PDA

View Full Version : any of you slackers watching this epic PUSS 12 matchup....?

TUSK
10-17-2015, 11:51 PM
ASU up 18-14 at #4 Utah...

4th Qtr about to start...

ShotgunDawg
10-17-2015, 11:53 PM

I am, but I'm also complaining about the officiating in our game today

Dawg61
Yes. How is Utah #4?

msstate7
Yeah, even watching some of Oregon game too

TUSK
10-17-2015, 11:56 PM
Yes. How is Utah #4?

"Diversity"...

Dammit, wrong board....

ShotgunDawg
10-17-2015, 11:56 PM
Yes. How is Utah #4?

Utah may be the worst top 5 team I've seen in many many years.

They are basically Missouri

ShotgunDawg
10-17-2015, 11:58 PM
Think about this, Utah is ranked above LSU, Alabama, & A&M right now

I'd take either of those three teams to beat Utah by 17 points on a neutral field.

TUSK
10-17-2015, 11:59 PM
Utah may be the worst top 5 team I've seen in many many years.

They are basically Missouri

Stanford will go in dry when they meet Utah.

ShotgunDawg
10-18-2015, 12:00 AM
Stanford will go in dry when they meet Utah.

You mean the Stanford that lost Northwestern?

The entire thing is a scam. There is a reason the Big 10 & Pac 12 only play each other

TUSK
10-18-2015, 12:01 AM

The entire thing is a scam. There is a reason the Big 10 & Pac 12 only play each other

yes.... and I agree.

edit... brainfart... they are in different divisions... my bad....

Dawg61
10-18-2015, 12:04 AM

What's the scam?

ShotgunDawg
10-18-2015, 12:07 AM
What's the scam?

The scam is that teams are not ranked by how good they are but rather by their record, regardless who they have played.

The scam is the attempt by the media to create narratives & BIG GAMES on the basis of rankings that are ridiculous & not based on the quality of the team.

Why is Utah ranked above LSU, Bama, & A&M?

TUSK
10-18-2015, 12:08 AM
What's the scam?

I'm sure he's alluding to the weakness of said conferences and lack of worthy OOC opponents...

it's actually smart not to schedule tough OOC opponents, IMO...

61, do you remember win the Big12 was the Big 8 and the only above average opponent Nebraska had each year was Oklahoma????

TUSK
10-18-2015, 12:12 AM
The scam is that teams are not ranked by how good they are but rather by their record, regardless who they have played.

The scam is the attempt by the media to create narratives & BIG GAMES on the basis of rankings that are ridiculous & not based on the quality of the team.

Why is Utah ranked above LSU, Bama, & A&M?

Gun, if you were the sole CFP committee member, who would your top 4 be if the season ended TODAY????

I think I'd have Ohio State, Baylor, LSU and Bammer... of course, I'm biased....

RougeDawg
10-18-2015, 12:13 AM
Pac 12 is highly overrated. Simply on the fact that everyone assumed Oregon Was an elite team this year. They were preseason 8. Given they did give Mich State all they wanted, I don't think Mich State or Michigan could finish with more than 8 wins in the SEC west.

TUSK
10-18-2015, 12:15 AM
Pac 12 is highly overrated. Simply on the fact that everyone assumed Oregon Was an elite team this year. They were preseason 8. Given they did give Mich State all they wanted, I don't think Mich State or Michigan could finish with more than 8 wins in the SEC west.

I pray that if my guys are good enough to make it in the CFP, they draw Michigan State... It'll be the 2010 Citrus Bowl 2.0....

Liverpooldawg
10-18-2015, 12:16 AM

I am. I'm a Pac 12 fan but Utah is not the best team out there. Neither is my favorite, USC. That would be Stanford. In all honesty I don't see a really outstanding team nationwide. There are a bunch of good teams, no really great ones.

Liverpooldawg
10-18-2015, 12:17 AM
Looking at this thread I'll throw this out there: The NCAA should prohibit rankings prior to November.

RougeDawg
10-18-2015, 12:19 AM
Looking at this thread I'll throw this out there: The NCAA should prohibit rankings prior to November.

The Bearsharts would never allow this. They obtain their highest rankings before any games are played.

TUSK
10-18-2015, 12:20 AM

I think that's a terrific idea... although I might won't it a tad earlier...

I feel the CFP initial rankings (10/24, I think) is jusssssst right....

Dawg61
10-18-2015, 12:33 AM
If the playoff is today I'd put

Ohio State
LSU
Baylor
TCU

But I think it'll end up being

Ohio State
Baylor
Florida State
LSU

ShotgunDawg
10-18-2015, 12:47 AM

The playoff committee is all that matters.

You can't stop independent media outlets from releasing rankings & never will. The problem is that ESPN & other media outlets actually care about the non-playoff rankings & posts them beside a team's name.

You can't stop rankings, but I do wish ESPN and other media outlets that televise games would stop putting the ranking beside the team's name until it was the playoff ranking.

TUSK
10-18-2015, 12:48 AM

Ohio State
LSU
Baylor
TCU

Ohio State
Baylor
Florida State
LSU

ya think FSU is gonna win @ Clemson & @ Florida?

Dawg61
10-18-2015, 12:56 AM
ya think FSU is gonna win @ Clemson & @ Florida?

Yes. I think one ACC team comes out undefeated putting them in. LSU is the only team I think has one loss that gets in. I think Michigan will come back to bite Michigan State in the ass somehow. Michigan should of won today. But one team getting in with one loss puts a lot of teams still in it.

Still can get in.

Ohio State
Baylor
TCU
LSU
Bama
Clemson
FSU
Mich State
aTm
Florida
Utah
Notre Dame
Ok State
Stanford
Iowa
Oklahoma
Memphis

Obviously some of these have very slim chances (Memphis, Oklahoma)

RougeDawg
10-18-2015, 01:02 AM

Ohio State
LSU
Baylor
TCU

Ohio State
Baylor
Florida State
LSU

Bama is going to beat LSU.

TUSK
10-18-2015, 01:27 AM

I think so, too, Rouge... LF7 is a MFer, but I don't believe he will be able to do it by himself and Harris will have problems with our 2ndary...

Now, if our OL straight up collapses, game on!

RougeDawg
10-18-2015, 01:37 AM
I think so, too, Rouge... LF7 is a MFer, but I don't believe he will be able to do it by himself and Harris will have problems with our 2ndary...

Now, if our OL straight up collapses, game on!

After today I believe y'all have best secondary in the south, and I'm including NFL teams. How in the F*ck did y'all let the Sharts win. Bama's worst opponent had been themselves.

I digress. Harris will crumble under the pressure in T-Town and throw 2 picks. #7 will not run "At will" in that one. I'm ready to watch it.

Will add, we always play Bama tough and it'll be a slobber knocker. Can't slip up before now and then.

Dawg61
10-18-2015, 07:34 AM

I said LSU will have one loss