PDA

View Full Version : Stats to support the "party school/town" image

notsofarawaydawg
10-16-2015, 11:37 AM
There is a paper that comes out each Thursday showing arrests in counties in North Mississippi. One of these counties is Lafayette County. A quick statistical review of the arrests from Sept 14 through Sept. 27 shows the following.

212 total arrests

167 of those were alcohol or drug related. The majority of these arrests were young white people.

The previous two weeks showed similar stats.

Taog Redloh
10-16-2015, 11:50 AM
Never understood why some of our fans were insecure about their party image. Who wants that anyway? You can find a party at any college, there is no patent on it. All you need is people and booze. Stanford and many others are doing just fine without being party schools.

defiantdog
10-16-2015, 12:12 PM
Never understood why some of our fans were insecure about their party image. Who wants that anyway? You can find a party at any college, there is no patent on it. All you need is people and booze. Stanford and many others are doing just fine without being party schools.

Dude, Stanford parties..... look at their mascot -----> https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/usp-ncaa-football_-southern-california-at-stanford.jpg?w=1000&h=744

BrunswickDawg
10-16-2015, 12:24 PM
Plenty of parties Vegas when all we had was Cheers, Mulligans, and the Cotton District or drive to The Landing or The Club. My GPA from 1991-1993 is proof.

defiantdog
10-16-2015, 12:32 PM
Plenty of parties Vegas when all we had was Cheers, Mulligans, and the Cotton District or drive to The Landing or The Club. My GPA from 1991-1993 is proof.

I can't even remember how many times I got hammered drunk at Flo & Eddies

mstatefan91
10-16-2015, 12:49 PM
You can party without having to get arrested. The folks in Oxford never got that memo.

Coach34
10-16-2015, 12:52 PM
They thrive on it- getting a DUI gets you 3 hours credit

TopDog58
10-16-2015, 01:02 PM
You can party without having to get arrested. The folks in Oxford never got that memo.

Well, we've had several on here excuse arrests and behavior like that as no big deal. Which I don't understand at all. I'm 40+ and made it thru my college years and counting without ever being arrested. So, no it's not the norm and shouldn't be an excuse for bad behavior by an athlete or any college student. I know i'll be pretty damn pissed if one of my kids is ever arrested no matter how petty it may me. There are many more people that can drink and behave themselves well enough to never get a DUI or a public drunk arrest than the ones that do make the rap sheet. So for me that whole "kid being a kid" excuse doesn't fly.

mstatefan91
10-16-2015, 01:19 PM
Well, we've had several on here excuse arrests and behavior like that as no big deal. Which I don't understand at all. I'm 40+ and made it thru my college years and counting without ever being arrested. So, no it's not the norm and shouldn't be an excuse for bad behavior by an athlete or any college student. I know i'll be pretty damn pissed if one of my kids is ever arrested no matter how petty it may me. There are many more people that can drink and behave themselves well enough to never get a DUI or a public drunk arrest than the ones that do make the rap sheet. So for me that whole "kid being a kid" excuse doesn't fly.

If you had the money to buy all the booze and go to the bars then you had enough money to call a taxi if no friends were sober.. It isn't complicated at all.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-16-2015, 01:25 PM
If you had the money to buy all the booze and go to the bars then you had enough money to call a taxi if no friends were sober.. It isn't complicated at all.

And cabs in Starkville will take you anywhere for $5 a ride.

DownwardDawg
10-16-2015, 01:56 PM

Dude, we went to State together. 91-93

BrunswickDawg
10-16-2015, 02:05 PM
Dude, we went to State together. 91-93
Great. I'll buy you a beer at Classix and we can try to get them to turn on the disco mothership that hung over the dance floor.

Taog Redloh
10-16-2015, 02:52 PM
It's really worse nowadays. Social media makes everything permanent.

MSUDawg99
10-16-2015, 04:48 PM
Great. I'll buy you a beer at Classix and we can try to get them to turn on the disco mothership that hung over the dance floor.

I was there right behind yall 94 - 99

DownwardDawg
10-16-2015, 05:35 PM

LMAO!!!! Sounds great!!!

archdog
10-16-2015, 06:13 PM
And you get to meet potential coworkers throughout the dui process.

Mutt the Hoople
10-16-2015, 06:16 PM
Agreed. Last year, my son went to Hinds, and there were some parties there that were rippin'.

Dawgcentral
10-16-2015, 08:08 PM
No cold beer in Starkville when I attended, except for some draft at a couple of places. Ice sales easily made the difference,..that and waiting on the Coors truck which always shipped the beer cold.

There's always a party. Kids find a way.

starkvegasdawg
10-16-2015, 08:13 PM
No cold beer in Starkville when I attended, except for some draft at a couple of places. Ice sales easily made the difference,..that and waiting on the Coors truck which always shipped the beer cold.

There's always a party. Kids find a way.
Learning how to spin a beer was the first thing I learned. I was here in 92 and then 94-98. Yes, only one degree. I was really good at spinning beers.

BrunswickDawg
10-16-2015, 08:23 PM
Learning how to spin a beer was the first thing I learned. I was here in 92 and then 94-98. Yes, only one degree. I was really good at spinning beers.
I was just about to mention beer spinning. I could get one cold in the trip from Sack n Save back to fraternity row.

I was always told that you haven't lived until you closed down the Bully III then headed to Mack's for a little after hours entertainment, then an early morning meal at Allgoods to top it off.

DownwardDawg
10-16-2015, 09:24 PM

4 minutes

SheltonChoked
10-16-2015, 10:00 PM
Hey I was at school then too!

BrunswickDawg
10-16-2015, 10:19 PM
Hey I was at school then too!
Shelton, is Monday night still laundry night at Little London?