PDA

View Full Version : #FreeDontavianLee#

justwin
10-12-2015, 10:10 AM
Give him 20 carries vs LaTech so we can beat Bama in a few weeks. Quit screwing around, Mullen. Just stop it. Pretend he's a junior and go reward yourself with a run game.

He's by far the best we have.

I laughed my ass off at the pic of Shump in today's C/L article getting steamed rolled by Troy. Troy.

msstate7
10-12-2015, 10:12 AM
Rather see Lee get around 8-10 and Williams the same. Hopefully we'll be able to do this

shoeless joe
10-12-2015, 10:16 AM
There's a reason lee is the 4th RB to get in any game. I believe he will be a good back. Rite now, Aeris is our all around best choice IMO.

confucius say
10-12-2015, 10:25 AM
Lee is the best runner we have at rb. The other facets of the position? Not sure.

Coach34
10-12-2015, 10:40 AM
There's a reason lee is the 4th RB to get in any game. I believe he will be a good back. Rite now, Aeris is our all around best choice IMO.

i don't care what he is doing off the field or his pass-blocking- he is the best runner of the football we have and it's not real close

War Machine Dawg
10-12-2015, 10:42 AM
i don't care what he is doing off the field or his pass-blocking- he is the best runner of the football we have and it's not real close

And I have yet to see him struggle with pass blocking. In fact, quite the opposite.

mstatefan91
10-12-2015, 10:51 AM
"Off-field issues"

Didn't he miss like one team meeting? Only Mullen..

Bubb Rubb
10-12-2015, 10:52 AM
"Off-field issues"

Didn't he miss like one team meeting? Only Mullen..

He apparently has a problem with making it to class.

starkvegasdawg
10-12-2015, 10:58 AM

He better get that cleaned up quick or he'll become a grade casualty at the end of the semester.

mstatefan91
10-12-2015, 10:58 AM

Gotcha

Bubb Rubb
10-12-2015, 11:03 AM
This is why I typically give Mullen a pass on personnel decisions. There's no question that Lee has talent. But coaches have to hold him accountable if he's not doing everything he should (allegedly). There's so much that goes on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

msstate7
10-12-2015, 11:03 AM

Didnt he miss curfew at usm also?

shoeless joe
10-12-2015, 11:05 AM

I wasn't implying off the field. I personally think Aeris is our best back with lee bein a close second. I think they will continue to get more involved.

But if he isn't committed to the team and his teammates enough to get his shit straight off the field then I have no problem with him not playing.

ScottH
10-12-2015, 11:07 AM

It's the damn SEC.

Find a different way to get his attention other than reduced playing time.

TrapGame
10-12-2015, 11:12 AM

I don't care if he has a problem screwing Mullen's wife. He's the best back on the field. Hands down.

Dawgtini
10-12-2015, 11:13 AM
Just watched the replay. He found holes and moved the pile for positive yards consistently #FreeDLee

FISHDAWG
10-12-2015, 11:15 AM
I don't care if he has a problem screwing Mullen's wife. He's the best back on the field. Hands down.

not cool

ETA - families are always off limits

Really Clark?
10-12-2015, 11:17 AM
It's the damn SEC.

Find a different way to get his attention other than reduced playing time.

Uh...that's usually the best way to get a players attention. Reduced playing time. And at this point it's been a consistant theme in the program. You don't change that for one player. You have to stay consistant with punishment

Really Clark?
10-12-2015, 11:18 AM

That's over the top.

Liverpooldawg
10-12-2015, 11:22 AM

I have no idea if he has off the field issues, but if he does you can NOT ignore that. Ask Stansbury.

Liverpooldawg
10-12-2015, 11:23 AM

That's just sorry man.

DawgInMemphis
10-12-2015, 11:24 AM
That's over the top.

http://www.overduereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/OTT-feat-image.jpg

confucius say
10-12-2015, 11:25 AM
I have no idea if he has off the field issues, but if he does you can NOT ignore that. Ask Stansbury.

And Gus bus

CadaverDawg
10-12-2015, 11:31 AM
If his "off the field" shit still allows him to get 2-3 carries per game....then it ain't the off the field issues keeping him from being the starter. It's Mullen.

