PDA

View Full Version : Next domino to fall - David Saunders

BrunswickDawg
10-11-2015, 06:22 PM
Interesting news from Lafayette

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/sports/2015/10/11/ncaa-accuses-ul-major-recruiting-violations/73788098/

ScoobaDawg
10-11-2015, 06:26 PM

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/sports/2015/10/11/ncaa-accuses-ul-major-recruiting-violations/73788098/

You can...
click edit post. then go advanced.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-11-2015, 06:27 PM
One of the most confusing thing I've learned over the years was that his son was a walk-on at MSU. How does a son of a known ole miss guy end up as a walk-on here?

Really Clark?
10-11-2015, 06:38 PM
He was mentioned last week on this board. But of course people on here don't know anything.

Coach34
10-11-2015, 06:44 PM
He was mentioned last week on this board. But of course people on here don't know anything.

Yep- just another Elitedawgs Conspiracy Mane....

turkish
10-11-2015, 06:45 PM
Alright, so what are we to make of this? I think Homedawg alluded to this a few days ago. Is it that Saunders mastered the ACT routine at UNM and took his tricks with him to ULL? Not sure of the timeline and when Saunders was last recruiting for UNM, but is there any chance that his time there overlaps with the time period that the ongoing investigation may be looking at? Or was he there too long ago?

Certainly hard to believe that he made the Wayne County connections AFTER leaving MS...

Coach34
10-11-2015, 06:46 PM
And there goes Hud's chance of coaching at State

notsofarawaydawg
10-11-2015, 07:22 PM

My only question is was this ACT testing done at Wayne County a reading session where Jerrel Powe conducted the session?

godlluB
10-11-2015, 07:25 PM
Didn't Reed Stringer used to be a coach or GA here, too?

MedDawg
10-11-2015, 07:32 PM

Mjoelner34
10-11-2015, 07:38 PM
From the ULL response:
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee175/tflynt66/ole%20miss%20violations_zpsgdyy0v4e.jpg

I bet there is some redacted stuff in the allegations that have some folks north of us sweating.

Taog Redloh
10-11-2015, 07:38 PM
So the Wayne County ACT Center DOES in fact exist?

engie
10-11-2015, 07:47 PM
Everyone knew he was the architect of "the process"....

I'm drinking and not going to speak my mind... But his loophole has helped us a bunch as well...

MedDawg
10-11-2015, 07:47 PM

engie
10-11-2015, 07:51 PM
Yep... Saunders filed suit against OM at some point before Hud took the process to ULL ---- he has an ax to grind and knows where plenty of bodies are buried. That said -- he may fry Hud as well. What is the statute of limitations? His scheme helped MSU as far as I know only late in the croom error

Todd4State
10-11-2015, 07:56 PM
I was a teacher at Madison Central back when Bobo Brown, Espy, and Chris Spencer were there.

I remember Bobo's teacher- who was an Ole Miss fan- bragging about helping Bobo do well on the ACT. It was pretty apparent that she took the thing for him since everyone in Madison County knew Bobo was illiterate. The guy had to have L and R on his gloves so that he knew which way to line up and which way the play was being run- and yet he made a 21 on the ACT.

Anyway- Saunders was at Ole Miss when all of that was going on. And probably behind that as well.

On this incident- I wonder if it is referring to Nick Brassell and Qyen Griffen? The reason I say that is Qyen used to play at ULL and was on the same team as Brassell at South Panola. I think I remember the issue with Qyen was qualifying as well- and then Qyen left for West Alabama I think. ULL has recruited a ton of guys from Mississippi so it could be one of any of them.

Really Clark?
10-11-2015, 07:57 PM
Yep... Saunders filed suit against OM at some point before Hud took the process to ULL ---- he has an ax to grind and knows where plenty of bodies are buried. That said -- he may fry Hud as well. What is the statute of limitations? His scheme helped MSU as far as I know only late in the croom error

Someone else closer may be able to give a clearer picture but I think because we have been cooperative over any overlapping ties that come back to us, I don't think we have anything to worry about.

