PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- Ribbed for Her Pleasure Edition

Coach34
10-11-2015, 04:49 PM
I need to re-watch the game- but here is what I saw from the Scoreboard Club:

1. Pulled Pork nachos are hard to beat.

2. Wayne Madkin is a legit 6'5 and really loves his school

3. Why did Prescott and Staley get sick but not Fitz? Dakota had to have an IV before the game just to be able to play

4. Fitz is going to be really good. He throws the ball better than Prescott right now. He doesnt have the presence, leadership, or decision making that Prescott possesses right now- but make no mistake- he is a QB. He throws the deep ball about as well as it can be thrown. He put all 3 long passes right on the money. Gray's pass was right there- truth be known it really shouldnt have been thrown to him, he was covered- but Fitz put it exactly where it had to be for Gray to make a play on it- outstanding play by both guys. The 2 passes to Bear were beautiful. Staley being sick and not being able to play much is a killer to him- he needs as many live reps as he can get to help him compete. Missing Spring and now live reps hurts his chances even more of winning the job. I still believe at the this point that even if Fitz wins the job- Staley is going to be good enough to play every week to get reps next Fall. He looks good back there.

5. What Mullen and Knox are doing at RB is ****ing ridiculous. I'm sick of watching it. I understand we are a RS program that likes to play upperclassmen. But when there is a gap in talent- its time to go younger. Dontavian Lee averages 8.2 ypc. Holloway 5.2. Williams is going for over 4. Shumpert is 3.8 ypc. He plays hard, he is a special teams warrior. He does all the little things- but he just aint the guy. Send him to defense and give this guy a chance to be successful in college football. He's not going to be at RB. Every snap Lee and Williams dont play RB minus a handful for Holloway is a waste. Play the hell out of those 2 and let's go with the growing pains as they mature.

6. Our Guard play is not good right now. Desper is ******* awful. Malone can kiss the draft goodbye. Play Jenkins- he is as good as Warren and needs the experience. Let Bama whip his ass like they did Clausell his R-Fr year- it will make a man out of him. I do see flashes of why Jenkins and Calhoun are called Hev's best OL recruits. We do pass block extremely well though.

7. Our run game is so vanilla its sickening. Mullen an Hev use no damn imagination. Our OL has struggled some- but we do nothing to help them. How about some imagination. How about leading Hutch up inside to hammer a LB and run the QB behind that? I watched K-State change up the zone read last night. Instead of leaving the DE- they blocked the DE and read the DT instead- sent the OG on the LB. It's called IMAGINATION. It's called COACHING. I know Mullen invented football- but it's time for he and Hev to invent something else. Troy pulled the TE/FB from the backside to kick out the DE on the zone read. We can #RTGDF if we will do something other than run our 2 normal run plays. ****. And how about adding the Tunnel Screen to use our talent at WR? Troy ran it on us 6-7 times. Would be a great addition to our offense.

8. Richie tweaked his ankle but is fine. I'm glad he did cause it caused Green to have to play the whole game. He needs live reps badly. He is not ready to start yet- he is not the natural the Brown Brothers are at recognizing formations and tendencies- but he is still very talented. #12 and #41 for some good reps too. They have NFL bodies. They arent there yet either- but make no mistake- those 2 are going to be real damn good.

9. Our DL played really well. I liked the adjustment of putting AJ on the Center to rush in passing situations. Chris Jones is not a 1st round pick. He is playing his way back into having to play a Sr season. Very disappointing. Nick is playing solid ball as is Adams. Hoyette's big ass is gonna be ok by next year. Our DL is going to be fine vs Bama and UPig. Offense has to do their part.

10. Bottom line- we dont have an identity on offense and some decisions have to be made as to what to do moving forward. WHAT WE ARE DOING RIGHT NOW ISNT WORKING. Either put some imagination into the run game and play the correct RB's- or put more effort into the passing game and let's throw it 45 times every Saturday. I'll repeat- WHAT WE ARE DOING RIGHT NOW ISNT WORKING. A good coach would make changes and adapt what he has and develop it to the fullest. A hardheaded Sumbitch thats going to run his system by God come Hell or high water will keep doing whats not working. We'll see where we go the next 2-3 weeks.

4-2 on our way to 7-2 waiting on Bammer.

