PDA

View Full Version : Will Grier suspended for season

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2015, 12:29 PM
WOW, huge debacle for Florida.

LSU's complete luck in every facet of this season continues. No chance Florida beats them now.

Does Les have a monopoly on luck?

User Actions
Follow

Mike Huguenin
‏@MikeHuguenin
Florida will announce this afternoon that QB Will Grier has been suspended for the rest of the season for a violation of NCAA rules.

RC3
10-12-2015, 12:31 PM
Ole miss is gonna luck out too probably. Forfeit if he was ineligible against them? Rarely see that these days

Bubb Rubb
10-12-2015, 12:32 PM
Ole miss is gonna luck out too probably. Forfeit if he was ineligible against them? Rarely see that these days

I'm sure they're already working this angle somehow.

FISHDAWG
10-12-2015, 12:33 PM
my V-cash bet on LSU was in before this info ... you guys should really load up on this one

PassInterference
10-12-2015, 12:33 PM

Forfeit is not in the NCAA's vocabulary. Its "vacate". If UF vacated the UF-OM win, the win would be subtracted from UF's record and OM would still keep a L on their record.

HailState39110
10-12-2015, 12:34 PM

LSU's complete luck in every facet of this season continues. No chance Florida beats them now.

User Actions
Follow

Mike Huguenin
‏@MikeHuguenin
Florida will announce this afternoon that QB Will Grier has been suspended for the rest of the season for a violation of NCAA rules.

Word is his suspension is related to steroid use .

mstatefan91
10-12-2015, 12:35 PM
In his recruitment or while he was enrolled?

RC3
Forfeit is not in the NCAA's vocabulary. Its "vacate". If UF vacated the UF-OM win, the win would be subtracted from UF's record and OM would still keep a L on their record.

That's what I meant. Vacated. But as long as ole miss keeps the L, good with me

ShotgunDawg
LSU's luck chart this year

1. Don't play the first week of the season & thus give MSU no film in which to prepare

2. MSU offense inexplicably calls time out to give LSU defense time to rest, then takes a delay of game penalty, & then misses 52 yard FG when inexplicably using their backup kicker. LSU had nothing to do with this chain of events.

3. Fournette hasn't been injured

4. Road game at South Carolina moved to Baton Rouge due to flooding

5. Undefeated Florida's QB is suspended the week of playing LSU.

Really Clark?
10-12-2015, 12:36 PM
Tested positive for banned substance it seems

TrapGame
10-12-2015, 12:37 PM
Well, there goes Florida's season.

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2015, 12:38 PM
Tested positive for banned substance it seems

Well, at least he got his money's worth. They worked

RTO Dawg
10-12-2015, 12:41 PM
my V-cash bet on LSU was in before this info ... you guys should really load up on this one

V-bet done!!

Jack Lambert
10-12-2015, 12:43 PM

They don't forfeit games anymore. They vacate wins. That means the losing team still has a lose.

Bubb Rubb
10-12-2015, 12:44 PM
And much to the Bears' chagrin, this is further proof that reports of the NCAA's lack of enforcement power have been greatly exaggerated.

PassInterference
10-12-2015, 12:51 PM
I am disappointed at the lack of ambiguity and corresponding #FreeGrier twitter campaign.

ScoobaDawg
10-12-2015, 01:01 PM
Now that is just plain STUPID.
He just ruined their season.

TrapGame
10-12-2015, 01:01 PM
And much to the Bears' chagrin, this is further proof that reports of the NCAA's lack of enforcement power have been greatly exaggerated.

There's an awful deep rabbit hole in oxford. It's probably damn near Matrix-like. It will make Grier look like he got busted for spitting on the sidewalk.

Liverpooldawg
10-12-2015, 01:12 PM
At this rate UM's NCAA sentence will come down the Friday before the LSU game and half the team will be declared ineligible.

LC Dawg
10-12-2015, 01:17 PM
At this rate UM's NCAA sentence will come down the Friday before the LSU game and half the team will be declared ineligible.

I'm good with that.

Liverpooldawg
10-12-2015, 01:20 PM
I'm good with that.

It wouldn't bother me a bit.

Really Clark?
10-12-2015, 01:22 PM

You mean after three years they can only find a problem with half the team!! Inexcusable NCAA!! Get your act together!!***

TUSK
10-12-2015, 02:05 PM

User Actions
Follow

Mike Huguenin
‏@MikeHuguenin

Les has golden horseshoe up his ass... Wins NC win 2 losses then misplaces said horseshoe.

Bobby Lowder finds the horseshoe in a Pawn Shop in rural Opelika... Auburn wins NC with Chizik/Cam... Gus inherits horseshoe but it's again lost...

Hugh Freeze finds horseshoe in the dirt while kneeling in prayer during a recruiting trip in Alabama... Ole Miss actually beats Alabama twice in a row and has a "relevant" season for the first time in over "Fitty Years"... The horseshoe is once again misplaced outside a vegan restaurant in Gainesville, FL this year...

