PDA

View Full Version : BearShark fans- Dakota vs Machine Gun in SEC play

Coach34
10-15-2015, 09:33 PM
the BearSharks are singing Machine Gun's praises so hard all over Twitter- I needed to take a conference look:

Prescott vs the SEC- 83/127...65.4%...3 TD's...no picks
MGK vs the SEC- 68/115...59.1%...5 TD's...3 picks

No reason to think MGK will get better in conference play down the line

defiantdog
10-15-2015, 09:52 PM
the BearSharks are singing Machine Gun's praises so hard all over Twitter- I needed to take a conference look:

Prescott vs the SEC- 83/127...65.4%...3 TD's...no picks
MGK vs the SEC- 68/115...59.1%...5 TD's...3 picks

No reason to think MGK will get better in conference play down the line

That's why MGK is considered a heisman hopeful..... Oh wait. OM fans will do anything to be relevant. One day they'll be humble and not be pretentious little bitches. But until then, they suck at life.

TopDog58
10-15-2015, 09:56 PM
The Weiner man was going crazy about this today. I was listening in vehicle so i figured the numbers were like that. Florida, Vandy, and alabama vs ATM, Auburn, and LSU. Plus we are srill in the middle of our pansy OOC cupcakes and Dak hasnt played 3 quarters vs cupcakes like MGK

Todd4State
10-15-2015, 10:08 PM
Dak missing most of Troy because of Megan's cooking** didn't help him as far as the number padding goes.

Tripp McNeely
10-15-2015, 10:21 PM
Why is this conversation even being entertained?

messageboardsuperhero
10-15-2015, 11:27 PM
Chad Kelly has padded the hell out of his stats against the likes of UT Martin, Fresno, and New Mexico State. We've only played two teams at that level of shitty this year (NWSU and Troy) and Dak was sick against Troy and only played in about three series.

Conference only stats against similar competition at the end of the year will paint a much clearer picture one way or the other.

Todd4State
10-16-2015, 12:04 AM
For comparisons sake:

Now I know that I-AA teams are for the most part all created equal in the eyes of D-I for the most part with maybe an exception or two. But UT-Martin is 3-2- one of those wins was over D-II (or worse I don't feel like looking it up) Bethel and another win over Tennessee State, which is essentially a SWAC team.

Fresno State is 1-5. That one win was over Abeline Christian, a I-AA team. In other words, David Carr is not walking through that door.

And then you have New Mexico State which many believe is the worst team in D-I. They are 0-5 right now with losses to Georgia State and UTEP at home. There is a decent chance that they lose out.

So, in other words their two I-A teams that they have played are 0-10 against I-A competition.

CadaverDawg
10-16-2015, 12:05 AM
I've tried to like Jon Weiner but I can't. He's a complete joke. And I preface this criticism by saying, the only reason I feel he deserves to hear it is Bc he trolls our entire fanbase...so he should be able to handle the feedback.

4 things he can do to immediately make himself better:

1) Quit stuttering on the first and middle word of every sentence because you're trying to sound like famous radio guys. You do it way too much, and we can all tell you're just doing it to fill time and make your statements seem more thoughtful and dramatic. They're not, and you're not fooling anybody.

2) Quit trying so hard to stir the pot and troll to gain listeners. When your troll attempts are as awful as comparing MGK to Dak...you're trying too hard. And if there is somebody reading this thread that has never heard your show, this only confirms to them that they never want to hear your show.

3) Quit doing the typical "trying to show non-bias, and therefore coming across as a big OM homer" thing. You aren't even fooling OM fans with your always picking OM to win and State to lose, and saying that BS about MGK that you yourself don't even believe....it's phony, and everyone knows it. Just be yourself and people will listen. You're trying too hard.

4) People can tell the difference between a middle aged white dude that actually has street cred, and one that sounds like he's trying too hard to gain street cred. Nobody likes the latter. If you're just a middle aged white dude that talks like a stuffy middle aged white dude...accept it, embrace it, and live with it. It's painful listening to you attempt to be Snoop Dogg on public radio. We love Snoop...we don't love a white dude named Weiner trying to imitate Snoop.

Am I missing anything? I'm sorry, I have tried to like his show, but today reached another new low that I keep thinking can't be surpassed...but he continues to get worse.

Bothrops
10-16-2015, 12:40 AM
Weiner is more of a bear type of dude. I'm glad.