Coach34
10-11-2015, 04:54 PM
11. When we go 5-wide- teams are running automatic stunts and blitzes against it. It's our turn to counter what they are going there (I'd suggest TUNNEL SCREEN)

mstatefan91
10-11-2015, 04:59 PM
#3.) You can already have had a virus in your lifetime and be immune to it...

HSVDawg
10-11-2015, 05:04 PM
So did Walley miss his 2nd straight game? I missed most of the first quarter but never saw him out there. What is his situation?

thf24
10-11-2015, 05:06 PM
I wonder what happened to Malone. He was looking like an NFL guard up to this year, now he's not good.

CadaverDawg
10-11-2015, 05:07 PM
Hoyette's big ass is gonna be ok by next year.

Totally agree with your whole summary. Our lack of imagination and creativity on offense makes me want to punch someone in the throat. We aren't abandoning the run and going all pass, but we aren't changing up the run....we're just running the same shit over and over and watching it fail! What. The. F?

Great breakdown, coach....especially the part I quoted above. I belly laughed for some reason. Hoyett is ****ing huge

Maroonthirteen
10-11-2015, 05:21 PM
7. ATM game... Twice we had a called QB run, where Dak fakes to Shump, followed him into the hole and Shump blew up the MLB. Worked both times. I imagine we will run it again at some point.

Tbonewannabe
10-11-2015, 05:24 PM
Totally agree with your whole summary. Our lack of imagination and creativity on offense makes me want to punch someone in the throat. We aren't abandoning the run and going all pass, but we aren't changing up the run....we're just running the same shit over and over and watching it fail! What. The. F?

Great breakdown, coach....especially the part I quoted above. I belly laughed for some reason. Hoyett is ****ing huge

This is what kills me. We have only a couple of run plays in the playbook right now.

defiantdog
10-11-2015, 05:30 PM
I need to re-watch the game- but here is what I saw from the Scoreboard Club:

1. Pulled Pork nachos are hard to beat.

2. Wayne Madkin is a legit 6'5 and really loves his school

3. Why did Prescott and Staley get sick but not Fitz? Dakota had to have an IV before the game just to be able to play

4. Fitz is going to be really good. He throws the ball better than Prescott right now. He doesnt have the presence, leadership, or decision making that Prescott possesses right now- but make no mistake- he is a QB. He throws the deep ball about as well as it can be thrown. He put all 3 long passes right on the money. Gray's pass was right there- truth be known it really shouldnt have been thrown to him, he was covered- but Fitz put it exactly where it had to be for Gray to make a play on it- outstanding play by both guys. The 2 passes to Bear were beautiful. Staley being sick and not being able to play much is a killer to him- he needs as many live reps as he can get to help him compete. Missing Spring and now live reps hurts his chances even more of winning the job. I still believe at the this point that even if Fitz wins the job- Staley is going to be good enough to play every week to get reps next Fall. He looks good back there.

5. What Mullen and Knox are doing at RB is ****ing ridiculous. I'm sick of watching it. I understand we are a RS program that likes to play upperclassmen. But when there is a gap in talent- its time to go younger. Dontavian Lee averages 8.2 ypc. Holloway 5.2. Williams is going for over 4. Shumpert is 3.8 ypc. He plays hard, he is a special teams warrior. He does all the little things- but he just aint the guy. Send him to defense and give this guy a chance to be successful in college football. He's not going to be at RB. Every snap Lee and Williams dont play RB minus a handful for Holloway is a waste. Play the hell out of those 2 and let's go with the growing pains as they mature. Mullen is done trying to run the ball this year IMO..... he treated the game as a scrimmage and basically ran vanilla plays for the RBs. Ross, Myles and Dear will be our new RBs this year..... but in a nontraditional way.

6. Our Guard play is not good right now. Desper is ******* awful. Malone can kiss the draft goodbye. Play Jenkins- he is as good as Warren and needs the experience. Let Bama whip his ass like they did Clausell his R-Fr year- it will make a man out of him. I do see flashes of why Jenkins and Calhoun are called Hev's best OL recruits. We do pass block extremely well though. I really think they have to find their balance. We've made a lot of changes since last year on the OL. Plus we started a new LT. These guys need to learn each other's tendencies.

