PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Bammer @ TAMU?

TUSK
10-14-2015, 09:08 PM
what's yall's take on the match up?

I don't see A&M being able to run the ball enough or stop the run at all...

msstate7
10-14-2015, 09:16 PM
I can see aTm struggling to stop bama from running. I can see bama struggling the stop aTm passing the ball.

I really don't know what to expect. I think it will be close though either way

smootness
10-14-2015, 09:17 PM
I hate both.

CadaverDawg
10-14-2015, 09:18 PM
Bama 38-21

Those defensive ends can't do much unless A&M stops the run and makes Bammer pass. They can't.

The A&M offense is overrated. Arkansas and State both held em to 31 or less, and Bama's D is better than both.

A&M hasn't played a really good team yet. Just my opinion

JDog13
10-14-2015, 09:22 PM
Bama 38-21

Those defensive ends can't do much unless A&M stops the run and makes Bammer pass. They can't.

The A&M offense is overrated. Arkansas and State both held em to 31 or less, and Bama's D is better than both.

A&M is gonna be exposed. State should have beat them. well except for our normal no 1st half defense, and our usual 1 half of no offense.

TUSK
10-14-2015, 09:24 PM
I can see aTm struggling to stop bama from running. I can see bama struggling the stop aTm passing the ball.

I really don't know what to expect. I think it will be close though either way

actually, Bammer's Pass D has been pretty good this season... especially in comparison to recent years...

Our "Achilles heel" is fuh reakin 3rd downs...

I think A&M will have to have a Monster day passing to win (unless they finish +422* in turnovers).

msstate7
10-14-2015, 09:25 PM
Bama 38-21

If (big if) aTm can get a lead, those de's can certainly play a big part in this game.

Bama has faced one good passing team (OM) this year and lost. If aTm is smart, they'll pass heavy bc that takes away the strength of bama's defense.

msstate7
10-14-2015, 09:26 PM
actually, Bammer's Pass D has been pretty good this season... especially in comparison to recent years...

Our "Achilles heel" is fuh reakin 3rd downs...

I think A&M will have to have a Monster day passing to win (unless they finish +422* in turnovers).

You've faced one good passing offense all year and lost. Granted TOs were huge in that game

Liverpooldawg
10-14-2015, 09:27 PM
I think A&M will win the game. I'm not sure Bama can slow them down enough to be able to outscore them.

TUSK
10-14-2015, 09:29 PM
You've faced one good passing offense all year and lost. Granted TOs were huge in that game

Bammer gonna have the ball 40 minutes, I hope...

msstate7
10-14-2015, 09:32 PM
Bammer gonna have the ball 40 minutes, I hope...

Unless aTm can jump on bama early by a couple scores, I think bama wins by 6-10 points. If aTm can get ahead and force bama to pass the ball, I think aTm wins.

My guess...

Bama 30
aTm 24

Tbonewannabe
10-14-2015, 09:34 PM
It is going to be interesting for Coker to face a good pass rush.

TUSK
10-14-2015, 09:38 PM
It is going to be interesting for Coker to face a good pass rush.

that's a terrific point... Bammer's OL almost got Coker killed vs Arkie...

Hopefully, they'll get their shit together... If the OL can hold their own, I feel good about our chances...

mparkerfd20
10-14-2015, 09:45 PM
Roll Tide. I'm a Bama fan until State plays them. We need them to start/continue the losses for A&M and LSU so the West winner (MSU) can have 2 losses.

I'm kinda joking but not really.

Bothrops
10-14-2015, 09:45 PM
Bama will beat them on the LOS. A&M will also lose to LSU. Their other games are winnable.

CadaverDawg
10-14-2015, 11:24 PM
MSU over La Tech
+Bama over A&M
+Florida over LSU
+Memphis over Ole Miss
=Perfect weekend

Then Bama beats LSU
LSU beats A&M
Ole Miss beats LSU
Ole Miss beats A&M
MSU beats Bama and OM
OM loses to Arkansas or Auburn

MSU wins tiebreaker over Bama to win the West and play 2 loss Kentucky in SECC

Then I wake up

Dawg61
10-15-2015, 12:09 AM
aTm at home beats shaky Bama offense this year. 21-17 aTm

TUSK
10-15-2015, 12:12 AM
aTm at home beats shaky Bama offense this year. 21-17 aTm

low scoring prediction, 61...

You think Bama will have a bunch of turnovers/play horrible or that A&M's D is legit?

Barking 13
10-15-2015, 12:13 AM
I'm only going to say this one time (ok maybe two when they play LSU) roll tide....

Dawg61
10-15-2015, 12:38 AM
low scoring prediction, 61...

You think Bama will have a bunch of turnovers/play horrible or that A&M's D is legit?

