PDA

View Full Version : Latest word on NCAA and Northern Miss....

Coach34
10-11-2015, 08:32 PM
now they are checking into how Tony Conner can handle the ACT and state test- but cant graduate from HS. People are starting to squeal like pigs on the good Reverend. They are starting to get some answers finally to their questions

Todd4State
10-11-2015, 08:34 PM
That might lend credence into my speculation about Saunders and the South Panola players.

Liverpooldawg
10-11-2015, 08:36 PM
Their injured list this past week was pretty interesting. Parrish Alford had in an article that Freeze said they were expecting resolution on Tunsil next week.

I seen it dawg
10-11-2015, 08:38 PM
Their injured list this past week was pretty interesting. Parrish Alford had in an article that Freeze said they were expecting resolution on Tunsil next week.

No doubt about that. Lots of tunsilitis it looked like.

Pinto
10-11-2015, 08:39 PM
OXFORD – ESPN is reporting this morning that Ole Miss has a decision from the NCAA regarding Laremy Tunsil and will make an announcement early in the coming week.

The junior offensive lineman, projected as an early-round NFL draft pick next spring, has not played while the NCAA has investigated whether he has received improper benefits.

Ole Miss athletics director Ross Bjork said later this morning that the school does not currently have an answer but is expecting an answer this week.

If that proves to be true, Tunsil, who is sitting out his sixth game today as the Rebels take on New Mexico State, would be eligible for next Saturday’s game against Memphis.

Tunsil was dressed in shorts and a pull-over as he watched the Rebels go through warm-ups today.

Coach34
10-11-2015, 08:46 PM
OXFORD – ESPN is reporting this morning that Ole Miss has a decision from the NCAA regarding Laremy Tunsil and will make an announcement early in the coming week.

The junior offensive lineman, projected as an early-round NFL draft pick next spring, has not played while the NCAA has investigated whether he has received improper benefits.

Ole Miss athletics director Ross Bjork said later this morning that the school does not currently have an answer but is expecting an answer this week.

If that proves to be true, Tunsil, who is sitting out his sixth game today as the Rebels take on New Mexico State, would be eligible for next Saturday’s game against Memphis.

Tunsil was dressed in shorts and a pull-over as he watched the Rebels go through warm-ups today.

Ohio State got a couple years probation, a bowl ban, and their Coach got a show cause. Those players implicated missed 5 games. Just sayin

Taog Redloh
10-11-2015, 08:49 PM
All this crap is only going to help Ole Miss, just like Cam Newton in 2010. It lit a fire under them and gave them a 'me against the world mentality'. It will do the same for Ole Miss. Hopefully Memphis will just take them out and it won't matter.

BayouDawg
10-11-2015, 08:50 PM
now they are checking into how Tony Conner can handle the ACT and state test- but cant graduate from HS. People are starting to squeal like pigs on the good Reverend. They are starting to get some answers finally to their questions
Coach, do you know if the NCAA has given UNM a LOI yet? Usually those things are made public but it wouldn't surprise me if that bunch has found a way to keep it under wraps

Todd4State
10-11-2015, 08:50 PM
All this crap is only going to help Ole Miss, just like Cam Newton in 2010. It lit a fire under them and gave them a 'me against the world mentality'. It will do the same for Ole Miss. Hopefully Memphis will just take them out and it won't matter.

Like it did against Florida?

Todd4State
10-11-2015, 08:51 PM
Coach, do you know if the NCAA has given UNM a LOI yet? Usually those things are made public but it wouldn't surprise me if that bunch has found a way to keep it under wraps

The way to "keep it under wraps" is to tell the Clarion-Ledger that they don't have one.

Taog Redloh
10-11-2015, 08:53 PM
Like it did against Florida?
It hasn't happened yet, genius. Decision is coming this week.

BayouDawg
10-11-2015, 08:57 PM
The way to "keep it under wraps" is to tell the Clarion-Ledger that they don't have one.
It just pisses me off because if there was even a whiff of a NCAA investigation at state the clarion liar would have a field day with it. The SEC network idiots would be talking about it constantly and Pawwl would get calls from bear fans daily about it.
But maybe the chickens are about to come home to roost

Liverpooldawg
10-11-2015, 09:00 PM
One thing to remember: Sidney's official suspension wasn't nearly as long as what he actually missed waiting on them to decide.

