PDA

View Full Version : How Horrible Was Today's Officiating?

ShotgunDawg
10-17-2015, 11:41 PM
Well, pretty horrendous.

To add: Mullen and Co. have to be organized enough so that this never happens again. This is very similar to the 2009 Houston game when the refs called Tyson Lee over the line of scrimmage on a big play, when Tyson was actually behind the LOS

This play is forgotten because of the outcome of the game, but this simply can't happen ever again by our coaching staff or the referees. This is unacceptable from a professional standpoint &, with all the TV angles we have today & an extra ref in the press box, I have no clue how people can be so incompetent that they can't catch this.

What if this happens against Bama or Ole Miss this year & cost us the game?

LA Tech was given the ball on OUR 43 yard line following this play. As you can clearly see, the receiver goes out of bounds on THEIR 43 yard line. Completely unacceptable by all involved. Mullen has to have his managers, GAs, or someone responsible for catching this type stuff.

http://i.imgur.com/vC0tXpc.jpg

chainedup_Dawg
10-17-2015, 11:46 PM
I was yelling at the top of my lungs about this people thought i was crazy im sure. But even from the west side where you couldn't see the sideline, it was easy to tell they flipped they flipped the field on us

ShotgunDawg
10-17-2015, 11:51 PM
I was yelling at the top of my lungs about this people thought i was crazy im sure. But even from the west side where you couldn't see the sideline, it was easy to tell they flipped they flipped the field on us

It simply unacceptable in today's college football climate.

It is terrible mismanagement by the officials & almost as terrible by our coaching staff not catching it. We have 20 something people that either coach, manage, or are GAs for our football team. Give them something to do. Someone has to be responsible for making sure we don't get screwed.

As for the refs, there are 7 of them on the field & another in the press box watching the TV.

How do all of these people miss this? It's a conundrum I can't wrap my mind around

Charlie_Sheen420
10-18-2015, 12:05 AM
There was a flag that moved the ball up, something about a substitution infraction or personal foul that happened when they were lining up down in our end after the big play. There was a flag thrown, but I don't know or see exactly what happened but apparently they enforced the penalty after they moved the ball back to their 40 whatever and so it was then placed on our side after the enforcement. Like I said though I didn't see what happened to cause a flag or what it was exactly for, but there was one thrown right before the review that was enforced after the ball was moved back. I will say the refs sucked ass today though

ShotgunDawg
10-18-2015, 12:15 AM
There was a flag that moved the ball up, something about a substitution infraction or personal foul that happened when they were lining up down in our end after the big play. There was a flag thrown, but I don't know or see exactly what happened but apparently they enforced the penalty after they moved the ball back to their 40 whatever and so it was then placed on our side after the enforcement. Like I said though I didn't see what happened to cause a flag or what it was exactly for, but there was one thrown right before the review that was enforced after the ball was moved back. I will say the refs sucked ass today though

I just watched it again.

You are correct that there was an illegal substitution flag, but they did not enforce it.

Then they spotted the ball at the LT 43 yard line & then moved it to the MSU 43 yard line.

Either way, there is no such thing as a 14 yards penalty

Todd4State
10-18-2015, 12:21 AM
I'm pretty sure they screwed up on Holloway's face mask penalty. I'm just not sure if they gave us a horrible spot or if they shorted us one yard on the penalty. And then they clearly screwed up Walley's targeting penalty which should have been called.

ShotgunDawg
10-18-2015, 12:21 AM
Just watched it again

The ref clearly says: " The runner stepped out of bounds at the plus 43 yard line, so we will move the ball to that spot."

It's a damn disaster. I can handle a ref missing subjective calls, but these game management, objective missed calls have to stop. It's incompetence.

ShotgunDawg
10-18-2015, 12:22 AM
I'm pretty sure they screwed up on Holloway's face mask penalty. I'm just not sure if they gave us a horrible spot or if they shorted us one yard on the penalty. And then they clearly screwed up Walley's targeting penalty which should have been called.

I can handle Walley's targeting call not getting called because that's subjective. You win some, you lose some.

However, I can't handle mismanagement of the where to spot the ball. That's incompetence.

Todd4State
10-18-2015, 12:23 AM
Same officials that announced a penalty with his back turned to the press box last year against Texas A&M.