HSVDawg
10-16-2015, 09:03 AM
Not to refute your overall point, but there are some pretty key statistics missing from that comparison (total passing yards, yards / attempt, and passer rating). I think if those stats were shown, it would illustrate what many have been saying. That is that we aren't stretching the field enough with our WR's. Kelly is going to naturally have a little bit lower completion percentage and more picks because Ole Miss takes multiple shots down the field in their passing attack. That is something that we should be doing more often. I can live with picks here and there and a lower completion percentage if we see Dak's yards per attempt go up and actually see us hit some big plays in the passing game against quality opponents.

Jack Lambert
10-16-2015, 09:47 AM
I've tried to like Jon Weiner but I can't. He's a complete joke. And I preface this criticism by saying, the only reason I feel he deserves to hear it is Bc he trolls our entire fanbase...so he should be able to handle the feedback.

4 things he can do to immediately make himself better:

1) Quit stuttering on the first and middle word of every sentence because you're trying to sound like famous radio guys. You do it way too much, and we can all tell you're just doing it to fill time and make your statements seem more thoughtful and dramatic. They're not, and you're not fooling anybody.

2) Quit trying so hard to stir the pot and troll to gain listeners. When your troll attempts are as awful as comparing MGK to Dak...you're trying too hard. And if there is somebody reading this thread that has never heard your show, this only confirms to them that they never want to hear your show.

3) Quit doing the typical "trying to show non-bias, and therefore coming across as a big OM homer" thing. You aren't even fooling OM fans with your always picking OM to win and State to lose, and saying that BS about MGK that you yourself don't even believe....it's phony, and everyone knows it. Just be yourself and people will listen. You're trying too hard.

4) People can tell the difference between a middle aged white dude that actually has street cred, and one that sounds like he's trying too hard to gain street cred. Nobody likes the latter. If you're just a middle aged white dude that talks like a stuffy middle aged white dude...accept it, embrace it, and live with it. It's painful listening to you attempt to be Snoop Dogg on public radio. We love Snoop...we don't love a white dude named Weiner trying to imitate Snoop.

Am I missing anything? I'm sorry, I have tried to like his show, but today reached another new low that I keep thinking can't be surpassed...but he continues to get worse.

Are you talking about Weiner or Bo Bounds? YOu just discribed how I feel about Bo.

Coach34
10-16-2015, 09:56 AM
Not to refute your overall point, but there are some pretty key statistics missing from that comparison (total passing yards, yards / attempt, and passer rating). I think if those stats were shown, it would illustrate what many have been saying. That is that we aren't stretching the field enough with our WR's. Kelly is going to naturally have a little bit lower completion percentage and more picks because Ole Miss takes multiple shots down the field in their passing attack. That is something that we should be doing more often. I can live with picks here and there and a lower completion percentage if we see Dak's yards per attempt go up and actually see us hit some big plays in the passing game against quality opponents.

There are more interceptions on intermediate routes than deep passes. But I do agree with your point that we don't stretch the field enough vertically

EAVdog
10-16-2015, 10:06 AM
Our OL has had trouble giving Dak enough time for routes to develop against aTm and LSU. Both teams have great D Lines. We did what we needed to do against Auburn.

Hopefully with a few games in the middle for our guys to gel we can finish strong unlike the last couple of years.

blacklistedbully
10-16-2015, 10:11 AM

While that is true, I believe it is more than offset by how fortunate Kelly has been with his, "chunk it up there and hope" approach that often relies on his mega-talented receivers to go up and make a stupid decision look good. You can also add to that the dumb luck in the Bama game. They got 5 extra possessions in that game courtesy of t/o's, and we know about 80 yards of his passing stats came from a shitty pass that bounced off a defender's helmet directly into his WR's hands.

whosyourdawgy
10-16-2015, 10:53 AM
Not to split hairs but if there was a stat for keeping up with dropped interceptions, he may lead the country. How many did Vandy miss? Seems I remember at least one in the Uf game. He has been lucky as hell more times than not a ton this season so far. It takes a little luck to have special seasons tho. Maybe this is it***

whatever
10-16-2015, 10:58 AM
3 games isn't that big a sample size, but here are the stats so far:

Kelly
68/115 - 59% comp
307 ypg passing
5 TD's, 3 INT's
51 rushing w/ 1 TD
8 yards per attempt
Team is averaging 26.7 points per game in SEC play

Dak
83/127 - 65% comp
272 ypg passing
3 TD's, 0 picks
91 rushing w/ 2 TD's
6.4 yards per attempt
Team is averaging 17.7 points per game in SEC play