7. Our run game is so vanilla its sickening. Mullen an Hev use no damn imagination. Our OL has struggled some- but we do nothing to help them. How about some imagination. How about leading Hutch up inside to hammer a LB and run the QB behind that? I watched K-State change up the zone read last night. Instead of leaving the DE- they blocked the DE and read the DT instead- sent the OG on the LB. It's called IMAGINATION. It's called COACHING. I know Mullen invented football- but it's time for he and Hev to invent something else. Troy pulled the TE/FB from the backside to kick out the DE on the zone read. We can #RTGDF if we will do something other than run our 2 normal run plays. ****. And how about adding the Tunnel Screen to use our talent at WR? Troy ran it on us 6-7 times. Would be a great addition to our offense.

8. Richie tweaked his ankle but is fine. I'm glad he did cause it caused Green to have to play the whole game. He needs live reps badly. He is not ready to start yet- he is not the natural the Brown Brothers are at recognizing formations and tendencies- but he is still very talented. #12 and #41 for some good reps too. They have NFL bodies. They arent there yet either- but make no mistake- those 2 are going to be real damn good.

9. Our DL played really well. I liked the adjustment of putting AJ on the Center to rush in passing situations. Chris Jones is not a 1st round pick. He is playing his way back into having to play a Sr season. Very disappointing. Nick is playing solid ball as is Adams. Hoyette's big ass is gonna be ok by next year. Our DL is going to be fine vs Bama and UPig. Offense has to do their part. Didn't Chris Jones sit the entire second half? He was pretty disruptive the 1st half.

10. Bottom line- we dont have an identity on offense and some decisions have to be made as to what to do moving forward. WHAT WE ARE DOING RIGHT NOW ISNT WORKING. Either put some imagination into the run game and play the correct RB's- or put more effort into the passing game and let's throw it 45 times every Saturday. I'll repeat- WHAT WE ARE DOING RIGHT NOW ISNT WORKING. A good coach would make changes and adapt what he has and develop it to the fullest. A hardheaded Sumbitch thats going to run his system by God come Hell or high water will keep doing whats not working. We'll see where we go the next 2-3 weeks.

4-2 on our way to 7-2 waiting on Bammer.

I'm not throwing in the towel against top 20 opponents quite yet. But we need to find success on the ground, consistency through the air and on the OL, and constant aggressiveness. We have the pieces, we just need them to all be together at the right time.

I seen it dawg
10-11-2015, 05:48 PM
Mullen doesn't look like he wants to ****ing be here. His visor yesterday matches his pink *****. Either get some life and energy and start doing some damn coaching on the offensive side of the ball or get the **** out of here. And take Hevesy ass with you. You ****ers are sucking the life out of our program. Strain that muther****er.

mstatefan91
10-11-2015, 05:54 PM
Mullen doesn't look like he wants to ****ing be here. His visor yesterday matches his pink *****. Either get some life and energy and start doing some damn coaching on the offensive side of the ball or get the **** out of here. And take Hevesy ass with you. You ****ers are sucking the life out of our program. Strain that muther****er.

I'm glad that you aren't the AD

Jack Lambert
10-11-2015, 05:59 PM
So did Walley miss his 2nd straight game? I missed most of the first quarter but never saw him out there. What is his situation?

Broke hand bone.

defiantdog
10-11-2015, 06:02 PM

Yikes..... I guess you don't remember the times we used to struggle against teams like Troy. Here's a little refresher -----> http://espn.go.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=242620344. I remember that miserable, rainy game like it was yesterday. Mullen is still enthusiastic about the game and about State. He has confidence now...... something some of our fans will never obtain.

Liverpooldawg
10-11-2015, 06:10 PM
The offensive problems begin and end up front. If you can't block it doesn't matter what you do, scheme all you want, it ain't gonna work. Right now we do a barely adequate job of pass blocking. We do alright on the short stuff but against the better defenses the downfield stuff is a struggle. The run blocking is just down right awful. They do seem to be improving a bit but they had an such long way to go that its going to take a while at this rate for it to show up much. it reminds me of the year we were breaking in Clausell among others. They came good in the end.

CadaverDawg
10-11-2015, 06:16 PM
If you can't block it doesn't matter what you do, scheme all you want, it ain't gonna work.

This is just flat out false. You're wrong. Sorry.

