PDA

View Full Version : Robert Conyers out for year with torn ACL

ShotgunDawg
10-17-2015, 10:49 PM
At least that's what Bafoom is reporting.

The Rebs will need Tunsil back just to have 5 offensive linemen

This could get out of hand for them quickly

msstate7
10-17-2015, 10:51 PM
That's... Uhhh... Not good for OM

RougeDawg
10-18-2015, 02:10 AM
Nah, they are good. With All those crootin championships and ESPN backing their house of cards , they should move up in rankings this week because of whom they signed and all that experienced depth they've accumulated against their lesser opponents. Oh wait, I forgot they leave starters in until late 4th in blowouts to pad stats and fool the media. Shit they have half a starting NFL team and 8 first round picks. Hell nothing they've actually accomplished on the field has warranted their praise over the last 3-4 seasons. So why start now?

BossDawg
10-18-2015, 03:18 AM
Am I imagining things or did Freeze say just before the season started that he felt they had the depth to compete for a NC this year? I'm almost positive he said something similar to that. Lol what a goon.

ETA: Just Google it. It was CJ Johnson referring to what Freeze had been telling them - "He feels like we have the depth and the talent to win the national championship......During a team meeting (recently), he told us if we all stay together and stay healthy and make the right decisions, we’ll have a chance to win the national championship.”

To be fair, there aren't many teams that wouldn't have a chance to win a NC if they "stay together and stay healthy and make the right decisions.". It's that staying together, staying healthy and making the right decisions part that seems to get most teams.

SheltonChoked
10-18-2015, 07:25 AM
Could be worse for the Rebs. They could be playing a team with the best DE in college football, with a coach that has a history of producing great DE's and a cat quick DL that abused Alabama's OL with 15 negative plays. What's that.? They are?!

Well, sometimes

starkvegasdawg
10-18-2015, 07:41 AM
Anyone heard a timetable on lil Kim?

msstate7
10-18-2015, 07:45 AM
Could be worse for the Rebs. They could be playing a team with the best DE in college football, with a coach that has a history of producing great DE's and a cat quick DL that abused Alabama's OL with 15 negative plays. What's that.? They are?!

Well, sometimes

Garrett had 2 TFL including a sack. He also 1 breakup, 1 bat down, and another qb hurry. That's against 25 passing attempts vs a LT (cam Robinson) that's just as good as tunsil and in game shape. OM will pass heavy and Garrett will be able to just come after Kelly

SheltonChoked
10-18-2015, 08:44 AM
And a tailback that was reeling off big runs all day long.

Tunsil kills his draft position on Saturday.

Jacksondevildog
10-18-2015, 08:45 AM
Rumors that Mike Hilton is hurt too. Little Kim probably won't play versus aTm.

ScottH
10-18-2015, 10:08 AM
Little Kim probably won't play versus aTm.

The next concussion costs millions.

Whoever advises him needs to shut him down and get him headed to the NFL.

Bocephus
10-18-2015, 10:59 AM
And a tailback that was reeling off big runs all day long.

Tunsil kills his draft position on Saturday.

Tunsil will not be up to game speed Sat. And Miles Garrett will be a tough, tough chore for Tunsil.

bulldawg28
10-18-2015, 11:02 AM
Tunsil will be fine on Saturday. You don't lose talent sitting on the sideline

dogshiek
10-18-2015, 11:11 AM

do you gain heart and desire sitting on the bench??? He definitely didn't lose that huge ass watch while sitting on the bench.

Johnson85
10-18-2015, 11:24 AM
The next concussion costs millions.

Whoever advises him needs to shut him down and get him headed to the NFL.

He really should sit out the next two weeks.

msstate7
10-18-2015, 11:31 AM

He certainly hasn't lost talent while sitting, but he will be in 1st game form vs a guy that's just as talented in mid-season form

msstate7
10-18-2015, 11:33 AM
He really should sit out the next two weeks.

If he does indeed sit out this week, OM loses.

hailmari
10-18-2015, 11:52 AM
Garrett had 2 TFL including a sack. He also 1 breakup, 1 bat down, and another qb hurry. That's against 25 passing attempts vs a LT (cam Robinson) that's just as good as tunsil and in game shape. OM will pass heavy and Garrett will be able to just come after Kelly

Much wow. Many "oh sh*ts" for OM fans.

mstatefan91
10-18-2015, 12:51 PM

This post is dumb on so many levels.

SheltonChoked
10-18-2015, 12:56 PM
Nope but you do lose the commutation and sync with the guys beside you. The guy across from him won 1/4 of the plays vs a guy that is rated as high or higher and has played all season. And has a better supporting cast.

Add in that that great class has nothing to play for now, and it will be ugly in Oxford next week.

RougeDawg
10-18-2015, 12:57 PM
If he does indeed sit out this week, OM loses.

