PDA

View Full Version : The Rebels are just eaten up by this board...

CadaverDawg
07-25-2013, 09:50 PM
Every time EliteDawgs is mentioned on another board, there are Rebels that chime in with little jabs at the board...most of which aren't even close to being true...and it's because they can't come over here and defend their honor and it's killing them.

It is both pathetic AND hilarious.

And for those clicking on THIS post wishing they could respond....well, you can't so **** off.

Coach34
07-25-2013, 10:33 PM
hahahahaaaa. And PizzaBoy6 bans me again.

The Rebs get mad and try to spin it like we're here because we don't want a dissenting opinion. No, we simply don't want a Rebel opinion or any spin. State fans on this board will disagree everyday- and do.

angusyoung
07-25-2013, 10:40 PM
**** all those ***** mother****ers. State and Ole Miss alike.

Dawg61
07-25-2013, 10:42 PM
Just curious but how can/do you ensure they don't sign up here? How can you tell whose IP address is Dawg or Rebel? You must be using your Jedi mind tricks.**

Coach34
07-25-2013, 10:45 PM
Just curious but how can/do you ensure they don't sign up here? How can you tell whose IP address is Dawg or Rebel? You must be using your Jedi mind tricks.**

We just keep that bullshit off the board- regardless of who signs up.

Dawg61
07-25-2013, 10:57 PM
Haha gotcha. Do you have a rules page yet? SPS has rules like rule 17 and such. Does this board have any yet? Who are the mods that can boot me (that will never be necessary)? I just like to know who has that power. Fantastic looking board btw. I'm impressed.

Coach34
07-25-2013, 11:13 PM
Haha gotcha. Do you have a rules page yet? SPS has rules like rule 17 and such. Does this board have any yet? Who are the mods that can boot me (that will never be necessary)? I just like to know who has that power. Fantastic looking board btw. I'm impressed.

Rules are in the "Welcome to Elitedawgs" thread stickied at the top. They are pretty simple

Mods are myself, Scooba, Slick, Flabby, Behr...we may be adding another 1 or two before long

Dawg61
07-25-2013, 11:25 PM
Thanks. Congrats on the board. I'll spread the word

messageboardsuperhero
07-25-2013, 11:42 PM
Every time EliteDawgs is mentioned on another board, there are Rebels that chime in with little jabs at the board...most of which aren't even close to being true...and it's because they can't come over here and defend their honor and it's killing them.

And for those clicking on THIS post wishing they could respond....well, you can't so **** off.

Good, that just means they're looking. It proves that this board is relevant, despite what some UM fans might try to say. They're just mad they can't spin shit over here.

Coach34
07-25-2013, 11:45 PM
Good, that just means they're looking. .

Average visitors to the site have grown 25% over the last 10 days- people are looking alright

FlabLoser
07-25-2013, 11:48 PM
Now and then I scan NAFOOM for mentions. I think I've never found NAFOOM without ED and some of our members getting front page discussion.

Todd4State
07-26-2013, 12:13 AM
Average visitors to the site have grown 25% over the last 10 days- people are looking alright

I wonder why? It's not like it's football season.

CadaverDawg
07-26-2013, 12:15 AM
By the way, that Ket guy on SPS is a total embarrassment to Ole Miss. He is a strange little freak. I mean weird. Dude has issues. He's your typical "parent's basement" dweller that probably smells like ass and has no friends. Thanks for reading EliteDawgs, Ket.

Ok, I think i got my point across...Carry on

Gen. Grant
07-26-2013, 12:49 AM
Coach, thanks again for making this a place run by dawgs for dawgs. I'm glad this place is growing by the day. Ill be making a donation soon. Moving to Starkville took most of my extra cash.

DownwardDawg
07-26-2013, 07:47 AM
So far, this is the 1st board I click on when I want to check on things. Success.

Hump4Hoops
07-26-2013, 07:52 AM
We've come full circle. The nanny-ing of the board I'm now seeing is hillarious.

Have fun with genes page 2.0, guys.2

FISHDAWG
07-26-2013, 08:22 AM

HA !! I know the word "obsessed" is typically overused but not when it comes to their obsession of the Pied Piper ... I seriously believe he prevents quality REM sleep for some of them

angusyoung
07-26-2013, 08:24 AM
We've come full circle. The nanny-ing of the board I'm now seeing is hillarious.

I don't think that's true at all. There is room in between sheep and complete smart ass douchebags. It includes a fair amount of decency and flexibility.

Extremes on both sides are always bad but it's the gray area that requires some common sense that bothers people like you.

Goat Holder
07-26-2013, 08:51 AM
We really won't miss you, pal.

swdawg
07-26-2013, 09:08 AM
Complete with deleting of posts. Why was my comment deleted??

I seen it dawg
07-26-2013, 09:15 AM
Head back to SPS. No hard feelings.

FlabLoser
07-26-2013, 09:28 AM
Complete with deleting of posts. Why was my comment deleted??

It was political.

swdawg
07-26-2013, 09:36 AM
No it wasn't. I just shared my opinion on what possibly caused the spike in traffic over the last ten days.
It was political.