HSVDawg
10-11-2015, 08:29 PM
And there goes Hud's chance of coaching at State

I say good riddance. I'd much rather go the direction of Chad Morris or Justin Fuente anyways if Mullen leaves any time soon. To me the Hudspeth situation always just reeked of the the old Larry Templeton days of coaching searches that never had any ambition or got past the first underwhelming name on the list.

engie
10-11-2015, 08:35 PM
I say good riddance. I'd much rather go the direction of Chad Morris or Justin Fuente anyways if Mullen leaves any time soon. To me the Hudspeth situation always just reeked of the the old Larry Templeton days of coaching searches that never had any ambition or got past the first underwhelming name on the list.

So what has chad Morris or Justin Fuente done that Mark Hudspeth hasn't?

BrunswickDawg
10-11-2015, 08:45 PM
What has any of them done that exceeds what our current coach has done?? Our next coaching hire, which won't be anytime soon, will not be a Sun Belt/CUSA coach who hasn't done shit.

War Machine Dawg
10-11-2015, 09:12 PM
Didn't Reed Stringer used to be a coach or GA here, too?

Yeah, TE coach for Croom. Also placed in charge of STs, despite never wanting the job.

Coach34
10-11-2015, 09:25 PM
From the ULL response:
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee175/tflynt66/ole%20miss%20violations_zpsgdyy0v4e.jpg

Everybody gave me and Hack shit for saying in 2013 OM was being investigated. How ya like us now bitches????

godlluB
10-11-2015, 09:26 PM
So the Wayne County ACT Center DOES in fact exist?

yes

I wonder what it would cost to get my kid a 30? (He gets a scholarship, dad gets a convertible).

msstate7
10-11-2015, 09:38 PM
I wonder what it would cost to get my kid a 30? (He gets a scholarship, dad gets a convertible).

Probably a 4.3 40

Todd4State
10-11-2015, 09:47 PM
Probably a 4.3 40

Or have Yancy give his kid 4-5 stars.

HSVDawg
10-11-2015, 09:52 PM

Disclaimer: I brain farted on Morris taking the SMU job and realize he has been less than impressive. So please disregard that suggestion.

However, Fuente has done more in less time at Memphis than Hud has at ULL, having them unbeaten and ranked for the first time in forever. He would be my number one call if Mullen left.

Jack Lambert
10-11-2015, 09:56 PM
I'm just glad it's them and not us with the pukered up butt holes.

Bass Chaser
10-11-2015, 10:03 PM
I wonder if a certain tailback from USP was interviewed.

Belegal
10-11-2015, 10:34 PM
I wonder if a certain tailback from USP was interviewed.

I read the 70 page response of llf. Ole miss mentioned thruout- it is clear they have been involved since 2014/13 in the act investigation dating back to 2010. I guess this is what Freeze said did not involve him but the last administration going back to Saunders at tsun in 2010. I question how many has ole miss sent to Wayne County since Saunders left? That is the lack of institutional control that hits home! Did it end with Saunders??? Million $$$ question!

Really Clark?
10-11-2015, 10:35 PM
If people have the time, it's over 70 pages, read that full response from ULL, their recommendations for self penalties, and statements. It even mentions the 2006 year as his first time using Wayne County and the person as his contact at the school. Even working with the ACT on one test of a ULL player they believe someone changed 108 of 200 something answers to a test. It also mentions UNM council attending several of these interviews.

