PDA

View Full Version : Per Yancy Porter regarding Tony Conner

Jacksondevildog
10-12-2015, 07:52 PM
He posted that Freeze said on rebel yell hotline tonight that Tony Conner could be out for the year. Tough break for the Bears if true.

Harrydawg
10-12-2015, 07:56 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if he was questionable due to findings and not injury........nothing would shock me

starkvegasdawg
10-12-2015, 07:57 PM
Tunsilitis damn contagious.

Leroy Jenkins
10-12-2015, 08:00 PM
Why come back for the last 5 weeks and risk getting hurt again? Prep for combine... easy decision.

msstate7
10-12-2015, 08:01 PM
Hopefully he's good to go for the bowl game and gets drafted in the 1st round. Kid's a hell of a football player

Jacksondevildog
10-12-2015, 08:01 PM
He posted that Freeze said that he expected Conner back at Ole Miss next year. I can see that. Treadwell, Nkemdiche and Tunsil will be gone for sure.
Why come back for the last 5 weeks and risk getting hurt again? Prep for combine... easy decision.

Coach34
10-12-2015, 08:03 PM
He posted that Freeze said on rebel yell hotline tonight that Tony Conner could be out for the year. Tough break for the Bears if true.

So let me get this straight:

One day after I-C34- posted that the NCAA is looking into Conner's testing and it comes to light Saunders has been squealing to the NCAA- suddenly the guy that was supposed to be out 4 weeks is now looking at being out all season??????

#ElitedawgConspiracy

mic
10-12-2015, 08:04 PM
Kid never wanted to go there in the first place....
Hope he has a long sucessful pro career...

Coach34
10-12-2015, 08:04 PM
He posted that Freeze said that he expected Conner back at Ole Miss next year. I can see that. Treadwell, Nkemdiche and Tunsil will be gone for sure.

Conner is gone if the NCAA has what I've heard they have

Bothrops
10-12-2015, 08:07 PM
No way all these guys are hurt all the sudden.

Leroy Jenkins
10-12-2015, 08:07 PM

If Conner is unaffected by his injury he a 2nd rounder at worst.

Todd4State
10-12-2015, 08:11 PM
If Conner is unaffected by his injury he a 2nd rounder at worst.

That's the key- how bad his injury is. Of course if the Elitedawgs conspiracy** is true he may not have a choice but to leave.

AlSwearengen
10-12-2015, 08:12 PM
Didn't Connor fail the state test?

Todd4State
10-12-2015, 08:14 PM

I do know that he didn't graduate with his class.

msstate7
10-12-2015, 08:14 PM

He did really well on the act though**

BeardoMSU
10-12-2015, 08:17 PM
if the NCAA has what I've heard they have

And what would that be?*?*?***

http://media.giphy.com/media/PHzlhHB9Z0AFi/giphy.gif

Coach34
10-12-2015, 08:19 PM
Conner didnt take his ACT- he had a sub

maroonmania
10-12-2015, 08:29 PM
Conner didnt take his ACT- he had a sub

Well maybe he had a migraine and was just unable to perform mentally that day.

Goldendawg
10-12-2015, 08:33 PM
Coach 34, I hope that you are right. I'm still mad about our forfeit of 17(?) games over a discount on clothes for L. Gillard and the witch hunt of Jackie. I want nothing less than a lack of institutional control, show cause, loss of scholarships, no bowls(heck, I don't ever want them bowl eligible anyway), and other deserved sanctions. They have never had any love for us, why should we feel any different?

drummerdawg
10-12-2015, 08:45 PM
Coach 34, I hope that you are right. I'm still mad about our forfeit of 17(?) games over a discount on clothes for L. Gillard and the witch hunt of Jackie. I want nothing less than a lack of institutional control, show cause, loss of scholarships, no bowls(heck, I don't ever want them bowl eligible anyway), and other deserved sanctions. They have never had any love for us, why should we feel any different?

I do wish our athletic department would recognize the on field results instead of factoring in those forfeits when showing our head to head records.

Okrastar1
10-12-2015, 08:47 PM

This X 1,000,000,000

Okrastar1
10-12-2015, 08:50 PM
There is truly no penalty too harsh for those pricks! I wanna see them runnin around throwing up a f'in fin when they are 3-9 battling delta state for state supremacy!

Rick Danko
10-12-2015, 08:51 PM
I gotta say, at this point there are some definite reputations of alleged connections being laid out on the line.

