PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Bryant

Dawg61
10-17-2015, 04:03 PM
Good lord he looks like a STUD!! Call me stupid fine but I really want to see what Ashton Shumpert and Brandon Bryant looks like as a double safety look. Shump has to be moved to either FB or safety like yesterday. Decide which one Mullen. I am leaning towards safety. Shump can knock the shit out of some people and I think having Bryant back there will protect Shump from misreads somewhat.

Leroy Jenkins
10-17-2015, 04:22 PM
Was it Bryant that got roasted on the 1st TD?

Dawg61
10-17-2015, 04:23 PM

No that was Manny's pregame approach

RC3
10-17-2015, 04:30 PM
Bryant got worked the first two drives. Played well after that

Dawg61
10-17-2015, 04:37 PM
Bryant got worked the first two drives. Played well after that

He's the safety. Every pass but one was in front of the safety and dbs. That's not getting worked that's soft playcalling.

Saltydog
10-17-2015, 04:45 PM
IF he's going to play another position it should be OLB. Put on another 10-15 lbs and it's the best position for him.

Liverpooldawg
10-17-2015, 04:58 PM
Shump isn't a SEC safety. He needs to be an outside linebacker.

msstate7
10-17-2015, 05:02 PM
Shump has been an offensive player his whole college career. His strengths are blocking and receiving. I say put about 20 lbs on him and let him play te

Pinto
10-17-2015, 05:15 PM
I like the idea aid earlier of putting Bryant at return.

ShotgunDawg
10-17-2015, 05:18 PM
I like the idea aid earlier of putting Bryant at return.

It wouldn't mess with it.

Ross has done a great job lately. No sense in putting that in jeopardy for marginal hope

DudyDawg
10-17-2015, 05:24 PM
God cant we compliment someone without starting a shump bullshit thread. If we are moving a running back to safety we are in trouble (kinda like moving a tight end to tackle)

the59dawg
10-17-2015, 05:59 PM
Nope it was Redmond on the 1st TD and Redmond's man that he lost touch with that was the second.

DudyDawg
10-17-2015, 06:05 PM
Nope it was Redmond on the 1st TD and Redmond's man that he lost touch with that was the second.

Yeah not his best game. Glad it was LA tech tho

tcdog70
10-17-2015, 06:11 PM
Shump has been an offensive player his whole college career. His strengths are blocking and receiving. I say put about 20 lbs on him and let him play te

How about let the Coaches figure out where to play Him. After you dogged out Walley today , your opinion is shit.

Bothrops
10-17-2015, 07:14 PM
I was high as a kite on Bryant 2 years ago when I watched his hs video, over and over. This kid was embarrassingly overlooked by the recruiting tools. It worked out for us.

msstate7
10-17-2015, 07:25 PM
How about let the Coaches figure out where to play Him. After you dogged out Walley today , your opinion is shit.
If walley wants to be a te, he should man up and make the tough catches and not fumble when he does. Walley deserves criticism at this point and I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings

Homedawg
10-17-2015, 07:25 PM

No it was Redmond in man free.

Homedawg
10-17-2015, 07:26 PM
If walley wants to be a te, he should man up and make the tough catches and not fumble when he does. Walley deserves criticism at this point and I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings

He got hit w a helmet and has another concussion. Wise comment.

msstate7
10-17-2015, 07:28 PM
He got hit w a helmet and has another concussion. Wise comment.

What about the auburn fumble? What about the missed catch before? Te's are gonna take punishment, no?

Homedawg
10-17-2015, 07:30 PM
When they get hung out to dry- yea. The auburn fumble you have a beef. Other than that, you have no point. He has a history of concussions who knows his status. Either way, it sure looks easy from your recliner!

Dawgcentral
10-17-2015, 07:33 PM
Walley took two mean shots today. He might be a little lanky for a TE, but he's made plenty of clutch catches also. I'd be hesitant at this point to be too critical.

msstate7
10-17-2015, 07:34 PM
When they get hung out to dry- yea. The auburn fumble you have a beef. Other than that, you have no point. He has a history of concussions who knows his status. Either way, it sure looks easy from your recliner!

