PDA

View Full Version : Question about 247sports

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-14-2015, 10:00 AM
When someone makes a prediction is it just a guess or do they have inside information?

ShotgunDawg
10-14-2015, 10:06 AM
When someone makes a prediction is it just a guess or do they have inside information?

90% of the time, it's a just a guess, but, as we get closer to signing day, guys like Demetric Warren, Paul Jones, & Robbie can have inside information that will be indicated in in what their prediction is.

For basketball, if Jerry Meyer makes a prediction, it's inside information

If the Ole Miss guy Johnson makes a prediction, it's just a biased guess based on hope.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-14-2015, 10:10 AM

Asking about Emmit Gooden?

Ifyouonlyknew
10-14-2015, 10:19 AM
For basketball, if Jerry Meyer makes a prediction, it's inside information.

Jerry is 1 of the biggest guessers on the site. A lot of times he just CB a kid before they go on an OV & if he doesn't commit he changes to the next team. I like Jerry but he needs some help they don't have enough national guys & he's being stretched too thin.

ShotgunDawg
10-14-2015, 10:21 AM
Jerry is 1 of the biggest guessers on the site. A lot of times he just CB a kid before they go on an OV & if he doesn't commit he changes to the next team. I like Jerry but he needs some help they don't have enough national guys & he's being stretched too thin.

Gotcha, I didn't realize that. He always sounded like he had inside information

BTW, David Johnson is BY FAR the biggest guesser on the site.

CadaverDawg
10-14-2015, 10:23 AM

Why, what happened with Gooden

Ifyouonlyknew
10-14-2015, 10:29 AM
Gotcha, I didn't realize that. He always sounded like he had inside information

BTW, David Johnson is BY FAR the biggest guesser on the site.

The thing about the Crystal Ball is that it is a great idea it's just not being done properly. Being able to have unlimited opportunities to change your prediction makes it where you don't have to be as knowledgable. It should be you're able to make a maximum of 2 predictions unless a kid decommits then you're allowed 2 more. There should be points taken off for wrong guesses even if you get the final prediction correct. Guys like David will CB a kid to OM just because he visited or talked about OM to bring excitement & talk to his board even though that kid has no real interest in OM. Making that CB & then changing it should cause you to lose points even if you change it to the correct team. I also hate all the last minute predictions when a kid announces he's about to commit & word leaks out on who he's choosing. Should be a 48-72hour window before a kid commits that you can't make a prediction. Just my thoughts.

CadaverDawg
10-14-2015, 10:37 AM
The thing about the Crystal Ball is that it is a great idea it's just not being done properly. Being able to have unlimited opportunities to change your prediction makes it where you don't have to be as knowledgable. It should be you're able to make a maximum of 2 predictions unless a kid decommits then you're allowed 2 more. There should be points taken off for wrong guesses even if you get the final prediction correct. Guys like David will CB a kid to OM just because he visited or talked about OM to bring excitement & talk to his board even though that kid has no real interest in OM. Making that CB & then changing it should cause you to lose points even if you change it to the correct team. I also hate all the last minute predictions when a kid announces he's about to commit & word leaks out on who he's choosing. Should be a 48-72hour window before a kid commits that you can't make a prediction. Just my thoughts.

I totally agree. That system badly needs changing. It loses all credibility bc of people like David and others that use it for other reasons. As of now, It's like being able to change your sports bet in the 4th quarter after a game has been decided. It's called a "prediction" for a reason. People read their boards to see live updates...no need to use your Crystal Ball like a Twitter feed that changes by the day/month.

Wish they would adopt whatyou just said. Sounds much better and holds people accountable.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-14-2015, 02:00 PM

No Herard picked up a prediction from Paul Jones. He is at 50% now..Although I have heard that Gooden has visited us a lot lately

Wow...He is up to 75% now to us..the latest prediction was a Kansas insider....interesting

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-14-2015, 02:04 PM
Why, what happened with Gooden

Nothing, just 2 cb's to us recently. Figured it was about him.

GreenheadDawg
10-14-2015, 06:01 PM
Nothing, just 2 cb's to us recently. Figured it was about him.

I heard he had some grade issues. It would be nice to pick him up. He need some depth on d-line next year. Not that he would play or anything, since he's not a senior

thf24
10-15-2015, 07:59 AM
David Johnson seems to CB any recruit with an OM offer to them until information to the contrary comes out, whether they've expressed any interest in OM or not.