PDA

View Full Version : To those who said Memphis wouldn't beat OM..told ya

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-17-2015, 02:34 PM

BrunswickDawg
10-17-2015, 02:39 PM
Here's to those who said we wouldn't cover - turn in your fan cards bitches!

Bubb Rubb
10-17-2015, 02:44 PM
Memphis is good, but Mississippi should've beaten them. They have more talent. We would beat Memphis, I'm pretty confident in saying.

Just a bad loss for the Bears. And now they have to go through the gauntlet. I would not be surprised if Freeze loses this team. That was some truly shittastic playcalling today.

ckDOG
10-17-2015, 02:48 PM

Happy To be wrong. Figured that offense would have shredded memphis D. Ole Miss o line is a steaming pile of garbage.

Fuente and that QB are getting PAID next year

Coach34
10-17-2015, 02:57 PM
I didnt think Memphis could play enough D- great win for them today

Dawgface
10-17-2015, 03:07 PM
Why do ppl have to play the 'I told you so card'? No one cares........

State82
10-17-2015, 03:11 PM
Why do ppl have to play the 'I told you so card'? No one cares........

Yes. Waste of good thread space.

DownwardDawg
10-17-2015, 03:34 PM
Miss was totally outmatched today. It should have been a 24 point beatdown, maybe worse.

RougeDawg
10-17-2015, 03:41 PM
Memphis is good, but Mississippi should've beaten them. They have more talent. We would beat Memphis, I'm pretty confident in saying.

Just a bad loss for the Bears. And now they have to go through the gauntlet. I would not be surprised if Freeze loses this team. That was some truly shittastic playcalling today.

Trying to wrap my brain around where you are coming from. The Bears virtually didn't even get off the bus in Gainesville. Vandy F*ckups allowed the Bears to squeak out a win in that one. Was 20-16 OM middle of the 4th, driving to take the lead. The ball had a crazy tip right to the bears and they tacked on a TD with 6 to play and sealed it. Bama spotted them 24 points with +5 torunovers and 4 short fields. Two of which were inside the Bama 20.

Memphis was the better team and has a decent team. OM has looked average at best, against teams with pulses, and could have easily lost to the worst team in the SEC at home. So I will ask, what about their season, other than the talking heads slobbering over a recruiting class, has OM done or shown that suggests that they are a great team? They may not get to 7 wins at this point. Auburn and possibly Ark are their best chances for W's from here on out.

Bubb Rubb
10-17-2015, 03:44 PM
Trying to wrap my brain around where you are coming from. The Bears virtually didn't even get off the bus in Gainesville. Vandy F*ckups allowed the Bears to squeak out a win in that one. Was 20-16 OM middle of the 4th, driving to take the lead. The ball had a crazy tip right to the bears and they tacked on a TD with 6 to play and sealed it. Bama spotted them 24 points with +5 torunovers and 4 short fields. Two of which were inside the Bama 20.

Memphis was the better team and has a decent team. OM has looked average at best, against teams with pulses, and could have easily lost to the worst team in the SEC at home. So I will ask, what about their season, other than the talking heads slobbering over a recruiting class, has OM done or shown that suggests that they are a great team? They may not get to 7 wins at this point. Auburn and possibly Ark are their best chances for W's from here on out.

Nowhere in my post did I say that the Bears were great. I said they should beat Memphis, and they should. 12 out of 14 teams in the SEC should beat Memphis. The Tigers are very good - but they don't have the overall talent that Ole Miss has. That doesn't mean Ole Miss is a great team.

Liverpooldawg
10-17-2015, 03:45 PM
Hats off to those that predicted this. I had watched one Memphis game and I didn't think they had the D to do it. Glad they did!

DownwardDawg
10-17-2015, 03:45 PM

^^^This^^^^ x 1,000!!!!

Watching them beat Bama, I thought they were a mid pack SEC team. Then I watched them play VU and UF and I KNEW they were not a very good team at all. They are very fortunate to get out of memphis just losing by 13. They gave Memphis a good game. That's about all they could have realistically asked for.

