PDA

View Full Version : Don't fire Dan Mullen...or Diaz

Dawgology
10-17-2015, 06:52 PM
I have to admit, especially early on in our game this morning, I was pissed and ready for a change. I bitched and moaned about coaching and players not caring. I think it was okay to be upset about how that game started. But then I watched our team come together and come screaming back to life. That was a gutsy turn around today, led by our QB. I saw our D lock down and play hard when they could have given up. I watched our coaches toss the dice with some young guys and they performed in a tight spot against a good opponent.

All in all, I seriously doubted we had it in us and I was waaay wrong. I hope they play with that type of intensity and inspiration the rest of the season.

DudyDawg
10-17-2015, 06:53 PM
What the hell is gutsy about beating a conference usa team

Jack Lambert
10-17-2015, 06:57 PM

Coming back after going down 14 to 0 is pretty gutsy. They almost did it aginst the #6 team. This team is getting better each week and why are you being harse? The guy is being positive. We need some of that around here.

CadaverDawg
10-17-2015, 06:59 PM

We fell behind 14-0 to a pretty good offensive team, and instead of folding Bc we were playing like garbage, our guys said "**** that", and went on a 48-6 tear to finish the game. Pretty gutsy considering the situation and the way our offense has looked. Not to mention no Ross, and a phantom holding call negating a TD early.

Nobody is saying we shouldn't have beat em bad, or that we should have ever fallen behind. But once we did, the way we got pissed and blew them out showed a lot of heart, pride, and guts IMO.

Bully13
10-17-2015, 07:04 PM

You should learn more about football

DudyDawg
10-17-2015, 07:23 PM
You should learn more about football

So you're saying they should compete with us?

I'm not saying I'm unhappy about the win or that we started off slow and picked it up. Just that it doesn't take "guts" to beat a directional college with 1/4th our budget. That's gutsy for the old mississippi state

Willn1
10-17-2015, 07:33 PM
Just that it doesn't take "guts" to beat a directional college with 1/4th our budget. That's gutsy for the old mississippi state[/QUOTE]

Ole Miss may disagree. ...

DudyDawg
10-17-2015, 07:41 PM
Just that it doesn't take "guts" to beat a directional college with 1/4th our budget. That's gutsy for the old mississippi state

Ole Miss may disagree. ...[/QUOTE]

Not an equal comparison, is it?

Dawgcentral
10-17-2015, 07:59 PM
The old MSU would have been lucky to come back and win the game 20-17.

Being a directional school with a small budget does have some weight, but looking at what they managed against KSU earlier in the season says this LTech team is more than weak.

I'll be clear. No way this is an indication we can win out. That's a tall task with what we'll be facing, but the young guys are getting work and making plays. They're gaining confidence. I have hope for the future.

Percho
10-17-2015, 08:00 PM

Ask OM!

DudyDawg
10-17-2015, 08:04 PM
The old MSU would have been lucky to come back and win the game 20-17.

Being a directional school with a small budget does have some weight, but looking at what they managed against KSU earlier in the season says this LTech team is more than weak.

I'll be clear. No way this is an indication we can win out. That's a tall task with what we'll be facing, but the young guys are getting work and making plays. They're gaining confidence. I have hope for the future.

Ksu was impressive today

Dawgology
10-17-2015, 08:18 PM

Typically I throw a little respect towards the guys with 4,000 posts etc. but, in this instance I will just say " take your 4,000 posts and **** off". I don't know how much football you have watched but going down 14-0 at home in about ten minutes can deflate even the best team...regardless of conference or talent.

You are right! We should have NEVeR been down 14-0 to this team. But we WERE and it was teetering on becoming a blow out. Our team sacked up, got serious, and proceeded to blow their doors off. That takes guts especially from a relatively young team. If you aren't pleased by this win then i feel for you. Your in for a disappointing life.

DudyDawg
10-17-2015, 08:27 PM
Typically I throw a little respect towards the guys with 4,000 posts etc. but, in this instance I will just say " take your 4,000 posts and **** off". I don't know how much football you have watched but going down 14-0 at home in about ten minutes can deflate even the best team...regardless of conference or talent.

You are right! We should have NEVeR been down 14-0 to this team. But we WERE and it was teetering on becoming a blow out. Our team sacked up, got serious, and proceeded to blow their doors off. That takes guts especially from a relatively young team. If you aren't pleased by this win then i feel for you. Your in for a disappointing life.

You're*

And check my 4000 posts, you'll find a few in the 3990's saying I'm happy we won

Coach34
10-17-2015, 08:36 PM
So you're saying they should compete with us?