If nothing comes of all this, I believe this board may meltdown completely.

I must say tho, this has been an entertaining few weeks reading all these rumors and I'm interested to see the final verdicts to see if anything comes of all this.

CadaverDawg
10-12-2015, 08:56 PM
Rumor that DJ Jones also injured for this weekend. Someone get some Tussin up to Oxford....Tunsilitis spreadin like the plague

msstate7
10-12-2015, 08:59 PM
Rumor that DJ Jones also injured for this weekend. Someone get some Tussin up to Oxford....Tunsilitis spreadin like the plague

aTm is gonna be a handful for that depleted OM defense

FISHDAWG
10-13-2015, 08:11 AM
Kid never wanted to go there in the first place....
Hope he has a long sucessful pro career...

I could be wrong but what I remembered of Conners recruitment was that he never played us and always said he was an OM lean ... the guy was straight up with us ... now, I'm not saying why he was an OM lean but didn't he come out of S Panola ?... at any rate he was no CJ Johnson kind of thing - If he's hurt I hate it for him ... if this is Network related then I don't

Johnson85
10-13-2015, 08:24 AM
I could be wrong but what I remembered of Conners recruitment was that he never played us and always said he was an OM lean ... the guy was straight up with us ... now, I'm not saying why he was an OM lean but didn't he come out of S Panola ?... at any rate he was no CJ Johnson kind of thing - If he's hurt I hate it for him ... if this is Network related then I don't

As far as I can tell, Conners has been a professional. His recruiting was pretty low drama, and then he showed up at UM and lived up to his hype while staying out of trouble.

Coach34
10-13-2015, 08:34 AM
As far as I can tell, Conners has been a professional. His recruiting was pretty low drama, and then he showed up at UM and lived up to his hype while staying out of trouble.

Conner's problem is the ACT that someone took for him- not booster benefits

The lady in Waynesboro help them on 10-12 recruits and she got paid well for it

starkvegasdawg
10-13-2015, 08:40 AM
I was just discussing this taking of the ACT with another board member and got to wondering how do you prove someone took the ACT for someone else without either Connor saying he didn't take it himself (highly unlikely), the person taking the test saying they took it (possible), or the proctor saying that was not Connor that took it (possible)? It's been forever since I took the ACT so I don't remember if there was anything you have to sign the day of the test for them to do a signature match on.

Coach34
10-13-2015, 08:43 AM
Saunders got busted. He was the one setting these things up for OM and ULL. He admitted to it

Jack Lambert
10-13-2015, 08:45 AM
So let me get this straight:

One day after I-C34- posted that the NCAA is looking into Conner's testing and it comes to light Saunders has been squealing to the NCAA- suddenly the guy that was supposed to be out 4 weeks is now looking at being out all season??????

#ElitedawgConspiracy

Like I said in another thread, those dick beaters are going to do every thing they can to keep it from hurting their 2016 class.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-13-2015, 08:46 AM
The lady in Waynesboro help them on 10-12 recruits and she got paid well for it

Is this lady the same one that tutored Jerrell Powe? https://books.google.com/books?id=-ykqBQAAQBAJ&pg=PT186&lpg=PT186&dq=Ginny+Crager&source=bl&ots=v8n8djxyJS&sig=IivklJhqTCa-1vzgk4kd3arn8MQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CF4Q6AEwD2oVChMI-9vSjcq_yAIVSKceCh2DGAWi#v=onepage&q=Ginny%20Crager&f=false

Really Clark?
10-13-2015, 08:51 AM
I was just discussing this taking of the ACT with another board member and got to wondering how do you prove someone took the ACT for someone else without either Connor saying he didn't take it himself (highly unlikely), the person taking the test saying they took it (possible), or the proctor saying that was not Connor that took it (possible)? It's been forever since I took the ACT so I don't remember if there was anything you have to sign the day of the test for them to do a signature match on.

In the findings with the ULL and Saunders violations, the biggest glaring telltale sign was the eraser and changing of answers. On one test they counted the changing of 108 answers I believe out of the 200 something questions. The percentage that got changed to correct answers was highly improbable. They also noticed the change of like answers (like answering C down a column or always marking C for guesses, etc) to correct answers highly improbable. In this particular case you did have atheletes disclosing impropriety or some just being surprised that they passed when they knew they didn't prepare or felt like they just guessed and I think maybe one said he left several answers blank??? I may be wrong on that. You did have one athelete state he saw her pull his exam answer sheet out after he was through and it was turned in (he used the restroom and saw her when he peaked back in the room) and was checking his answers right then.