Coach34
10-11-2015, 09:02 PM

I do not

But that comes once the NCAA has pretty much completed their investigation- and as of right now- they are still going strong

BayouDawg
10-11-2015, 09:13 PM
I do not

But that comes once the NCAA has pretty much completed their investigation- and as of right now- they are still going strong
So if/when they receive it they should go ahead and get the astroglide out?

Jack Lambert
10-11-2015, 09:39 PM
Hell as far as we know Tunsil might be suspended for the entire season, much like Redmond. That might be what the NCAA told Ole Miss.

Coach34
10-11-2015, 09:41 PM
Hell as far as we know Tunsil might be suspended for the entire season, much like Redmond. That might be what the NCAA told Ole Miss.

Rebs convinced he is getting 6- so now he will get to play. As I said- Ohio State got probation, bowl ban, and Tressell got a show-cause- and their players were only suspended 5 games. So it wont be shocking if he returns

Todd4State
10-11-2015, 09:45 PM

True- it went from not missing a game to 1 to 2 to 3.... all Ole Miss has said as far as I know is that they "expect" something this week. They're probably getting to the point of desperation now since something new is coming out every single week.

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-11-2015, 09:50 PM
I can't imagine Ole Miss volunteering this information if they didn't know without a doubt that it was going to go in their favor. They just don't say we're going to have an answer from the NCAA next week without already knowing that it is going to be positive. And you're usually not going to get any clarification from the NCAA when they provided a school with information.

For all we know, Ole Miss got the response on Friday, and they are playing their PR games like they always do. Come out on Monday with a big announcement and let the talking heads talk about it all week to give them pub.

Tripp McNeely
10-11-2015, 10:04 PM
If they got it on Friday, he'd have been starting at LT on Saturday

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-11-2015, 10:15 PM
If they got it on Friday, he'd have been starting at LT on Saturday

Not the way they do it. Not dramatic enough. They have to publicize it to death first. Have everyone in the country know it before it happens. Winning the game is not enough, have to win the press conference as well.

Just went to nafoom; 3-4 saying they got the word from NCAA last week, will announce it during Freeze presser on Monday. Guess we'll find out soon.

ScottH
10-11-2015, 10:40 PM
I believe they would put him on the field if he was cleared.

PR at this point isn't as important as game reps and game conditioning.

He is looking at Myles Garrett in 10 days.

msstate7
10-11-2015, 10:43 PM
I believe they would put him on the field if he was cleared.

PR at this point isn't as important as game reps and game conditioning.

He is looking at Myles Garrett in 10 days.

Off topic, but let's say tunsil is back... Why wouldn't aTm flip Garrett and hall? I don't think teams do this and I've wondered why

cheewgumm
10-12-2015, 12:31 AM
If thy were able to cheat, land the top LT in America and only have to sit him for 6 games ... It was worth it.

Spiderman
10-12-2015, 07:01 AM
Yep

If thy were able to cheat, land the top LT in America and only have to sit him for 6 games ... It was worth it.

msstate7
10-12-2015, 07:19 AM

You're assuming this will be the only punishment. Whether that assumption is correct or not has yet to be determined...

Coach34
10-12-2015, 07:33 AM

its going to be a lot more than 6 games. Probation and its effects are coming with it

starkvegasdawg
10-12-2015, 07:39 AM
its going to be a lot more than 6 games. Probation and its effects are coming with it

Hopefully, this will be Freeze sooner rather than later:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzgXrwggRAD7V26513BrllSawU81CLy dyCJgvBZv8QZ4S5DzM0

Bully13
10-12-2015, 07:39 AM
they could end up winning the presser and getting Tunsil back this week but I find it hard to believe that would be the end of everything. the ncaa has been down there for 3 years. long before Tunsil's step dad spilled the beans. there's got to be more to this story than what happens to Tunsil's remaining eligibility.

7dawg
10-12-2015, 07:49 AM
I need a refresher on Redmond. Did he lie to investigators? Did we self impose the 18 games or did NCAA add 6 more to 12 self imposed games.

