PDA

View Full Version : 7 Games In Perspective We May Be Overlooking....

RougeDawg
10-17-2015, 04:14 PM
We have 2 losses. Two losses to teams that are both undefeated and currently ranked #6 and #9. We lost to #6 by 2 points, while missing a last second FG. We lost to #9 on the road by 13, in front of 102K, but had two costly Turnovers where we could have scored. We also allowed a last minute (20 second) TD in first half.

Point being, while we have yet to play a full 60 minutes of sound football, we are still a very good team. Our playcalling on both sides of the ball has been questionable at times. We have had some bad breaks, but we have taken care of business for the majority of the time. The team is getting better each week and we are now seeing some of our younger guys stepping up as they get more PT. The last few games I've actually noticed when Chris Jones is in the game. He's making himself a presence on the DL. Ryan Brown is getting better as well. Richie's tackling is much improved over the last couple games, along with most of our defense. Will had an off day today, but nothing of concern because he has been consistently our best defensive player. The offense is getting better and we seem more productive when we move the pocket and add some motion. We have as much talent with our offensive play makers that I can ever recall, from Senior to Freshman. We will be fine there for years to come.

We need to take care of UK this week and then get a nice week off. Rest up and then head on the road to play an above average Mizzou team. Our off week came at a nice time this year. We essentially get 11 days to prep for Mizzou and 9 to prep for Bama. We still have a shot at the west but will need some help from others. Each game remaining on our schedule is winnable. We will have to pass against Bama to beat them, and luckily we get them at home. We just have to take care of business and keep getting better.

Dawg61
10-17-2015, 04:21 PM
Good post but I disagree about Mizzou. Without Mauk they are average at best. We need Florida to beat LSU tonight. Must have that for any chance because both LSU and aTm have to lose three for us to have any chance for Atlanta. Of course we'll have to win out too. I can see aTm losing 3. Not LSU though unless they lose tonight. Go GATORS!!

RougeDawg
10-17-2015, 04:28 PM
Good post but I disagree about Mizzou. Without Mauk they are average at best. We need Florida to beat LSU tonight. Must have that for any chance because both LSU and aTm have to lose three for us to have any chance for Atlanta. Of course we'll have to win out too. I can see aTm losing 3. Not LSU though unless they lose tonight. Go GATORS!!

Good catch, I had forgotten about Mauk. On the road is always tough in SEC.

Isn't there a 3 way tie breaker that says highest ranked team goes to ATL, or is there another one before that one. If we can somehow get in a 3-4 way tie with all teams having 2 losses, what would happen then?

TUSK
10-17-2015, 04:30 PM
anybody think Florida clips LSU tonight?

I think they've a great shot... even with Treon taking the snaps...

Dawg61
10-17-2015, 04:32 PM
Good catch, I had forgotten about Mauk. On the road is always tough in SEC.

Isn't there a 3 way tie breaker that says highest ranked team goes to ATL, or is there another one before that one. If we can somehow get in a 3-4 way tie with all teams having 2 losses, what would happen then?

I am under the assumption head to head is looked at first with tiebreakers. That's how Mizzou keeps sneaking into the SECCG. They've been tied but keep having the head to head edge over the other tied teams.

RougeDawg
10-17-2015, 04:33 PM

I think Florida has a chance. Florida's defense is fast and physical. This game will be on Harris' shoulders to win for LSU.

Dawg61
10-17-2015, 04:34 PM

With that defense they have a chance vs anyone. Big drop off at QB for them though. LSU doesn't lose at home at night very often. Unfortunately I do not think Florida wins but I'll be rooting hard for them to.

RougeDawg
10-17-2015, 04:40 PM
I am under the assumption head to head is looked at first with tiebreakers. That's how Mizzou keeps sneaking into the SECCG. They've been tied but keep having the head to head edge over the other tied teams.

Trying to think about it correctly, but we could finish with 2 SEC losses alone with LSU, A&M, and Bama. We would have to win out. A&M - 2 losses to Bama & LSU/OM/Auburn(longshot). LSU - losses to UF/Ark/OM/Bama. Bama - 2 loses to UM & Us. Our two losses LSU & A&M. Could get intersting.

Dawg61
10-17-2015, 04:48 PM
Trying to think about it correctly, but we could finish with 2 SEC losses alone with LSU, A&M, and Bama. We would have to win out. A&M - 2 losses to Bama & LSU/OM/Auburn(longshot). LSU - losses to UF/Ark/OM/Bama. Bama - 2 loses to UM & Us. Our two losses LSU & A&M. Could get intersting.

Four way tie and I have no idea what's the first tiebreaker. Anyone care to look it up? It'd still be unlikely that we end up highest ranked in that scenario even though we'd be winning out because we aren't ranked today.

Pinto
10-17-2015, 04:53 PM
LSU will roll tonight.

Quaoarsking
10-17-2015, 05:44 PM
Longshot because Ole Miss blows, but if LSU and Texas A&M lose to Ole Miss and alabama, and we go 10-2, we probably win the West.

If nobody loses any other conference games, we'd have a 4-way tie at 6-2 with Ole Miss, Alabama, and the LSU-Texas a&m winner (the loser would be 5-3). We would be 2-1 against the group, as would Ole Miss, while the others 1-2, and we would go to Atlanta with head to head over Ole Miss.

But if there are other losses mixed in, we might not come out on top. Ole Miss could lose any of their remaining games. We need them to win enough to get in the big tie and help us, and to hand LSU and A&M losses. If they crash, it's still possible but we'll need Auburn and Arkansas to help us out

BulldogBear
10-17-2015, 05:58 PM
Longshot because Ole Miss blows, but if LSU and Texas A&M lose to Ole Miss and alabama, and we go 10-2, we probably win the West.

If nobody loses any other conference games, we'd have a 4-way tie at 6-2 with Ole Miss, Alabama, and the LSU-Texas a&m winner (the loser would be 5-3). We would be 2-1 against the group, as would Ole Miss, while the others 1-2, and we would go to Atlanta with head to head over Ole Miss.

But if there are other losses mixed in, we might not come out on top. Ole Miss could lose any of their remaining games. We need them to win enough to get in the big tie and help us, and to hand LSU and A&M losses. If they crash, it's still possible but we'll need Auburn and Arkansas to help us out

Adding to the tie breaker discussion. Somewhere in there after H2H is division record. At thus point I prefer winning out and if we must have a two way to let it be UMiss or Bammer. One of Rebs loss is Florida so their division record will be better.

But at this point I can see them losing 2-4 more anyway.

Quaoarsking
10-17-2015, 07:14 PM
Adding to the tie breaker discussion. Somewhere in there after H2H is division record. At thus point I prefer winning out and if we must have a two way to let it be UMiss or Bammer. One of Rebs loss is Florida so their division record will be better.

But at this point I can see them losing 2-4 more anyway.

Right, a 3-way 6-2 tie with Ole Miss and either LSU or Texas A&M doesn't end with us in Atlanta. So many possibilities out there.