As far as taking the test for someone else, that is harder if there is no baseline test prior. I do know they will flag a score that jumps much higher than the ACT would expect. (Actually happened to someone I knew and they were not an athlete). The person taking the test should be able to prove that they are who they say but this has been going on for years. When in high school was playing ball with an athlete that was "taking" his ACT at the exact same time we were playing. Different time and all that. But once a location gets flagged then all of the testing should have been looked at closer. What I found disheartening was the fact it took the NCAA and mostly ULL to uncover a lot of this and the ACT was clueless and had to be directed to act in some of this until they were convinced there was an issue it seemed.

Coach34
10-13-2015, 08:51 AM
Yep

msstate7
10-13-2015, 08:54 AM
In the findings with the ULL and Saunders violations, the biggest glaring telltale sign was the eraser and changing of answers. On one test they counted the changing of 108 answers I believe out of the 200 something questions. The percentage that got changed to correct answers was highly improbable. They also noticed the change of like answers (like answering C down a column or always marking C for guesses, etc) to correct answers highly improbable. In this particular case you did have atheletes disclosing impropriety or some just being surprised that they passed when they knew they didn't prepare or felt like they just guessed and I think maybe one said he left several answers blank??? I may be wrong on that. You did have one athelete state he saw her pull his exam answer sheet out after he was through and it was turned in (he used the restroom and saw her when he peaked back in the room) and was checking his answers right then.

Could she face fraud charges for doing this?

Really Clark?
10-13-2015, 08:59 AM

I guess. Fraud and bribery maybe but I guess the ACT would have to press those charges wouldn't they?

PassInterference
10-13-2015, 09:04 AM
Alex, I'll take income tax evasion for $1,000.

Really Clark?
10-13-2015, 09:07 AM
Alex, I'll take income tax evasion for $1,000.

Ha. Yeah I wasn't even thinking down that road. That's usually what nails people and gets the Feds involved, isn't it.

Coach34
10-13-2015, 09:11 AM
And why she has lawyered up.

Its simply a matter of what the NCAA can prove or what Saunders told them at this point

CadaverDawg
10-13-2015, 09:14 AM
Just the fact that OM can't use Wayne County for their test fixing anymore should hurt them some...correct?

Really Clark?
10-13-2015, 09:22 AM
And why she has lawyered up.

Its simply a matter of what the NCAA can prove or what Saunders told them at this point

True. And it is already been proven and acknowledged by ULL, NCAA, and the ACT testing of improprieties at that facility, with her and Saunders. And to top it off, while UNM representatives were there during these interviews and such and questions raised about Saunders while at UNM and the recruits that tested at that facility that signed with UNM.

Wayne County has distanced themselves from all this and probably didn't really know about this or its not something that can be proven. But were they one of the first to get the new turf with the Cellular South deal that Saunders was also in charge of? Maybe nothing to it but maybe they benefitted. Although several schools got that over time I believe.

Bubb Rubb
10-13-2015, 09:29 AM

Conner was a Bama lean for most of his recruitment. Bama backed off when grade issues became apparent. Ole Miss was the only school that could get him eligible. Conner is a good kid and a great player, and will play on Sundays, but there are definitely legitimate questions around his eligibility.

starkvegasdawg
10-13-2015, 09:44 AM
Just the fact that OM can't use Wayne County for their test fixing anymore should hurt them some...correct?

They probably have a 1B testing site.

t45fixer
10-13-2015, 09:56 AM
All the improvements done at Wayne County are from the oil money they receive. It's a non renewable resource so they can't touch the principle just interest. And that principle is at about 40 million.

Really Clark?
10-13-2015, 10:10 AM
All the improvements done at Wayne County are from the oil money they receive. It's a non renewable resource so they can't touch the principle just interest. And that principle is at about 40 million.