Yes- they are a solid program. And beat Hud the Great like a redheaded stepchild. Their QB was rated much higher than ours coming out of HS and their OL guys were rated just as high. And we hammered their ass and covered a spread many didnt think we would

Dawgology
10-17-2015, 08:41 PM
You're*

And check my 4000 posts, you'll find a few in the 3990's saying I'm happy we won

"won." A period belongs at the end of that sentence. You know...like what you have one week out of the month. It seems like that may be this week. We can play this juvenile game all day long.

DudyDawg
10-17-2015, 08:46 PM
"won." A period belongs at the end of that sentence. You know...like what you have one week out of the month. It seems like that may be this week. We can play this juvenile game all day long.

Haha fair enough.

Still, I've said many times I'm happy we won. I'll always be happy with a W. Doesn't make me satisfied.

DudyDawg
10-17-2015, 08:47 PM
Yes- they are a solid program. And beat Hud the Great like a redheaded stepchild. Their QB was rated much higher than ours coming out of HS and their OL guys were rated just as high. And we hammered their ass and covered a spread many didnt think we would

Thought starzzzzzzz don't mean shit.

DudyDawg
10-17-2015, 08:50 PM
Yes- they are a solid program.

Hey, if the Seal and the new bowled stadium and SECN money buys a W against a "solid program" and makes us happy, we should invest somewhere else

Dawgology
10-17-2015, 08:51 PM
Haha fair enough.

Still, I've said many times I'm happy we won. I'll always be happy with a W. Doesn't make me satisfied.

Trust me. I won't be satisfied until we have a SEC champ trophy to show off. I'm hell to deal with during football season... But I just feel that there is something about this win that will redefine our season in a good way. Don't sell it short. Still a lot to fix on this team.

DudyDawg
10-17-2015, 08:54 PM
Trust me. I won't be satisfied until we have a SEC champ trophy to show off. I'm hell to deal with during football season... But I just feel that there is something about this win that will redefine our season in a good way. Don't sell it short. Still a lot to fix on this team.

Truly, I hope you're right. But I'm not gonna get fired up because we "came back" two possessions into our homecoming game.

sleepy dawg
10-17-2015, 09:44 PM
I have to admit, especially early on in our game this morning, I was pissed and ready for a change. I bitched and moaned about coaching and players not caring. I think it was okay to be upset about how that game started. But then I watched our team come together and come screaming back to life. That was a gutsy turn around today, led by our QB. I saw our D lock down and play hard when they could have given up. I watched our coaches toss the dice with some young guys and they performed in a tight spot against a good opponent.

All in all, I seriously doubted we had it in us and I was waaay wrong. I hope they play with that type of intensity and inspiration the rest of the season.

Don't you see how ridiculous it is to go from wanting to fire our coaching staff, then not after every couple of games, and even within single games? Why are so many on this board such lunatics? Saying "I'm hell to deal with during football season" is another way of saying "I'm a dickhead".

Coach34
10-17-2015, 10:28 PM
Thought starzzzzzzz don't mean shit.

According to many people- they do

Coach34
10-17-2015, 10:31 PM
Truly, I hope you're right. But I'm not gonna get fired up because we "came back" two possessions into our homecoming game.

We dominated this game today from the mid-1st on. You are really missing alot. We arent perfect- but Vegas only had us as a 13 point favorite. We won 25

Dawgology
10-17-2015, 11:36 PM
Don't you see how ridiculous it is to go from wanting to fire our coaching staff, then not after every couple of games, and even within single games? Why are so many on this board such lunatics? Saying "I'm hell to deal with during football season" is another way of saying "I'm a dickhead".

Yep it's crazy. I'm a fan and can get passionate about MSU football. One day I will reach the football zen status that you have and be able to enjoy it in a completely emotionless state. But not now. I may, in fact, be a dick head. I've been called far worse by far better. Thanks for your enlightened comments. Have a great night.

DudyDawg
10-18-2015, 01:59 AM
We dominated this game today from the mid-1st on. You are really missing alot. We arent perfect- but Vegas only had us as a 13 point favorite. We won 25

I'm not missing anything. Just think we are past being pumped about winning by 3 scores against a CUSA team. Happy we won, we can do better, disappointed in the start.

Bully13
10-18-2015, 09:34 AM
every week you can find programs with more resources and crootin' stars struggle against teams with much less from lesser conferences. and sometimes they even lose to them.

it's called football. a lot of LA tech players were "just misses" out of high school regarding not getting solid offers from bigger programs and they developed into solid players and have chips on their shoulders when playing power 5 teams. attitude and emotion plays a big role in outcomes of football games.

based on where we are , I see nothing wrong with describing what happened as "gutsy". I was pissed as hell in the beginning. even made a post about ED posters being stupid and booger being a genius.

gutsy win. and I like the way we ran away with it instead of letting them hang around after we went up.

DudyDawg
10-18-2015, 09:39 AM
I disagree but I understand your view. Can't complain too much about a win