PDA

View Full Version : OM used Brassell to land Tony Conner??

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-25-2013, 10:22 AM
Posters from the OM 247 site:
"Nick was never going to qualify. The coaches knew that. They recruited him, for the second time, because he is best friends with Tony Conner. Even so, this talk about grades has been hilarious. Nick could make straight As for the rest of his life and he'll never be eligible again for the NCAA, that's how much damage he did as a frosh (and he ain't making straight As). The delay in announcing is because the coaches don't want the whole world to know they recruited Nick only to help get Tony. Don't want recruits to think they'll be used that way."

And now that they've used Brassell up, this is how they feel:
"I don't think he will make the pros, he will have opportunity, but he is simply to dumb, plain and simple....he will be selling drugs and gang banging before long, JMO"

Wow, I wouldn't think that would make many prospects or parents very happy to hear that om uses people to get what they want. What kind of culture are they trying to create in oxford? I fear for these kids' souls if they go to oxford and are surrounded by this mess.

hailmari
07-25-2013, 10:27 AM
I'm just happy to know we're not the only ones dumb enough to post negative things about players/prospects in public forums.

messageboardsuperhero
07-25-2013, 10:32 AM
Posters from the OM 247 site:
"Nick was never going to qualify. The coaches knew that. They recruited him, for the second time, because he is best friends with Tony Conner. Even so, this talk about grades has been hilarious. Nick could make straight As for the rest of his life and he'll never be eligible again for the NCAA, that's how much damage he did as a frosh (and he ain't making straight As). The delay in announcing is because the coaches don't want the whole world to know they recruited Nick only to help get Tony. 1. Don't want recruits to think they'll be used that way."

And now that they've used Brassell up, this is how they feel:
"2. I don't think he will make the pros, he will have opportunity, but he is simply to dumb, plain and simple....he will be selling drugs and gang banging before long, JMO"

Wow, I wouldn't think that would make many prospects or parents very happy to hear that om uses people to get what they want. What kind of culture are they trying to create in oxford? I fear for these kids' souls if they go to oxford and are surrounded by this mess.

1. Oh, so your coaches do use kids like that? That's not very Christian of Rev. Freeze. If you're going to preach it, you better back it up.

2. Okay, so now that he's gone they'll just drop the spin and propaganda and tell you how they really feel. UM fans go from loving Snoop and calling him misunderstood and the victim of bad leadership under Nutt, to saying he's too stupid and going to be a drug dealer/gang member? All in the span of a few months? And then they'll turn around and say that they are a "Faith-based program?" There are some hypocritical bastards in Oxford.

I'm not saying we're perfect, but if you're going to go around preaching about how your football program is based on Christ, you have brought a higher standard upon yourself. Using recruits just to get to others? If you set yourself up for that higher standard, how can this be explained?

FISHDAWG
07-25-2013, 10:32 AM
archive it now

662dawg
07-25-2013, 10:36 AM
Beastman, we need an article ASAP 😜😜😜

Coach34
07-25-2013, 10:37 AM
and they got the 4-star bump that got their class into the top 10 for a player that had no chance of playing- and all the pub that goes with the top 10

It's all about perception and controlling the message with them- and right now they are damn good at it

Rick Danko
07-25-2013, 10:38 AM
Damn what happened on Paul's site... Unless I'm missing something that thread got taken down quick.

MSUDawg4Life
07-25-2013, 10:59 AM
Mr. David probably threatened Paul.

BeastMan
07-25-2013, 11:04 AM
Print it out Deshea

CadaverDawg
07-25-2013, 11:05 AM
Steve, Croom Diaries, and all you twitterers....you know what to do.

CadaverDawg
07-25-2013, 11:06 AM
Print it out Deshea

Is DeShea on this board?? TSUN Bear Hunter say " Deshea would never join a MSU message board" ***

#WeightRoomTalk

maroonmania
07-25-2013, 11:17 AM
Mr. David probably threatened Paul.