When your kids act up and then want to go buy a toy...do you buy them just a small toy instead of a big toy? Hell no, they get NO toy. His "off the field" issues have zero to do with his playing time, or else he wouldn't be playing at all.

We heard the same bullshit about Robinson. If Mullen is punishing them by giving them 3 carries each week rather than 12....then he's an idiot. Because all that's doing is not teaching Lee shit Bc he's still playing every week, and hurting the team in the process. Time to learn a new punishment strategy. Make him run suicides or bleachers...IF there's even an issue, which I highly doubt there is. Just a convenient excuse for those that want to defend Mullen's misuse of personnel more than likely.

But that's just me.

solodawg
10-12-2015, 11:36 AM

WTF dude! You need to take that shlt somewhere else. Dumbfck!!!

DancingRabbit
10-12-2015, 11:44 AM
If his "off the field" shit still allows him to get 2-3 carries per game....then it ain't the off the field issues keeping him from being the starter. It's Mullen.

When your kids act up and then want to go buy a toy...do you buy them just a small toy instead of a big toy? Hell no, they get NO toy. His "off the field" issues have zero to do with his playing time, or else he wouldn't be playing at all.

We heard the same bullshit about Robinson. If Mullen is punishing them by giving them 3 carries each week rather than 12....then he's an idiot. Because all that's doing is not teaching Lee shit Bc he's still playing every week, and hurting the team in the process. Time to learn a new punishment strategy. Make him run suicides or bleachers...IF there's even an issue, which I highly doubt there is. Just a convenient excuse for those that want to defend Mullen's misuse of personnel more than likely.

But that's just me.

That may be Dan's way of keeping it in-house. If he doesn't play at all, then it becomes very evident he's in the dog house, reporters ask questions, etc.

I think it's plausible that Dan's telling him to clean up his act and he'll get more carries. Dan may worry that benching him altogether he'll lose him for good. We seem to do a pretty good job with team chemistry and developing good citizens so I hesitate to criticize Dan in that area.

CadaverDawg
10-12-2015, 11:48 AM
That may be Dan's way of keeping it in-house. If he doesn't play at all, then it becomes very evident he's in the dog house, reporters ask questions, etc.

I think it's plausible that Dan's telling him to clean up his act and he'll get more carries. Dan may worry that benching him altogether he'll lose him for good. We seem to do a pretty good job with team chemistry and developing good citizens so I hesitate to criticize Dan in that area.

We also do a good job of keeping our talent off the field for too long, so I do criticize that.

You may be right, but it clearly isn't sending the right message if we're 6 games in and he's still only getting a touch or 2 per game. I'm not buying that's it's disciplinary. I could be wrong, but I just can't buy it Bc it happens too often with our RB's and other players. And I fail to believe that every year our most talented Young RB has disciplinary issues.

Really Clark?
10-12-2015, 11:50 AM

But that's just me.

Or it could be a week by week thing with him. And he is not getting 2-3 carries each game. No carries against LSU or Auburn, 2 against A & M, 5 last week. I don't know but could be as he improves the off the field stuff he gets more carries?
But so far this season he hasn't had more than 2 carries in a game besides Northwestern and Troy.

BHildreth3
10-12-2015, 11:57 AM

This.

Bubb Rubb
10-12-2015, 11:59 AM
We also do a good job of keeping our talent off the field for too long, so I do criticize that.

You may be right, but it clearly isn't sending the right message if we're 6 games in and he's still only getting a touch or 2 per game. I'm not buying that's it's disciplinary. I could be wrong, but I just can't buy it Bc it happens too often with our RB's and other players. And I fail to believe that every year our most talented Young RB has disciplinary issues.

You don't know what kind of message he's sending. Like I said, lots of stuff go on behind the scenes that none of us know about, or are entitled to know about. If he's not getting carries, there is a reason for it. If Dan felt like it was best for the team, he would have Lee out there. I also think we need to be careful in anointing someone to greatness based on how they looked against Northwestern State or Troy. We were all screaming for the young guys and promptly saw Williams put one on the ground against A&M.

Shump ain't getting it done - I get that. Holloway doesn't look the part - I get that. The young guys are talented and will have great careers - I get that. The coaches will figure all of that out, and I doubt that they care what anyone on a message board feels about it.

shoeless joe
10-12-2015, 12:06 PM

But that's just me.