Didn't the NCAA already question Tunsil at least once prior to all of this, or was it twice? If he lied at any time, would it not justify more that 6 games?

DawgHouseUnited
10-12-2015, 07:50 AM
I can't imagine Ole Miss volunteering this information if they didn't know without a doubt that it was going to go in their favor. They just don't say we're going to have an answer from the NCAA next week without already knowing that it is going to be positive. And you're usually not going to get any clarification from the NCAA when they provided a school with information.

For all we know, Ole Miss got the response on Friday, and they are playing their PR games like they always do. Come out on Monday with a big announcement and let the talking heads talk about it all week to give them pub.

I dunno, I could see it as a high-risk bluff by the bearsharks. Tell everyone the results are in and push for the ncaa to stop the witchhunt and accept the 6 game sit. I personally think that would be a bad idea, but I suppose it's possible.

OurState
10-12-2015, 07:51 AM
Ohio State got a couple years probation, a bowl ban, and their Coach got a show cause. Those players implicated missed 5 games. Just sayin

You keep saying this, but would a show cause be the big a deal for Freezus?

Couldn't a school that wanted to hire him just express some concern for their players souls?

msstate7
10-12-2015, 07:55 AM
You keep saying this, but would a show cause be the big a deal for Freezus?

Couldn't a school that wanted to hire him just express some concern for their players souls?

Show cause ran chip Kelly to nfl and tressel out of Ohio state. Both are far superior coaches to freeze

gtowndawg
10-12-2015, 07:59 AM
against the Ole Miss Confederate rebels. I've seen this one before. It doesn't end well for Ole Miss.

jumbo
10-12-2015, 09:32 AM
Show cause ran chip Kelly to nfl and tressel out of Ohio state. Both are far superior coaches to freeze

yes, but Auburn put their middle finger to NCAA and hired Pearl anyway despite having a year or two left on his

Coach34
10-12-2015, 09:37 AM
yes, but Auburn put their middle finger to NCAA and hired Pearl anyway despite having a year or two left on his

Pearl only had a couple months left when he was hired

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2015, 09:48 AM
I'm curious if the NCAA will use the threat of showcase against Saunders to get him to eat on Ole Miss?

It's seems as if the NCAA may be circling OM

Coach34
10-12-2015, 09:52 AM
Saunders is squealing to save his own ass

rtdawg
10-12-2015, 09:57 AM

This is what I hope is happening....

DancingRabbit
10-12-2015, 09:58 AM

Is he now cooperating with the NCAA again? According to the ULL docs he quit talking to them last Nov or Dec.

Mjoelner34
10-12-2015, 10:07 AM

That and he may have an axe to grind.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=418560.0;wap

David Saunders, who is now the assistant recruiting coordinator and cornerbacks coach at Louisiana-Lafayette, claims Ole Miss reneged on an agreement to hire him last offseason for a job with a $120,000 annual salary. Instead, Saunders was hired as an administrative operations coordinator at what he said was a $12 hourly wage. Saunders' notice says that Ole Miss athletic director Pete Boone "disapproves" of Saunders' "recruitment of and assistance to learning-disabled student athletes."

There are more sites out there with better links I'm sure but they're all blocked at work so I had to use the link above.

msstate7
10-12-2015, 10:11 AM
That and he may have an axe to grind.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=418560.0;wap

David Saunders, who is now the assistant recruiting coordinator and cornerbacks coach at Louisiana-Lafayette, claims Ole Miss reneged on an agreement to hire him last offseason for a job with a $120,000 annual salary. Instead, Saunders was hired as an administrative operations coordinator at what he said was a $12 hourly wage. Saunders' notice says that Ole Miss athletic director Pete Boone "disapproves" of Saunders' "recruitment of and assistance to learning-disabled student athletes."

There are more sites out there with better links I'm sure but they're all blocked at work so I had to use the link above.

Gonna have to work a bunch of hours at $12 per to get $120,000... Little difference in pay there

Mjoelner34
10-12-2015, 10:12 AM
Gonna have to work a bunch of hours at $12 per to get $120,000... Little difference in pay there

The zeros must've been in small print.