RougeDawg
10-17-2015, 03:46 PM
I didnt think Memphis could play enough D- great win for them today

You just have to play disciplined, stay-at-home defense and you can stop Bucky's gimmicks. The way Bucky beats you is with the motions, play actions, multiple fakes and misdirection. Memphis stayed at home and didn't allow the direction changes to get themselves out of position and allow the speed guys the edges. Florida did this as well. Oh and Florida and Memphis didn't hand them TO's and spot them 3+ TDs in the game. That makes a huge difference.

That's what scares me about us playing them. LaTech did some of that to us today and our DE's were crashing down and it allowed Driskel to get the edge and find open WR's early in the game. If teams play OM with disciplined defense they will have every opportunity to win the game.

RougeDawg
10-17-2015, 03:51 PM
Nowhere in my post did I say that the Bears were great. I said they should beat Memphis, and they should. 12 out of 14 teams in the SEC should beat Memphis. The Tigers are very good - but they don't have the overall talent that Ole Miss has. That doesn't mean Ole Miss is a great team.

What talent gap do you speak of? Are you falling into the "Crootin Class" trap that the media clowns are? The remaining portion of those crootin classes are a fragment of what they were on their respective signing days. Those classes were top heavy talent wise, so everyone not tuned in, assumes the bottom portions were extremely talented. This is as far from the truth as it could be. Plus they have had a good deal of attrition from those talented classes, plus a handful of those players who were the reason for the high class ranking, weren't even on the field today and much of this season.

Memphis had 10-14 points erased by penalties in the 1st half. OM could easily be 3-4 right now. They should be 4-3, with a loss to Bama. The wins coming against Vandy, Fresno, UTMatrin and NM State. Nothing spells anything but average team about OM. Memphis is above average this year. Praxton Lynch makes them an upper echelon team this year, much like Dak made us an upper tier team last year. That dude can play and makes his WR's around him look good. He was throwing them open and putting it where only they could catch the ball. He will play at the next level one day. Memphis may run the table if he stays healthy. They do have Houston and Temple on remaining schedule, but a QB of his caliber means a lot at this level.

Bubb Rubb
10-17-2015, 03:58 PM
What talent gap do you speak of? Are you falling into the "Crootin Class" trap that the media clowns are? The remaining portion of those crootin classes are a fragment of what they were on their respective signing days. Those classes were top heavy talent wise, so everyone not tuned in, assumes the bottom portions were extremely talented. This is as far from the truth as it could be. Plus they have had a good deal of attrition from those talented classes, plus a handful of those players who were the reason for the high class ranking, weren't even on the field today and much of this season.

Memphis had 10-14 points erased by penalties in the 1st half. OM could easily be 3-4 right now. They should be 4-3, with a loss to Bama. The wins coming against Vandy, Fresno, UTMatrin and NM State. Nothing spells anything but average team about OM. Memphis is above average this year. Praxton Lynch makes them an upper echelon team this year, much like Dak made us an upper tier team last year. That dude can play and makes his WR's around him look good. He was throwing them open and putting it where only they could catch the ball. He will play at the next level one day. Memphis may run the table if he stays healthy. They do have Houston and Temple on remaining schedule, but a QB of his caliber means a lot at this level.

I don't know what your beef is with me....I don't disagree with you about Ole Miss. I do think you guys are overvaluing Memphis way too much. Besides Ole Miss, Louisiana Tech would probably be the best team on their schedule. Who have they beaten (besides Ole Miss) that will make anyone believe they are a top 20 team? Cincinnati? Bowling Green?

My overall point is that Memphis is good, but Ole Miss should have beaten them today. Most teams in the SEC would beat Memphis. That Ole Miss loss is indicative of a potential dumpster fire coming.

DownwardDawg
10-17-2015, 04:03 PM
I don't know what your beef is with me....I don't disagree with you about Ole Miss. I do think you guys are overvaluing Memphis way too much. Besides Ole Miss, Louisiana Tech would probably be the best team on their schedule. Who have they beaten (besides Ole Miss) that will make anyone believe they are a top 20 team? Cincinnati? Bowling Green?

My overall point is that Memphis is good, but Ole Miss should have beaten them today. Most teams in the SEC would beat Memphis. That Ole Miss loss is indicative of a potential dumpster fire coming.

