PDA

View Full Version : Bear spin - already circulating on Facebook what a gracious loser Freeze is

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
10-18-2015, 07:58 AM
Wish it would let me screenshot, but a few Bear fans on my news feed sharing a post from Matt Stark FOX13 (station in Memphis):

I was there for a nice postgame moment between Memphis Tigers QB Paxton Lynch and Ole Miss Football head coach Hugh Freeze today following the Tigers upset win.
The field was a madhouse after the Clock hit Zero. Fans and players were everywhere. It was chaos.
Following the postgame handshake with Tigers head coach Justin Fuente, Coach Freeze started to leave the field. He suddenly reversed course with some haste-- based on his quick reaction, I thought he was running to break up a fight.
Instead, he went up to Paxton and spoke to him for a few moments. That's me crashing the party in the picture.
I asked Paxton after the game what Coach Freeze told him- I'll paraphrase-- but it was something along the lines of how he complimented Paxton on a terrific game, told him he was a great player, and he wished him well for the rest of the year.
That said something to me about the kind of man Coach Freeze is. He just got beaten down by a rival, losing a game he was supposed to, heck, expected to win. Instead of stomping off, he took the time to go out of his way to pass along a kind word.
Pretty classy. Pretty good life lesson.
Things don't always go your way. How you handle it when they don't says a lot about you.

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
10-18-2015, 08:02 AM
I'll give him props for doing that assuming it's true. However,
# 1 that's what you're supposed to do. Most coaches and some players do that. You get beat by a big-time player who had a big day, you go tell him he is a good player and has a promising future or something like that.
# 2 I saw the video of the end of the game - his flock (players and coaches) don't follow suit - most sprinted (or stomped off like the FOX guy said) straight to the locker room (like they do after most losses).

msstate7
10-18-2015, 08:02 AM
Paxton lynch JUNIOR qb... Hugh probably reminded Paxton that fuente will be gone next season and that if Paxton graduates, he can come to OM

PassInterference
10-18-2015, 08:05 AM
The fans sure don't feel that way. I've read that Ole Miss fans are done with Freeze.

Now that's funny give. That less than 2 months ago, some of them were reposting an article calling Freeze the best coach in America.

I'm also seeing after this loss, Ole Miss fans are mostly distraught about how this will affect crootin. #stars

msstate7
10-18-2015, 08:07 AM
I wish OM would fire freeze. Those who don't learn from the past (cutcliffe) and doomed to repeat it...

I can't stand freeze, but he's certainly turned their program around

Jacksondevildog
10-18-2015, 08:08 AM
For such a "great guy", Freeze's teams do not show the same class that he tries to portray. That shows how fake the shit is with the team. I won't go out there and say that he is fake. His team runs off the field immediately when the last play was run and there was NO ONE shaking hands with Memphis.

Tbonewannabe
10-18-2015, 08:08 AM
Weird that they pointed that out since I see guys do that every game unless they are sore losers.

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
10-18-2015, 08:17 AM
Weird that they pointed that out since I see guys do that every game unless they are sore losers.

Agreed, and that's why it seems like mostly just media and/or Bear spin. I could see how they might say this was different where it was a loss you weren't supposed to have, but upsets happen all the time and most coaches tip their cap.

BossDawg
10-18-2015, 08:43 AM
Instead of stomping off....

Like his players did?

ShotgunDawg
10-18-2015, 09:06 AM
Frankly, I don't want a gracious loser at MSU.

I want a pompous ass hole that gets sick to his stomach & barfs at the thought of losing.

Just for the record: Spurrier, Saban, Meyer, Harbaugh, Cohen, Calapari, Bo Ryan, etc... are all poor losers. Not a one of them would have done what Hugh did.

Lastly, it's one thing for Hugh to do it, but his team is a bunch of thugs that obviously haven't taken to much of what he preaches as a coach. If they want to brag and say they've got the second coming of Mark Richt, them let them brag away. I'd rather win

Maroonthirteen
10-18-2015, 09:11 AM

Exactly Tbone. It was NOT extraordinary. It was ordinary and expected of any good sportsman.