You don't just throw in the towel if your OL isn't run blocking well. You get creative, and you design plays to take pressure off of them.

Liverpooldawg
10-11-2015, 06:21 PM
If you can't block, it doesn't matter what the heck you do. I haven't seen a thing at all so far that resembles adequate run blocking. I've watched a lot of football over the years, a lot of it from sidelines. I have yet to see ANYTHING that can compensate for a bad offensive line. Create all you want. You HAVE to have blocking.

Coach34
10-11-2015, 06:40 PM
The offensive problems begin and end up front. If you can't block it doesn't matter what you do, scheme all you want, it ain't gonna work. .

Thats dumb as shit. People said the same thing in 2008 when defending Croom- then 2009 happened with those same shitty linemen. Go back and look at 2009 clips and watch how creative we were compared to today.

DLee averages 8.2 ypc
Holloway averages 5.2

Why can those guys run the ball?

I seen it dawg
10-11-2015, 06:57 PM
Yikes..... I guess you don't remember the times we used to struggle against teams like Troy. Here's a little refresher -----> http://espn.go.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=242620344. I remember that miserable, rainy game like it was yesterday. Mullen is still enthusiastic about the game and about State. He has confidence now...... something some of our fans will never obtain.

Appreciate the floor being raised with our program. Kudos. I WANT HIM TO BE SUCCESFUL AND STAY. But if he's not going to change and stays so damn hard headed then he can go. I think the ceiling has been hit. I'm in the minority and maybe with just a few people. But I stand by it and not a poster on here will change my mind. Only Mullen will. I just think he's reached his ceiling here.

I seen it dawg
10-11-2015, 06:59 PM
I'm glad that you aren't the AD

I wish Mullen would be better. Guess that makes us even.

Liverpooldawg
10-11-2015, 07:03 PM
Thats dumb as shit. People said the same thing in 2008 when defending Croom- then 2009 happened with those same shitty linemen. Go back and look at 2009 clips and watch how creative we were compared to today.

DLee averages 8.2 ypc
Holloway averages 5.2

Why can those guys run the ball?

Have you noticed they can't do it consistently? What's the mean on their yardage per carry? I've never seen that statistic and it would give you a better idea of what they are really doing, esp since nobody has that many overall yards or carries. One long run will distort the average big time when the overall yardage is small. For the record I agree with you about Shump and have been saying so since BEFORE we signed him. He needs to be on the other side of the ball.

I've been closely associated with a HS program for a long time now. It's a solid program that is sometimes championship caliber. They have the hardware to prove it. They once had a coach that was WIDELY recognized as one of the most creative offensive minds around. His offense was based on unpredictability, misdirection, motion, and multiple formations. It was something to watch when he had the hosses to run it flat out. The funny thing was, when he didn't have the hosses to run it flat out the playbook didn't get thicker or more creative, it did just the opposite. He would cut it down based on what they were capable of doing. That was esp. true when he had an inconsistent offensive line. That's my background on this kind of thing. It just looks to me that that is what we are having to do now.

HSVDawg
10-11-2015, 07:10 PM
Broke hand bone.

How long is he out? Will he be back before UK?

EngineerDawg
10-11-2015, 07:13 PM
C34, would you say our offensive problems were similar to the Philadelphia Eagles? I was watching them today play the saints and was intrigued when the announcers were talking about how Murray has difficulties running from the gun.

Coach34
Have you noticed they can't do it consistently? What's the mean on their yardage per carry? I've never seen that statistic and it would give you a better idea of what they are really doing, esp since nobody has that many overall yards or carries. One long run will distort the average big time when the overall yardage is small. For the record I agree with you about Shump and have been saying so since BEFORE we signed him. He needs to be on the other side of the ball.

DLee went 5/44 Saturday- he had a long run of 23- so he was still 4/21 on his other carries which was better than anybody and 5 ypc.
Shump was 6/14 Saturday

Our OL will be alot better with some imagination and playing the correct RB's. When the D knows exactly what you are going to run- they can jump it. Its harder to block when the D knows what you are doing. Just like its harder to pass block when we go 5-wide due to the stunts and blitzes people are now running against it.

Tyson Lee and Chris Relf couldnt throw worth a shit in 2009 and people stacked the box- but we still ran the ball well because we were CREATIVE. We arent creative. Every guy on the OL has been in college awhile- so we dont have to dumb it down for them.