I have no knowledge of the Lee situation, other than the fact that he isn't playing...but I did have direct knowledge of what went down with Robinson and I absolutely respect Mullen for how he handled that and other discipline issues. If it hadn't been taken care of the way it was it could've ended up that jrob never played a down for us. Do you think he'd be in the NFL and we'd been #1 of that were the case?

There are a lot of things done as a coach, for a myriad of reason...and fans aren't privy to that info a lot of the time. But a lot of the time the reasoning is sound and the results are positive. When they're not we start seeing issues that are arising in other programs that don't arise here.

This post is NOT about Lee but about the over done dead horse Robinson discussion.

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2015, 12:06 PM

Where does this keep coming from?

Didn't the team go down to Southern on Gameday & go back that night?

I'm pretty sure the team didn't spend the night in Hattiesburg at any point. Maybe he missed curfew in Starkville the night before, but I'm not sure.

Why would that matter now?

Bubb Rubb
10-12-2015, 12:09 PM
Where does this keep coming from?

Didn't the team go down to Southern on Gameday & go back that night?

I'm pretty sure the team didn't spend the night in Hattiesburg at any point. Maybe he missed curfew in Starkville the night before, but I'm not sure.

Teams always stay in a hotel out of town the night before the game - even for home games.

msstate7
10-12-2015, 12:11 PM

I have no idea if true, but if it is along with missing class it would be a pattern of not having priorities in order... Yes, no, maybe?

Sacrifice
10-12-2015, 12:12 PM
We need to follow the OM model. Where It doesn't matter if you can read or wright, if you graduate HS or even if you screw your cousin. If your 6'5 275 and run a 4.4 forty you play ball. bruhhhh******

TrapGame
10-12-2015, 12:14 PM
Sorry guys. Took it too far.

But the doghouse is mighty big D Lee is in.

Coach34
10-12-2015, 12:22 PM

I totally agree. I havent heard anything about classes or whatever- I was just speaking as to his talent. He is our best RB with the ball in his hands right now. Obviously he has to act right and do what's expected.

FISHDAWG
10-12-2015, 12:27 PM

at least he wasn't in a car with his buds doing ..... (that's only a half game suspension )

CadaverDawg
10-12-2015, 12:36 PM
Or it could be a week by week thing with him. And he is not getting 2-3 carries each game. No carries against LSU or Auburn, 2 against A & M, 5 last week. I don't know but could be as he improves the off the field stuff he gets more carries?
But so far this season he hasn't had more than 2 carries in a game besides Northwestern and Troy.

Again, what is it teaching Lee to run him 2-3 times (on average) per week? It must not be teaching him what it's supposed to be, or else he wouldn't still be getting punished.

This is all speculation anyway. Yall don't know he's being punished, just like I don't know if he's not. But I know our team is, by keeping him on the sideline and playing Shumpert instead. I do know that.

And once again, if your kid acts up and you're trying to get a point across, you don't just buy him the smaller toy when he asks for one...you buy him no toy at all. Bc buying any toy is hindering the message being sent. In other words, if this IS punishment, I think it's time to try something else if the 2 carries a week ain't changing things after 6 weeks. You're only hurting the team at this point.

And I'm not saying play him. I'm simply saying I'm not buying that he's being punished. I don't even know that Lee is our best back...I just know him and Williams can't possibly be worse than Shump and Holloway based on what we've seen out of all 4. And the upside is clearly greater with the younger two.

Is Williams having "off the field issues" too? That would be convenient.

sleepy dawg
10-12-2015, 12:46 PM
I wasn't implying off the field. I personally think Aeris is our best back with lee bein a close second. I think they will continue to get more involved.

But if he isn't committed to the team and his teammates enough to get his shit straight off the field then I have no problem with him not playing.

Someone said this last week too, maybe you. You may think Aeris is the better back, but it surly can't be based on what we've seen on the field this year. The limited time we've seen Lee on the field, he's far out performed everyone else.
To me this is like saying Staley is a better QB than Fitz. Well, I guess he could be, but not based on what I've seen Nick do so far.

msstate7
10-12-2015, 12:53 PM
Someone said this last week too, maybe you. You may think Aeris is the better back, but it surly can't be based on what we've seen on the field this year. The limited time we've seen Lee on the field, he's far out performed everyone else.
To me this is like saying Staley is a better QB than Fitz. Well, I guess he could be, but not based on what I've seen Nick do so far.

