PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky doesn't handle defensive aggression well

BulldogBear
10-15-2015, 07:31 PM
Bend but don't break may win.

But if we are aggressive we will win and win big.

Treemydawg
10-15-2015, 07:40 PM
Bend but don't break may win.

It's a sec game, we will sit back and play soft. Try to contain the big play and they will go off on us at home book it.

Todd4State
10-15-2015, 07:46 PM
Why win big when we can barely scrape by and have Dan talk about "well, I probably should have called this here.."

Rick Danko
10-15-2015, 07:54 PM
Christ we have the most negative fanbase ever.

Dawgowar
10-15-2015, 07:58 PM
It's a sec game, we will sit back and play soft. Try to contain the big play and they will go off on us at home book it.

http://s25.postimg.org/mojcsj2v3/Unknown.jpg

Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

Treemydawg
10-15-2015, 08:02 PM
Christ we have the most negative fanbase ever.

Does anything we have done as a team or with coaching decisions this year suggest otherwise ?

Treemydawg
10-15-2015, 08:04 PM
http://s25.postimg.org/mojcsj2v3/Unknown.jpg

Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

What I posted is the truth. You don't like it and disagree kiss my ass dude.

msstate7
10-15-2015, 08:06 PM
Does anything we have done as a team or with coaching decisions this year suggest otherwise ?

Well we went on the road and beat the team that's beating Kentucky now. Nevertheless you booked Kentucky to go off on us

Treemydawg
10-15-2015, 08:12 PM
Well we went on the road and beat the team that's beating Kentucky now. Nevertheless you booked Kentucky to go off on us
You still didn't answer my question.

Jarius
10-15-2015, 08:13 PM

Will they go off on us like SEC foe LSU who scored a whopping 21 points on us? Or maybe they will go off like the team that is currently beating their ass did for 9 points. Or maybe they will do like the best offensive team in the conference did and score 30, with 6 of that coming in the second half. I hope they go off on us like our sec opponents have. It means we should win if our offense doesn't shit the bed.

Treemydawg
10-15-2015, 08:21 PM
Will they go off on us like SEC foe LSU who scored a whopping 21 points on us? Or maybe they will go off like the team that is currently beating their ass did for 9 points. Or maybe they will do like the best offensive team in the conference did and score 30, with 6 of that coming in the second half. I hope they go off on us like our sec opponents have. It means we should win if our offense doesn't shit the bed.

I think they will go off because of how they stretch the field with thier play calls. And how we have been proven to play D in the first half this year so far ( save Troy). We haven't been aggressive on D in any other game. I'm with you boys in hoping we will win. But I can't see Dan changing his ways.

Jarius
10-15-2015, 08:28 PM
No one has went off on us yet. We haven't been dominant, but if we are going to bitch it needs to be about our offense. Our defense has played more than well enough for us to win every game. This is 2015, not 1985. The way you play defense has changed dramatically and so have the results. We need to create more turnovers, but other than that we are pretty good on that side of the ball. Kentucky is 5-1 with their only current loss to #8 Florida. It won't be a cakewalk, and it shouldn't be.

Treemydawg
10-15-2015, 08:33 PM
I will eat crow if I'm wrong fellas. Yall book mark it and we will revisit this thread after the game.

War Machine Dawg
10-15-2015, 08:45 PM

I would say there's a difference in saying UK will "go off" and actually saying they'll beat us. I can see them moving the ball on us and scoring some.

maroonmania
10-15-2015, 08:47 PM
Maurice Swain would have made a BIG addition to our team had we gotten him.

Coach34
10-15-2015, 08:50 PM
Manny held A&M to their lowest scoring output against us since we started playing them
We bitchslapped Troy

Manny is getting used to our personnel and they are getting used to Manny

Treemydawg
10-15-2015, 08:55 PM
I would say there's a difference in saying UK will "go off" and actually saying they'll beat us. I can see them moving the ball on us and scoring some.

Well there's the difference in my thinking. To me Kentucky went off on us last year passing when they pleased, although they didn't beat us they made us look laughable on pass D, and I think they will do the same this year if we aren't aggressive out of the gate.

maroonmania
10-15-2015, 08:57 PM
Also wish we had a RB as good as Barber. That dude don't want to go down.

