PDA

View Full Version : So- just to recap the Ole Missus situation

Coach34
10-13-2015, 11:35 AM
"There is no investigation- it's just a tin foil hat Elitedawg Conspiracy"
"Tunsil was just defending his Momma"
"Tunsil won't miss a game- the NCAA won't listen to Miller. He's just looking for a payday. Just another crazy tin foil hat Elitedawg Conspiracy"
"Tunsil will only miss 2 games"
"Tunsil will only miss 3 games"
"Tunsil will only miss 4 games"
"Tunsil will only miss 5 games #FreeTunsil"
"Tunsil will only miss 6 games- InsideTheIPF said its a done deal"
"Tunsil is missing 7 games- see it's all over- NCAA closed the case"

did I forget anything???

Dental Dawg
10-13-2015, 11:41 AM
Statute of limitation on Saunders stuff. Two coaches ago. They can't investigate us for anything over 5 years.

Really Clark?
10-13-2015, 11:47 AM
Statute of limitation on Saunders stuff. Two coaches ago. They can't investigate us for anything over 5 years.

Yep. Some think that is from today not when the investigation started. And the statue doesn't apply if th NCAA decides its a pattern of willful violations. They can go back as far as they want, if there is a pattern.

Bocephus
10-13-2015, 11:53 AM
I see this deal as all hands on deck to protect Freeze. People need to remember Freeze was working with Orgeron when David Saunders was the recruiting coordinator. Freeze knows who is part of the network and how it works. I believe that is the main reason OM hired him, he knew how to recruit within the system, and would do anything to help him secure the job. I Don't for one second believe Freeze isn't aware of what is going on. His self-promoted good Christian person has always bothered me. I believe a person's actions speak much louder than their self-promotions of themselves. I don't for 1 second believe the staff there now is innocent for one iota.

Really Clark?
10-13-2015, 12:00 PM
I see this deal as all hands on deck to protect Freeze. People need to remember Freeze was working with Orgeron when David Saunders was the recruiting coordinator. Freeze knows who is part of the network and how it works. I believe that is the main reason OM hired him, he knew how to recruit within the system, and would do anything to help him secure the job. I Don't for one second believe Freeze isn't aware of what is going on. His self-promoted good Christian person has always bothered me. I believe a person's actions speak much louder than their self-promotions of themselves. I don't for 1 second believe the staff there now is innocent or one iota.

Don't forget the hold overs that have been a part of multiple staffs as well.

wayneland5025
10-13-2015, 12:00 PM
"There is no investigation- it's just a tin foil hat Elitedawg Conspiracy"
"Tunsil was just defending his Momma"
"Tunsil won't miss a game- the NCAA won't listen to Miller. He's just looking for a payday. Just another crazy tin foil hat Elitedawg Conspiracy"
"Tunsil will only miss 2 games"
"Tunsil will only miss 3 games"
"Tunsil will only miss 4 games"
"Tunsil will only miss 5 games #FreeTunsil"
"Tunsil will only miss 6 games- InsideTheIPF said its a done deal"
"Tunsil is missing 7 games- see it's all over- NCAA closed the case"

did I forget anything???

You forgot all the rest of the allegations that you said the NCAA would be getting UNM for and you forgot about the ongoing 3 year investiagtion bit. The Tunsil punishment is all for stuff that happened this year. What about all the other stuff that you predicted they would be nailed for? Is that coming later?

PassInterference
10-13-2015, 12:02 PM
Has a school ever had a guy get suspended 7+ games for crootin violations, and not go on probation?

Coach34
10-13-2015, 12:07 PM
You forgot all the rest of the allegations that you said the NCAA would be getting UNM for and you forgot about the ongoing 3 year investiagtion bit. The Tunsil punishment is all for stuff that happened this year. What about all the other stuff that you predicted they would be nailed for? Is that coming later?

The NCAA has not finished their investigation nor made anything known as of yet. All they did was rule on Tunsil's eligibility. That's it.

Coach34
10-13-2015, 12:08 PM
Has a school ever had a guy get suspended 7+ games for crootin violations, and not go on probation?

Ohio State's guys missed 5 games for Booster-related infractions. So this is probably worse

missouridawg
10-13-2015, 12:17 PM
Tee Shephard can't hear on the road.

