PDA

View Full Version : The plot thickens...

ShotgunDawg
10-15-2015, 01:17 PM
Ginny Crager

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/ul/2015/10/15/ul-ncaa-probe-who-ginny-crager/73984340/

Jack Lambert
10-15-2015, 01:28 PM
Sounds to me after reading, ULL is taking Ole Miss down with them. Something I find striking is the fact that she gave the recruits bathroom breaks just so she could change the test and the recruits not even know about it so they could not rat out latter.

Where was that lady when I was scoring my 27?

ShotgunDawg
10-15-2015, 01:30 PM
Sounds to me after reading, ULL is taking Ole Miss down with them.

No doubt. What's nice is that ULL provides a taddle tale in this saga that Ole Miss can't control.

It's also worth noting that this is only a small piece of OM's problems. Paying recruits to visit, cars, houses, etc... Has nothing to do with this part of the story. This could be the "tax evasion" that allows the NCAA to punish them for things they know they did but don't have proof of.

Really Clark?
10-15-2015, 01:39 PM
I actually don't see the timeline working out like that. I think it was uncovered in the UNM investigation and it lead to ULL because of what they discovered on Saunders at his time at UNM. If it continued at UNM when Saunders was not there, I don't know. Remember ULL was notified of possible violations because of what was turned up at UNM. UNM outside and inside counsel along with the enforcement staff were the lead interviewers of Saunders and a SA that had one time been at UNM in the first interview. The Saunders mess uncovered in the UNM investigation is what got ULL in trouble. Not the other way around.

defiantdog
10-15-2015, 01:39 PM
Sounds to me after reading, ULL is taking Ole Miss down with them. Something I find striking is the fact that she gave the recruits bathroom breaks just so she could change the test and the recruits not even know about it so they could not rat out latter.

Why? Is there another county that allows lengthened bathroom breaks?

Jack Lambert
10-15-2015, 01:43 PM
Why? Is there another county that allows lengthened bathroom breaks?

To be honest I don't even remember having a bathroom break when I took it.

defiantdog
10-15-2015, 01:53 PM
To be honest I don't even remember having a bathroom break when I took it.

All I remember is being hung over as hell and listening to ted dibiase jr mumble every math problem to himself.

GreenheadDawg
10-15-2015, 02:02 PM
I can already freakin see it now.. ULL takes the fall for UNM

Coach007
10-15-2015, 02:12 PM
Right now, there is only 1 reason ole miss is there. They are being proactive to protect their interests.

On a secondary noted, any college that has a player have to retest and used Wayne county from 2014 and back.... Get ready.

AlSwearengen
10-15-2015, 02:20 PM

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Coach007
10-15-2015, 02:48 PM
I don't think ole miss gets off the hook. Ey might not get hit hard, but they will get something

lawdawg
10-15-2015, 03:49 PM
I found this sentence to be particularly interesting:

In transcripts of a Feb. 19, 2014, interview of Crager by two NCAA enforcement staff members, outside UL counsel and outside and internal counsel for the University of Mississippi, Crager said...

HereComesTheSpiral
10-15-2015, 04:44 PM

Nah, but I bet Portland State is shitting bricks right now**

godlluB
10-15-2015, 05:10 PM

It says "According to UL’s response to the NCAA, a recruit said that after a post-test restroom trip". The word "post" there means "after".

So, he was done with the test, and went to the bathroom before leaving. As he was walking back by the room where he took the test, he saw whatever it was he claimed to see.

Homedawg
10-15-2015, 07:21 PM
I actually don't see the timeline working out like that. I think it was uncovered in the UNM investigation and it lead to ULL because of what they discovered on Saunders at his time at UNM. If it continued at UNM when Saunders was not there, I don't know. Remember ULL was notified of possible violations because of what was turned up at UNM. UNM outside and inside counsel along with the enforcement staff were the lead interviewers of Saunders and a SA that had one time been at UNM in the first interview. The Saunders mess uncovered in the UNM investigation is what got ULL in trouble. Not the other way around.

This is exactly what happened. Not a rumor. A fact.

Coach34
10-15-2015, 07:56 PM
This is exactly what happened. Not a rumor. A fact.

and its caused some blow back at OM from some pissed off people

Political Hack
10-15-2015, 09:51 PM

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. Someone is paying attention.

Todd4State
10-15-2015, 10:11 PM
I'm starting to really like Louisiana-Lafayette. First they take out Matthew Stevens. Now it looks like they might take down Ole Miss.

PassInterference
10-15-2015, 10:22 PM
I'm starting to really like Louisiana-Lafayette. First they take out Matthew Stevens. Now it looks like they might take down Ole Miss.

Slow clap

Todd4State
10-15-2015, 10:22 PM
I just read the whole article.

It's sad to me because it sounds like Crager was kind of taken advantage of by Saunders in that I think he made her believe that what she was doing was ultimately helping those football players who had disabilities or whatever and make a better life for themselves.

And yes, what she did was 100% wrong if the allegations are true.

But like I said the other day- all teachers worth their salt want to see their students succeed and do well.

There's going to be a book about this one day after Ole Miss burns to the ground.

ShotgunDawg
10-15-2015, 10:28 PM

It's sad to me because it sounds like Crager was kind of taken advantage of by Saunders in that I think he made her believe that what she was doing was ultimately HEPPIN those football players who had disabilities or whatever and make a better life for themselves.

FIFY

They didn't call it the "People Heppin Bidness" for nothing

Maybe the 30/30 someday can be called, "People Heppin Bidness" The True Story behind Ole Miss Football's Rise in the Recruiting Rankings

You can't really call it the "Rise & Fall of Ole Miss Football" because that would insinuate that they became a national power at some point.

Todd4State
10-15-2015, 10:44 PM
FIFY

They didn't call it the "People Heppin Bidness" for nothing

Maybe the 30/30 someday can be called, "People Heppin Bidness" The True Story behind Ole Miss Football's Rise in the Recruiting Rankings

You can't really call it the "Rise & Fall of Ole Miss Football" because that would insinuate that they became a national power at some point.

They may not have become a National Power, but they do have some wins over some really good teams the past three years- LSU, Alabama twice and us. And I think the main reason for those wins is because of the guys that they brought in that they are being investigated over right now- what would they be without Nkemdiche, Tunsil, Treadwell, and Conner? In 2010-2011 they were awful- you know, around the time they cut off Saunders.

I know we all know this- but why would a five star recruit go to what was a 6-6 SEC team- and one that champions Confederate symbols? In a lot of cases it's to help our their families- like Tunsil and CJ Johnson or it's because Ole Miss is the only place that they can get in- like Powe and Conner.

The whole time they have been promoting Freeze's Christian stance as winning over families, but heck- if you want to play for a Christian coach in a trendy college town, why wouldn't you go to Georgia?

BrunswickDawg
10-16-2015, 07:18 AM

Hud is a sleeper agent.

notsofarawaydawg
10-16-2015, 08:08 AM

It's sad to me because it sounds like Crager was kind of taken advantage of by Saunders in that I think he made her believe that what she was doing was ultimately helping those football players who had disabilities or whatever and make a better life for themselves.

And yes, what she did was 100% wrong if the allegations are true.

But like I said the other day- all teachers worth their salt want to see their students succeed and do well.

There's going to be a book about this one day after Ole Miss burns to the ground.

I'm sure she didn't mind the supplemental income she received during this "special" testing period. Since my family is from that area, it was well known among some of the Wayne County students in the family that
this was occurring on a regular basis. It was nothing for one of them to take an ACT test with athletes from out of state. It was more of a common occurrence than we have been led to believe.