PDA

View Full Version : Basketball ?

BB30
10-16-2015, 08:32 AM
I am more of a casual basketball fan, catch a game when we are playing and watch in March and that is about it. So have a couple of questions for those that watch a lot of college hoops. Do yall think the SEC is improving as a whole. Looking around the league there are several very highly thought of coaches now. Do yall ever see the SEC being one of the better basketball conferences?

drummerdawg
10-16-2015, 08:45 AM
I think it's getting better. The hiring of all these new coaches says a lot about how the conference is wanting to improve in basketball. You can also tell by how well teams are recruiting right now. I think SEC basketball is about to take off and be one of the better basketball conferences.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-16-2015, 08:49 AM
UK of course, Texas A&M are rising, Avery Johnson looks to be bringing talent to Bama, Bruce Pearl is back in full swing, bringing a lot of talent to Auburn, Rick Barnes is at Tennessee, Howland at State. Definitely a great deal of recent improvement that lend to the SEC rising in Basketball power again.

smootness
10-16-2015, 02:29 PM
I think it's getting better. The hiring of all these new coaches says a lot about how the conference is wanting to improve in basketball. You can also tell by how well teams are recruiting right now. I think SEC basketball is about to take off and be one of the better basketball conferences.

Absolutely. Auburn, Alabama, and Mississippi State are starting to bring in legitimate top talent. That about says it all. Add LSU and A&M into that mix and Kentucky being Kentucky, and it's about to get really fun. Florida may take a step back, and Missouri has fallen off a cliff, but it should be up there as one of the top few conferences in the county soon.