If Dak gets criticized, walley isn't above it either. In the auburn game, walley fumbled another ball but out of bounds. Makes you wonder if he has small or weak hands

IMissJack
10-17-2015, 07:45 PM
When BB returned the pick six, I told my son he must have played running back at some point, because he switched hands flawlessly during the return.

tireddawg
10-17-2015, 07:55 PM

I agree Walley needs to toughen up & catch the damn ball. Even my 11 year old boys made that comment.

Dawg61
10-17-2015, 08:17 PM
I agree Walley needs to toughen up & catch the damn ball. Even my 11 year old boys made that comment.

True but toughness has nothing to do with getting a concussion and that's why they are so dangerous. Some of yall think its a toughness thing. You couldn't be more wrong. Would you question him if he got knocked out? Justin Morneau wasn't right for three years after he got kneed in the head. It didn't look like much at the time but it destroyed his career basically. Same thing with Mike Matheny. Different sport but it doesn't matter. Many players have been forced to retire from getting a concussion. Gus Walley got a concussion. Would you think he was tougher if he got stabbed on the field? Same difference. Ignorant shit spewing right now.

ScoobaDawg
10-17-2015, 08:32 PM

Really? You want to call out a player who had the shit knocked out of him due to where Dak put the ball?
You need to have a sledgehammer upside your damn skull a few times to understand and then we will see who needs "to man up"
Everyone needs to see this stupid shit. You should take the night off and cool down if you want to keep calling out a player who is giving his all.

msstate7
10-17-2015, 08:41 PM
Really? You want to call out a player who had the shit knocked out of him due to where Dak put the ball?
You need to have a sledgehammer upside your damn skull a few times to understand and then we will see who needs "to man up"
Everyone needs to see this stupid shit. You should take the night off and cool down if you want to keep calling out a player who is giving his all.

Tell me why Shump can get called out every 10 seconds for "giving his all" and it not being good enough, but not walley? Again, if Dak isn't above criticism, neither is walley. Walley on his last 4 touches go like this...

Fumble on 4th down catch against auburn

Catch at auburn and fumble, but out of bounds.

Dak hung him out today, but ball was catchable... Both hands on ball

Dak hung him out again, but it was catchable again... Both hands on ball

I have no problem with walley, but he isn't being effective. Hutch was much better today... Mostly blocking. Walley isn't a good blocker. I hope walley gets healthy, but I'd rather he sit on bench by Shump. If that's crossing a line, ban me bc that's how I feel.

Dawg61
10-17-2015, 09:23 PM
Tell me why Shump can get called out every 10 seconds for "giving his all" and it not being good enough, but not walley? Again, if Dak isn't above criticism, neither is walley. Walley on his last 4 touches go like this...

Fumble on 4th down catch against auburn

Catch at auburn and fumble, but out of bounds.

Dak hung him out today, but ball was catchable... Both hands on ball

Dak hung him out again, but it was catchable again... Both hands on ball

I have no problem with walley, but he isn't being effective. Hutch was much better today... Mostly blocking. Walley isn't a good blocker. I hope walley gets healthy, but I'd rather he sit on bench by Shump. If that's crossing a line, ban me bc that's how I feel.

Do you understand what a concussion is? Coaches thinking like you are the reason there's a concussion protocol in the NFL now.

msstate7
10-17-2015, 09:29 PM
Do you understand what a concussion is? Coaches thinking like you are the reason there's a concussion protocol in the NFL now.

