PDA

View Full Version : 2nd half scoring MSU 95, Opp 55. No 4th Qtr TD's given up by State...

MedDawg
10-17-2015, 11:07 PM
and 6 of our 7 opponents have been held to 6, 7, 7, 9, 6, and 3 points in the 2nd half.

We've adjusted better during halftime this year than anytime under Mullen. Especially on defense. Thanks, Diaz.

msstate7
10-17-2015, 11:13 PM
If Diaz can work out pre-game gameplanning, we could be tough down the stretch

TUSK
10-17-2015, 11:20 PM
dayum... now that's an impressive stat.

do you have a link where I could look up scoring by quarters for other teams?

MedDawg
10-18-2015, 12:25 AM
dayum... now that's an impressive stat.

do you have a link where I could look up scoring by quarters for other teams?

I don't, but I think I've seen them. This time I just manually took each one from MSU's schedule on ESPN dot com

Dawg61
10-18-2015, 12:59 AM
I like how you spelled out dot

mstatefan91
10-18-2015, 01:13 AM

I honestly think (could be totally wrong) that Diaz plans a very vanilla scheme for the first couple of defensive series to see exactly what the opposing offense wants to do so he can take it away from them for the rest of the game. That's how every game has looked this season. Is it the best plan? Probably not. Has it worked when our offense has got it together? Absolutely

aerodawg
10-18-2015, 02:33 PM
and 6 of our 7 opponents have been held to 6, 7, 7, 9, 6, and 3 points in the 2nd half.

We've adjusted better during halftime this year than anytime under Mullen. Especially on defense. Thanks, Diaz.

In-game adjustments are definitely his strong-suit. He did that well back in 2010 when he was here as well. We just need to be prepared and play some semblance of a defense in the first quarter and a half and we would be undefeated. Getting to the point that I just want to channel flip when we are on defense in the first quarter.

MedDawg
10-25-2015, 08:47 PM
and 7 of our 8 opponents have been held to 6, 7, 7, 9, 6, 3, and 3 points in the 2nd half.

Jack Lambert
10-26-2015, 07:51 AM

Or just hold them to field goals.

Jack Lambert
10-26-2015, 07:52 AM
In-game adjustments are definitely his strong-suit. He did that well back in 2010 when he was here as well. We just need to be prepared and play some semblance of a defense in the first quarter and a half and we would be undefeated. Getting to the point that I just want to channel flip when we are on defense in the first quarter.

Remember the Gator Bowl? MIchingan just ran all over us at first.

thf24
10-26-2015, 07:52 AM
I honestly think (could be totally wrong) that Diaz plans a very vanilla scheme for the first couple of defensive series to see exactly what the opposing offense wants to do so he can take it away from them for the rest of the game. That's how every game has looked this season. Is it the best plan? Probably not. Has it worked when our offense has got it together? Absolutely

I'd even go so far as to say that he shows the offense specific things in order to see how they react to them. It definitely makes for some nail-biting early on, but I doubt he's going to change. As long as it keeps mostly working, I don't have a real problem with it.

msstate7
10-26-2015, 07:54 AM
I'd even go so far as to say that he shows the offense specific things in order to see how they react to them. It definitely makes for some nail-biting early on, but I doubt he's going to change. As long as it keeps mostly working, I don't have a real problem with it.

I think it could potentially be a problem vs bama though where points could be at a premium.

basedog
10-26-2015, 07:58 AM

You may be right. I know against LaTech we lined up in a new look to start the game. Also the start of the Kentucky game Bo Williams had around 80 yards rushing in the 1st quarter and finished with around 95 total. Manny is good at what he does.

thf24
10-26-2015, 07:58 AM
I think it could potentially be a problem vs bama though where points could be at a premium.

Good point. Hopefully he'll try to lock it down a little sooner against a more conventional offense.