Bully13
10-18-2015, 01:23 PM
you forgot about their 'crootin coach. gotta keep that in mind****

HoopsDawg
10-18-2015, 01:25 PM
We're 26th...Bearsharks 24th

LSU 5th
Bama 8th

I'm ok with that. We don't have a quality win. They have a great win on their resume.

ShotgunDawg
10-18-2015, 01:26 PM
So, we've played LSU better than anyone this year & lost to Texas A&M on the road, yet we aren't a top 25 team?

We have to have set a world record for being ranked 26th the most times. These polls are so so dumb & the the people voting on them are even worse

msstate7
10-18-2015, 01:26 PM
I'm ok with that. We don't have a quality win. They have a great win on their resume.

Besides we're gonna pass them this week

Taog Redloh
10-18-2015, 01:27 PM
We don't deserve to be ranked....yet. Doesn't the real poll come out tomorrow?

defiantdog
10-18-2015, 01:38 PM
OM has a strong chance to lose the rest of their games

ShotgunDawg
10-18-2015, 01:38 PM
Since we are 26th now, with a win against Kentucky & Missouri, the Alabama game has a chance to be an 18th or so ranked MSU team vs a top 10 Bama team. BIG GAME

DownwardDawg
10-18-2015, 02:30 PM
Since we are 26th now, with a win against Kentucky & Missouri, the Alabama game has a chance to be an 18th or so ranked MSU team vs a top 10 Bama team. BIG GAME

If we're 7-2 when we play Bama, then you are right. Another HUGE game. Big Boy football.

Churchill
10-18-2015, 03:51 PM
I swear I believe ESPN has some influence in that poll. Now their prime time Sat. night match up can be between "two top twenty five teams" Ole Miss and Texas A&M. The land bears are no more a top 25 team than Jackson state.

Taog Redloh
10-18-2015, 03:57 PM
I swear I believe ESPN has some influence in that poll. Now their prime time Sat. night match up can be between "two top twenty five teams" Ole Miss and Texas A&M. The land bears are no more a top 25 team than Jackson state.
They beat the #8 team on the road, and lost to the #13 and #18 teams on the road. Might want to quit letting that emotion cloud your judgment.

msstate7
10-18-2015, 04:04 PM
They beat the #8 team on the road, and lost to the #13 and #18 teams on the road. Might want to quit letting that emotion cloud your judgment.

That certainly sounds better than beating bama by 6 while winning the TO battle by 5, getting a fluke td, and the refs missing a penalty that led to another td.

In the Florida and Memphis games, om was favored in each and lost by a combined 75 to 34. In the Memphis game, OM was up 14-0 and then Memphis closed the game on a 37 to 10 run.

DownwardDawg
10-18-2015, 04:14 PM

It doesn't take a football genius to look at that Bama win and see it for what it was. A complete fluke aided by a total Bama meltdown. They got destroyed by Florida and Memphis. Memphis should have beaten them worse than they did. Also, Memphis was an unranked team.

Pollodawg
10-18-2015, 04:17 PM
It doesn't take a football genius to look at that Bama win and see it for what it was. A complete fluke aided by a total Bama meltdown. They got destroyed by Florida and Memphis. Memphis should have beaten them worse than they did. Also, Memphis was an unranked team.

This what nobody is mentioning. Don't let the score fool you. The game was nowhere near that close. Memphis destroyed OM.

Coach34
10-18-2015, 04:26 PM
They are beat up and using all that depth Freezus said they had. Ya know-because he has been recruiting so well and its his 4th season.

defiantdog
10-18-2015, 04:26 PM

It doesn't matter..... they still won the game. OM should be ranked. They lost to a good Florida team and an undefeated Memphis team. They won't be ranked after Saturday night though..... their defense is too banged up to control A&M's passing offense (at least if Allen shows up).

Taog Redloh
10-18-2015, 08:02 PM
Memphis was an unranked team.
At the end of the day, that does not matter unless it's the final poll. All I am trying to do is illustrated to you, simply, why it's not complete insanity that Ole Miss is in the Top 25. Sorry, but to see it any other way is just bias.

BB30
10-19-2015, 08:35 AM
Memphis is a solid team they should not have lost the game but still the fact is that QB is a stud. As long as we take care of business the next two weeks we will be right back up there with a chance to knock off bama at home. We need to continue to improve to have a chance in that game. I do think we can slow down Henry just will have to find a way to get the ball in the endzone. 9-3 is still very possible and the way the season started out would be a great finish in my opinion.

RougeDawg
10-19-2015, 08:47 AM

You might want to quit letting your red cool aid cloud reality. Florida embarrassed Bucky. Memphis should have embarrassed them, but had huge 1st half plays negate 10-14 points (one was a TD). They were Bama lucky to even be in the game this past weekend. They are around Vandy Tennessee levels at this point and their home game against Vandy should confirm that for you.

Coach34
10-19-2015, 08:58 AM
Based on their body of work they should be ranked still- but they are not a top 25 team right now. Saturday will settle things one way or the other

mic
10-19-2015, 09:06 AM
Tulsa beats Memphis this weekend...

Johnson85
10-19-2015, 09:44 AM
You might want to quit letting your red cool aid cloud reality. Florida embarrassed Bucky. Memphis should have embarrassed them, but had huge 1st half plays negate 10-14 points (one was a TD). They were Bama lucky to even be in the game this past weekend. They are around Vandy Tennessee levels at this point and their home game against Vandy should confirm that for you.

Who gets the W matters more than the final score. All of the teams in the back end of the top 25 are flawed and either don't have good wins, or they have some bad losses. That's why they're in the 20-25 range and not in the top 10. I agree looking into the details, it looks like UM was never as good as Bama's 5 TOs made them look, and how they've been destroyed by UF and Memphis (both good but not great teams) makes it seem likely that things will get worse for them as they get into the meat of their schedule. But right now, I would say they deserve to be there at least as much as we do. We have looked pretty decent against LSU and pretty mediocre against A&M, and then beat some mediocre or worse teams. Righting the ship and then blowing away La Tech is certainly a good sign, but just pairing that with a few good quarters against LSU and wins over USM and Troy doesn't make a really compelling resume. Get a couple of wins against UK and Mizzou (combined with some more losses from those hanging out in the lower ten spots in the poll) will leave us with a resume that puts us solidly in the top 25. For us to do anything more than get in the 20-25 range, though, we're going to have to win all but one of our remaining games.