Look OM posters post some pretty lame crap as well that would back fire against them but their moderators jump on it pretty quick to get rid of it. OM boosters are pretty much all in lock step with comes to recruiting and the PR associated with it. Like I've said before, there are truly a lot of OM backers who get more enjoyment out of recruiting than they do wins on the field. And one of the reasons why is because many of them can get involved and "help" with recruiting whereas they can't do much about the product actually put on the field.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-25-2013, 11:23 AM
Damn what happened on Paul's site... Unless I'm missing something that thread got taken down quick.
It was posted on OM's 247 site and the posts are still out there if anyone needs screenshots or what not.

maroonmania
07-25-2013, 11:26 AM
1. Oh, so your coaches do use kids like that? That's not very Christian of Rev. Freeze. If you're going to preach it, you better back it up.

2. Okay, so now that he's gone I'll just drop the spin and propaganda and tell you how I really feel. There are some hypocritical bastards in Oxford.

Seriously, if that's what it took to get Tony Conner to sign with the Rebs why would they not do it? Smart move on their part.

CadaverDawg
07-25-2013, 11:32 AM
Seriously, if that's what it took to get Tony Conner to sign with the Rebs why would they not do it? Smart move on their part.

So you're saying it's all fair and honest to KNOW A guy isn't going to qualify, yet use him to get another guy on campus? Is that not completely against what Freeze preaches about honesty?

Not saying people can't do it or whatever, but when you are preaching honesty and loyalty and bible verses, it is VERY hypocritical to pull a stunt like that...and a momma and Daddy won't like that.

Bo Darville
07-25-2013, 11:34 AM
he will be selling drugs and gang banging before long, JMO"

What do you mean before long?

AlSwearengen
07-25-2013, 11:37 AM
and they got the 4-star bump that got their class into the top 10 for a player that had no chance of playing- and all the pub that goes with the top 10

It's all about perception and controlling the message with them- and right now they are damn good at it

Thats right. If they keep themselves at the top of the recruiting rankings, eventually more and more of the better players have a seed planted in their minds that something is going on with olemiss. Meanwhile, our message board heroes are too cool (actually have small dicks) to give a shit about 5* players.

messageboardsuperhero
07-25-2013, 11:49 AM
I'm not saying that it wasn't an intelligent thing to do necessarily, I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy in their program. If it is a "Christ-based program," like Freeze claims, would you really promise a kid that his friend will be in school with him, while you know full well that he'll never qualify? That's just a flat-out lie. I'm just saying that it takes more than playing Christian praise songs during practice to be a "Christ-based program," and I'm just calling them out on their shit. Someone's got to do it.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-25-2013, 01:41 PM
Here are some other gems from their recruitment of Duke Riley:
"LSU can have him. Don't want someone who doesn't want to be here"
"Two reasons we are staying with him and they are Malachi Dupree and Kenny Young, class of 2014 John Curtis. If it weren't for them we would've parted ways a LONG time ago. This staff is very methodical. As they say, there is a method behind the madness! Hotty Toddy!"
"I totally agree with you here, LSU knows what's happening in Oxford this weekend an they are trying to keep him away from the excitement. I am going to laugh when he visits and they don't end up offering him an he realizes he made a mistake an tries to come back an we have no spots left. "
"You hit the nail on the head. I hope he enjoys Tulane. LSU will end up getting who they want and by then we won't have a spot for him. He's putting all of his eggs in one basket. I hate to see him make that choice but at least he knows what he wants. I respect that."

BeastMan
07-25-2013, 02:43 PM
Beastman, we need an article ASAP 

http://3rdand57.com/did-freeze-use-brassell-for-recruiting-purposes/

Yall know what to do. Tweet and share

bobcat91
07-25-2013, 02:55 PM
Someone might want to see if Conner is at OM now. Treadwell too. Freeze is a Special Ed disciple and they know how to sign guys to generate buzz knowing they aren't making the team.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-25-2013, 03:03 PM

Haha Phucking Awesome!!!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-25-2013, 03:07 PM
And just like that, the thread was deleted...Hope someone was smart enough to grab some screen shots!!