MedDawg
10-13-2015, 12:23 PM

Really Clark?
10-13-2015, 12:24 PM

Well for two years it was just a conspiracy from us that they were even being investigated. It's been proven that several who were telling people that the NCAA was investigating them for two years prior was 100% correct.

Coach34
10-13-2015, 12:26 PM
Well for two years it was just a conspiracy from us that they were even being investigated. It's been proven that several who were telling people that the NCAA was investigating them for two years prior was 100% correct.

yeahhhhhh- nobody wants to acknowledge how significant that is now

Really Clark?
10-13-2015, 12:31 PM
Would be interesting to see if ANY Freeze recruits took their ACT in Wayne County (but didn't live there). JUST taking the ACT there is probably evidence enough for the NCAA to be an infraction. There's no legit reason for recruits to take their ACT in a random but specific town where they don't live.

I think that is part of why they wanted to be at the interviews. At least to go over Saunders time at UNM and that possibility. Obviously, any information they learned about that would not be in the ULL response since it doesn't have anything to do with them. But it is very clear they were there during the interviews. Once they knew that that location was a problem they had better looked in depth at their recruits and signee's over the years and see how many qualified from that site.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-13-2015, 12:37 PM
I see this deal as all hands on deck to protect Freeze. People need to remember Freeze was working with Orgeron when David Saunders was the recruiting coordinator. Freeze knows who is part of the network and how it works. I believe that is the main reason OM hired him, he knew how to recruit within the system, and would do anything to help him secure the job. I Don't for one second believe Freeze isn't aware of what is going on. His self-promoted good Christian person has always bothered me. I believe a person's actions speak much louder than their self-promotions of themselves. I don't for 1 second believe the staff there now is innocent or one iota.

From 2006:
# Tight ends coach Hugh Freeze, who at the time was director of football operations and did not have recruiting responsibilities, participated in telephone calls with four Memphis-area prospects between Oct. 30 and Nov. 13. The players were declared ineligible on Nov. 29 and reinstated by the NCAA Jan. 24.

Really Clark?
10-13-2015, 12:38 PM
yeahhhhhh- nobody wants to acknowledge how significant that is now

Or that fact it's getting late in the game and if we were keeping score vs what their insiders were spreading for the last 3 years, I think our lead keeps getting bigger and bigger. Heck, several people were asking who Saunders even was last week when he was pointed out as someone with ties that could bite them. Now you and I know it wasn't just a coincidence, and some Im sure dismissed what was posted. Now it's all over the state papers. CL pulling up the rear with their "insiders" again.

Coach34
10-13-2015, 12:42 PM
Or that fact it's getting late in the game and if we were keeping score vs what their insiders were spreading for the last 3 years, I think our lead keeps getting bigger and bigger. Heck, several people were asking who Saunders even was last week when he was pointed out as someone with ties that could bite them. Now you and I know it wasn't just a coincidence, and some Im sure dismissed what was posted. Now it's all over the state papers. CL pulling up the rear with their "insiders" again.

Cmon Mane- Saunders being brought up here last week was purely coincidence. Just like Freezus announcing Conner would miss the rest of the season for a meniscus injury the day after I mention the NCAA is looking at him. We don't know nuttin mane

Really Clark?
10-13-2015, 12:54 PM
Cmon Mane- Saunders being brought up here last week was purely coincidence. Just like Freezus announcing Conner would miss the rest of the season for a meniscus injury the day after I mention the NCAA is looking at him. We don't know nuttin mane

Well we are just conspiracy theorist on here. Of course if you look at the trail of bodies this year, talk about coincidences. Tunsil, Hampton, CJ, Conner, Tee, etc

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-13-2015, 01:13 PM
Let's not forget Carlos Davis and that his ACT score was canceled after "score variations"...http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/07/09/ole-miss-no-penalties-expected-after-playing-ineligible-player-in-2012/2503351/

mstatefan91
10-13-2015, 01:19 PM

My troll senses are tingling..