scottycameron
10-11-2015, 10:43 PM
I don't see saunders getting in trouble unless he was doing more than everybody thought. He worked the system and if you called him out you looked bad. It's a society problem and he worked it. If you are learning disabled you get special provisions on the ACT. You could take it with a teacher present and they can explain the questions to you (because you, being disabled, can't properly understand the questions without help). You also were allowed to take the ACT in sections instead of the whole thing at once. So the playing field was set. Saunders could use the fact that highly rated athletes were learning disabled because they were really stupid. That's kind of a definition of it if you think about it. Hard to argue with him. That was what was referred to as "the plan". Get all the dumb kids classified as L.D. and they take the ACT in sections, un-timed, and with the help of a teacher. Of course they all make the required score, eventually and they are in. It was pretty foolproof in todays political environment. Who wants to be on the side of fighting against a poor black kid going to college because he's not officially LD in your eyes? What evidence did Saunders have that a kid was truly LD? Look at his test scores. There's your proof. He wasn't the only one, everybody was doing it (programs more concerned with football than academics). For a while there around half of the commits were LD guys. It got pretty bad. College campuses were turning into special ed schools while kids with 30's on the ACT had no chance of getting into schools like Ga, etc. Presidents and Chancellors didn't like it and some AD's didn't either. All coaches loved it of course. Actually Boone at OM said no more of it and that is where the falling out between him and Nutt got ramped up. Fighting over Saunders and his methods. Those were good times with UNM. Saunders sued Boone and UNM. hat is key because court documents are a boon (pun intended) for NCAA investigations. Ready made statements. The whole situation existed because of what was happening with society at the time. Nobody feels comfortable saying one kid is "smarter" than another anymore. If one kid does a lot better than another on a test it is because he has advantages, not because he is smarter. So you adjust for the advantages until the scores are equal, and now everybody is on equal ground. Proof of this is because the test scores are equal. It would be funny if we did 40 times in the same way. If a kid was really slow you would adjust the run, shorten it or start the clock late until he runs a 4.4. The problem of course would be that once he got on the field it would be apparent he couldn't compete. This happens on the academic side too, but nobody cares if they can't compete there. And you can get them through anyway. The NCAA has two paths to go on this: challenging the fact that dumb kids were actually LD (politically incorrect) or that the help they received taking the ACT was overboard (proctors were not just assisting them but answering the questions for them -or at least steering them too much to the correct answer). It's going to be tough for them and not a small process. They'll need somebody admit they took the test for a kid probably. They may have gotten that. It will be interesting to see.

Really Clark?
10-11-2015, 11:03 PM
I see what you are saying Scotty but I will be very surprised if Saunders doesn't get a show cause. We are talking about actually changing scores after the athelete turned in the test and they can prove a significant relationship with him and the tester in Waynesboro. They also mentioned looking as far back as 2006, when he and this tester first became acquainted.

engie
10-11-2015, 11:13 PM
What has any of them done that exceeds what our current coach has done?? Our next coaching hire, which won't be anytime soon, will not be a Sun Belt/CUSA coach who hasn't done shit.

I wasn't the one making the comparison, in case you didnt notice...

I haven't trumpeted getting rid of Mullen since we won in ark in 2013 when 4-8 damn near hit us in the face... Even owned that I was wrong when he pulled the egg out of his ass that next week.

All that said -- I was scared he would roll into one by graduation in 2014, which he did. And was scared he would roll out of it this year, which he has..:.

Back to square one.

BulldogBear
10-11-2015, 11:14 PM
Yeah, TE coach for Croom. Also placed in charge of STs, despite never wanting the job.

He was here for a year or two with Mullen as well with some sort RC type title. Good guy. I've known him for 36 years.

engie
10-11-2015, 11:19 PM
Disclaimer: I brain farted on Morris taking the SMU job and realize he has been less than impressive. So please disregard that suggestion.

However, Fuente has done more in less time at Memphis than Hud has at ULL, having them unbeaten and ranked for the first time in forever. He would be my number one call if Mullen left.

So what did Fuente do that Hud didn't? You actually missed ULL being ranked a couple of times in his tenure? He doesn't have fedex writing blank checks either... And how many real teams has Fuente beaten?