Aeris is the only 1 to get yards rushing against an sec defense....

Williams = 4 carries 23 yards fumble
Lee = 2 carries 0 yards

Not backing either. I wanna see both get a shot

Really Clark?
10-12-2015, 12:57 PM
Again, what is it teaching Lee to run him 2-3 times (on average) per week? It must not be teaching him what it's supposed to be, or else he wouldn't still be getting punished.

This is all speculation anyway. Yall don't know he's being punished, just like I don't know if he's not. But I know our team is, by keeping him on the sideline and playing Shumpert instead. I do know that.

And once again, if your kid acts up and you're trying to get a point across, you don't just buy him the smaller toy when he asks for one...you buy him no toy at all. Bc buying any toy is hindering the message being sent. In other words, if this IS punishment, I think it's time to try something else if the 2 carries a week ain't changing things after 6 weeks. You're only hurting the team at this point.

And I'm not saying play him. I'm simply saying I'm not buying that he's being punished. I don't even know that Lee is our best back...I just know him and Williams can't possibly be worse than Shump and Holloway based on what we've seen out of all 4. And the upside is clearly greater with the younger two.

You are trying to put it on avg per game. He had the issue before the USM game. Doesn't get to play until the second half. Doesn't get a rush against LSU, gets runs against Northwestern State, no carries against Auburn. So in the first 4 games he got no carries in meaningful games. That can be a part of the punishment as well. Again, I don't know what all or if any is because of this. I do know that enough had been told to me that it sounds like there is an issue and that I am fine with it being handled in house. I do know the curfew thing was told to me that day. The other bits and pieces have been mentioned before and told to others as well. And it maybe that he is cleaning this stuff up. We will see.

CadaverDawg
10-12-2015, 01:08 PM
You are trying to put it on avg per game. He had the issue before the USM game. Doesn't get to play until the second half. Doesn't get a rush against LSU, gets runs against Northwestern State, no carries against Auburn. So in the first 4 games he got no carries in meaningful games. That can be a part of the punishment as well. Again, I don't know what all or if any is because of this. I do know that enough had been told to me that it sounds like there is an issue and that I am fine with it being handled in house. I do know the curfew thing was told to me that day. The other bits and pieces have been mentioned before and told to others as well. And it maybe that he is cleaning this stuff up. We will see.

Is Williams being punished too? Because if he isn't having off the field issues too, then my point still stands. Mullen isn't putting the best players on the field at RB. There's no chance they're both being punished with a few carries per game.

maroonmania
10-12-2015, 01:11 PM

Totally agree, anyone that can't see this isn't watching the same games I am. Agree that I can't fully evaluate the other facets of playing the position for him but he is the best ball carrier we have hands down.

sleepy dawg
10-12-2015, 01:11 PM

Good breakdown. When you put it like that, it makes even less sense. It really wasn't quite as big of a deal to start with as it is now. At first Shump sucked, but Holloway was kicking tail. Now Holloway's luck seems to be running out.

The test results are in. It is so blatantly clear that Shump and Holloway are not SEC caliber backs at this point. I think Lee and Williams might be, but I know Shump and Holloway are not.

maroonmania
10-12-2015, 01:12 PM

Williams doesn't have the leg drive and move the pile forward like Lee does.

maroonmania
10-12-2015, 01:14 PM

But that's just me.

+1

CadaverDawg
10-12-2015, 01:15 PM
Good breakdown. When you put it like that, it makes even less sense. It really wasn't quite as big of a deal to start with as it is now. At first Shump sucked, but Holloway was kicking tail. Now Holloway's luck seems to be running out.

The test results are in. It is so blatantly clear that Shump and Holloway are not SEC caliber backs at this point. I think Lee and Williams might be, but I know Shump and Holloway are not.

I agree

Really Clark?
10-12-2015, 01:18 PM
Is Williams being punished too? Because if he isn't having off the field issues too, then my point still stands. Mullen isn't putting the best players on the field at RB. There's no chance they're both being punished with a few carries per game.

