View Full Version : MSU questions w/Cadaver: week 7

BeastMan
10-16-2015, 09:38 AM
Back in its newest installment

http://3rdand57.com/key-msu-questions-other-bulldogs-week/

We also spanned the SEC

http://3rdand57.com/around-the-sec-week-7/

Here are the 6 MSU questions for this week:

1) We?re 6 games into the season and the Offensive Line play and running game is officially a mess. John Hevesy is listed as the Offensive Line Coach and Run Game Coordinator. John has done a really good job developing talent during his tenure here so I don?t think it?s time to pile on him for one off year. However, what can he do this year to try to help turn around our OL play and run game? What do you think this year has taught him, and what will it change in his approach in the years to come?

2) Recruiting has started somewhat slow this year for the Dawgs, but we are expecting a pretty strong finish. That being said, who do you see as the most important recruits on each side of the ball for us to land and what do you see as our top 2 positions of ?need? at the current time?

3) With 2 losses on the season already, most MSU fans are looking ahead in the schedule to try to predict where we?ll end up in the win column. Typically I look toward the home games first but this year the remaining home games include our two toughest opponents in Alabama and Ole Miss. Our road games include toss ups at Missouri and Arkansas. Both are tough places to win. Looking at those 4 toughest remaining games, list them in order of most likely to win for MSU. And why?

1) MSU?s offense is thought to be less potent than last year but actually averages 6.69 yards per play vs 6.67 last year. Does that give you any hope if OL can put it together in the 2nd half of the season that the offense can reach another level?

2) Fred Ross is tied for the lead in the SEC with 35 receptions. How important has his development been to this offense and can he continue to take enough pressure of Bear Wilson to keep the passing game ticking?

3) La Tech QB Jeff Driskel is is putting up the best numbers of his career. He?s averaging 302 passing yards per game, 61% completions, and 11 TDs with only 3 INTs. Is he the same Driskel from Florida playing vs lesser competition or are his numbers showing a true turning of the corner? Is the MSU defense a good measuring stick for that determination?

Jack Lambert
10-16-2015, 09:45 AM
Why di Driskel leave Florida in the first place?

Beaver
10-16-2015, 09:47 AM
To answer question 3: Most likely ---> Least Likely
1. At Mizzou - They have a good defense, but their offense is on life support. This will be similar to the Auburn game.
2. At Arky - Their schedule is brutal. They play @ OM and @ LSU before playing us. The game will be close, but I think we'll pull away in the 2nd half.
3. Egg Bowl. -- 60000 yelling at Swag Kelly is going to be a lot of fun no matter what our record is. OM's defense is not great. Kelly is decent, but their offense is inconsistent against good teams. Just have to win the turnover battle.
4. Bama -- We believe? Need to see how they perform against A&M. Their also an inconsistent team so far. Still don't fully trust their offense yet.

BeastMan
10-16-2015, 09:52 AM
1. At Mizzou - They have a good defense, but their offense is on life support. This will be similar to the Auburn game.
2. At Arky - Their schedule is brutal. They play @ OM and @ LSU before playing us. The game will be close, but I think we'll pull away in the 2nd half.
3. Egg Bowl. -- 60000 yelling at Swag Kelly is going to be a lot of fun no matter what our record is. OM's defense is not great. Kelly is decent, but their offense is inconsistent against good teams. Just have to win the turnover battle.
4. Bama -- We believe? Need to see how they perform against A&M. Their also an inconsistent team so far. Still don't fully trust their offense yet.

Our answers are a lot different but that's why I like posing the questions to everyone. Love seeing the differences in views

BeastMan
10-16-2015, 09:52 AM
Why di Driskel leave Florida in the first place?

Grad transfer rule I believe

Jack Lambert
10-16-2015, 10:01 AM
Grad transfer rule I believe

That's how but why?

LC Dawg
10-16-2015, 10:03 AM
When is Walley expected back? I think the fact that teams are having to account for Ross in addition to Wilson will help Walley. He had been catching the ball pretty well before he got hurt and he obviously has a good rapport with Dak.

CadaverDawg
10-16-2015, 01:40 PM
When is Walley expected back? I think the fact that teams are having to account for Ross in addition to Wilson will help Walley. He had been catching the ball pretty well before he got hurt and he obviously has a good rapport with Dak.

Walley should be back this week unless Dan just wants to give him one more week to heal.

CadaverDawg
10-16-2015, 01:46 PM

I'm glad you answered this because I wanted to see how many people would lean a different way when ranking these games. Id like to know a consensus on which game people think is most difficult between @Ark, vs OM, & vs Bama. Maybe I should create a poll for the board. That's a tough one when you look at 3 "rival"-type games, the easier matchup being on the road where we struggle...the better teams being at home. Makes for a much tougher question than I thought when I originally asked BeastMan.

defiantdog
10-16-2015, 01:59 PM
That's how but why?

This would have been his 4th Offensive Coordinator to play under at Florida. He also knew there would be a huge possibility he wouldn't get the starting position, so he moved on so he could at least play his final year.

defiantdog
10-16-2015, 02:07 PM
I'm glad you answered this because I wanted to see how many people would lean a different way when ranking these games. Id like to know a consensus on which game people think is most difficult between @Ark, vs OM, & vs Bama. Maybe I should create a poll for the board. That's a tough one when you look at 3 "rival"-type games, the easier matchup being on the road where we struggle...the better teams being at home. Makes for a much tougher question than I thought when I originally asked BeastMan.

We set up best for Arkansas and Mizzou. If Arkansas can't establish the run, then they force the pass. That's when they really become vulnerable. Mizzou can't seem to find the right personnel to play at the current time.

OM will be a dogfight. I do see some of their big names playing it safe though..... they don't want to get injured prior to the combine.

Bama depends stricktly on Bama. If we play the Bama that played UGA, we may be in trouble. But if we can force Coker into being the turnover machine we've seen before, then we have a chance.

Either way, our guys will need to be at the top of their games for all of these games.

Dawgcentral
10-16-2015, 08:33 PM
I don't see us beating Bama, even at home. The front 7 is just too much to handle.

In the UNM game, we'll have to pressure MGK into making mistakes. Dude has an arm, good receivers, and enough talent to move the ball against just about anyone. But I still feel like his head is full of snakes. Our guys need to want this game more than their guys. Last year we failed to get into the face of a hobbled QB who had the mental stability of a pregnant Illegal climbing a border fence. Let's don't make that mistake this year.