Todd4State
10-11-2015, 11:32 PM
I don't see saunders getting in trouble unless he was doing more than everybody thought. He worked the system and if you called him out you looked bad. It's a society problem and he worked it. If you are learning disabled you get special provisions on the ACT. You could take it with a teacher present and they can explain the questions to you (because you, being disabled, can't properly understand the questions without help). You also were allowed to take the ACT in sections instead of the whole thing at once. So the playing field was set. Saunders could use the fact that highly rated athletes were learning disabled because they were really stupid. That's kind of a definition of it if you think about it. Hard to argue with him. That was what was referred to as "the plan". Get all the dumb kids classified as L.D. and they take the ACT in sections, un-timed, and with the help of a teacher. Of course they all make the required score, eventually and they are in. It was pretty foolproof in todays political environment. Who wants to be on the side of fighting against a poor black kid going to college because he's not officially LD in your eyes? What evidence did Saunders have that a kid was truly LD? Look at his test scores. There's your proof. He wasn't the only one, everybody was doing it (programs more concerned with football than academics). For a while there around half of the commits were LD guys. It got pretty bad. College campuses were turning into special ed schools while kids with 30's on the ACT had no chance of getting into schools like Ga, etc. Presidents and Chancellors didn't like it and some AD's didn't either. All coaches loved it of course. Actually Boone at OM said no more of it and that is where the falling out between him and Nutt got ramped up. Fighting over Saunders and his methods. Those were good times with UNM. Saunders sued Boone and UNM. hat is key because court documents are a boon (pun intended) for NCAA investigations. Ready made statements. The whole situation existed because of what was happening with society at the time. Nobody feels comfortable saying one kid is "smarter" than another anymore. If one kid does a lot better than another on a test it is because he has advantages, not because he is smarter. So you adjust for the advantages until the scores are equal, and now everybody is on equal ground. Proof of this is because the test scores are equal. It would be funny if we did 40 times in the same way. If a kid was really slow you would adjust the run, shorten it or start the clock late until he runs a 4.4. The problem of course would be that once he got on the field it would be apparent he couldn't compete. This happens on the academic side too, but nobody cares if they can't compete there. And you can get them through anyway. The NCAA has two paths to go on this: challenging the fact that dumb kids were actually LD (politically incorrect) or that the help they received taking the ACT was overboard (proctors were not just assisting them but answering the questions for them -or at least steering them too much to the correct answer). It's going to be tough for them and not a small process. They'll need somebody admit they took the test for a kid probably. They may have gotten that. It will be interesting to see.

Even if a student is LD, a teacher/test administrator can not change answers for them. That is by definition ACT fraud.

DancingRabbit
10-11-2015, 11:38 PM
They caught him in ACT fraud, caught him in lies and he quit cooperating with NCAA enforcement. You know what that means - show cause.

dnadawg
10-12-2015, 12:10 AM
This lady listed in ULL report appears to be the same one who helped Powe get into UNM.

"Crager, who put up about $1,700 of her own money to pay for Powe's BYU courses, maintains she didn't do Powe's work for him, but rather, unlike other teachers, took the time to teach him. "He is a big, lovable kid, and he'd put his arm around people and hug them and they'd go, 'Oh gosh, OK, just go to sleep' or 'OK, just go to the field house,' and what happened to him is he learned nothing," she said."

http://archive.sltrib.com/article.php?id=4646828&itype=NGPSID

War Machine Dawg
10-12-2015, 12:19 AM
So what did Fuente do that Hud didn't? You actually missed ULL being ranked a couple of times in his tenure? He doesn't have fedex writing blank checks either... And how many real teams has Fuente beaten?

Uhhh....FredEx isn't writing blank checks to Memphis. That program has ZERO support. To say what Fuente has done in just two years is damn near miraculous is an understatement. The president at UM hates athletics and would love to shut them down. That guy is one hell of a coach to overcome the challenges that Memphis presents. Recruiting base sucks because a) it's picked over by SEC programs and b) the horrible academic state of the newly merged Shelby County Schools. And TN as a state doesn't produce a ton of talent, with the best players wanting to go to UT. Memphis is a basketball town and school, with football being a very distant second. The kids here grow up dreaming of being hoops ballers, not football players. And the fan support is hot garbage on top of all of it. I'd hire the guy in a heartbeat and feel damn good about it. That school is probably one of the 5 or 10 toughest football jobs in America.