PassInterference
10-13-2015, 01:35 PM
Let's not forget Carlos Davis and that his ACT score was canceled after "score variations"...http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/07/09/ole-miss-no-penalties-expected-after-playing-ineligible-player-in-2012/2503351/

The money quote:

The University respectfully submits that this occurrence was isolated and inadvertent, did not result in any recruiting or competitive advantage and is not indicative of any pattern of conduct with any of the University sport programs or the Athletics Department overall,

Well that turned out to be false. This looks systematic instead of isolated.

Shirley, the NCAA will notice this pattern as well as the mistatements made by the Universit-ah to the NCAA as quoted above.

But, but, but Ole Miss didn't know.... Well, then they shouldn't have made broad claims that it was isolated if they had no knowledgebase to make such a claim.

How ya like them apples?

Really Clark?
10-13-2015, 01:49 PM

And that was before allegations came to light at ULL in Dec of 2013. On Dec 16, 2013 ULL enforcement staff and legal counsel for UNM meet with Saunders and an athlete pertaining to violations incurred while at UNM. The first interview coincides with ULL but is also about UNM. The player reported that Saunders somehow affected his ACT score and he believed Saunders similarly affected ACT scores for ULL players. Feb 19, 2014, ULL and UNM counsel met with the administrator for the exams taken at Wayne County High School. The relationship between Saunders and the exam administrator was disclosed to date back to 2005. Feb 25, 2014 Saunders interviewed a second time. Saunders refused any additional interviews and would not release to the ACT to disclose payment records bearing his name to student athletes identified in the investigation.

That's a 8 year span of Saunders and Crager being in contact with numerous student athletes. Are there irregularities for the times he wasn't at UNM? If that is shown that they continued the process of getting players qualified then that is a pattern spanning different coaches and athletic directors. Now you have the women's basketball who we already know is guilty of violations. Those violations are recruiting and ACADEMIC misconduct. What was the nature of the academic misconduct? It very well may be something totally unrelated. But if it for the same type of thing...then you have pattern inside the athletic department and it's not just Saunders being rouge.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-13-2015, 01:58 PM
And that was before allegations came to light at ULL in Dec of 2013. On Dec 16, 2013 ULL enforcement staff and legal counsel for UNM meet with Saunders and an athlete pertaining to violations incurred while at UNM. The first interview coincides with ULL but is also about UNM. The player reported that Saunders somehow affected his ACT score and he believed Saunders similarly affected ACT scores for ULL players. Feb 19, 2014, ULL and UNM counsel met with the administrator for the exams taken at Wayne County High School. The relationship between Saunders and the exam administrator was disclosed to date back to 2005. Feb 25, 2014 Saunders interviewed a second time. Saunders refused any additional interviews and would not release to the ACT to disclose payment records bearing his name to student athletes identified in the investigation.

That's a 8 year span of Saunders and Crager being in contact with numerous student athletes. Are there irregularities for the times he wasn't at UNM? If that is shown that they continued the process of getting players qualified then that is a pattern spanning different coaches and athletic directors. Now you have the women's basketball who we already know is guilty of violations. Those violations are recruiting and ACADEMIC misconduct. What was the nature of the academic misconduct? It very well may be something totally unrelated. But if it for the same type of thing...then you have pattern inside the athletic department and it's not just Saunders being rouge.

Also, add in the Chris Jones interview from August 2013: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jeremy-fowler/23107822/source-ncaa-questions-mississippi-state-de-chris-jones-on-ole-miss-recruitment

I found this interesting: Mississippi State expects Jones' eligibility to remain intact as long as it is determined he cooperated with the NCAA. Bylaw 10.1, which outlines what the NCAA considers unethical conduct by prospective or enrolled student-athletes, includes “refusal to furnish information relevant to an investigation of a possible violation of an NCAA regulation when requested to do so by the NCAA or the individual's institution.”

Really Clark?
10-13-2015, 02:37 PM
Also, add in the Chris Jones interview from August 2013: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jeremy-fowler/23107822/source-ncaa-questions-mississippi-state-de-chris-jones-on-ole-miss-recruitment

I found this interesting: Mississippi State expects Jones' eligibility to remain intact as long as it is determined he cooperated with the NCAA. Bylaw 10.1, which outlines what the NCAA considers unethical conduct by prospective or enrolled student-athletes, includes “refusal to furnish information relevant to an investigation of a possible violation of an NCAA regulation when requested to do so by the NCAA or the individual's institution.”

