, we beat a much improved USM on the road.

What has UPig done, other than lose 4 games? UNM gets UPig at home, and us on the road. You don't think it's odd UPig is considered UNM's 3rd-toughest game?

BulldogBear
10-18-2015, 11:47 PM
Woohoo, I enjoyed that!