PDA

View Full Version : My two cents

Todd4State
10-17-2015, 11:03 PM
QB- Dak is Dak. Not really much more you can say. I'm glad that he got angry and then we went off on the 45-6 run.

RB- PLEASE START AND PLAY WILLIAMS AND LEE. This can not be said enough. Holloway started off the year "hot"- relatively speaking for him anyway- but he should not be getting twice as many touches as Lee and Williams. We may very well have the worst o-line in history or not- but Lee and Williams are able to move the ball and consistently get yards behid them. It doesn't make any sense to me to say that they sit because of the "little things that they need to work on" and then we start the worst blocker and receiving RB on the roster.

WR- They made plays all game long. I thought Dear looked awesome- I actually think he and Gabe Myles are actually better than Ross who is also really good. That's not a knock at Ross- that is compliment to Myles and Dear.

TE- Hutcherson has really come along. I thought he looked good. I feel bad for Walley getting hung out to dry.

OL- Best they have looked all year. And they would have probably even looked better with Lee and Williams getting even more touches. That only lends creedence to my theory that the issue is not them as much as it is the running backs.

DL- Chris Jones and Ryan Brown both were really good. I thought we got good pressure on a SEC caliber QB that could move.

LB- Richie Brown went into beast mode there for a minute. He needs to play pissed off more often.

CB- I thought they had kind of a rough day missing some tackles. But they weren't beat deep very often either so overall not horrible.

S- Coman has NO ball skills. He's always late. Bryant misses some plays from time to time, but he makes most of them and capped it off with a pick six. I'm so glad Rosebowl didn't run him off.

ST- Graves is really good, Cooke looked good, and Dear had good day overall returning kicks other than one he let go that they downed at the three. The blocked punt was THE key play I thought and even though we have some hiccups like roughing the kicker- this has been the best our ST has looked under Dan thus far.

As far as La Tech- they are a good team. They might win C-USA and they are better than USM. Looking at their schedule, I think they win at least 9. Their white slot WR is going to be Tom Brady's favorite target in a year or two after the Patriots sign him as a free agent. He was really good. I thought Driskel looked good. I wish we had taken Mahaffey from Brandon and Wixon from Pearl to help our o-line depth- both of them ended up at La Tech.

This was a game that as others have said we probably would have lost in the past. I was impressed at how our team stepped it up and came back and won comfortably. Great job by the Dawgs!

The officials were a complete joke though-worst I have seen this year.

msstate7
10-17-2015, 11:10 PM
Worth noting under LB... Jt gray with 10 tackles (5 solo). If jt can come on in that olb spot, our defense could be pretty good

ShotgunDawg
10-17-2015, 11:11 PM
Good thoughts & I agree with most of what you said.

The refs didn't just make poor calls today, they were incompetent & not professional with their constant botching of how they announced the calls.

I love Dear & Myles, but Ross is so sure sure handed & has become much better with getting YAK yards as of late. Ross is a really good player

Homedawg
10-17-2015, 11:27 PM
We keep saying lets play williams, lets play lee, first they need to learn how to put the ball in the proper hand and not fumble. Treat the ball like it's your life and I'll feel better. I know they practice getting the ball in the proper hand everyday, maybe just maybe that's why they sit??

Todd4State
10-17-2015, 11:46 PM
We keep saying lets play williams, lets play lee, first they need to learn how to put the ball in the proper hand and not fumble. Treat the ball like it's your life and I'll feel better. I know they practice getting the ball in the proper hand everyday, maybe just maybe that's why they sit??

They have fumbled just as many times as Shumpert. Lee hasn't lost a fumble yet. Williams has only had one. Why are our freshman expected to be perfect and the starters get passes? It should be about who is the most productive overall. Not be Walter Payton perfect and then you start.

Tbonewannabe
10-18-2015, 08:05 AM
I told my wife, if we want to win out DLee has to get out of the doghouse. He is a notch above every other RB that runs the ball.

sleepy dawg
10-18-2015, 11:27 AM
Bryant gave a quick clinic for all the DBs, WRs, and RBs on how to catch and run with the ball. That dude looked like a stud running the ball back... making cuts, visualizing the blocks/holes, and switching the ball to the correct hand based on the scenario. It was a pretty return.

hailmari
10-18-2015, 12:00 PM
Totally agree on Richie. He is a terrific guy, great representative for the program and school in general.... But oh my god, I'd much prefer it if he played as if were a little bit f'd up in the head. Get mean, man.

defiantdog
10-18-2015, 12:13 PM
Bryant gave a quick clinic for all the DBs, WRs, and RBs on how to catch and run with the ball. That dude looked like a stud running the ball back... making cuts, visualizing the blocks/holes, and switching the ball to the correct hand based on the scenario. It was a pretty return.

Coman played his role perfect on that play. We had a good pass rush that forced the pass, but it was Coman that set it up. If he didn't get burned and turned around, Bryant would have never had the opportunity to pick that pass off. Thank you Coman. Thank you for doing what you do.