PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Cooking and Drinking Thread: Tech Dog Edition

BeastMan
10-16-2015, 09:54 AM
We have a battle of bulldogs this weekend gents. The 11am kickoff paired with a lot to do at work this weekend has me staying in town. Not sure what food the weekend has in store but we shall see...

BeardoMSU
10-16-2015, 03:54 PM
I've done a little bit of baking, but nothing too serious. For our tailgate I'm gonna try my hand at making croissants from scratch. I've got the dough started in the fridge, and the butter rolled out into a sheet. Hopefully I can get them rolled together tonight, so I can bake them first thing when I wake up.

BrunswickDawg
10-16-2015, 08:07 PM
Late day, prepping to work a fundraiser golf tourney tommorrow - marching band is playing at the Sugar Bowl this year, and with 2 kids marching, I need all the credits I can get.

Took my bride out to our new favorite farm to table - main course was a local deviled crab over purple sweet potatoes. Picking up some fresh GA shrimp tommorrow for blackened shrimp tortellini alfredo.

BeastMan
10-17-2015, 09:23 AM
I've done a little bit of baking, but nothing too serious. For our tailgate I'm gonna try my hand at making croissants from scratch. I've got the dough started in the fridge, and the butter rolled out into a sheet. Hopefully I can get them rolled together tonight, so I can bake them first thing when I wake up.

I've done a bunch of bread baking in my life but I have never attempted croissants. Tell us how that goes. I've always thought that to be fairly difficult.

BeastMan
10-17-2015, 06:58 PM
My store got a shipment of handles of Charter. It's hard to come by and it's my mixing whiskey of choice. If you're in the metro area, PM my and I'll tell you where to grab one.

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc473/stoms31/Mobile%20Uploads/CFD45E1A-92CA-4EC3-91F9-39A1BD273BF8_zpsrokhjtsn.jpg

BeastMan
10-17-2015, 07:00 PM
Dinner I didn't feel like doing much so I grabbed a sirloin and fired up the grill. Raided the pantry for one of the quick rice sides. I'm being lazy tonight.

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc473/stoms31/Mobile%20Uploads/484EB9BF-D991-4E80-9989-559B5C669F84_zpslghohq4s.jpg

BeardoMSU
10-17-2015, 09:44 PM
I've done a bunch of bread baking in my life but I have never attempted croissants. Tell us how that goes. I've always thought that to be fairly difficult.

Yeah, I've made some bread and pizza dough in the past.

It actually turned out really well. It was super flaky and buttery. It is an extremely labor intensive process though.....it's rewarding, but all the folding of the layers, rolling of the dough and butter is tough.

State82
10-17-2015, 09:53 PM
I decided to do the old bacon wrapped cream cheese/jalape?o recipe I use with duck breasts on chicken breasts. Got them a tad bit too done but they were still tasty with the rum/cola. The double win today on the gridiron made it even better.