BrunswickDawg
10-15-2015, 09:02 PM
Well there's the difference in my thinking. To me Kentucky went off on us last year passing when they pleased, although they didn't beat us they made us look laughable on pass D, and I think they will do the same this year if we aren't aggressive out of the gate.
And in case you haven't noticed, this isn't last year. Our pass D is far better than last year at limitin big plays. Who has made us look anything like last year when they pass?

defiantdog
10-15-2015, 09:03 PM
Also wish we had a RB as good as Barber. That dude don't want to go down.

Give credit to Auburn's offensive line as well. They're beating the crap out of the Kentucky DLs.

Treemydawg
10-15-2015, 09:07 PM
And in case you haven't noticed, this isn't last year. Our pass D is far better than last year at limitin big plays. Who has made us look anything like last year when they pass?

I didn't say anyone has but I believe they will if we don't come out aggressive on D like we did against Troy. To me that's the D we should have been running the whole year.

smootness
10-15-2015, 09:09 PM
What I posted is the truth. You don't like it and disagree kiss my ass dude.

No, it isn't.

It is speculation based on a false understanding of what we've done to this point.

Coach34
10-15-2015, 09:10 PM
We will beat Kentucky 2 TD's

mic
10-15-2015, 09:13 PM
Our defense has not been the issue this year ... Period ...

Treemydawg
10-15-2015, 09:17 PM
Well I hope y'all boys prove me wrong.

Homedawg
10-15-2015, 09:18 PM
Auburn has 130 Yds rushing and barber is avg 3.7 a carry. Whipping the dl ass might be a touch strong.

Thick
10-15-2015, 09:33 PM
AJ Jefferson and Ryan Brown will have big game vs UK tackles.

Bucky Dog
10-15-2015, 09:35 PM
Dumbass playcalling by KY there at the end. No timeouts and the clock running and they run it up the middle for a yard, then throw a bomb on third and three!! Towles gets sacked on fourth down!

BulldogBear
10-15-2015, 09:36 PM
Well Kentucky lost because they dropped 26,324 passes tonight and most of them would've sustained drives or scored points.

TUSK
10-15-2015, 09:40 PM
Bucky Dog & Bull Dog Bear... good post...

Treemy... I think you've a great point... as well....

I do know this... Auburn sucks.

https://youtu.be/5m6Sw26gUQo

defiantdog
10-15-2015, 09:41 PM
Jefferson is going to give that Kentucky OL some fits. Ross will have some fun receiving as well

Todd4State
10-15-2015, 10:52 PM
Well I hope y'all boys prove me wrong.

It's wait and see right now, but it seems like getting the defense to play with more energy and passion was a focal point all last week. We'll see if that continues. The only really alarming thing about our defense this year has been allowing teams to sustain drives because of poor tackling at times. That said, when teams get into the red zone, we have been outstanding and at the end of the day we are fourth in the SEC in scoring defense- which to me is the stat that really counts. And we are within striking distance of being number one in scoring defense.

BossDawg
10-15-2015, 11:23 PM

"IF" being the key word here. I can see Mullen sleepwalking through this game and letting KY keep it uncomfortably close. Our corners are gonna be playing 80 yards off their receivers and Towles will be slinging the ball to them like it's the space shuttle. I would LOVE to see some aggressiveness, but will Mullen actually go there?

BB30
10-16-2015, 08:12 AM
If we were on the road I would be a little worried but it being our the first SEC home game since wk 2 I think the crowd will show up and we will roll. I think or hope KY is when everything starts coming together for that Thurs night MO game and a strong finish to the year.

maroonmania
10-16-2015, 09:09 AM
Auburn has 130 Yds rushing and barber is avg 3.7 a carry. Whipping the dl ass might be a touch strong.

There was very little space to run in most of the second half for Barber but there were several 3rd downs and 5 or less that Barber got the first down strictly on his own and kept Auburn's offense on the field. He made a big difference in the game even at 3.7 yards per carry.