PDA

View Full Version : Why was Hank Flick fired ?

oldwave
10-13-2015, 06:33 PM
Sure there was a good reason, just can't recall .

archdog
10-13-2015, 07:03 PM
I think it was the ninja messing with everything he could. It was one of the few bad moves he made if I remember correctly. Hell I want Flick back. Like yesterday.

War Machine Dawg
10-13-2015, 07:09 PM
Flick fired himself. He had the option stay as the basketball PA, but told the Ninja to go to hell that he wanted to do football and hoops.

DownwardDawg
10-13-2015, 07:15 PM
Ninja did that and made the USM deal.

IMissJack
10-13-2015, 07:25 PM
Ninja did that and made the USM deal.

And ....got rid of Croom and hired Mullen.

DancingRabbit
10-13-2015, 07:26 PM
I had Hank for speech class. He was hilarious but a good prof.

Harrydawg
10-13-2015, 07:31 PM
I had Flick as well for an interviewing class, he was great. A real jewel at MSU, he is still advising today.

Glad he's still around and would love to have him back at the hump

wofat
10-13-2015, 08:00 PM
I have no clue if this is true, but I heard from someone that worked in the pressbox with him at the time and is still in the athletic department, that it was over hot dogs. I busted out laughing when he said it, but evidently Hank would grab all the hot dogs when they were sent up as snacks to the pressbox during football games and take them home to his dog. Caused quite a stink amongst the others in the pressbox, namely Jack Cristil, he would get in to roaring tirades about the hot dog hoarding. Again, no idea if there is even a shred of truth to the story, just what I was told, and I sure miss 'ol Hank at the Hump, but the hot dog deal was the reason I was given.

Spiderman
10-13-2015, 08:08 PM
Jack was Jewish. Hotdogs ain't kosher

BrunswickDawg
10-13-2015, 08:11 PM
I have no clue if this is true, but I heard from someone that worked in the pressbox with him at the time and is still in the athletic department, that it was over hot dogs. I busted out laughing when he said it, but evidently Hank would grab all the hot dogs when they were sent up as snacks to the pressbox during football games and take them home to his dog. Caused quite a stink amongst the others in the pressbox, namely Jack Cristil, he would get in to roaring tirades about the hot dog hoarding. Again, no idea if there is even a shred of truth to the story, just what I was told, and I sure miss 'ol Hank at the Hump, but the hot dog deal was the reason I was given.
So you're saying Hank actually quit because we quit getting Juicy Jumbos.***

wofat
10-13-2015, 08:18 PM
Not a clue if it was true, but the guy who told me was adamant about it. Freaking hilarious too me, funny story. No clue why it got in Jack's craw so much, but it did.

DancingRabbit
10-13-2015, 08:23 PM

Kosher hot dogs are Kosher. Not sure about Jack but some Jewish folks' diets aren't strictly Kosher.

http://www.fooducate.com/blog/wp-content/media/hebrew-national.jpg

CrookedLetta
10-13-2015, 08:26 PM
I can tell you first hand that I saw Hank with hot dogs and popcorn in his hand after the game.

shannondawg
10-13-2015, 09:02 PM
People loved him at the Hump, and hated him at Davis Wade.

BeardoMSU
10-13-2015, 09:10 PM
People loved him at the Hump, and hated him at Davis Wade.

This is true.

I wonder....what's peoples impression with Anthony Craven so far?

Dallas_Dawg
10-13-2015, 09:32 PM
Don't even pay attention to him. Probably couldn't pick his voice out of a lineup. I only attend a couple football games a year though.
Always remember flick's voice at football games though, one of those unforgettable voices

Pinto
10-13-2015, 09:35 PM
I like the new guy. Think he has brought just the right touch of life we needed. Much better than Flick at football.

Would love flick back at hump. Flick + Howland + this team = madness.

War Machine Dawg
10-13-2015, 10:06 PM
This is true.

Bland and quiet. You can't hear shit. Don't know why we invested in two massive video boards without upgrading the audio. Or if it is upgraded, the volume needs to be significantly increased.

BeardoMSU
10-13-2015, 10:09 PM
Bland and quiet. You can't hear shit. Don't know why we invested in two massive video boards without upgrading the audio. Or if it is upgraded, the volume needs to be significantly increased.

His voice doesn't bother me personally. It is a little whiny, but I guess I was sorta used to it from when I listened to Southeastern Drive Time.

BulldogBear
10-13-2015, 10:53 PM
This is true.

Every time I hear him I think of SE Drive Time. That show was where the moniker "BulldogBear" was born.

HoopsDawg
10-14-2015, 10:02 AM

Man, I agree 100%. The volume needs to be cranked up. I sit on the 45 yard line, lower deck and I can barely hear it. You want your stadium to be a party like atmosphere.

Bama_Dawg
10-14-2015, 10:10 AM
"Good-Good Afternoon Everyone and Welcome to Mississippi State University for an evening of BAS-KET-BALL, Mississippi State Style!"

Flick at the Hump is priceless.

Pinto
10-14-2015, 11:46 AM
I sit front row of upper deck and get blasted. They must not have speakers angled towards lower deck.

Bubb Rubb
10-14-2015, 12:14 PM

Jack wasn't exactly kosher himself.

gravedigger
10-14-2015, 12:55 PM
Sure there was a good reason, just can't recall .

Lost the clothespin that was attached to his nose.

Political Hack
10-14-2015, 01:02 PM
Should have offered him some stinky cups as compensation.