Saltydog
10-12-2015, 10:19 AM
nt

starkvegasdawg
10-12-2015, 10:21 AM
Saunders may have just told TSUN - 'Scuse me while I whip this out.

Coach34
10-12-2015, 10:38 AM
Saunders told off on them to save his own ass

Really Clark?
10-12-2015, 10:42 AM
Is he now cooperating with the NCAA again? According to the ULL docs he quit talking to them last Nov or Dec.

He quit talking to them about the ULL investigation, doesn't mean he has stopped talking to them about UNM. I don't know that but he could clam up about his involvement of fraud but still give them info

starkvegasdawg
10-12-2015, 10:43 AM

TSUN enjoys their golden showers after homeruns. Hope they're enjoying this out of season shower. Maybe a little warmer than they're used to.

Jack Lambert
10-12-2015, 10:43 AM

Sounds to me he has a ax to gride as well.

I just hope our coaches are using this in recruiting.

If the shoe was on the other football you can bet you butt Ole Miss would be hammering on us.

Liverpooldawg
10-12-2015, 11:54 AM
Evidently nothing new about Tunsil came out at the Confederate pressor this morning.

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2015, 12:02 PM
Evidently nothing new about Tunsil came out at the Confederate pressor this morning.

I believe this was incorrectly reported on Saturday.

The way the story was reported, it sounded like Ole Miss had heard from the NCAA & would be making an announcement this week. However, I believe what was meant to be reported was that the NCAA told Ole Miss they would be making a decision on Tunsil this week, but Ole Miss had not yet heard what that decision would be.

I think the first report got Ole Miss fans excited that Tunsil would be declared eligible &, while that may happen, Ole Miss had not heard either way from the NCAA. For all Ole Miss knows, the NCAA may call & say Tunsil is suspended for the season.

Really Clark?
10-12-2015, 12:06 PM
Well according to our friends who like to paste posts from this site to make fun of us, some of them were pretty adamant that they had already heard last week it was 6 games and he would be reinstated this week. To be announced today. Now it's they still haven't heard from the NCAA. So the "insiders" who like to entertain themselves with our speculation, are wrong again. Even if he does get reinstated this week we know that they were just guessing because if UNM already knew they would have announced it today at the press conference. RCR is reporting that Freeze still doesn't know. So at least one "in the know poster" that I won't post his handle, is wrong again. We mention Saunders and connections days before a report but we are just speculating, right?

I mean he was just flat out sure they knew the outcome last week and would announce today. Even thought they would announce it before the PC this morning. Oh and while ya are here, please click an ad.

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2015, 12:09 PM
Well according to our friends who like to paste posts from this site to make fun of us, some of them were pretty adamant that they had already heard last week it was 6 games and he would be reinstated this week. To be announced today. Now it's they still haven't heard from the NCAA. So the "insiders" who like to entertain themselves with our speculation, are wrong again. Even if he does get reinstated this week we know that they were just guessing because if UNM already knew they would have announced it today at the press conference. RCR is reporting that Freeze still doesn't know. So at least one "in the know poster" that I won't post his handle, is wrong again. We mention Saunders and connections days before a report but we are just speculating, right?

Agree

This is where the story was bastardized. Ole Miss heard from the NCAA that they would be making a decision this week, not that the decision had already been made.

Bubb Rubb
10-12-2015, 12:17 PM
Agree

This is where the story was bastardized. Ole Miss heard from the NCAA that they would be making a decision this week, not that the decision had already been made.

Even if he does come back next week, that's not the end of the story. It will be spun as such. We will see stuff like "he served his suspension, and it's over." They will just keep whistling past the graveyard, and mocking everyone else. I was in the camp of "nothing will happen" for the longest time, but based on what I've heard recently, I think they are really in hot water. I don't delight in it, but it will definitely be interesting to watch.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-12-2015, 12:22 PM
Even if he does come back next week, that's not the end of the story. It will be spun as such. We will see stuff like "he served his suspension, and it's over." They will just keep whistling past the graveyard, and mocking everyone else. I was in the camp of "nothing will happen" for the longest time, but based on what I've heard recently, I think they are really in hot water. I don't delight in it, but it will definitely be interesting to watch.

