PDA

View Full Version : Identity of our team....

HoopsDawg
10-17-2015, 03:00 PM
1. Solid special teams (never thought I would say that)

2. Aggressive D that is good against the run. We give up passing yards, but create negative plays.

3. #PTGDF on offense. It's all about Dak. He is really playing at a high level. And we got a little more creative in the run game today which needs to continue. Just got to get Aeris and Lee to hold on to the ball.

msstate7
10-17-2015, 03:03 PM
Holloway got too many carries, but I do like him getting some catches. Really hope we're about to turn the rb position over to Williams and Lee with Shump in obvious passing situations

Bubb Rubb
10-17-2015, 03:04 PM
We are also soft on defense early. We gotta stop digging holes for ourselves early in games. We can overcome that against Tech, but it was the reason we lost against A&M and it will hurt us down the road if we don't clean it up.

Diaz is pretty good at making adjustments and taking away what works, but we've got to get better at gameplanning and getting stops from the opening kick.

HoopsDawg
10-17-2015, 03:13 PM
We are also soft on defense early. We gotta stop digging holes for ourselves early in games. We can overcome that against Tech, but it was the reason we lost against A&M and it will hurt us down the road if we don't clean it up.

Diaz is pretty good at making adjustments and taking away what works, but we've got to get better at gameplanning and getting stops from the opening kick.

We came out attacking this game. Just got beat on some nice throw and catches by La Tech in 1st Q.

Bubb Rubb
10-17-2015, 03:19 PM
We came out attacking this game. Just got beat on some nice throw and catches by La Tech in 1st Q.

It's not about coming out attacking...it's about having a good gameplan from the opening snap. Falling behind early is a disturbing trend for this team.

Coach34
10-17-2015, 03:35 PM
It's not about coming out attacking...it's about having a good gameplan from the opening snap. Falling behind early is a disturbing trend for this team.

Bubb- you and I had words years ago- but you are a very good football poster. Absolutely. Why we struggle so badly the first few drives is extremely disturbing