I don't know and you don't either. I will say of the two one has more smoke around them than the other about some issues. And none of these issues are anything that THEY can't get rectified. But of the two, one of them got an opportunity at A & M.

maroonmania
10-12-2015, 01:22 PM

Yep, I'm not really buying a lot of this in-house punishment stuff by getting less carries. All we heard pre-season from Knox was that Shump was head and shoulders above the other RBs so our coaches REALLY thought he was the best back. Turns out that was just pure and simply bad evaluation because he's not. If a guy is doing something bad enough not to play THEN SUSPEND HIM FOR THE GAME. Otherwise, don't punish THE REST OF THE TEAM by not playing your best players when needed to win big games. There are true freshman RBs making HUGE impacts on teams all across the country so there is no real excuse why a RS FR RB is not ready to play if he has the talent.

msstate7
10-12-2015, 01:23 PM

The only sec game we weren't pass heavy was aTm and Williams/Lee got 5 of our 12 rb carries... Probably would've been more had Williams not fumbled

I put pass heavy bc Shump is the clear choice if we wanna pass IMO

maroonmania
10-12-2015, 01:24 PM

Exactly, if I can't have Lee give me Williams next and we are getting a lot of that either.

Jack Lambert
10-12-2015, 01:42 PM

Why you bring in Mullen's wife? Couldn't you have just said his girlfriend or something?

RougeDawg
10-12-2015, 01:42 PM
Bottom line is Mullen plays age over ability every season. From Concrete Feet Russel over Dak to Chris Jones barely getting PT the first month of his freshman season. Why are we the only SEC team that cannot get their young talent on the field? If it is off the field issues, then our coaching staff needs some changes to be able to relate to these kids.

We talk about how Mullen treats "character" on the same level as "talent" when recruiting. Everyone talks about how well we recruit and the vast majority of the Mullhn guys have zero off the field issues. Do every one of our freshman have off the field issues? Why did they only get meaningful snaps on O&D this past weekend? Some of our freshman are our better athletes. So if all of these things are to be true, it should be a no brainer. Everyone was saying JRob wasn't getting carries because of issues off the field. Those off the field issues sure didn't prevent him from coming in against Ark 2 years ago when Perk went down. JRob helped us win that one and stay bowl eligible. Those of you saying it's about teaching the players lessons i ask you this, "What does it teach your team of your discipline stops when someone gets injured?" "You aren't going to get the PT you should because you are in the Dog House, but if someone gets hurt, you're in the game.

Come on people, stop making excuses for our hard headed stubborn coach. Break it down into smaller pieces and everything we have issues with (underclassmen hardly ever getting early PT, not having a kicker until this year, shit special teams) and they all point to a certain individual's stubbornness.

Dan wants his ideas to work and is extremely stubborn making a change that contradicts his initial actions or player selection. we have a very large sample and it is what it is. Yes he has brought us to a high level, but we will not ever get to the top unless he makes some changes to his thinking and approaches.

Bubb Rubb
10-12-2015, 01:55 PM
There are examples where he's played younger players over upperclassmen, too. Wilson and Ross saw the field very early and jumped ahead of Morrow, for example. We're seeing Bryant, Peters, McLaurin, and Green get more and more playing time on the defensive side of the ball. This is what happens when you speak in grand generalities about the stubbornness of Mullen. If "age over ability" was his steadfast principle, you wouldn't see it applied selectively. He wants to win games...that's his job. We can disagree with his personnel decisions, or his playcalling, or his clock management, and lord knows I want to pull my hair out sometimes at that stuff. But at the end of the day, he's doing what he believes is the right thing for the team, and he probably doesn't give a shit what you or I think about it.

We have become so spoiled as fans after last year. We forget what it was like just a few years ago.

Really Clark?
10-12-2015, 02:04 PM
Rouge come on. Chris Jones barely got playing time his first month as a true freshman? Never have had a good kicker until this year? JRob touches had already increased to the #2 RB numbers the 3 weeks prior to the Arkansas game. He had already solidified himself as the #2 back before Perk went down.

TrapGame
10-12-2015, 02:20 PM
Why you bring in Mullen's wife? Couldn't you have just said his girlfriend or something?

Yep, poor taste on my part. I went way too far Lenny Bruce.