I think you're missing our point. We aren't over valuing Memphis, we are simply stating that they are a better team than ole miss. Ole miss should NOT have beaten them. Clearly, the better team won today. It was the exact game as our game vs La Tech. Once down 14-0, the better team decided to play ball.

Bubb Rubb
10-17-2015, 04:12 PM
I think you're missing our point. We aren't over valuing Memphis, we are simply stating that they are a better team than ole miss. Ole miss should NOT have beaten them. Clearly, the better team won today. It was the exact game as our game vs La Tech. Once down 14-0, the better team decided to play ball.

I'm not missing the point. I'm not acknowledging the point because it's a stupid point.

Ole Miss lost this game today because:

- horrendous playcalling. Not taking what Memphis was giving them defensively. Hitches and slants were open all day.
- very poor decisions - going for it on 4th and 1 in your own territory in a tie game before half.
- poor tackling - Memphis had more YAC than you would expect
- getting cute - letting your star DL get concussed trying to run the ball and losing him for the game
- overall lack of effort - they came out of the gate charging, but then they blew their wad and never rebounded

This game is on the coaches for Ole Miss - they are the reason Memphis won that game. And I'm happy about it. But no rational person truly believes that Memphis has better personnel than Ole Miss. Memphis has a better QB, a better FG kicker, and a better punter, and MAYBE a better RB, and that's about it. Their best WR is a walk on. Their best skill player is a former QB from Olive Branch that none of us looked at. Their whole defensive unit is pretty unspectacular. Memphis had a huge advantage at the position of head coach - and that showed up big time today.

drummerdawg
10-17-2015, 04:40 PM
I had Memphis picked in this game since the summer and I stuck with it.

RougeDawg
10-17-2015, 04:52 PM

No beef with you. Just trying to show you that those recruiting classes that were "Perceived to be so great" and caused many to think OM has all this talent. Those classes were extremely top heavy with talent. The bottom of those classes were not all that much better than what any other team signs. Add on top that they have lost a good majority of these players to attrition, injury, etc, and the "real" talent is much less than the "perceived" talent.

Not faulting you for falling into the trap because that's all they have talked about for 3 years now. Those crootin classes and people assume that all those players were actually on the field and even roster today. That simply isn't true. Not attacking you, just explaining why a large group of us thought Memphis would win today.

RougeDawg
10-17-2015, 04:58 PM
I'm not missing the point. I'm not acknowledging the point because it's a stupid point.

Ole Miss lost this game today because:

- horrendous playcalling. Not taking what Memphis was giving them defensively. Hitches and slants were open all day.
- very poor decisions - going for it on 4th and 1 in your own territory in a tie game before half.
- poor tackling - Memphis had more YAC than you would expect
- getting cute - letting your star DL get concussed trying to run the ball and losing him for the game
- overall lack of effort - they came out of the gate charging, but then they blew their wad and never rebounded

This game is on the coaches for Ole Miss - they are the reason Memphis won that game. And I'm happy about it. But no rational person truly believes that Memphis has better personnel than Ole Miss. Memphis has a better QB, a better FG kicker, and a better punter, and MAYBE a better RB, and that's about it. Their best WR is a walk on. Their best skill player is a former QB from Olive Branch that none of us looked at. Their whole defensive unit is pretty unspectacular. Memphis had a huge advantage at the position of head coach - and that showed up big time today.

LSU, Auburn, and A&M all had better "talent" than we did last year, but we were simply the better team. We had elite play at QB and he made our team better. You said who was the better team and we said Memphis. But the talent on paper you speak of has been run through a shredder multiple times. Someone did an updated recruiting class ranking this year for their classes and they ranked lower than ours over the same time frame. Cant remember who compiled the list of players still on their roster from the last 3 classes but pretty sure they ranked outside of the top 30 as of 2015 roter.

DownwardDawg
10-17-2015, 05:21 PM
The better team won., It's really pretty simple.

Statecoachingblows**
10-17-2015, 06:12 PM
Overhype then underperform. Memphis put forth a TEAM effort and won the game. One thing as a former Memphian that was nice was seeing that place full and not just because of the klansmen. Any time they lose and we win its a damn good day! HAILSTATE AND CHEERS