PDA

View Full Version : Dak Prescott

Dawg61
10-14-2015, 11:07 PM
I know there's lots to this season still to be played out but I've been wondering what team I want to see Dak get drafted by and to me it's obvious. The New Orleans Saints. I'm hoping the Saints buy in on Dak completely and trade Payton and Breeze for a truck load of picks. I think Dak can be successful in the NFL. That's what I'm hoping. I'd love nothing more than to be able to follow Dak for a very long very successful NFL career. Is there another team you want to see Dak play for and I mean start not ride the bench for the Patriots, Colts, Seahawks etc.?

War Machine Dawg
10-14-2015, 11:28 PM
Houston Texans. Dak + B-Mac + Bill O'Brien + DeAndre Hopkins + JJ Watt + Jadeveon Clowney = legit contender.

Barking 13
10-15-2015, 12:09 AM
Packers.. study under Rogers for a couple years...

cbrunt29
10-15-2015, 12:20 AM
Saints for sure. I'm not sure how much longer Breeze is going to be around, so Dak would have a good chance to win the job.

somebodyshotmypaw
10-15-2015, 06:20 AM
Saints used high pick on Garrett Grayson at QB. They really like him. I can't see the Saints picking a QB in the first 4 rounds unless they think he is an immediate starter and they plan on a total rebuild.

BulldogDX55
10-15-2015, 06:47 AM
Assuming that Chip Kelly still has a job next year, I'd love to see him in that Philly offense. Also, they wouldn't have to trade an arm and a leg to get Dak in the draft like they would of had to for Mariota last year.

missouridawg
10-15-2015, 07:12 AM
Houston Texans. Dak + B-Mac + Bill O'Brien + DeAndre Hopkins + JJ Watt + Jadeveon Clowney = legit contender.

I can certainly appreciate fandom, but this is idiotic. I hope Dak has a long, successful NFL career. But he ain't leading the Texans towards "legit contender" status. That defense, for as good as JJ Watt is, is pretty bad right now and needs quite a bit of help.

msstate7
10-15-2015, 07:16 AM
I can certainly appreciate fandom, but this is idiotic. I hope Dak has a long, successful NFL career. But he ain't leading the Texans towards "legit contender" status. That defense, for as good as JJ Watt is, is pretty bad right now and needs quite a bit of help.

Will Redmond in 1st round.
Dak in 2nd round
Problem solved... Super bowl bound**

Maroonthirteen
10-15-2015, 07:44 AM
Dallas Cowboys, of course. But Dak didn't play for Arkansas. So Jerry probably won't be interested.

Where ever....a playoff contender. He deserves it.

Btw, Edmonton Eskimos were at the game last week.

FISHDAWG
10-15-2015, 07:58 AM
any team other than:
Cowboys
Dolphins
Ravens
Patriots
Raiders or any other west coast team (other than the SeaHawks)

Dallas_Dawg
10-15-2015, 08:09 AM
I wouldn't get my hopes up on Dak being anything more than a day 3 draft pick. Just doesn't have the touch on the deep ball to translate to the NFL.
This is progress though, we haven't had a qb drafted in a LONG time

Johnson85
10-15-2015, 08:13 AM
I mean start not ride the bench for the Patriots, Colts, Seahawks etc.?

That's exactly what I think I'd want him to do. Backing up Brady or Rogers seems like a good place to land for a couple of years. As somebody else mentioned, if Chip Kelly is still around, that'd obviously be a good system for him to be in.

If you're talking about actually playing right away (which I'm not sure would be good for him), I guess any place with a good running game and good defense where he can get his feet wet as a game manager.

missouridawg
10-15-2015, 08:20 AM
Packers.. study under Rogers for a couple years...

I think it would be in Dak's best interest to find a great place to ride the pine for a few years. I know Ryan Mallet's career isn't anything to envy, in regards to playing.... but they guy has made a career out of playing football and I think a similar career path would fit Dak well. I hope he finds a spot where he doesn't have to be the guy that wins games the first few years (like RG3...) cause I don't think it will end well.

starkvegasdawg
10-15-2015, 08:29 AM
Atlanta and let Matty Ice show him the ropes.

Howboutdemdogs
10-15-2015, 09:30 AM
Saints, let him go home to LA and be a hero

msstate7
10-15-2015, 09:36 AM
Saints, let him go home to LA and be a hero

Doubt it happens. Probably depend on who the saints hire as HC after they trade Payton

TimberBeast
10-15-2015, 09:38 AM
I hope Dak makes it but there's A LOT of wishful thinking going on in this thread. Have you guys been watching our games this year?

Coach34
10-15-2015, 09:54 AM
Dak looks like a 5th round pick to the Seahawks right now

msstate7
10-15-2015, 09:57 AM

That would be a good spot for him

GreenheadDawg
10-15-2015, 10:08 AM

Yeh I don't see anybody giving up a pick for him in the first 4 rounds. We all love Dak but he has missed some must have wide open passes this year

Political Hack
10-15-2015, 10:34 AM
Carolina, Eagles, Seattle and maybe a few more could grab him late. He's going to have to have a miracle turn around and a hell of a combine to climb into the first 2-days at this point. And if you're not a first 2-day QB, you're going to drop to the latter rounds.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-15-2015, 10:36 AM
I think he's going to end up late 3rd/early 4th when it's all said & done.

War Machine Dawg
10-15-2015, 11:05 AM

Offense has been the bigger problem. If I'm being honest, the OL needs an upgrade. But not having a QB worth a damn isn't helping either. Obviously drafting Dak wouldn't make them an immediate contender, but it would solve one of the two most glaring holes. Mostly, I just want another MSU guy on the team to root for. That said, I don't think it has a chance in hell of happening. I don't think Dak fits the type of QB O'Brien prefers.

Maroonthirteen
10-15-2015, 11:09 AM
I'll repeat. The Edmonton Eskimos were at the game last week. Maybe wishful thinking on their behalf but....

Dallas_Dawg
10-15-2015, 11:13 AM
I'll repeat. The Edmonton Eskimos were at the game last week. Maybe wishful thinking on their behalf but....

They were there looking at Shumpert, Zach Jack, and Coman***

GreenheadDawg
10-15-2015, 11:16 AM
They were there looking at Shumpert, Zach Jack, and Coman***

I don't know if Jackson could make the lingerie football league

Tripp McNeely
10-15-2015, 11:41 AM
Assuming that Chip Kelly still has a job next year, I'd love to see him in that Philly offense. Also, they wouldn't have to trade an arm and a leg to get Dak in the draft like they would of had to for Mariota last year.

^^^^This...I would love to see what Kelly could do with Dak!

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-15-2015, 12:11 PM
Mullen to Canada!**

missouridawg
10-15-2015, 12:56 PM
I don't think Dak fits the type of QB O'Brien prefers.

We certainly agree here. I think the Texans are going to be in a spot in the draft order where they'll be able to take a former O'Brien QB in the first round, if they so desire.

smootness
10-15-2015, 01:39 PM

This is the correct answer. As has been said, the Saints like Grayson so that's not likely. The Eagles are a mess at QB and may use a couple picks on QBs. That would be a legitimate opportunity for him to compete immediately.