To be clear I'm not talking defense (which I think Bama is exceptional at) there's really only three areas that Bama is good to great at on offense this year. Henry up the middle, Deep bomb for a guaranteed 1-2 TDs a game (or more vs scrubs) and drawing pass interference calls. I think Sumlin is smart enough to see this. Clog the middle with fat bodies and never let a WR get past you (easier said than done). aTm has enough playmakers to bust some big plays and at home in front of that crowd I just see aTm momentum being too much for Bama to overcome this year. The chemistry isn't right with Bama this year. They actually looked very pedestrian vs Arkansas until late in that game and there's something just not quite right with their offense right now. I think that's why you saw Saban do the unthinkable and actually benched Coker vs Ole Miss at the start. Then the Kiffen shit came out. The chemistry on O is ****ed at Bama right now. How good is your defense cause you need it to carry you this year. I've been wrong plenty before though.

DownwardDawg
10-15-2015, 07:00 AM
Bama will win.

Maroonthirteen
10-15-2015, 07:51 AM
I'm not sold on ATM as a top 10 team. Bama is Bama. I think Bama has solved the QB issue. It is a close game with Bama pulling it out in the end....As usual.

FISHDAWG
10-15-2015, 08:05 AM
Fishdawg The Greek says bama by 10 .... mainly due to limiting aTm's offensive time of possession ... aTm defense is going to slowly get pushed down the field and will be worn out by 4th qtr.... aTm offense not really built for slow grinding and I can see a few more 3 & outs than in previous games

Jack Lambert
10-15-2015, 08:12 AM
The formula for beating A&M is what bama does best. Run the ball on them all day and eat up clock.

MabenMaroon
10-15-2015, 08:26 AM
Depends if the meds that the Tide are taking to combat the dreaded "Lane Kiffin Virus" are still effective for another game or does the virus mutate and the illness take another nasty turn. No known cure as of yet but if anybody can find the cure it would have to be Bama, but for now am betting on the virus. It is to major college football programs what AIDS/HIV is to humans.

msstate7
10-15-2015, 08:29 AM
The formula for beating A&M is what bama does best. Run the ball on them all day and eat up clock.

On the other side, aTm does what teams need to do to beat bama. They throw the ball and run hurry up.

I don't think aTm wins unless they get up enough to force bama to pass though. If aTm's de's get to come after Coker, watch out

TUSK
10-15-2015, 08:41 AM
On the other side, aTm does what teams need to do to beat bama. They throw the ball and run hurry up.

I don't think aTm wins unless they get up enough to force bama to pass though. If aTm's de's get to come after Coker, watch out

This is correct... That freakin' communist HUNH shit keeps our NFL bound 1-Bs and 1-Cs on the sideline...

Ban the forward pass!

Seriously, if I'm Sumlin, I'm gonna chunk it 40-50 times with 4-5 Wide Receivers... and I'm snappin' it ASAP every time...

CadaverDawg
10-15-2015, 08:45 AM
This is correct... That freakin' communist HUNH shit keeps our NFL bound 1-Bs and 1-Cs on the sideline...

Ban the forward pass!

Seriously, if I'm Sumlin, I'm gonna chunk it 40-50 times with 4-5 Wide Receivers... and I'm snappin' it ASAP every time...

If you're picking up first downs, then yes....but if you aren't, the HUNH can make you beat yourself by keeping your D on the field all day trying to stop Henry.

A&M's offense isn't nearly as good as everyone acts IMO. Not even close to the Manziel version. The Tide rolls

Liverpooldawg
10-15-2015, 08:51 AM
Time of possession when facing a team like A&M isn't everything. You still have to get stops and you need to score nearly every time you get the ball. Scoring every time is vitally important if you plan to grind it out on them.

msstate7
10-15-2015, 08:54 AM
If you're picking up first downs, then yes....but if you aren't, the HUNH can make you beat yourself by keeping your D on the field all day trying to stop Henry.

A&M's offense isn't nearly as good as everyone acts IMO. Not even close to the Manziel version. The Tide rolls

To be fair, this tide defense isn't as good as those '11-'12 teams either.

basedog
10-15-2015, 09:37 AM
Good discussion but I'd rather read about Msu not Bama or the Aggies. In saying that, Bama will win, defenses over offenses all day long in big games, you just don't see good defenses anymore.

basedog
10-15-2015, 09:38 AM
To be fair, this tide defense isn't as good as those '11-'12 teams either.

In saying that, Offenses are way better now compared to 11-12.

DancingRabbit
10-15-2015, 10:22 AM
Only chance I see for aTm is to get an early lead. Maybe Bama goes into full-blown Joey Freshwater mode on offense.

PMDawg
10-15-2015, 11:33 AM

A&M goes in dry. Ags embarrass Elephants, 38-20.

defiantdog
10-15-2015, 12:54 PM

Bama isn't the rushing team they used to be pre-Kiffin. I expect Coker to drop back a lot, and he'll get destroyed. Hopefully for Bama, he doesn't make too many Coker mistakes. Speedy is back for A&M so expect them to put the ball in the air a lot. I doubt A&M is dumb enough to try and pound the ball against Reed and Co. This is going to be a typicaly 2:30 CBS game, where both teams feel each other out for the first half then one of them takes over in the 4th quarter. I think Bama wins the turnover battle (barely..... because of Coker), and they win 34-24.