Saltydog
and every year some people here blasted me for it. Hopefully those people are now seeing the light.

GreenheadDawg
Appreciate the floor being raised with our program. Kudos. I WANT HIM TO BE SUCCESFUL AND STAY. But if he's not going to change and stays so damn hard headed then he can go. I think the ceiling has been hit. I'm in the minority and maybe with just a few people. But I stand by it and not a poster on here will change my mind. Only Mullen will. I just think he's reached his ceiling here.

I'm with you 100%. I said last week on here that I think last season was our absolute max with Mullen. Most people will be happy with that because you know, " we used to suck and lost to Maine and shit so we should all just be thankful". Mullen is human and will make mistakes but the key is learning from your mistakes and growing, moving forward. He doesn't seem to do that. Mullen is gonna Mullen. Period

CadaverDawg
10-11-2015, 07:18 PM

I've been closely associated with a HS program for a long time now. It's a solid program that is sometimes championship caliber. They have the hardware to prove it. They once had a coach that was WIDELY recognized as one of the most creative offensive minds around. His offense was based on unpredictability, misdirection, motion, and multiple formations. It was something to watch when he had the hosses to run it flat out. The funny thing was, when he didn't have the hosses to run it flat out the playbook didn't get thicker or more creative, it did just the opposite. He would cut it down based on what they were capable of doing. That was esp. true when he had an inconsistent offensive line. That's my background on this kind of thing. It just looks to me that that is what we are having to do now.

This ain't Highschool, and your coach wasn't making 4 mil a year. You can't just say "aw shucks", and dumb it down in SEC ball.

If you're creative enough to make a 9 game winner out of Chris Relf...you're creative enough to design ways to move the ball through the air and on the ground with the talent we have now...yes, even our OL. Mullen is shitting the bed with his personnel usage and play calls on offense.

Liverpooldawg
10-11-2015, 07:23 PM
DLee went 5/44 Saturday- he had a long run of 23- so he was still 4/21 on his other carries which was better than anybody and 5 ypc.
Shump was 6/14 Saturday

Our OL will be alot better with some imagination and playing the correct RB's. When the D knows exactly what you are going to run- they can jump it. Its harder to block when the D knows what you are doing. Just like its harder to pass block when we go 5-wide due to the stunts and blitzes people are now running against it.

Tyson Lee and Chris Relf couldnt throw worth a shit in 2009 and people stacked the box- but we still ran the ball well because we were CREATIVE. We arent creative. Every guy on the OL has been in college awhile- so we dont have to dumb it down for them.

Creative......like being unpredictable, using misdirection, using multiple formations, and using a lot of motion? One more time, I AGREE with you on the running back situation. You don't have to argue with me there. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on the creativity thing. You have to adapt to what you can do. When you have a less capable unit, in my experience that means cutting back on the playbook, not making it bigger. It worked for us, and in a big way.

Liverpooldawg
10-11-2015, 07:31 PM
This ain't Highschool, and your coach wasn't making 4 mil a year. You can't just say "aw shucks", and dumb it down in SEC ball.

If you're creative enough to make a 9 game winner out of Chris Relf...you're creative enough to design ways to move the ball through the air and on the ground with the talent we have now...yes, even our OL. Mullen is shitting the bed with his personnel usage and play calls on offense.

I realize things are bigger and better on this level but football is football man. Back then we did EXACTLY what you are wanting MSU to do, when we could. That's how we won like we did. You do what you are most capable of doing when you can't do it all. Notice I didn't say just say "capable." That "most" totally changes the meaning there. From what I have seen what we REALLY need to do is attempt to run the ball only enough to make something of an effort at keeping defenses honest. We need to be pretty much a passing team with a big emphasis on the short stuff. Think the second half of the LSU game. I hope that changes, but as of now I just don't see it happening this year.