Not only am I delighting in it, I am throwing a 17'n party when them SOB's get hit!

Really Clark?
10-12-2015, 12:24 PM
Agree

Oh probably so. It's just comical that they think we have no clue, even though this site has been proven correct multiple times. And yet their "insiders" were adamant that this was done and the school knew last week it was "only" going to be 6 games and it would be announced today. Which by the way, is 6 more than they "knew" he would get at the start of this. And I guess the NCAA can only find issues with a loaner car for 2 players. They want their sheep to believe that when Tunsil is announced that its over and that's all that was found. Hard to believe that when they denied even being under investigation for the two years we were saying that they were being investigated.

Coach34
10-12-2015, 12:31 PM
Oh probably so. It's just comical that they think we have no clue, even though this site has been proven correct multiple times. And yet their "insiders" were adamant that this was done and the school knew last week it was "only" going to be 6 games and it would be announced today. Which by the way, is 6 more than they "knew" he would get at the start of this. And I guess the NCAA can only find issues with a loaner car for 2 players. They want their sheep to believe that when Tunsil is announced that its over and that's all that was found. Hard to believe that when they denied even being under investigation for the two years we were saying that they were being investigated.

Exactly

Elitedawgs has been right on all this way more than any of their people have. Hell, their people have been wrong at every turn

Really Clark?
10-12-2015, 12:44 PM
Exactly

Elitedawgs has been right on all this way more than any of their people have. Hell, their people have been wrong at every turn

It's either they were wrong or its disinformation. When they make definitive declarations that get proven wrong (I know it was wrong because my source is wrong backtracking but when you are not siting a source...) then at what point do they question their "insiders".

Bubb Rubb
10-12-2015, 12:47 PM
It's either they were wrong or its disinformation. When they make definitive declarations that get proven wrong (I know it was wrong because my source is wrong backtracking but when you are not siting a source...) then at what point do they question their "insiders".

Misinformation. They are very good at setting the party line and getting everyone on board. When it's proven wrong, they just spin it into something else. They want to control the message as much as possible.

defiantdog
10-12-2015, 12:50 PM

If the NCAA was just looking at Tunsil for using a rental longer than he was supposed to, then he would have been on the field after his 4 game suspension (30% of the season). OM has kept him off the field for other reasons. The NCAA is investigating OM on other issues. If OM activates Tunsil or any other non-disclosed player, then the NCAA would be able to accuse OM for lack of institutional control (LoIC). The fact that he is still serving what is now a 6 game suspension for a 4 game suspension offense, shows you that OM has more demons they're hiding.

Coach34
10-12-2015, 12:53 PM
They put out wrong information on purpose to try and mask the problems as long as they can in hopes of making them go away. Its Spin 101

They are just unable to make these problems go away. I cant wait for them to say "See Tunsil is cleared- he's playing now"- **** no you idiot- he was guilty- thats why he sat out half the season. That was his penalty for being guilty

CadaverDawg
10-12-2015, 01:01 PM
I don't even think Ole Miss has been told to expect something this week. I simply think Hugh got asked about it before the game Saturday by the SECN reporter, and said "I haven't heard anything yet, but we're hoping to have info next week" like he's been saying every time asked. "Soon hopefully".

And that got spun by the SECN girl into "Ole Miss is expecting to hear from the NCAA next week regarding Tunsil".

I wouldn't be surprised if we hear nothing, and the soft one remains sidelined.

Really Clark?
10-12-2015, 01:11 PM
I don't even think Ole Miss has been told to expect something this week. I simply think Hugh got asked about it before the game Saturday by the SECN reporter, and said "I haven't heard anything yet, but we're hoping to have info next week" like he's been saying every time asked. "Soon hopefully".

And that got spun by the SECN girl into "Ole Miss is expecting to hear from the NCAA next week regarding Tunsil".

