PDA

View Full Version : any of you cats watchin' UCLA/Stanford?

TUSK
10-15-2015, 09:46 PM
Glad we passed on Rosen....

godlluB
10-15-2015, 09:55 PM
I just got home and turned it on. Apparently my DVR decided not to record the Kentucky game.

TUSK
10-15-2015, 10:16 PM
I just got home and turned it on. Apparently my DVR decided not to record the Kentucky game.

Short version.... Auburn sucks...

it was like watchin an ignorant country field rat fightin a half sized, yet savvy urban rat over a half eaten chicken leg behind the KFC in Aberdeen, MS...

does anyone really win???

shoeless joe
10-15-2015, 10:22 PM
Stanford's blue collar runnin back is fun to watch*

Liverpooldawg
10-15-2015, 10:40 PM
#5 for Stanford has unreal vision. If the hole is there he is going to find it.

godlluB
10-15-2015, 10:48 PM

it was like watchin an ignorant country field rat fightin a half sized, yet savvy urban rat over a half eaten chicken leg behind the KFC in Aberdeen, MS...

I'm not sure, but I think this might be poetry. I don't have any idea what it means, but I feel like I should make school children memorize it.

TUSK
10-15-2015, 11:10 PM
I'm not sure, but I think this might be poetry. I don't have any idea what it means, but I feel like I should make school children memorize it.

Trust In Tussssk.

somebodyshotmypaw
10-16-2015, 07:14 AM
McCaffrey is a big-time player. Mom played college soccer, dad was All-Pro NFL wideout, uncle played basketball at Duke and Vandy in the 90's. He can flat do it. Wish we had him running the ball for us. No running back on our team is even close to that talented.

RiverCityDawg
10-16-2015, 07:27 AM

Shows what you know... Aberdeen hasn't had a KFC in years.

msstate7
10-16-2015, 07:53 AM
No running back on our team is even close to that talented.

There are a bunch of teams that can say that

engie
10-16-2015, 08:06 AM
Talent is the wrong word to use there...

And prior to last night, McCaffrey had punched it in once all year. Let's take a deep breath before anointing him...

chainedup_Dawg
10-16-2015, 08:32 AM

And prior to last night, McCaffrey had punched it in once all year. Let's take a deep breath before anointing him...

Until last night i believe he was #2 in the country for all purpose yards though. The kid can flat play

msstate7
10-16-2015, 09:06 AM
Until last night i believe he was #2 in the country for all purpose yards though. The kid can flat play

And now he's #1

Liverpooldawg
10-16-2015, 10:47 AM

That kid is VERY talented. He uses every bit of too. You can't teach vision like that.

somebodyshotmypaw
10-16-2015, 11:07 AM

Fair enough. If talent is the wrong word to use, then what would be the correct word to use?

I'm not anointing anyone. I am saying the guy is better than any RB on our roster right now. And I stand by that opinion. I didn't say he was better than Fournette. I'm saying he is better than Shumpert, Lee, Holloway, and Williams.

somebodyshotmypaw
10-16-2015, 11:18 AM
And prior to last night, McCaffrey had punched it in once all year.

Also, there is more to football than punching it in. He had one game where he caught 1 pass for 38 yards, and rushed for 206 yards. However, he didn't "punch it in" in that game. If Shumpert had that same line against A&M and LSU, we would be undefeated right now. Right now, I will take 244 yards rushing from Shumpert each game, and then letting Dak "punch it in".

engie
10-16-2015, 12:54 PM
Fair enough. If talent is the wrong word to use, then what would be the correct word to use?

I'm not anointing anyone. I am saying the guy is better than any RB on our roster right now. And I stand by that opinion. I didn't say he was better than Fournette. I'm saying he is better than Shumpert, Lee, Holloway, and Williams.

Which is not all the running backs on our roster right now... And it's still a bad comparison because it's using a snapshot in time where the only fair guys to compare him to are Shump and Holloway. Yeah he's better than those two. Nobody yet knows just how good Aeris, Lee, Mixon/Dear, Gibson, and Murphy can be. Guess he's better than JRob as well -- since at this point in their careers, he hadn't done any more than Aeris and Lee have...

But I'm glad you didn't say he was better than Fournette**

engie
10-16-2015, 01:02 PM
Also, there is more to football than punching it in. He had one game where he caught 1 pass for 38 yards, and rushed for 206 yards. However, he didn't "punch it in" in that game. If Shumpert had that same line against A&M and LSU, we would be undefeated right now. Right now, I will take 244 yards rushing from Shumpert each game, and then letting Dak "punch it in".

You would "take" our school record for rushing yardage in a single game? Well, that's good to know.

One monster game and people always anoint guys. It's funny. Samaje Perine last year. There have been more. Great game last night. Really good the last 4 weeks.

Liverpooldawg
10-16-2015, 02:01 PM
Have you watched him play?

somebodyshotmypaw
10-16-2015, 02:37 PM
You would "take" our school record for rushing yardage in a single game? Well, that's good to know.

Yes. Because somehow he was being criticized for not "punching it in". I didn't anoint the guy off one single game. I've liked him since the first time I saw him play.

I don't think he will continue to get 200 yards per game. But I think he is better than anyone we have and I stand by that. Because our guys are just setting the woods on fire.

engie
10-16-2015, 03:23 PM
Yes. Because somehow he was being criticized for not "punching it in". I didn't anoint the guy off one single game. I've liked him since the first time I saw him play.

I don't think he will continue to get 200 yards per game. But I think he is better than anyone we have and I stand by that. Because our guys are just setting the woods on fire.

No, he was not being "criticized" for failing to punch in it -- at least not until after you criticized our entire roster of running backs over one guy that had a big night one time.

Excuse me if i take up for a position on MY team --- and refuse to worry about a position --- we haven't been without a drafted player on roster since I still whole-heartedly believed in Santa Clause. 1990 was the last time MSU didn't have an nfl drafted rb on roster for those of you keeping score at home. But this guy is knighted because Dan sucks at personnel decisions -- and he had a monster night last night.

Dawg61
10-17-2015, 03:04 AM
Lol we have WRs and DBs on our own team better than our RBs and Engie kills a guy for calling a future NFL back better than our RBs.