Mullen went and found Driskell yesterday.

Liverpooldawg
10-18-2015, 09:21 AM
I would say that was preemptive spin strike to try to deflect attention from the fact that the Confederate team sprinted for the locker room before the clock even ran out. Watch the video in the thread about the end of the game.

Todd4State
10-18-2015, 10:02 AM
Paxton lynch JUNIOR qb... Hugh probably reminded Paxton that fuente will be gone next season and that if Paxton graduates, he can come to OM

That was my first thought too.

Bubb Rubb
10-18-2015, 10:19 AM
I wish OM would fire freeze. Those who don't learn from the past (cutcliffe) and doomed to repeat it...

I can't stand freeze, but he's certainly turned their program around

Your post is confusing. You say you want them to fire freeze, citing Cutcliffe, and then you say he's turned their program around?

I hope they keep Freeze forever. He will be the gift that keeps on giving.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-18-2015, 10:31 AM

(Snakeoil) Salesman 101. ABC. Always Be Closing

BeardoMSU
10-18-2015, 10:34 AM

I don't. He recruits well enough to make them a tough team every year. Will they win big under him? Probably not. But, I would prefer not having to recruit against him every year.

Bubb Rubb
10-18-2015, 10:53 AM
I don't. He recruits well enough to make them a tough team every year. Will they win big under him? Probably not. But, I would prefer not having to recruit against him every year.

He recruits big names, but his classes are top heavy. Now that there are so many injuries, you truly see how well he's recruiting. When the NCAA comes calling, his recruiting will suffer further. Jackie was a great recruiter too, but once the momentum starts going backwards, it's almost impossible to turn it back around. Freeze has peaked.

again, I hope they keep him forever but I doubt he makes it through next year.

Bully13
10-18-2015, 11:23 AM
his presser seemed like he was a coach coming off a natty last year , currently undefeated , ranked # 1 and had just lost at home to NM state on a fluke play. he's just an extension of their fan base though. "team deserves better" "fans deserve better" 17 you vajinas. the rest of the college football world actually knows what you "deserve".

sleepy dawg
10-18-2015, 11:37 AM
Frankly, I don't want a gracious loser at MSU.

I want a pompous ass hole that gets sick to his stomach & barfs at the thought of losing.

Just for the record: Spurrier, Saban, Meyer, Harbaugh, Cohen, Calapari, Bo Ryan, etc... are all poor losers. Not a one of them would have done what Hugh did.

Lastly, it's one thing for Hugh to do it, but his team is a bunch of thugs that obviously haven't taken to much of what he preaches as a coach. If they want to brag and say they've got the second coming of Mark Richt, them let them brag away. I'd rather win

You're on a roll of good posts the past day or so. Others have said this board was formed for "bitching"... I like to think it was formed out of our hatred for those bastards.

smootness
10-18-2015, 12:09 PM
Your post is confusing. You say you want them to fire freeze, citing Cutcliffe, and then you say he's turned their program around?

That seems pretty logical. If he thinks Freeze has turned them around, it makes sense that he would want him gone as a State fan.

I, for one, think Freeze is a good guy. He may be hypocritical on some things, I don't know, but I don't know why it's awful to suggest Ole Miss' coach is a good guy.

As for Shotgun's thought that none of those coaches would do anything similar, I think that's ridiculous. You constantly see Calipari doing this, and it's not hard at all for me to imagine Saban, Meyer, or Bo Ryan doing it, either.

msstate7
10-18-2015, 12:15 PM
That seems pretty logical. If he thinks Freeze has turned them around, it makes sense that he would want him gone as a State fan.

I, for one, think Freeze is a good guy. He may be hypocritical on some things, I don't know, but I don't know why it's awful to suggest Ole Miss' coach is a good guy.

As for Shotgun's thought that none of those coaches would do anything similar, I think that's ridiculous. You constantly see Calipari doing this, and it's not hard at all for me to imagine Saban, Meyer, or Bo Ryan doing it, either.

Yep. Thanks. I thought it made sense