PDA

View Full Version : anybody live in memphis or used to? gotta be hell being a confed there now

Bully13
10-18-2015, 11:33 AM
I lived there and I remember memphis football fans being a very bitter, nasty and dysfunctional group. lots of UT, Ark, & confeds dominate the area with a nice contingent Bullies bringing up the rear. it really tears at them hard.

the hatred for SEC football among the memphis people is weird. I would say it will be tougher for the confeds going to work monday in memphis than it is for them going to work in jackson after an egg bowl loss.

having said that, I hope memphis falls on their ass somewhere along the line. I appreciate what they did yesterday but I could never pull for that team due to their fans.

Todd4State
10-18-2015, 11:38 AM
Gonna be a long day at Fed Ex for some Rebels for sure.

hailmari
10-18-2015, 11:46 AM
I live near Memphis and decided last night was a good time for some Beale Streeting.. There was a pretty good presence from both fanbases of course. I witnessed some pretty good trolling of om fans from the Memphis crew. It was great.

Maroonthirteen
10-18-2015, 11:49 AM
Your assessment is still accurate today. I don't mind OM losing but yeah....I wish the loss was to someone else.

DownwardDawg
10-18-2015, 12:28 PM
Your assessment is still accurate today. I don't mind OM losing but yeah....I wish the loss was to someone else.

It's perfect that they lost to Memphis. Not a better team other than us for them to lose to. Now I hope Memphis loses out.

Brando
10-18-2015, 04:13 PM
I live just N of Memphis. Lots of TN and Memphis, especially after yesterday. Only NM fans are the younger people or a couple lawyers I know that went there. Oh, and they still have yet to answer any texts from me.. Lol. There is also WAY more Bama fans than it should be for here. Lauderdale Co seems like every kid gets a Bama license plate with his first vehicle. Hell, I know one young man that sayd he poves Bama football and all, yet knows not one person but Henry, and doesnt even know who they are playing any given Saturday. Lots of bandwagon people here

Todd4State
10-18-2015, 04:19 PM
It's perfect that they lost to Memphis. Not a better team other than us for them to lose to. Now I hope Memphis loses out.

To me, if Memphis can hurt Ole Miss it makes our lives a lot easier. Reason being if Memphis starts taking some players from Ole Miss or at least makes them have to work to recruit them it makes our job a lot easier.

Maroonthirteen
10-18-2015, 05:24 PM
Yep Brando. Lots of Bama "fans" in Tipton County too. They are the rebellious rednecks.... The folks that didn't go to school anywhere and want to be different.

Maroonthirteen
10-18-2015, 05:27 PM
You are right Todd. It would actually help us if both UT and Memphis were good. OM would have a more difficult time recruiting there and not get as much media attention.

War Machine Dawg
10-18-2015, 07:29 PM
I live in Memphis. And this thread's very existence.....
http://i.imgur.com/NTtmUO7.gif

Maroonthirteen
10-18-2015, 07:48 PM
That's a nice gif. But once again, you are wrong.

The true blue tiger fans. They go to games during the good and bad. They dislike the SEC very much.

Now there are Memphians that are casual sports fans that wear SEC colors (usually UT or Bama) until a good Tiger football season or basketball season. They don't take college football so seriously.

But the true blue Tiger fans......no love for the SEC.

I've been in the Memphis area for 21 years.

blacklistedbully
10-18-2015, 07:58 PM
I'm sure there are tons of SEC-hating fans in memphis, but there is also a very large contingent of UNM-loving fans there as well.

Either way, UNM playing at Memphis is typically a de facto home game for them.

Taog Redloh
10-18-2015, 08:14 PM
I always thought Memphis was similar to UAB - most of their alumni cheered for bigger schools. The problem for Ole Miss is that they aren't a big enough draw for a dual allegiance, so that random Memphis fan that is usually a Tennessee fan...reverts back to a Memphis fan as far as OM is concerned.

It's similar to USM too. Most USM fans claim LSU, Alabama or Florida as their 'team'. But when it comes to MSU and/or OM, they are USM fans. Bottom line, no one respects us.

I guess there are a few true UAB/Memphis/USM fans out there, I just never see them. I actually have met ONE true Louisiana Tech fan in my life, that doesn't have a sidewalk loyalty.

War Machine Dawg
10-19-2015, 12:33 AM
That's a nice gif. But once again, you are wrong.

The true blue tiger fans. They go to games during the good and bad. They dislike the SEC very much.

Now there are Memphians that are casual sports fans that wear SEC colors (usually UT or Bama) until a good Tiger football season or basketball season. They don't take college football so seriously.

But the true blue Tiger fans......no love for the SEC.

I've been in the Memphis area for 21 years.

I simply meant the idea that some of our "fans" wish someone other than UM had beaten Northern Miss. As for me, it's this ****ing simple: My second favorite team is whoever plays Northern Miss. If they played Evil University with Muhammad as AD and Hitler as HC, I'd root for Evil University. And I'd damn sure rub it in their face after they got their ass kicked. I have no sympathy for them whatsoever. Losing to Tiger High is actually even more epic, so far as I'm concerned.

But hell, I grew up 20 miles from their campus, so maybe my hatred of them is irrational.

SDDawg
10-19-2015, 01:07 AM
WMD is right. Glad Memphis won and have no problem with them, no need to. As long as we don't have issues recruiting against them I am happy for them.

BulldogBear
10-19-2015, 07:51 AM
I lived there and I remember memphis football fans being a very bitter, nasty and dysfunctional group. lots of UT, Ark, & confeds dominate the area with a nice contingent Bullies bringing up the rear. it really tears at them hard.

the hatred for SEC football among the memphis people is weird. I would say it will be tougher for the confeds going to work monday in memphis than it is for them going to work in jackson after an egg bowl loss.

having said that, I hope memphis falls on their ass somewhere along the line. I appreciate what they did yesterday but I could never pull for that team due to their fans.

Don't live there. My best friend the Bear lives in Southaven. Went to game with him, his family plus a Razorback and Memphis Tiger he works with. Yeah, they were reminding him of the hell that will be the next work week.

On a another note, yesterday I took Mrs. BulldogBear and daughters shopping at various places on Goodman Road and the Pyramid Bass Pro Shop. I was wearing State gear and was surprised to see a lot of others in maroon also. I did not see a single piece of clothing with Ole Miss or anything associated on it. Of course, they could've been still asleep at 4pm.

If you're an outdoorsman, that place is awesome btw.

Jack Lambert
10-19-2015, 08:40 AM
I think it's kind of stupid for Memphis fans to get cocky. They will end up losing two or three games.

RAYn_Man
10-19-2015, 08:50 AM
I hope Memphis wins out.