FISHDAWG
07-26-2013, 10:41 AM
wow - it's not just the rebels that this board irritates ... I just finished reading Cadavers thread on SPS, you know the one where an attempt to show those guys how message boards can have an impact on players & recruits and I am convinced that battle lines have been drawn between Elite-D & SPS ..... what was sad was the belligerency shown towards other state folks just because they are now considered an E-dawg and no longer a six-packer .... they totally missed the point of the thread, and not just the posters but the admin as well ..... cynicism and cool have become more important than reason and rationale ... I came very close to breaking whatever rule it is when you say screw this board, I'm outta here .... but I thought about it some and realized they are the perfect recruiting machine for Elite Dawgs

SignalToNoise
07-26-2013, 10:45 AM
I read that thread too and had the same thoughts. I didn't see anyone refuting the central idea of the post, which was a message from an actual recruits parent detailing how he was turned off by the bashing that took place some blogs and other sites. It was a bunch of ad hominem attacks and snide comments. HD6 was bringing up old threads.. "Well I remember when C34 said this!!!" . He had nothing to add to the topic at hand.

Pollodawg
07-26-2013, 10:49 AM
This board is quickly becoming my go to for most cases. I still post on another board some, but this is pretty much the starter now, lol. It's increasingly difficult to find general SEC boards that aren't loaded with bears trolling for all they're worth.

PMDawg
07-26-2013, 10:57 AM
I think the best course of action is for this board to ignore that one and vice versa. Not saying don't view both, but don't talk about ED there or talk about SPS here. Easier said then done I know, but it's turning into a nonproductive pissing contest.

I seen it dawg
07-26-2013, 10:58 AM
wow - it's not just the rebels that this board irritates ... I just finished reading Cadavers thread on SPS, you know the one where an attempt to show those guys how message boards can have an impact on players & recruits and I am convinced that battle lines have been drawn between Elite-D & SPS ..... what was sad was the belligerency shown towards other state folks just because they are now considered an E-dawg and no longer a six-packer .... they totally missed the point of the thread, and not just the posters but the admin as well ..... cynicism and cool have become more important than reason and rationale ... I came very close to breaking whatever rule it is when you say screw this board, I'm outta here .... but I thought about it some and realized they are the perfect recruiting machine for Elite Dawgs

It's been going on for some time now and people are finally seeing the light. Once a new board popped up it was a breath of fresh air and easy to make the jump.

SPS sucks ass and has sucked ass for quite awhile. The ringleader smart assed pricks that are the main guys over there are ****ing horrible and suck ass. It would be a better Internet if that board imploded and faded into the abyss.

TaxmanMSU
07-26-2013, 10:58 AM
The ReBears are definitely obsessed with this board. Sorantable PLs

engie
07-26-2013, 11:15 AM
This board is the ultimate troll to them in all honesty... Letting them read without being able to respond has to be torture...

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-26-2013, 11:20 AM
This board is the ultimate troll to them in all honesty... Letting them read without being able to respond has to be torture...
Not really, they are just talking about it with their good Bulldawg buddy on Nafoom. It's really sad that they place that om ***** on a pedestal...

Coach34
07-26-2013, 01:40 PM

Yeah- that was brought up when we were talking about starting it

Dawgtini
07-26-2013, 01:55 PM
So far, this is the 1st board I click on when I want to check on things. Success.

Ditto. Site is great and the convo is good.
+1

Bamboo
07-26-2013, 02:00 PM
hahahahaaaa. And PizzaBoy6 bans me again.

The Rebs get mad and try to spin it like we're here because we don't want a dissenting opinion. No, we simply don't want a Rebel opinion or any spin. State fans on this board will disagree everyday- and do.

Been reading for about a month now, and finally got my account straight so I can post. This board is HUGELY needed for the MSU fanbase and will hopefully change the mindset or at least the posting styles on other State message boards. Many of you say what I have been screaming for 5 years now! It is awesome to find one place to go to get MSU news from like minded State fans. Now, its all about educating the insecure fans whose self worth has been defined by what the MS Media/UM propaganda has taught them. State fans need to understand that we are in fact the best school in the state. Our graduates earn more money, our sports teams have achieved a much higher level of success and our campus is far and away more beautiful. Where they beat us is with social media and student recruiting. I dealt with it first hand and they do a VERY good job with convincing out of state kids to attend UM over MSU. They always have fine women representing them at job fairs, they post videos of their parties on YouTube that look awesome, and they mislead kids on academic things they can accomplish if they attend. All of it is a facade though. If we just keep our finger on the pulse of what is important both to student and athletic prospects and market toward them, our tangible assets will legitimately set us apart. I have already started one small thing that is helping our recruiting but there is a lot more we can do!

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-26-2013, 04:22 PM
I say yall ride over to 6pack and pull a number 6 on 'em.

MarketingBully01
07-27-2013, 04:54 PM
I am just glad I don't have to see replies from Ole Miss posters. You don't see Alabama posters on Auburn boards and vice versa. Six Pack Speak had to be one of the only boards I have ever seen that had almost a 50/50 split of Ole Miss posters and MSU fans and some of the MSU fans there seemed to be Ole Miss apologists. I just didn't care for it.