They will lose if he sits or plays. Their wing got clipped yesterday and we are about to see an epic crash and burn. MGK will start pressing more and the defense will start hanging on to the half dozen or so picks a game they drop. He could easily have twice as many picks this season if the defense only caught half of the ones that hit them in the hands. 7 wins for them will be a struggle. Without the Bama miracle 6-6 was a real reality for them.

Bothrops
10-18-2015, 12:58 PM
A&M should dominate

bulldawg28
10-18-2015, 03:45 PM
This post is dumb on so many levels.

The dumb one is you if you think he's going to be dominated on Saturday. You can take the maroon homer glasses off. The dude is a legit 1st rounder. Yes, Texas A&M's DE may make a play but he's done that all year. Ole Miss winning or losing Saturday won't be Tunsil's fault or accomplishment. I guess you assume Tunsil has been sitting on the couch pigging out like you huh?

msstate7
10-18-2015, 03:56 PM
The dumb one is you if you think he's going to be dominated on Saturday. You can take the maroon homer glasses off. The dude is a legit 1st rounder. Yes, Texas A&M's DE may make a play but he's done that all year. Ole Miss winning or losing Saturday won't be Tunsil's fault or accomplishment. I guess you assume Tunsil has been sitting on the couch pigging out like you huh?

No one has said tunsil will be dominated... Just that it's a very tough draw for his first game.

Tunsil certainly has been practicing, but who can OM use to simulate garrett's speed off the edge?

bulldawg28
10-18-2015, 04:55 PM
No one has said tunsil will be dominated... Just that it's a very tough draw for his first game.

Tunsil certainly has been practicing, but who can OM use to simulate garrett's speed off the edge?

I was replying directly to his or her comment. Speed off the edge can be simulated for them by #27. However, no team in college has anyone that can simulate both size and speed. He's not very physical at the line of scrimmage I'd run the ball directly at him

mstatefan91
10-18-2015, 04:58 PM

I assume that he hasn't had any game reps since last season. Wait... did I say assume? I meant that I KNOW he hasn't.

Legit first rounder or not, that usually doesn't work out well for anyone.

Oh and get over yourself.

Todd4State
10-18-2015, 05:03 PM
Back to the task at hand folks- Ole Miss losing their center is a BIG loss even though they do get Tunsil back.

The center is the leader of the o-line.

ScottH
10-18-2015, 05:28 PM
Back to the task at hand folks- Ole Miss losing their center is a BIG loss even though they do get Tunsil back.

Daylon Mack is licking his chops.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2580134-texas-am-dl-daylon-mack-busts-through-alabama-offensive-line-stuffs-run?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national#ooid=BpcGk5eDraiPG2UrKnFaCjqPn295PKZL

Jacksondevildog
10-18-2015, 05:33 PM
I think the Bears realize this, but Vegas has yet to understand how thin they are right now due to injuries.

Dawgcentral
10-18-2015, 05:44 PM
Hell, Tunsil may go down with injury early in this game. I don't know why he hasn't already signed with an agent and gotten the hell out of Oxford. Nothing to be gained at this point in time. Dude can't even borrow a ride!

Coach34
10-18-2015, 05:49 PM
Big Softie is good but a little rusty
Garrett is really damn good

Big Softie will have his hands full Saturday night

BeardoMSU
10-18-2015, 05:55 PM
Big Softie is good but a little rusty
Garrett is really damn good

Big Softie will have his hands full Saturday night

Regardless of how well prepared LT is for Garrett, OM's interior linemen are gonna get worked by A&M's DT's....if they stunt a few LB's now and then, OM's o-line won't know what to do. You can have the best left tackle of all time blocking for you, but if the other 4 guys ain't worth a shit, it doesn't really matter.

Todd4State
10-18-2015, 06:42 PM
Regardless of how well prepared LT is for Garrett, OM's interior linemen are gonna get worked by A&M's DT's....if they stunt a few LB's now and then, OM's o-line won't know what to do. You can have the best left tackle of all time blocking for you, but if the other 4 guys ain't worth a shit, it doesn't really matter.

Exactly. Heck, if it were me I would just put my weakest pass rushing DE on Tunsil and then have the best pass rusher go up against their RT.

msstate7
10-18-2015, 07:09 PM
Exactly. Heck, if it were me I would just put my weakest pass rushing DE on Tunsil and then have the best pass rusher go up against their RT.

Their weaker de (hall) is pretty damn good. 7 TFL and 5 sacks

Todd4State
10-18-2015, 07:11 PM
Their weaker de (hall) is pretty damn good. 7 TFL and 5 sacks

I was speaking more in general terms, but to your point with A&M it really doesn't matter because as you said both are really good. And then they have their beast of a DT.

msstate7
10-18-2015, 07:15 PM
So who is playing center for OM now?

