PDA

View Full Version : OT: need a hotel room this weekend?

Shine On
10-18-2015, 03:23 PM
My wife and I can't make it for the uk game this weekend and we just called to cancel our room at the microtel on hwy 182 (over by the shell station close to the highlands). They told us it had to have been cancelled 1 wk before this coming Friday and no exceptions. They said no manager will be on duty until Tuesday. I figure we may be out of luck so I thought maybe someone on here would be interested.

PM me if interested. After taxes it is $425 total for fri and sat nights.

Shine On
10-20-2015, 03:12 PM
Bump

Spoke with manager today who will allow me to transfer the room to someone else's name but will not allow me to cancel. Please pm if interested. Otherwise, I'm screwed. (Yes, I know it's technically my fault. I signed the contract in January and completely forgot to cancel the room by last Friday.)

Jack Lambert
10-20-2015, 03:29 PM
You could try and post it on a KY message board.

Shine On
10-20-2015, 03:41 PM
Will do. Thanks man.

maroonmania
10-20-2015, 03:51 PM
Bump

Spoke with manager today who will allow me to transfer the room to someone else's name but will not allow me to cancel. Please pm if interested. Otherwise, I'm screwed. (Yes, I know it's technically my fault. I signed the contract in January and completely forgot to cancel the room by last Friday.)

Dang, is the Microtel $200 bucks a night during a game weekend even when reserving back in January? Starkville needs more hotels I guess. I normally stay in Columbus because I can't deal with the 2 night minimum.

Shine On
10-20-2015, 03:56 PM
Yeah, it is about double what a non football weekend goes for plus the 2 night minimum. We usually split with another couple but I may be paying the $425 and can't even make it to Starkville. It sucks I forgot to call by Friday to cancel. Completely slipped my mind that I still had reservations.

Shine On
10-21-2015, 06:05 PM
Getting desperate bump

Also, to clarify: I am not asking for anyone to send me money directly but to just change the room from my name to yours.