That's right. And for people still thinking that this is done and all that there will be. Remember they fired the woman's basketball coach and two assistants in Oct 2012 and that they may self impose penalties as part of its ongoing investigation and could be in addition to penalties that the NCAA hands down. Bjork in a statement in 2012 said "There'll be a formal notice of allegations from the NCAA that will come to us when the investigation is completed and then there'll be a process through the committee on infractions or there could be another process that we could go through. And those things are yet to be determined." It's been three years since that time. Where is the notice of allegations? That was in Oct 2012 and last Oct the report that both programs are under investigation. A year later and still no notice of allegations with the women's basketball program. It's obvious it is tied with the football program or else why 3 years since firing the coach and two assistants.

Why did the track coach resign suddenly this summer for "the best interests of the university and my own interests." He was a 1993 UNM grad and from Pontotoc. I don't know but it sure looks like the NCAA is looking to stack these violations together.

MedDawg
10-13-2015, 02:57 PM

TrapGame
10-13-2015, 02:57 PM
I want the NCAA to just disband the entire athletic department at UNM to prove a point.

DancingRabbit
10-13-2015, 03:19 PM
So did Pete Boone discover the ACT shenanigans, tried to shut it down and then was Blevin-ed?

Really Clark?
10-13-2015, 03:28 PM
So did Pete Boone discover the ACT shenanigans, tried to shut it down and then was Blevin-ed?

I don't know. Several UNM people didn't like the way Boone handled the Saunders deal and thought he should have stayed out of the way of the "process". Would be surprised if any of them had any pull to even get the wheels rolling. But there were those disgruntled about how that played out and the lawsuit from Saunders.

I do want to add, I couldn't remember earlier but with the women's basketball, two JUCO transfers were ruled ineligible. Now why exactly, recruiting...academic...both, I don't know. But they were dismissed around the same time I believe the coaches were.

HailState39110
10-13-2015, 03:43 PM
And that was before allegations came to light at ULL in Dec of 2013. On Dec 16, 2013 ULL enforcement staff and legal counsel for UNM meet with Saunders and an athlete pertaining to violations incurred while at UNM. The first interview coincides with ULL but is also about UNM. The player reported that Saunders somehow affected his ACT score and he believed Saunders similarly affected ACT scores for ULL players. Feb 19, 2014, ULL and UNM counsel met with the administrator for the exams taken at Wayne County High School.

Tig Barksdale played at both ULL and OM and has the south Panola tie?

Snoop Brasell was another kid that was a head scratcher on how he got into school. If you remember Snoop was brefily committed to MSU. Our coaches and guys like Rocky Felker told a lot of people they didn't k ow how Snoop would be able to get in . Once he flipped to OM it wasn't a problem

Coach34
10-13-2015, 03:47 PM
Brassell is also rumored to be part of the Waynesboro ACT stuff. Guess we will see

Really Clark?
10-13-2015, 03:58 PM

Snoop Brasell was another kid that was a head scratcher on how he got into school. If you remember Snoop was brefily committed to MSU. Our coaches and guys like Rocky Felker told a lot of people they didn't k ow how Snoop would be able to get in . Once he flipped to OM it wasn't a problem

Tig was suspended for the whole spring in 2010 while at UNM. Transferred to Jacksonville State then to ULL. He actually went to Hargrave for a year as well. He joined UNM in 2009 but had to sit out for unspecified reasons. He was supposedly eligible and he did have a bunch of issues, but makes you wonder why he had to sit immediately if he was eligible.

Todd4State
10-13-2015, 05:12 PM

I still think in this case the link to ULL is most likely Qyen Griffen- who played RB at South Panola and then LB for ULL. Tig is possible too- and more than likely involved in some way as well.

notsofarawaydawg
10-14-2015, 01:38 AM
Would be interesting to see if ANY Freeze recruits OR THEIR SUBSTITUTE TEST TAKERS took their ACT in Wayne County (but didn't live there). JUST taking the ACT there is probably evidence enough for the NCAA to be an infraction. There's no legit reason for recruits to take their ACT in a random but specific town where they don't live.

FIFY