Jack Lambert
10-15-2015, 01:24 PM

The formula I gave is the one that let Arkansas almost pull it off and I think Bama's defense is a little better.

Coach 57
10-15-2015, 03:09 PM
Take it for what it's worth, I think Bama is in trouble in this game and Saban knows it. It's games like this is why Saban will cry until the day is long about tempo'd offenses.

1.) aTm is going to rattle Coker through pass rush. I think this aTm team is quicker than Bama and we'll see shades of how Mullen is going to attack their defense. I don't think Bama defends that pass that well. UM exploited weaknesses in their secondary and honestly gave Kelly time to pick them apart. Kelly is good but he's not as good as the aTm QB. And I think aTm has 3 guys as good as any WR that UM can produce.

2.) This game will come down to T.O's and who has established their teams will by the end of the 3rd. Plain and simple I see aTm giving Bama fits. Bama can't lean on the running game they've been so accustomed to having because it's just not there. Tusk, Saban will have to really soundly coach these boys on D in order to pull this one out.

TUSK
10-15-2015, 04:15 PM
Take it for what it's worth, I think Bama is in trouble in this game and Saban knows it. It's games like this is why Saban will cry until the day is long about tempo'd offenses.

1.) aTm is going to rattle Coker through pass rush. I think this aTm team is quicker than Bama and we'll see shades of how Mullen is going to attack their defense. I don't think Bama defends that pass that well. UM exploited weaknesses in their secondary and honestly gave Kelly time to pick them apart. Kelly is good but he's not as good as the aTm QB. And I think aTm has 3 guys as good as any WR that UM can produce.

2.) This game will come down to T.O's and who has established their teams will by the end of the 3rd. Plain and simple I see aTm giving Bama fits. Bama can't lean on the running game they've been so accustomed to having because it's just not there. Tusk, Saban will have to really soundly coach these boys on D in order to pull this one out.

agreed, if the Bammer 2ndary has a really good game, I don't think any thing else will matter...

Fitzpatrick is a stud at *, and Humphrey and Jackson have improved a bunch... Jones is really solid to very good...

This D isn't as good overall as '11, but it's better and/or deeper in front 7 and deeper overall, IMO...

sandwolf
10-15-2015, 04:56 PM
This D isn't as good overall as '11, but it's better and/or deeper in front 7 and deeper overall, IMO...

I don't care how deep it is, your defense this year isn't anywhere near as good as it was in 2011. That '11 defense gave up 8.2 points per game.....they were absolutely dominant. This year's D is very good, but it's not in the same galaxy as that '11 squad.

TUSK
10-15-2015, 05:14 PM
I don't care how deep it is, your defense this year isn't anywhere near as good as it was in 2011. That '11 defense gave up 8.2 points per game.....they were absolutely dominant. This year's D is very good, but it's not in the same galaxy as that '11 squad.

c'mon....

msstate7
10-15-2015, 05:17 PM
c'mon....

I think your best 2 defenses were '92 and '11. I wouldn't put this defense in a conversation with them except when it comes to stopping the run... This defense is very good there

bobcat91
10-15-2015, 05:26 PM
I like A&M in this game. Bama will not be able to stop the passing attack, even though they will control the run. I think Bama is average in the secondary and A&Ms OL will control the pass rush. A&M will cause problems for Bama's OL with their ends and Bama is average at the WR position. Bama has problems with passing spread teams. A&M is much more physical on defense this year, but still not dominant, there will be points. TAMU 38-24.

TUSK
10-15-2015, 05:58 PM
I think your best 2 defenses were '92 and '11. I wouldn't put this defense in a conversation with them except when it comes to stopping the run... This defense is very good there

09 was pretty nasty as well...

I'd have '11, '92, '09 and then consider '15 in the top half dozen or so, provided their numbers hold...

TUSK
10-15-2015, 06:01 PM
I like A&M in this game. Bama will not be able to stop the passing attack, even though they will control the run. I think Bama is average in the secondary and A&Ms OL will control the pass rush. A&M will cause problems for Bama's OL with their ends and Bama is average at the WR position. Bama has problems with passing spread teams. A&M is much more physical on defense this year, but still not dominant, there will be points. TAMU 38-24.

I thought that was concise, insightful, and well written.

you suck.*

gravedigger
10-15-2015, 07:20 PM

I see tamu struggling to run and bama struggling to finish drives with the pass. Lower scoring than expected.

Bama wins because defense wins.

TUSK
10-15-2015, 07:25 PM
I see tamu struggling to run and bama struggling to finish drives with the pass. Lower scoring than expected.

Bama wins because defense wins.

You got my frickin' sweatshirt, Jeaux Boy?!