PDA

View Full Version : First time visitor to Mississippi State

dburr
10-16-2015, 07:33 PM
Hey guys,

So I'm a BYU fan visiting Mississippi for the first time working at an emergency room for a couple of weeks. I'm very excited to attend your game tomorrow. I was wondering about parking. Is parking free or should I go to an ATM and get out some cash? Thanks for any help you can provide. We Cougar fans are looking forward to your visit to Provo next year. Best of luck tomorrow.

BulldogBacker
10-16-2015, 07:38 PM
Hey guys,

So I'm a BYU fan visiting Mississippi for the first time working at an emergency room for a couple of weeks. I'm very excited to attend your game tomorrow. I was wondering about parking. Is parking free or should I go to an ATM and get out some cash? Thanks for any help you can provide. We Cougar fans are looking forward to your visit to Provo next year. Best of luck tomorrow.

Most parking on campus is $20.00. You can park a distance away. The last time we were in Provo, playing BYU, I was in the endzone with my cousin, and we dismantled BYU. The following year, a year that will live in infamy, the officials BYU brought in were a 12th man on the field. Welcome to Starkville, but you will hear a lot about the "jobbing" we got when BYU visited us the next year.

PassInterference
10-16-2015, 07:40 PM
By all means, check out Little Dooey. Maybe not on gameday though. Will be a line down the street.

The Little Dooey has great food and is a cultural icon.

Dawgbite
10-16-2015, 07:40 PM
Depends on where you park. On campus parking is $20 for public parking or requires a season parking pass. There are several places downtown that provide free shuttle service. I have never used these but somebody will chime in with more info about that. Welcome to The People's University.

dburr
10-16-2015, 07:45 PM
Thanks for your help. I remember both of those games. I think we were in the Top 10 in the game at Starkville. Our best player, Luke Staley, broke his leg in that game and we never recovered. You guys absolutely crushed us in Provo. I can't remember who your corner was, but he was amazing.

starkvegasdawg
10-16-2015, 07:58 PM
You can park at the Statkville Daily News and catch a shuttle for free. Try Oby's, too. Again, tomorrow might not be your best bet.

mstatefan91
10-16-2015, 08:35 PM
Welcome to Starkville! Hope you enjoy your experience tomorrow.

Here is a link to a map of places to park on gameday. May or may not be helpful

http://www.fanguide.msstate.edu/parking/map.php#

dburr
10-16-2015, 08:40 PM
Welcome to Starkville! Hope you enjoy your experience tomorrow.

Here is a link to a map of places to park on gameday. May or may not be helpful

http://www.fanguide.msstate.edu/parking/map.php#

Thanks. Looks like you're a Liverpool fan. Nice! Me too. Have to beat Tottenham tomorrow.

mstatefan91
10-16-2015, 09:13 PM
Thanks. Looks like you're a Liverpool fan. Nice! Me too. Have to beat Tottenham tomorrow.

Just glad that I don't have to hear Rodgers talk about 'character' after every single draw/loss anymore...

Dallas_Dawg
10-16-2015, 09:51 PM
Yeah Dicenzo Miller broke about 12 tackles on a run into the end zone in Provo. That next year, we got absolutely cheated by the referees. Jackie Sherrill even bitched about them after the game.
So my Dad used to say when we played y'all, that BYU fans bring two things to a football game, the 10 commandments and a 10 dollar bill and don't break either one of them.'
Not sure who he stole that one from but always remembered it

Liverpooldawg
10-16-2015, 10:27 PM
I can't wait to see what team Klopp trots out. With the injuries there isn't as much suspense at it could be though.

ScoobaDawg
10-17-2015, 10:33 AM
Thanks for your help. I remember both of those games. I think we were in the Top 10 in the game at Starkville. Our best player, Luke Staley, broke his leg in that game and we never recovered. You guys absolutely crushed us in Provo. I can't remember who your corner was, but he was amazing.

Yea... we can remain civil as long as you never try to discuss the BYU game in Starkville. Bunch of classless band wagon fans made that trip... and I don't just mean the refs.