SheltonChoked
10-18-2015, 07:50 PM
Bulldog28. I don't care if Tunsil is the second coming of Orlando pace, it's horrible timing for him personally to be going against the A&M defensive ends. Both have shown a great ability to rush the passer. Both have done very well vs passing teams all year long. Tunsil has not played a meaningful snap in 10 months. That is tough to do. I don't think he get dominated every play. But I think he looks bad and will be on the Garrett draft video in a year.

bulldawg28
10-18-2015, 10:10 PM
Bulldog28. I don't care if Tunsil is the second coming of Orlando pace, it's horrible timing for him personally to be going against the A&M defensive ends. Both have shown a great ability to rush the passer. Both have done very well vs passing teams all year long. Tunsil has not played a meaningful snap in 10 months. That is tough to do. I don't think he get dominated every play. But I think he looks bad and will be on the Garrett draft video in a year.

I agree Garrett is going to make plays. I also know Garrett will also be on Tunsil's draft film as well. It's two great players going at it. The difference is when Tunsil gets beaten it will be noticed by the watching works because it's a sack. I'm not defending Tunsil I could care less it's just people don't seem to understand how football works. There is very little domination happening except with a few players ala Fournette. Jefferson has more tackles than Garrett but 5 fewer sacks. I think Jefferson will give Tunsil a harder time due that he's more physical. Both Tunsil and Garrett are finess guys that rely on their athletic ability to produce.

mstatefan91
10-18-2015, 10:15 PM
I agree Garrett is going to make plays. I also know Garrett will also be on Tunsil's draft film as well. It's two great players going at it. The difference is when Tunsil gets beaten it will be noticed by the watching works because it's a sack. I'm not defending Tunsil I could care less it's just people don't seem to understand how football works. There is very little domination happening except with a few players ala Fournette. Jefferson has more tackles than Garrett but 5 fewer sacks. I think Jefferson will give Tunsil a harder time due that he's more physical. Both Tunsil and Garrett are finess guys that rely on their athletic ability to produce.

If Tunsil makes it to the Egg Bowl, I will be shocked.. I mean it could happen, but ehhh...

ShotgunDawg
10-18-2015, 10:19 PM
If Tunsil makes it to the Egg Bowl, I will be shocked.. I mean it could happen, but ehhh...

I really really really want Kimchee, Tonsil, & Paidwell to play in that game & hope Davis Wade gives them a little Yankee Stadium to Pedro Martinez "Who's your Daddy"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRnVZoh2JFs

bulldawg28
10-18-2015, 10:25 PM

Lol...If he doesn't make it to the Egg bowl due to injury forget everything I said his ass is trash.

bulldawg28
10-18-2015, 10:28 PM
I really really really want Kimchee, Tonsil, & Paidwell to play in that game & hope Davis Wade gives them a little Yankee Stadium to Pedro Martinez "Who's your Daddy"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRnVZoh2JFs

Don't forget Mr Johnson needs to be serenaded as well.

ShotgunDawg
10-18-2015, 10:32 PM
Don't forget Mr Johnson needs to be serenaded as well.

YES!!!

Him as well. Got to send these fellas out in style.

The student section needs to start a role call like at Yankee Stadium & then proceed to "Was it worth it?" cha cha chachacha "Was it worth it?" in the "Who's your daddy" beat

mstatefan91
10-18-2015, 10:40 PM
YES!!!

Him as well. Got to send these fellas out in style.

The student section needs to start a role call like at Yankee Stadium & then proceed to "Was it worth it?" cha cha chachacha "Was it worth it?" in the "Who's your daddy" beat

If anyone could coordinate that, I would be simply amazed. You'd have better luck getting everyone from elitedawgs together down by the field and chanting it.

War Machine Dawg
10-19-2015, 12:43 AM
I assume that he hasn't had any game reps since last season. Wait... did I say assume? I meant that I KNOW he hasn't.

Legit first rounder or not, that usually doesn't work out well for anyone.

Oh and get over yourself.

Nailed it. The only way to be in "game shape" is to play. It's a different level of intensity. Practice only simulates so much. Tunsil won't be dominated, but he's going to get whipped more than he normally would, especially with a guy who's playing his way into a high first round pick himself.

Thick
10-19-2015, 07:14 AM
We could see Rawlings move to center, and Liggins move to right tackle. I know that Rawlings worked some at center when he first arrived to campus. I have no idea, but just throwing out that possibility

SheltonChoked
10-19-2015, 08:32 AM
This is the Dumbest thing I've read on here today. You lost me again. Your solution to slowing down Garrett is by running at him??!? With who exactly?!? Big Kimchee is hurt. And if you haven't watched. The ole miss running game sucks. So yeah running at the de's will help them win the game. Ole Miss ran the ball 24 times for 40 yards Vs MEMPHIS. And your solution to helping Tunsil not get Owned is running the ball.

I'm sure Chavis is terrified of that. Please don't throw me in the Briar patch.

ScottH
10-19-2015, 08:58 AM
We could see Rawlings move to center, and Liggins move to right tackle. I know that Rawlings worked some at center when he first arrived to campus. I have no idea, but just throwing out that possibility

Good lord let that happen.

See Daylon Mack video above. He blew up Bama's back up who was #1 rated coming out a year ago.

Now we possibly have 5 Star DL vs 1st Team MAIS. Please be true.