This is why I included his previous 2 touches at auburn. Had it been the 2 plays today with no problems previously of holding onto thr ball, I'd overlook it. Walley's only value to our football team is receiving. He's a liability blocking. If he can't hold onto the ball, he has no value at all. I don't know why you guys are making this personal with walley. I like the kid. I like Shump too, but neither are helping us win right now. If we wanna pass heavy, use Justin Johnson. If we wanna run, use hutch

Dawg61
10-17-2015, 09:41 PM
This is why I included his previous 2 touches at auburn. Had it been the 2 plays today with no problems previously of holding onto thr ball, I'd overlook it. Walley's only value to our football team is receiving. He's a liability blocking. If he can't hold onto the ball, he has no value at all. I don't know why you guys are making this personal with walley. I like the kid. I like Shump too, but neither are helping us win right now. If we wanna pass heavy, use Justin Johnson. If we wanna run, use hutch

Because you don't critique a player on a play that resulted in him getting a concussion much like you don't critique Treadwell last year vs Auburn for fumbling the ball when his ankle got dislocated/broken. That's called a get out of jail free card. Your argument would have more credit if you bring it up during plays that Walley doesn't suffer a serious injury on.

msstate7
10-17-2015, 09:53 PM
Because you don't critique a player on a play that resulted in him getting a concussion much like you don't critique Treadwell last year vs Auburn for fumbling the ball when his ankle got dislocated/broken. That's called a get out of jail free card. Your argument would have more credit if you bring it up during plays that Walley doesn't suffer a serious injury on.

On 3 of the 4 plays I listed, he didn't get a concussion.

Dawg61
10-17-2015, 09:59 PM
On 3 of the 4 plays I listed, he didn't get a concussion.

Lol doesn't matter. Walley is still under the get out of jail time period. All bitching about his hands holds zero value during get out of jail time periods. He could have stripped naked and fornicated the football and we couldn't really judge him for that. Know why? Because he had a concussion. Hell a good lawyer could get him out of murder while he's "concused".

tireddawg
10-17-2015, 10:29 PM
True but toughness has nothing to do with getting a concussion and that's why they are so dangerous. Some of yall think its a toughness thing. You couldn't be more wrong. Would you question him if he got knocked out? Justin Morneau wasn't right for three years after he got kneed in the head. It didn't look like much at the time but it destroyed his career basically. Same thing with Mike Matheny. Different sport but it doesn't matter. Many players have been forced to retire from getting a concussion. Gus Walley got a concussion. Would you think he was tougher if he got stabbed on the field? Same difference. Ignorant shit spewing right now.

The concussion came after the hit, obviously. He's gonna take that hit anyway. The old saying goes, your gonna get hit whether you catch it or not, might as well catch it. And I'm not saying he's not tough because he got a concussion, I've had 6 of them. They're not fun. I'm speaking more mentally tough, look the ball in & catch it. The hit's coming regardless.

tcdog70
10-17-2015, 10:32 PM
How stupid are you to even question someones toughness when they don't catch either of the two passesWalley failed to hold on to. He was defenseless and exposed and on one received a concussion. Undoubtably you have never had the **** knocked out of you while catching a pass?
Very few running backs or receivers are going to go the whole year and not drop a pass or fumble.yep, Walley should not have dropped the pass against Auburn but the 2 passes today deserve no criticism .

msstate7
10-17-2015, 10:42 PM
How stupid are you to even question someones toughness when they don't catch either of the two passesWalley failed to hold on to. He was defenseless and exposed and on one received a concussion. Undoubtably you have never had the **** knocked out of you while catching a pass?
Very few running backs or receivers are going to go the whole year and not drop a pass or fumble.yep, Walley should not have dropped the pass against Auburn but the 2 passes today deserve no criticism .

Fine. Take those 2 plays out of the equation and I still think hutch/Johnson is the better combination at te. Walley's body obviously isn't made to hold up at this level. I hope he comes back and is an all sec te for us just like I hope the same for Shump. I just really don't think either are good players at this level.

HSVDawg
10-17-2015, 11:53 PM
Yeah not his best game. Glad it was LA tech tho

His worst game since the Egg Bowl. Hopefully he doesn't repeat it.

JohnnyQuid
10-18-2015, 02:05 AM
it looked to me like dak put too much air under the first ball and got walley hammered. the 2nd looked like helmet to helmet from the angle they barely showed. not many guys in CFB hang on to either of those balls.