Yeah but I'm talking about the field turf. Wasn't that done by or in conjunction with the Cellular South football deal they had a few years ago? Maybe with the Yall vs Us series that fox sports ran and Cellular South arranged and was the big sponsor for that. Wasn't Saunders in charge during that time and helped spearhead that?

t45fixer
10-13-2015, 10:13 AM
No they paid it by all the oil well money. The same money this proposition 42 wants to take from them. Vote NO

t45fixer
10-13-2015, 10:20 AM
Gotten a lot of people upset. Athletic budget goes up but education has been at a standstill

AlSwearengen
10-13-2015, 10:23 AM
True. And it is already been proven and acknowledged by ULL, NCAA, and the ACT testing of improprieties at that facility, with her and Saunders. And to top it off, while UNM representatives were there during these interviews and such and questions raised about Saunders while at UNM and the recruits that tested at that facility that signed with UNM.

Wayne County has distanced themselves from all this and probably didn't really know about this or its not something that can be proven. But were they one of the first to get the new turf with the Cellular South deal that Saunders was also in charge of? Maybe nothing to it but maybe they benefitted. Although several schools got that over time I believe.

Of all the shady people that I know, Waynesboro is home to the vast majority of them. I don't know what it is about that place, but you have to keep an eye on them.

AlSwearengen
10-13-2015, 10:26 AM
Conner was a Bama lean for most of his recruitment. Bama backed off when grade issues became apparent. Ole Miss was the only school that could get him eligible. Conner is a good kid and a great player, and will play on Sundays, but there are definitely legitimate questions around his eligibility.

I seem to remember hearing that Saban (or someone representing his staff) supposedly started throwing a fit to the ncaa when Conner became eligible at olemiss.

Jack Lambert
10-13-2015, 10:30 AM
No they paid it by all the oil well money. The same money this proposition 42 wants to take from them. Vote NO

But with proposition 42 every Hinds county schools including JPS will get a lot of money. Everyone else will get the bend over without the jell and reach around.

HancockCountyDog
10-13-2015, 10:30 AM
Guys - be careful here. The lady has been identified. I know a poster on here that got in real world trouble by throwing around allegations around a person that is just flat out awful. I know nothing about the wayne county lady other than what I have read on twitter and on here, but be very careful what you type.

Things can get real in a hurry.

Really Clark?
10-13-2015, 11:08 AM
Guys - be careful here. The lady has been identified. I know a poster on here that got in real world trouble by throwing around allegations around a person that is just flat out awful. I know nothing about the wayne county lady other than what I have read on twitter and on here, but be very careful what you type.

I don't think anyone has said anything about her that wasn't in the ULL response and available for all to read. I may have missed something though.

Jack Lambert
10-13-2015, 11:14 AM

I tell what will get real in a hurry, going to Parchmen. I hear they serve hot dogs cut up in small pieces in the women’s camp. I think I know why.

t45fixer
10-13-2015, 11:52 AM
I know her. She's little older than me. The only way she's doing all that is claimed is for money.

sandwolf
10-13-2015, 05:04 PM

I'm no lawyer, but I would definitely think she could.

msstate7
10-13-2015, 05:08 PM
I'm no lawyer, but I would definitely think she could.

The reason I ask is bc if she was charged then her statements to police would be public record, right? That would give the NCAA their subpoena power. I know I'm dreaming...

Bocephus
10-13-2015, 08:17 PM
The proctor would have been hand picked as well to pull this off. I have administered and proctored the ACT and there is no way to pull that off without asst from the proctor.

Schultzy
10-13-2015, 08:32 PM
What is the proctor in terms of the ACT and what does he do?

BrunswickDawg
10-13-2015, 08:45 PM
What is the proctor in terms of the ACT and what does he do?
Proctors hand out the tests and watch the room to make sure rules are followed and everything is on the up and up. And if you are in charge of coordinating the testing site, you place the proctors in which room. if they keep an overflow room for "stand by" kids, you could easily insure that a hand picked proctor handles a certain group. A coordinator of a testing center could, hypothetically, overlook people with improper IDs when they checked in to take the test, or could open certain tests after completion and alter them.

Google the Atlanta Public Schools testing scandal and you can learn a lot about how mass cheating can be pulled off.

jbjones
10-13-2015, 08:59 PM
...Google the Atlanta Public Schools testing scandal and you can learn a lot about how mass cheating can be pulled off.

Soooo...you're saying it takes a group of folks...all communicating together....some sort of a network?

State82
10-13-2015, 09:09 PM
Soooo...you're saying it takes a group of folks...all communicating together....some sort of a network?

Nice

BrunswickDawg
10-13-2015, 09:18 PM
A network? Where have I heard that term used before???***

Although, it might just be The Plan.