Dawg61
10-12-2015, 01:11 AM

You like paragraphs like you like soccer

HSVDawg
10-12-2015, 07:17 AM

Yeah, I must have missed when ULL was ranked in the last 4 years. You mind sharing with me when that was? I do know Hud hasn't done better than 8-4 in the regular season and hasn't won his conference. I realize Fuente hasn't either, but he appears to be well on his way to doing both this year. And also, how many real teams has Hud beaten? In either case, we'll learn a lot more about Fuente this weekend as far as how well he can punch above his weight class.

HSVDawg
10-12-2015, 07:31 AM

Nobody is suggesting that either has accomplished more than Mullen. The whole premise of the post was who would be desirable IF Mullen left. And in spite of our recent success, I can say with relative certainty that its highly unlikely we will be able to pull a proven head coach from a Power 5 school. So it will very likely be a Sun Belt / CUSA / Mountain West head coach or a Power 5 assistant. Shit, look at Florida and their history and resources, and they still had to hire a non-Power 5 head coach to fill their vacancy, as did Tennessee.

thf24
10-12-2015, 07:33 AM
Yeah, I must have missed when ULL was ranked in the last 4 years. You mind sharing with me when that was? I do know Hud hasn't done better than 8-4 in the regular season and hasn't won his conference. I realize Fuente hasn't either, but he appears to be well on his way to doing both this year. And also, how many real teams has Hud beaten? In either case, we'll learn a lot more about Fuente this weekend as far as how well he can punch above his weight class.

Fuente actually did tie for his conference title last year.

msstate7
10-12-2015, 07:34 AM
Fuente actually did tie for his conference title last year.

Hud tied for his 2 years ago I believe

msstate7
10-12-2015, 07:41 AM
It would be interesting to know how many borderline qualifiers for OM took their act in Wayne county and how far Wayne county is from their home

BrunswickDawg
10-12-2015, 07:52 AM
Nobody is suggesting that either has accomplished more than Mullen. The whole premise of the post was who would be desirable IF Mullen left. And in spite of our recent success, I can say with relative certainty that its highly unlikely we will be able to pull a proven head coach from a Power 5 school. So it will very likely be a Sun Belt / CUSA / Mountain West head coach or a Power 5 assistant. Shit, look at Florida and their history and resources, and they still had to hire a non-Power 5 head coach to fill their vacancy, as did Tennessee.

I get that. My point was more about where we are as a program and how attractive this job is now. Top tier pay, supportive fan base not psycho (like UF), non-dumpster fire (like TN was), clean rep, top facilities (UF is notorious for shit facilities), and proven to be able to be competitive for titles in the Big 4 (M & W Basketball, Football, and Baseball). We would not have a hard time getting someone higher tier than Hud or Fuente to look. They might not take it, but they will look now. They would not 8 years ago, or maybe even 5 years ago.

BeastMan
10-12-2015, 08:10 AM
I was a teacher at Madison Central back when Bobo Brown, Espy, and Chris Spencer were there.

I remember Bobo's teacher- who was an Ole Miss fan- bragging about helping Bobo do well on the ACT. It was pretty apparent that she took the thing for him since everyone in Madison County knew Bobo was illiterate. The guy had to have L and R on his gloves so that he knew which way to line up and which way the play was being run- and yet he made a 21 on the ACT.

Anyway- Saunders was at Ole Miss when all of that was going on. And probably behind that as well.

On this incident- I wonder if it is referring to Nick Brassell and Qyen Griffen? The reason I say that is Qyen used to play at ULL and was on the same team as Brassell at South Panola. I think I remember the issue with Qyen was qualifying as well- and then Qyen left for West Alabama I think. ULL has recruited a ton of guys from Mississippi so it could be one of any of them.