ShotgunDawg
10-18-2015, 12:29 AM
LA Tech lines up to run the play after the ball is brought back

http://i.imgur.com/dKdBZOB.jpg

Ref blows whistle and says, "Please put 11:19 back on the clock." "The receiver stepped out of bound at the plus 43 yard line on the other side of the 50. The ball will be spotted there."

LA Tech lines up for the next play

http://i.imgur.com/4CNfOZ6.jpg

Dawg61
10-18-2015, 12:42 AM
Well this ref did say "roughing the passer" twice after roughing the kicker flags. Maybe he's been hanging with Sarkisian & Odom

ShotgunDawg
10-18-2015, 12:43 AM
Well this ref did say "roughing the passer" twice after roughing the kicker flags. Maybe he's been hanging with Sarkisian & Odom

Strong point

RougeDawg
10-18-2015, 01:00 AM

Strong. Did anyone catch a Bunny Ranch arm band on him while announcing penalties?

Joe Schmedlap
10-18-2015, 06:25 AM
Sorry arsed refs missed a very obvious La Tech offensive lineman with his hands in the face of a rushing d lineman that halfway ripped our guy's helmet off. It was plain as day and gets called all the time in the SEC.

And was there really a hold on 22's kickoff return for a TD?

And whether one agrees with the rule or not, that was targeting when Walley was blown up in the end zone. That gets called 99.9% of the time in the SEC.

Spotting the ball on the wrong 43 yard line was egregious and indefensible. Dan deserves to be kicked in the groin repeatedly for not challenging that.

MSUMatt
10-18-2015, 08:41 AM
Sorry arsed refs missed a very obvious La Tech offensive lineman with his hands in the face of a rushing d lineman that halfway ripped our guy's helmet off. It was plain as day and gets called all the time in the SEC.

And was there really a hold on 22's kickoff return for a TD?

And whether one agrees with the rule or not, that was targeting when Walley was blown up in the end zone. That gets called 99.9% of the time in the SEC.

Spotting the ball on the wrong 43 yard line was egregious and indefensible. Dan deserves to be kicked in the groin repeatedly for not challenging that.

They also called a substitution infraction on us while Richie Brown was running off the field on the 3rd or 4th quarter. We played that play with ten men on the field because the next play Gerri Green comes in and no one comes off. There were also several times Dak gets hit as the receiver is catching his pass and nary a roughing the passer was called. Brandon walker tweeted something yesterday during the game that was very true....SEC officiating, we are not bad, we are just incompetent.

Bucky Dog
10-18-2015, 09:16 AM

Yeah I was yelling about this one as well. His face mask was grabbed about 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage and they marked it off from that point. If I'm not mistaken, it should have been marked off from the line of scrimmage if it occurs during an offensive play behind the line of scrimmage. If it occurs beyond the LOS, or on a defensive or special teams play then it is marked off from the spot of foul as well.

godlluB
10-18-2015, 09:24 AM
At least they didn't call us the "red" team. ***

ShotgunDawg
10-18-2015, 09:25 AM
Yeah I was yelling about this one as well. His face mask was grabbed about 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage and they marked it off from that point. If I'm not mistaken, it should have been marked off from the line of scrimmage if it occurs during an offensive play behind the line of scrimmage. If it occurs beyond the LOS, or on a defensive or special teams play then it is marked off from the spot of foul as well.

WOW

That officiating crew is brutal.

It's like we drew the bottom of the class yesterday. We drew the referee who's father is like a big donor to Harvard, but the kid is dumb. All the 3.5 & higher GPA students were working bigger games yesterday.

ShotgunDawg
10-18-2015, 09:27 AM
Here is the same guy (Ken Williamson) delivering the call facing the wrong direction. This guy is a joke

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--IrxSQxUb--/c_fill,fl_progressive,g_north,h_358,q_80,w_636/pl3gfaaazfc2biss5bir.jpg

This is beautiful. Here he is having a tantrum after turning the wrong way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsqWsifqrzw

Here, Williamson is refereeing the Tennessee/Bowling Green game & he tells a Bowling Green player on hot mic to "Get in the 17ing huddle"

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/hot-mic-ref-to-irate-coach-get-in-the-****in-huddle-1728964662

ShotgunDawg
10-18-2015, 01:40 PM
Bump for the lunch time crowd

Jack Lambert
10-18-2015, 01:46 PM
We were talking in the stands and wondering were these SEC or C-USA refs?