You are probably right. Still funny to see their people come out right then making statements like they absolutely know that this was over. How many times has someone done that now?

defiantdog
10-12-2015, 01:18 PM
They put out wrong information on purpose to try and mask the problems as long as they can in hopes of making them go away. Its Spin 101

They are just unable to make these problems go away. I cant wait for them to say "See Tunsil is cleared- he's playing now"- **** no you idiot- he was guilty- thats why he sat out half the season. That was his penalty for being guilty

Tunsil has sat out for 6 games on a 4 game suspension...... What?! The NCAA is known for making dumb decisions like suspending Dez Bryant an entire year for lying to them about knowing Deion Sanders. But Tunsil is currently being sat out by OM for precautionary reasons. OM doesn't want an LOIC to be thrown at them, and they're also protecting themselves from being the SEC's version of USCw. The NCAA wants to make an example of the SEC. They want to bring the SEC down to earth. OM doesn't want to be their example. An old assistant coach working at a car dealership, lending out rentals for an extended period of time could lead the NCAA to make an example. Bjork is walking a fine line with NCAA compliance right now..... he really doesn't want to be the next Mike Garrett.

defiantdog
10-12-2015, 01:30 PM

Bjork has heard from the NCAA about possibly concluding in their decision this week. But the decision is more on OM's compliance then anything else. Typically, the NCAA dictates a set schedule for the suspension. See Todd Gurley last year and A.J. Green a few years back. Both players knew their allotted suspension time. Tunsil has no idea when he is going to hit the field again. Also, the NCAA added these bylaws after the Ohio State situation..... "In addition, in cases where the impermissible prize money greatly exceeds $700, the committee directed the reinstatement staff to consider whether additional withholding, including permanent ineligibility, is appropriate." I'm not saying Tunsil is going to be out the entire season, but the NCAA has not mentioned any suspension timeline. That's extremely odd.

AlSwearengen
10-12-2015, 01:40 PM
Bjork has heard from the NCAA about possibly concluding in their decision this week. But the decision is more on OM's compliance then anything else. Typically, the NCAA dictates a set schedule for the suspension. See Todd Gurley last year and A.J. Green a few years back. Both players knew their allotted suspension time. Tunsil has no idea when he is going to hit the field again. Also, the NCAA added these bylaws after the Ohio State situation..... "In addition, in cases where the impermissible prize money greatly exceeds $700, the committee directed the reinstatement staff to consider whether additional withholding, including permanent ineligibility, is appropriate." I'm not saying Tunsil is going to be out the entire season, but the NCAA has not mentioned any suspension timeline. That's extremely odd.

Exceeds $700? Hell, he probably got that in his first post card from them, before he ever knew who olemiss is.

Jack Lambert
10-12-2015, 01:47 PM

Ole Miss probabaly has been fighting all the way because they know they are chin deep in shit where GA and SC were not chin deep in shit and cooperated with the NCAA to get it behind them.

This is the problem you have when you put a Law School on a campus full of Racist Prima Donna Candy Ass Pricks.

dawgoneyall
10-12-2015, 01:51 PM
Hotty toddy

K9 Avenger
10-12-2015, 01:56 PM
Ole Miss probabaly has been fighting all the way because they know they are chin deep in shit where GA and SC were not chin deep in shit and cooperated with the NCAA to get it behind them.

This is the problem you have when you put a Law School on a campus full of Racist Prima Donna Candy Ass Pricks.

You are, without a doubt, one of my favorite posters here....love it!

DawgHouseUnited
10-12-2015, 02:11 PM
My own read on the OM fans I know is this: they don't expect to see big softy play this year. My thought is that it's getting late in the season to start plying him, so if the ncaa goes much longer without clearing him, om will probably just say he's taking off to get ready for the draft.

confucius say
10-12-2015, 02:16 PM
Wasn't there supposed to be an announcement today? I miss smn?

Bubb Rubb
10-12-2015, 02:18 PM

This is absolute gold.

Dawgowar
10-12-2015, 02:22 PM
You guys are just strolling down the primrose path - surely you understand, as the UNM Choir has been chirping, the SEC AND THE NCAA now have just been helping them address these minor administrative manners. Very similar to when the head steward on the Hindenburg stood up and said - "Do not vur-ee about dat bump, it is just turbulence and the rapid ass-in descent has been planned by the fuhrer himself"

http://s25.postimg.org/mcjiwssvz/images.jpg

Schultzy
10-12-2015, 02:36 PM
I found it odd when it was reported that "HC Hugh Freeze Expects to hear something early next week".

