PDA

View Full Version : Does Memphis have a shot at the Playoff now?

Quaoarsking
10-18-2015, 10:36 AM
Memphis should be ranked somewhere like 15th today, or maybe higher. On November 14, they have a road game at Houston, currently undefeated and ranked #24 and likely to still be undefeated and ranked in the teens by then. Win that, and Memphis is probably top 10.

Then on December 5, they'll play in the AAC Championship Game, probably against Temple. Temple is currently undefeated, and could be 11-1 or even 12-0 (if they beat Notre Dame) on that day.

If Memphis is undefeated at 13-0, there's going to be an outcry to put them in the Playoff, especially if Alabama wins the SEC and Memphis can point out how they beat the team that beat Alabama. If Alabama is 11-2 (and still SEC Champs) to Memphis's 13-0, I think the Committee probably ranks Memphis ahead of them.

CadaverDawg
10-18-2015, 10:41 AM
If so, the country should all tell Ole Miss thanks for ruining college football in 2015.

In all seriousness though, I could see it happening. Would suck.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-18-2015, 10:51 AM
No. Memphis still hasn't beaten a good team.

ScottH
10-18-2015, 10:56 AM
I don't think Memphis will beat Navy in three weeks.

They won their playoff game yesterday.

defiantdog
10-18-2015, 11:01 AM
Memphis should be ranked somewhere like 15th today, or maybe higher. On November 14, they have a road game at Houston, currently undefeated and ranked #24 and likely to still be undefeated and ranked in the teens by then. Win that, and Memphis is probably top 10.

Then on December 5, they'll play in the AAC Championship Game, probably against Temple. Temple is currently undefeated, and could be 11-1 or even 12-0 (if they beat Notre Dame) on that day.

If Memphis is undefeated at 13-0, there's going to be an outcry to put them in the Playoff, especially if Alabama wins the SEC and Memphis can point out how they beat the team that beat Alabama. If Alabama is 11-2 (and still SEC Champs) to Memphis's 13-0, I think the Committee probably ranks Memphis ahead of them.

Not a chance..... I can see them getting a bid for the Sugar Bowl, but they won't be invited to the Cotton or Orange Bowl this year.

sleepy dawg
10-18-2015, 11:46 AM
It's possible, but they would need a lot of help.

msstate7
10-18-2015, 11:51 AM
I think Houston is the class of the conference and they host Memphis.