DogBanker
07-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Consider the screen shots a done deal and already tweeted out.

hacker
07-25-2013, 03:19 PM
who is that in the pic with Brassell with the shirt?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-25-2013, 03:25 PM
who is that in the pic with Brassell with the shirt?
Is it Jamal Mosley?http://arrestnation.com/2012/07/23/jamal-mosley-arrested-2/

maroonmania
07-25-2013, 03:41 PM
So you're saying it's all fair and honest to KNOW A guy isn't going to qualify, yet use him to get another guy on campus? Is that not completely against what Freeze preaches about honesty?

Not saying people can't do it or whatever, but when you are preaching honesty and loyalty and bible verses, it is VERY hypocritical to pull a stunt like that...and a momma and Daddy won't like that.

Oh I know it doesn't line up with Freeze's "faith-based recruiting" but we know Freeze is a hyprocrite anyway. Bottom line is he got a player he wanted.

hacker
07-25-2013, 03:42 PM
Is it Jamal Mosley?http://arrestnation.com/2012/07/23/jamal-mosley-arrested-2/

http://3rdand57.com/wordpress2/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/image-710x300-crop.jpg
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/ole/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/7974896.jpeg

yeah that's Jamal Mosley. nice. money, hoes, cars, & clothes.

Todd4State
07-25-2013, 04:06 PM

Beautiful!

662dawg
07-25-2013, 04:16 PM
NIIIIIICE. Lol

M.Fillmore
07-25-2013, 04:44 PM

I'm not a Tweeter. Someone on this board needs to tweet it to IncarcernatedBob.

BeastMan
07-25-2013, 04:55 PM
I love the heated rebel reaction to this one. Most of them having hissy fits are blocked on my twitter so they can't even bother me about it. Bet they're all having a great discussion about me. I own their minds

hacker
07-25-2013, 05:53 PM
I love the heated rebel reaction to this one. Most of them having hissy fits are blocked on my twitter so they can't even bother me about it. Bet they're all having a great discussion about me. I own their minds

haha, nice!

War Machine Dawg
07-25-2013, 07:08 PM
In the immortal word of Ron Simmons: DAMN!!!! Beast be droppin' bombs on the Bearz. Now I know why they're so pissy. Hitting a little too close to home, methinks.

Pollodawg
07-25-2013, 07:16 PM
LOL. What's he saying? I don't have twitter. As far as OM is concerned, though, frick em and feed em fish heads. The next time they pull this, "your coach is the spawn of satan and a douche" garbage, just whip this little tidbit out.

Political Hack
07-25-2013, 07:23 PM
the last time they really tried to push the "your coach is an atheist" thing, a video called "Ole Miss Tradition" came out. No telling what will happen if they try to pull some crap like that again.

Ghost of Hank Flick
07-25-2013, 07:35 PM
the last time they really tried to push the "your coach is an atheist" thing, a video called "Ole Miss Tradition" came out. No telling what will happen if they try to pull some crap like that again.

We always keep the nukes pointed towards Oxford. TX is just waiting on his Mud Dawg signal.

Political Hack
07-25-2013, 07:38 PM
We always keep the nukes pointed towards Oxford. TX is just waiting on his Mud Dawg signal.

I miss ole' TX. wish he'd post more often. always enjoyed his stuff, especially his videos.

Ghost of Hank Flick
07-25-2013, 07:49 PM
I miss ole' TX. wish he'd post more often. always enjoyed his stuff, especially his videos.

He has been really busy with work for a while but he's still around.

Todd4State
07-25-2013, 08:33 PM

The Ole Miss traditions video was our Hiroshima.

Political Hack
07-25-2013, 08:36 PM
Nagasaki is going to be epic.

Behrdawg
07-25-2013, 08:41 PM
@hughnotfreeze just retweeted it

That guy is hilarious...follow him if you arent already

Todd4State
07-25-2013, 08:47 PM
Nagasaki is going to be epic.

Nagasaki was a very underrated nuclear bombing in my opinion.