Since when does the NCAA give anyone a heads up on this kind of thing? It doesn't make any sense, it sounds to me like Freeze is pushing them to give an answer which may piss them off worse.

He hasn't been the best chess player in all of this going back to his mistreatment of Miller.

defiantdog
10-12-2015, 02:44 PM
I found it odd when it was reported that "HC Hugh Freeze Expects to hear something early next week".

Since when does the NCAA give anyone a heads up on this kind of thing? It doesn't make any sense, it sounds to me like Freeze is pushing them to give an answer which may piss them off worse.

He hasn't been the best chess player in all of this going back to his mistreatment of Miller.

He said he hopes to hear something this week. Freeze has no idea, it all goes through Bjork first anyways.

Schultzy
10-12-2015, 02:49 PM
Strong chance they are "projecting" and trying to make it look like this is all almost over for the tv broadcast.

I don't think they're going to hear a damn thing this week.

DancingRabbit
10-12-2015, 02:50 PM

Yeah, I wasn't buying that notion. I thought maybe they had received news on Tunsil, it was bad news and Bjork/Freeze were delaying announcing it.

But the NCAA doesn't give you a heads up and say we'll get this wrapped up and have an answer for you next week.

defiantdog
10-12-2015, 02:51 PM
[QUOTE=Jack Lambert;428669]Ole Miss probabaly has been fighting all the way because they know they are chin deep in shit where GA and SC were not chin deep in shit and cooperated with the NCAA to get it behind them.

This is the problem you have when you put a Law School on a campus full of Racist Prima Donna Candy Ass Pricks.[/ QUOTE]

This is true. Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama all have successful law schools, yet you never here them tied into their athletics.

msstate7
10-12-2015, 02:53 PM
Yeah, I wasn't buying that notion. I thought maybe they had received news on Tunsil, it was bad news and Bjork/Freeze were delaying announcing it.

But the NCAA doesn't give you a heads up and say we'll get this wrapped up and have an answer for you next week.

I thought Miami and smu had notice of penalties, but could be wrong

defiantdog
10-12-2015, 03:04 PM
I thought Miami and smu had notice of penalties, but could be wrong

Which Miami penalty? And SMU was given notice after the NCAA found the booster slush fund.

Tripp McNeely
10-12-2015, 03:12 PM
[QUOTE=Jack Lambert;428669]Ole Miss probabaly has been fighting all the way because they know they are chin deep in shit where GA and SC were not chin deep in shit and cooperated with the NCAA to get it behind them.

This is the problem you have when you put a Law School on a campus full of Racist Prima Donna Candy Ass Pricks.[/ QUOTE]

This is true. Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama all have successful law schools, yet you never here them tied into their athletics.

Doesn't change the overall point, but usually 50%(ish) of om law school graduating classes are made up of those who didn't go to om undergrad...I can personally attest to that

msstate7
10-12-2015, 03:31 PM
Which Miami penalty? And SMU was given notice after the NCAA found the booster slush fund.

The last Miami deal. I thought there was a press conference set up to announce findings

dotcomdawg
10-12-2015, 03:40 PM
If the NCAA was just looking at Tunsil for using a rental longer than he was supposed to, then he would have been on the field after his 4 game suspension (30% of the season). OM has kept him off the field for other reasons. The NCAA is investigating OM on other issues. If OM activates Tunsil or any other non-disclosed player, then the NCAA would be able to accuse OM for lack of institutional control (LoIC). The fact that he is still serving what is now a 6 game suspension for a 4 game suspension offense, shows you that OM has more demons they're hiding.

Lack Of Institutional Control is almost a certainty. They have nailed two women's sports at Ole Miss during this same investigation. This football situation gives the NCAA the trifecta and kicks in the LOIC. It has nothing to do with activating or not activating Tunsil. It has to do with other coaches and other sports within the athletic department. Bjork is probably putting out feelers behind the scenes.

defiantdog
10-12-2015, 03:41 PM
The last Miami deal. I thought there was a press conference set up to announce findings

There was recently..... but the NCAA didn't give notice for the Coc-Aines back in the day.