PDA

View Full Version : Statistical Update, 2015 Week 7

Quaoarsking
10-17-2015, 08:33 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippi_State_Bulldogs_football_statistical_le aders

Big game for Dak.
Dak's 30 completions, 347 passing yards, and 381 total offense yards get him into the single-game top 10 lists. This is his 3rd time (after LSU and Auburn) to have at least 29 completions.
Dak now has 148 completions this season, 5 away from entering the single-season top 10 (with 6 games still to go). He remains on pace to beat the record of 244 he set last year.
Dak's now at an even 1,700 passing yards on the season, which is 209 away from another entry on the single-season top 10 leaderboard. He'll need 291/game to break the record of 3,449 he set last year, assuming 6 more games.
With 11 passing touchdowns on the season, he's already tied for 9th most in a single season.
He passed Vick Ballard to move to 11th in career rushing yards with 2,187. He's 22 away from passing Dicenzo Miller for 10th.
Dak added 1 more rushing touchdown to have 35 in his career. He's 7 away from matching Anthony Dixon's record of 42.
Dak now has 1,954 yards of total offense and 15 total touchdowns on the season, so he should have another entry on both of those lists soon, probably next week.
He also extended several career records:
566 completions
7,283 passing yards
52 passing touchdowns
9,470 yards of total offense
87 touchdowns responsible for -- I've seen some graphics online saying he has 90, which I assume are counting his 3 receiving touchdowns also. That's nice and all, but it's not techniaclly the definition of stat, which is supposed to be passing + rushing only.

De'Runnya Wilson
Wilson has now tied Bill Buckley for 10th alltime with 102 receptions. If he returns for his senior year and never gets hurt, he ought to finish with almost 200 receptions, which would shatter David Smith's school record of 162.
Wilson now has 1,464 receiving yards in his career and is 90 away from passing Jameon Lewis for 10th. He should be able to pass Chad Bumphis's record of 2,270 if he comes back next year.
Wilson is now tied for 2nd all-time with 17 receiving touchdowns. He'll need 7 more to tie Chad Bumphis's record of 24.

Fred Ross
Ross slipped behind pace to set the single-season record of receptions (74), but he did add 3 to get to 38, so he'll only need 6/game to get there (assuming 6 more games), so I think he has a decent shot.
I continue to think Ross will end up with more than 162 receptions and 2,270 receiving yards, assuming 19 more games in his career, so if he and De'Runnya are both here next year, it will be exciting to see which one ends up on top.

Westin Graves
It's kinda arbitrary whether Graves has kicked enough to earn a spot on the accuracy lists, but I decided to go ahead and put him on there.
Currently the most accurate kicker in school history. It will be interesting to see if he stays there his whole career. Also, I hope I didn't just jinx him by mentioning that.

sleepy dawg
10-17-2015, 09:46 PM
Thanks for posting. I love seeing this even if I don't say so every week.

Coach34
10-18-2015, 09:21 AM
yeah- great addition to the Board each week

Political Hack
10-18-2015, 10:10 AM
Graves may be the best kicker we've ever had.

sleepy dawg
10-18-2015, 11:34 AM
Graves may be the best kicker we've ever had.

It sure feels like it right now. I'm not sure if he's that great, or we've just seen so many bullshit kickers over the past 15 years that anyone who can actually do what they're supposed to seems like the best ever.

tireddawg
10-18-2015, 12:29 PM
Graves is really good. Is Mullen trusting him more?