Bobo did not have L and R on his gloves. That is inaccurate. He was administered the ACT where it was untimed and read to him. There was always speculation there but I'm not going there b/c I like Bobo and was happy he got a score. End of the day he couldn't get in to OM or Michigan State so it didn't matter.

msstate7
10-12-2015, 08:12 AM
If it comes out that this test administrator was getting paid to fix act tests, could he be under a criminal investigation?

Coach34
10-12-2015, 09:34 AM
Bobo did not have L and R on his gloves. That is inaccurate. He was administered the ACT where it was untimed and read to him. There was always speculation there but I'm not going there b/c I like Bobo and was happy he got a score. End of the day he couldn't get in to OM or Michigan State so it didn't matter.

Justice used to tell the story that he did write that on there for him

Dawgbite
10-12-2015, 09:46 AM
A lot of the kids in this area go and take the ACT at Rust College because the rumor is that they can score 3-4 points higher there. My niece did it but only scored 1 point higher at Rust than her previous test.

BeastMan
10-12-2015, 09:53 AM
Justice used to tell the story that he did write that on there for him

100% false. Might be a funny story told in jest but Bobo did not have L or R on his gloves.

Bubb Rubb
10-12-2015, 10:23 AM
Uhhh....FredEx isn't writing blank checks to Memphis. That program has ZERO support. To say what Fuente has done in just two years is damn near miraculous is an understatement. The president at UM hates athletics and would love to shut them down. That guy is one hell of a coach to overcome the challenges that Memphis presents. Recruiting base sucks because a) it's picked over by SEC programs and b) the horrible academic state of the newly merged Shelby County Schools. And TN as a state doesn't produce a ton of talent, with the best players wanting to go to UT. Memphis is a basketball town and school, with football being a very distant second. The kids here grow up dreaming of being hoops ballers, not football players. And the fan support is hot garbage on top of all of it. I'd hire the guy in a heartbeat and feel damn good about it. That school is probably one of the 5 or 10 toughest football jobs in America.

The last president (I think her name was Shirley Raines) at Memphis didn't care about athletics. The one that's there now is ALL IN and has recently stated that athletics, specifically football, serves as the biggest recruiting tool for the university. They are actively pursuing admission to a power 5 conference, and see success in football and basketball as critical to getting that. They are already paying Fuente pretty big money and will do everything they can to keep him and their AD as long as they can. To say their fan support is garbage would be wrong, too. They just drew almost 50,000 fans for a Thursday night game against Cincinnati. That's pretty significant considering where that program was just two years ago.

I agree with you that Fuente has performed miracles there, and nobody else, including Hud, could've likely done the same. But the Fuente hire was part of a bigger effort by the university to embrace athletics, specifically football, as the face of the university. I'd say that some people took Tommy West's post-firing comments to heart.

PassInterference
10-12-2015, 10:32 AM
Link for ULL's response to the NCAA: http://ragincajuns.com/documents/2015/10/11//NCAA_Response_2015.pdf

Says Ole Miss was in an investigation in 2013. Saunders is damaged goods with Ole Miss fingerprints all over him.

So now we've got Ole Miss being hit with Tunsil's "loaner" car and probably ACT fraud with multiple players. And that's just what the public knows. Does anybody thing the public is aware of all the Ole Miss players being investigated? Of course not.

The sky is falling at Ole Miss. Grab your popcorn.

BTW, where the hell at the Clarion Ledger been on this? Kyle Veazey made some push with Freeze's smartass bluff at asking for the public to report violations to Ole Miss compliance. Through that the CL failed to print anything about the investigation that was happening at the time. Then Veazey set sail for Memphis. Blevins, God bless him, outed the Tunsil situation and was promptly sent away.

Today, we're learning more about Ole Miss from a Lafayette newspaper than we are from the Clarion Ledger.