That same restaurant serves Les his favorite wheatgrass drink.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-12-2015, 02:33 PM

User Actions
Follow

Mike Huguenin
‏@MikeHuguenin
Florida will announce this afternoon that QB Will Grier has been suspended for the rest of the season for a violation of NCAA rules..

FISHDAWG
10-12-2015, 02:48 PM

he caught Tunsilitis by the after-game handshaking ... told yall it was contagious

mstatefan91
10-12-2015, 02:59 PM
This is the type of stupid stuff that the NCAA does that makes me want them gone completely.

ScoobaDawg
10-12-2015, 03:32 PM
This is the type of stupid stuff that the NCAA does that makes me want them gone completely.

I agree...now that I see it was for some OTC drug... the NCAA just sounds stupid. Not Grier.

mstatefan91
10-12-2015, 03:36 PM
I agree...now that I see it was for some OTC drug... the NCAA just sounds stupid. Not Grier.

It's not even that. It's the severity of the penalty with no consideration as to what was actually taken.

You're telling me that I would get the same penalty for taking every variation of anabolic steroid known to man as compared to taking a banned stimulant?
That's just f*cking stupid.

defiantdog
10-12-2015, 03:40 PM

I don't buy the OTC jargon..... when do players not go to the medical staff for these types of situations?

mstatefan91
10-12-2015, 03:43 PM
I don't buy the OTC jargon..... when do players not go to the medical staff for these types of situations?

When you're taking a pre-workout that makes you focused and excited to play, but you don't want the medical staff to tell you that you can't take it anymore. That's my guess now that the Ligandrol has been thrown off the table.

defiantdog
10-12-2015, 03:48 PM
When you're taking a pre-workout that makes you focused and excited to play, but you don't want the medical staff to tell you that you can't take it anymore. That's my guess now that the Ligandrol has been thrown off the table.

Being involved in athletic departments in the past, I know you go through the medical staff for everything. You have a headache, you go to the medical staff; you have an injury, you go to the medical staff; you have an STD, you go to the medical staff. There's a reason why division 1 schools have about 20 to 30 personnel on the medical staff.

mstatefan91
10-12-2015, 03:49 PM
Being involved in athletic departments in the past, I know you go through the medical staff for everything. You have a headache, you go to the medical staff; you have an injury, you go to the medical staff; you have an STD, you go to the medical staff. There's a reason why division 1 schools have about 20 to 30 personnel on the medical staff.

All of those are medical conditions.. not a supplement that he may have wrongly believed to be clean because he could buy it at the local GNC.

Again, I'm not saying that I believe him. I just know that it has happened in the past.

PassInterference
10-12-2015, 03:49 PM
What did he take? Let's not rebel fan this discussion up by being defensive or attacking without having any facts.

defiantdog
10-12-2015, 03:51 PM
What did he take? Let's not rebel fan this discussion up by being defensive or attacking without having any facts.

They aren't releasing the information without Grier's consent to protect his reputation. But Grier is saying it was OTC.

mstatefan91
10-12-2015, 03:54 PM

We speculate on a myriad of topics every single day. Where have you been?

shannondawg
10-12-2015, 04:52 PM
Does every player get tested by the NCAA? Surely if the gators were doing the testing , they would not have found a thing?

solodawg
10-12-2015, 05:46 PM
All of those are medical conditions.. not a supplement that he may have wrongly believed to be clean because he could buy it at the local GNC.

Again, I'm not saying that I believe him. I just know that it has happened in the past.

If he tested positive for PED's I guarantee you he is lying if he says it was otc. Notice he is not saying what the banned substance was. He could have tested positive for elevated testosterone levels or for a long acting ester such as nandrolone which takes months to clear your system. If it was a banned substance such as, ephedra then yeah it could happen but he should have known better. I don't buy his story..Everyone busted for banned substances in sports always blames it on some otc vitamin or supplement.

PassInterference
10-12-2015, 05:50 PM
Muscle Milk had to change their formula for the NCAA. I guarantee you there is no real PED in there.

mstatefan91
10-12-2015, 06:52 PM
If he tested positive for PED's I guarantee you he is lying if he says it was otc. Notice he is not saying what the banned substance was. He could have tested positive for elevated testosterone levels or for a long acting ester such as nandrolone which takes months to clear your system. If it was a banned substance such as, ephedra then yeah it could happen but he should have known better. I don't buy his story..Everyone busted for banned substances in sports always blames it on some otc vitamin or supplement.
True. I just want to hear the "rest of the story" before the kid is sent to football hell.

defiantdog
10-12-2015, 06:59 PM
Exactly..... If he was innocent in his actions. He would state what he used.

Saltydog
10-12-2015, 07:03 PM
interval or is it random? Do their reps take the samples or did UF? Guess I'm not sure how the whole NCAA drug testing goes.