PDA

View Full Version : Keep this on the forefront about Tunsil

Coach34
10-13-2015, 07:52 AM
He is missing 7 games for a reason.
All the NCAA did was rule on his eligibility. They didn't clear him or Ole Missus of anything. They didn't release any findings. But you don't let a player sit 7 games for nothing.

When they finish their investigation of everything- then they will release their findings and recommend punishment to the University

Jack Lambert
10-13-2015, 08:04 AM
Your right. This Tunsil thing is just a side product in the entire three year investigation. This will be factored in and I think the ACT scores are going to kill Ole Miss. I really think they will lose Scholarships, one year bowl band and probation. Ole Miss know its coming and is going to do everything they can to keep it from hurting their 2016 recruiting class.

PassInterference
10-13-2015, 08:04 AM
We need to send Riley Blevins a love offering.

thf24
10-13-2015, 08:07 AM
Is a one (or more) year TV ban too much to hope for? I think that would be the sweetest thing to watch their fanbase react to, and carry heavy weight with the type of players they recruit.

starkvegasdawg
10-13-2015, 08:08 AM
Care to venture a guess on a timetable?

Liverpooldawg
10-13-2015, 08:09 AM
The NCAA doesn't do TV bans anymore.

Jack Lambert
10-13-2015, 08:09 AM
Is a one (or more) year TV ban too much to hope for? I think that would be the sweetest thing to watch their fanbase react to, and carry heavy weight with the type of players they recruit.

They don't do that one anymore. Too much money involved if they lose a big market team for a year.

thf24
10-13-2015, 08:14 AM
The NCAA doesn't do TV bans anymore.

They don't do that one anymore. Too much money involved if they lose a big market team for a year.

Ah, that's too bad.

Coach34
10-13-2015, 08:19 AM
Care to venture a guess on a timetable?

No clue. Hell, they are still compiling info on Conner, Brassell, and others getting their ACT taken for them

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-13-2015, 08:19 AM
One of the things on the Tunsil list is an airplane ticket and I'm curious if he was one of the players that flew to their bowl game a few years back. I don't remember the exact details, but they were flying home from an all-star event and stopped to see the bowl game. Anyone know what players were at the bowl game?

Coach34
10-13-2015, 08:20 AM
No- this was a Tunsil trip to South Beach.

msstate7
10-13-2015, 08:24 AM
OM press release doesn't mention agents as the source of the benefits. Makes me wonder why they didn't... Could it be that boosters were the culprit?

Coach34
10-13-2015, 08:31 AM
OM press release doesn't mention agents as the source of the benefits. Makes me wonder why they didn't... Could it be that boosters were the culprit?

yes- I thought this was obvious ?

PassInterference
10-13-2015, 08:35 AM
And one of the boosters involved is also one of the school's corporate sponsors. I wonder if Ole Miss will disassociate him. Probably not.

Nobody beats a Cannon deal, nobody!

PassInterference
10-13-2015, 09:16 AM
Another point....the NCAA says a friend of Tunsil's teammate bought Tunsil an airplane ticket. Who was this teammate and what's the likelihood that the teammate was also given a ticket?

And who got the 5-stars from the 2013 class from the AA game in Florida to Ole Miss's Birmingham bowl in Alabama the next day? There were there on the sidelines. Was it Ole Miss's private jet which flew to the AA game location to visit those recruits the day before the Birmingham Bowl game? I'd think not. But that would have been a good opportunity to deliver airplane tickets.

deltadawg99
10-13-2015, 09:21 AM
Has he been practicing with the team or working out?

If he hasn't been practicing then he is going to be rusty and could struggle early on. Especially against A&Ms DEs

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-13-2015, 09:26 AM
Has he been practicing with the team or working out?

If he hasn't been practicing then he is going to be rusty and could struggle early on. Especially against A&Ms DEs

They say he's been out at practice, but hasn't been getting many reps at O-Line. This past week they started giving him reps with the 2nd unit.

SheltonChoked
10-13-2015, 02:10 PM
Since when is Oxford/Batesville a big market?

I'd be glad to take an extra share of the sec network money. According to Bruiser, they don't need media anymore anyway.

bulldogcountry1
10-13-2015, 03:46 PM
I love how UM fans are calling for a UF forfeit of their game in the face of all this.

Really Clark?
10-13-2015, 04:16 PM
I love how UM fans are calling for a UF forfeit of their game in the face of all this.

Do they understand that you don't forfeit any more. You vacate wins but their loss stays a loss. It won't change even in the record books 10 years from now.