War Machine Dawg
10-12-2015, 10:36 AM
The last president (I think her name was Shirley Raines) at Memphis didn't care about athletics. The one that's there now is ALL IN and has recently stated that athletics, specifically football, serves as the biggest recruiting tool for the university. They are actively pursuing admission to a power 5 conference, and see success in football and basketball as critical to getting that. They are already paying Fuente pretty big money and will do everything they can to keep him and their AD as long as they can. To say their fan support is garbage would be wrong, too. They just drew almost 50,000 fans for a Thursday night game against Cincinnati. That's pretty significant considering where that program was just two years ago.

I agree with you that Fuente has performed miracles there, and nobody else, including Hud, could've likely done the same. But the Fuente hire was part of a bigger effort by the university to embrace athletics, specifically football, as the face of the university. I'd say that some people took Tommy West's post-firing comments to heart.

I missed they had gotten a new president. Good to know. I stand by my fan support comments. Everyone shows up when they're team is winning. But they'll disappear after the first loss. And the Memphis media is probably salivating at the chance to eat their own like always. Tommy West nailed it.

Mjoelner34
10-12-2015, 10:43 AM
BTW, where the hell at the Clarion Ledger been on this?

They're probably busy piecing together a story on how this looks real bad for MSU since Hud and Stringer were both coaches there with one of them frequently mentioned as "the coach in waiting".

Bubb Rubb
10-12-2015, 10:44 AM
I missed they had gotten a new president. Good to know. I stand by my fan support comments. Everyone shows up when they're team is winning. But they'll disappear after the first loss. And the Memphis media is probably salivating at the chance to eat their own like always. Tommy West nailed it.

They are a commuter school in a metropolitan city owned by the SEC. When you compare their average attendance numbers to others in their conference, they more than hold their own. They have a pretty solid base of 25-30K that are there for every game. Of course more people show up when they're winning. Hell, we had empty seats Saturday for our game. All fanbases are fair weathered to a point. But they play in a 65,000 seat stadium, so they can draw 45,000 and still look like they have a crappy crowd there. You can't compare them to bigger, more established programs. They have support for what they are.

HailState39110
10-12-2015, 11:13 AM
They're probably busy piecing together a story on how this looks real bad for MSU since Hud and Stringer were both coaches there with one of them frequently mentioned as "the coach in waiting".

Kellenburger finally acknowledging the connection.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HKellenbergerCL/status/653600970316849152

In that link from Lafayettes reporter, Ole Miss has been involved in the investigation as well since December of 2013. It's amazing how much news we have to gather from other news outlets because the CL and NE Daily Journal are afraid to ruffle the feathers of OM

Westdawg
10-12-2015, 11:37 AM

Umm, Hud had led ULL to a few conference titles if I am not mistaken (I may be ) , which is why they went to the New Orleans bowl 2-3 times now - it is their conference champs bowl tie in

John Farley
10-12-2015, 12:30 PM
The New Orleans Bowl can pick any eligible team from the Belt to go to the game. They almost always pick the Cajuns cause it sells out. And the coaches that came through the conference like Freeze, Malzahn, and the guy that went to Boise I think won the conference. And Georgia Southern came in recently and has been kicking all their butts

fader2103
10-12-2015, 02:07 PM
100% false. Might be a funny story told in jest but Bobo did not have L or R on his gloves.

actually its not false. He did have L and R on his gloves, and JJ had to tell BOBO which way to go. But I will say BOBO was way smarter than Pooh Bear

BeastMan
10-12-2015, 02:48 PM
actually its not false. He did have L and R on his gloves, and JJ had to tell BOBO which way to go. But I will say BOBO was way smarter than Pooh Bear

Well lets see what JJ says. Check your DM for screen shots from JJ himself. On a side note I just found out I'm supposed to come to a game to honor the 99 team. If it wasn't for your post I wouldn't have texted JJ. We have to know each other