PDA

View Full Version : I dont understand the NCAA sometimes

Leroy Jenkins
10-12-2015, 02:47 PM
You suspend Grier for a year for taking some OTC stuff you can buy at any supplement store (thats the report anyway)..... but Lil Nkem can take bong hits and nothing. One of these things are totally legal.. one is not.

defiantdog
10-12-2015, 03:08 PM
You suspend Grier for a year for taking some OTC stuff you can buy at any supplement store (thats the report anyway)..... but Lil Nkem can take bong hits and nothing. One of these things are totally legal.. one is not.

One is considered a performance enhancer (Ligandrol) and one is a recreational drug that can be masked in a drug test.

missouridawg
10-12-2015, 03:09 PM
One is considered a performance enhancer (Ligandrol) and one is a recreational drug that can be masked in a drug test.

What OTC supplement is Ligandrol found in?

mstatefan91
10-12-2015, 03:14 PM

There's no telling (assuming he is telling the truth) because the FDA does not regulate the supplement industry. Whatever company/supplement he points the finger at is about to be under full investigation.

Leroy Jenkins
10-12-2015, 03:16 PM

Wrong twice. Ligandrol was not the subance. Recreational drugs cannot be "masked" on these types of tests.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-12-2015, 03:16 PM

its being stated that it was not Ligandrol

mstatefan91
10-12-2015, 03:17 PM
Wrong twice. Ligandrol was not the subance. Recreational drugs cannot be "masked" on these types of tests.

Ligandrol is the substance that is being reported...

defiantdog
10-12-2015, 03:17 PM

It's definitely not OTC. It's a drug that was first used with cancer patients to help with muscle deterioration. It's an androgen receptor modulator that is supposed to be cleaner than your typical anabolic steroid. Ligandrol is also a pill that doesn't effect your liver or balls as much when used in excess compared to most anabolic steroids. Sounds like Grier was built like a toothpick and needed to put on some muscle fast.

mstatefan91
10-12-2015, 03:19 PM
Let's just say that the supplement industry has been known to include some less than legal stuff in their formulations in the past.. (again, not saying that I necessarily believe Will Grier)

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-12-2015, 03:23 PM
Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops
Being told through UF that the substance is not Ligandrol. But won't be disclosed without Grier's consent.

Marty SmithVerified account ‏@MartySmithESPN
Spoke to UF. Reports that Will Grier ingested Ligandrol are incorrect. They also say UF won't disclose the substance without Grier's consent

mstatefan91
10-12-2015, 03:26 PM
Being told through UF that the substance is not Ligandrol. But won't be disclosed without Grier's consent.

Spoke to UF. Reports that Will Grier ingested Ligandrol are incorrect. They also say UF won't disclose the substance without Grier's consent

Fair enough. Maybe he will get out of it afterall..

Jack Lambert
10-12-2015, 03:28 PM

I don't understand my wife sometimes but I just accept it and move on.

defiantdog
10-12-2015, 03:28 PM

Leroy, I love your name but folks have been using diuretics since the beginning of drug tests.

mstatefan91
10-12-2015, 03:32 PM
And yes, you can "beat" drug tests... even advanced ones

Thick
10-12-2015, 03:41 PM
I don't understand my wife sometimes but I just accept it and move on.

+1

defiantdog
10-12-2015, 03:44 PM

I don't buy it..... what player doesn't go through the medical staff in these situations?

Mjoelner34
10-12-2015, 05:12 PM

Man that was some White Owls he tore up and put in there. Nothing to see here. **
http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/robert-nkemdiche-bong-photo.jpg

MabenMaroon
10-12-2015, 06:22 PM
Man that was some White Owls he tore up and put in there. Nothing to see here. **
http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/robert-nkemdiche-bong-photo.jpg

That second picture will have me chuckling til way after EB. How does the credit card ad go " That's priceless!"

Todd4State
10-12-2015, 06:29 PM
It's definitely not OTC. It's a drug that was first used with cancer patients to help with muscle deterioration. It's an androgen receptor modulator that is supposed to be cleaner than your typical anabolic steroid. Ligandrol is also a pill that doesn't effect your liver or balls as much when used in excess compared to most anabolic steroids. Sounds like Grier was built like a toothpick and needed to put on some muscle fast.

Does it have the same effect on your heart as anabolic steroids?

defiantdog
10-12-2015, 06:39 PM
Does it have the same effect on your heart as anabolic steroids?

Any increase in testosterone for a prolong period of time will have an effect on your heart.

Leroy Jenkins
10-12-2015, 07:12 PM
Leroy, I love your name but folks have been using diuretics since the beginning of drug tests.

Diuretics would not work.

Leroy Jenkins
10-12-2015, 07:18 PM
And yes, you can "beat" drug tests... even advanced ones

Cool. Im not here to convince you. Just ask yourself, are you stating what you know or what you have heard? How do you hide from gas chromatography or mass spectrometry?

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/DT%20Book%202014-15.pdf

The NCAA recommends that before any action is taken
on the basis of a positive result from screening tests, the
results should be confirmed by gas chromatography/
mass spectrometry, with the latter test providing the
definitive result. By doing so, the institution reduces the
risk of a false positive result.

DanglyGiant
10-13-2015, 08:04 AM
Cool. Im not here to convince you. Just ask yourself, are you stating what you know or what you have heard? How do you hide from gas chromatography or mass spectrometry?

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/DT%20Book%202014-15.pdf

The NCAA recommends that before any action is taken
on the basis of a positive result from screening tests, the
results should be confirmed by gas chromatography/
mass spectrometry, with the latter test providing the
definitive result. By doing so, the institution reduces the
risk of a false positive result.

What you've quoted makes it seem like they only use GC/MS after an initial positive result. It's not their first method of testing.