Not hard to make an argument he's playing at least just as well, his team is averaging 9 more ppg with similar running games and has played better defenses than what MSU has gone against so far. Obviously there are many other factors that go into it, he's got better weapons, different scheme, and has had some good breaks, but it's not like he's playing bad. Biggest disappointment to me is that MSU has scored 19, 17, and 17 in SEC play.

defiantdog
10-16-2015, 12:07 PM
There are more interceptions on intermediate routes than deep passes. But I do agree with your point that we don't stretch the field enough vertically

That will change once Gray gets more involved in the offense. That dude just finds a way to get down field..... I bet most of his receptions have been 20 yards plus this year.

confucius say
10-16-2015, 12:23 PM
Kelly has a very good skill set, but starting next week, his decision making better improve or it is going to cost him and his team.

chef dixon
10-16-2015, 01:08 PM
I actually appreciate Wiener's show and think he has done a decent job covering both schools as well as high school ball, but he was really forcing it hard with this conversation yesterday.

They are not easy to compare at all due to how the offenses have been run, but because Kelly was in charge of an offense that scored 70 in their first two games and then beat Bama, his image as an elite QB is going to be hard to shake for people that A) don't follow the program closely or B) are Ole Miss fans. What Ole Miss fans are of course blind to is that he has looked nothing more than a more gifted Bo Wallace since even the Bama game. In that Bama game he had two very unorthodox long TD passes (both looked like plays Bo Wallace would make) and also scored on 3 drives of roughly 30 yards. Not once did he drive the field and truly take charge of the game which is how the media and Ole Miss fans are portraying it. And since that game he has kind of looked bad quite frankly, but I haven't seen one single Ole Miss fan/media person even mention that maybe he isn't all that.

Dawgcentral
10-16-2015, 08:48 PM
My question is: Why would a guy named Weiner actually keep the name Weiner? Am I the only one scratching my head over this?

I think Jack Aroot and Dick Trickle ended this kind of show quite a few years ago.

HSVDawg
10-16-2015, 10:37 PM
3 games isn't that big a sample size, but here are the stats so far:

Kelly
68/115 - 59% comp
307 ypg passing
5 TD's, 3 INT's
51 rushing w/ 1 TD
8 yards per attempt
Team is averaging 26.7 points per game in SEC play

Dak
83/127 - 65% comp
272 ypg passing
3 TD's, 0 picks
91 rushing w/ 2 TD's
6.4 yards per attempt
Team is averaging 17.7 points per game in SEC play

Not hard to make an argument he's playing at least just as well, his team is averaging 9 more ppg with similar running games and has played better defenses than what MSU has gone against so far. Obviously there are many other factors that go into it, he's got better weapons, different scheme, and has had some good breaks, but it's not like he's playing bad. Biggest disappointment to me is that MSU has scored 19, 17, and 17 in SEC play.

Thanks for the breakdown. That definitely is eye opening. 6.4 yards per attempt for Dak is absolutely piss poor, especially with the weapons we have at WR this year. I lay all that at Dan's feet. He needs to fix this shit ASAP.

TUSK
10-16-2015, 10:47 PM
wow, those numbers make me feel a little better about our QB situation...

RougeDawg
10-17-2015, 12:42 AM
Are you talking about Weiner or Bo Bounds? YOu just discribed how I feel about Bo.

I second this motion. Bo is the bigger douche. Maybe those two clowns should have a "Douche Off" to see who's the lesser of a douche. I no longer live in Mississippi, but why in the F*ck do y'all continue to put up with these two clowns? If I still lived there and anywhere near their sponsors, I'll call up their advertisersc and tell them I'm not going to choose your business until you stop supporting these two baffoons. Start voting with your wallet but let the business know why you are going elsewhere, so they get some sports guys who actually know sports. Might as well add Dick Cross to the baffoonery list. Why do y'all put up with that assclown too? Speak with your wallets and get his biased, homer adds a pink slip.

RougeDawg
10-17-2015, 12:49 AM
Not to split hairs but if there was a stat for keeping up with dropped interceptions, he may lead the country. How many did Vandy miss? Seems I remember at least one in the Uf game. He has been lucky as hell more times than not a ton this season so far. It takes a little luck to have special seasons tho. Maybe this is it***

Last week he only "threw" one pick, but hit the defense between the numbers on 3 others that they couldn't hang on to because they were so surprised that he hit them between the numbers. He could have easily racked up 5 picks against New Mexico State.

whosyourdawgy
10-17-2015, 02:39 PM
After today is there any question? Anybody that says otherwise is a complete dumbass

Dawg496
10-17-2015, 03:25 PM
Has Dak ever gotten blown out by an unranked team?