Taog Redloh
10-11-2015, 07:55 PM
5. What Mullen and Knox are doing at RB is ****ing ridiculous. I'm sick of watching it. I understand we are a RS program that likes to play upperclassmen. But when there is a gap in talent- its time to go younger. Dontavian Lee averages 8.2 ypc. Holloway 5.2. Williams is going for over 4. Shumpert is 3.8 ypc. He plays hard, he is a special teams warrior. He does all the little things- but he just aint the guy. Send him to defense and give this guy a chance to be successful in college football. He's not going to be at RB. Every snap Lee and Williams dont play RB minus a handful for Holloway is a waste. Play the hell out of those 2 and let's go with the growing pains as they mature.
Goat Holder, circa 2013

Dontavian Lee is the guy. He was the guy in bowl practices last year, spring practice this year, and then again in the fall.

Liverpooldawg
10-11-2015, 08:01 PM
and every year some people here blasted me for it. Hopefully those people are now seeing the light.
I agree. I said when I saw him play in HS that OLB was where he needed to be in college.

Todd4State
10-11-2015, 08:22 PM

YPC is the best stat for determining how good a RB is. There is no reason to take out long runs because that would actually skew the data- and it also makes zero sense to do so since getting long runs is part of something that you WANT your running back to do regardless of scheme. That would be like not counting home runs when trying to determine who the best baseball player is. Or saying that Tony Dorsett sucks if you took out his long runs.

As far as the pure RB's- counting Dear as a slot WR- Holloway has the longest run this year amongst them at 35 yards. So, if anyone has their data skewed by a long run it's most likely him. Dear has the longest run on the year for us by the way for those that are curious.

Todd4State
10-11-2015, 08:24 PM
I agree. I said when I saw him play in HS that OLB was where he needed to be in college.

I think he is better at FB. He can block as well as anyone and he has good hands out of the backfield. Plus, he can consistently get 2-3 yards at a time.

SallyStansbury
10-11-2015, 08:25 PM
I recall our offensive success with Relf in 09&10. I also recall Mullen screaming at HUD etc....now Mullen has no offensive coordinator and he, Hev, Sallach, QB coach, bobble head nodding in unison, but where are the results? Maybe we need someone for Mullen to scream at again?

Sherrod, Saulsberry and Gabe Jackson were good linemen on those teams.

Saltydog
10-11-2015, 08:29 PM
passing/blocking situations the only other alternative is OLB. The only other alternative I could see is some type of hybrid TE or something because he does have good hands. He just has feet of a bad OL.

BoomBoom
10-11-2015, 08:29 PM
Creative......like being unpredictable, using misdirection, using multiple formations, and using a lot of motion? One more time, I AGREE with you on the running back situation. You don't have to argue with me there. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on the creativity thing. You have to adapt to what you can do. When you have a less capable unit, in my experience that means cutting back on the playbook, not making it bigger. It worked for us, and in a big way.

It's true that there's less you can do with a poor OL, but it doesnt mean that you can't do anything. You are arguing that Mullen's hands are tied, and that's bullshit. If it were true, OL coaches would make all the money, not head coaches.

Defenses across college football have figured out the zone read. Yet we keep running it. Mullen has to adjust, and right now he is failing at his job.

Liverpooldawg
10-11-2015, 08:53 PM
It's true that there's less you can do with a poor OL, but it doesnt mean that you can't do anything. You are arguing that Mullen's hands are tied, and that's bullshit. If it were true, OL coaches would make all the money, not head coaches.

Defenses across college football have figured out the zone read. Yet we keep running it. Mullen has to adjust, and right now he is failing at his job.

Yeah, they really had it figured out last year. Even in the games we lost we still put up huge offensive numbers. The difference this year is PERSONNEL and really more to the point, experienced personnel. We lost a LOT, as was pointed out to us repeatedly by the media. WE as a fanbase chose to ignore that, hence or unrealistic expectations this year.

BoomBoom
10-11-2015, 09:13 PM
Yeah, they really had it figured out last year. Even in the games we lost we still put up huge offensive numbers. The difference this year is PERSONNEL and really more to the point, experienced personnel. We lost a LOT, as was pointed out to us repeatedly by the media. WE as a fanbase chose to ignore that, hence or unrealistic expectations this year.

We still have all SEC QB and multiple recievers. We have mutiple good OL. You speak as if we have 5 schlubs out there. We have plenty to see more results than we have.

If Mullen proves himself to be the Joe Lee Dunn of offensive coaches, how long would prefer this program to continue down the wrong path? IF Mullen can't adjust, we have to be ready to fire him after next season, so that the program is still in great shape for the next coach, most likely a better field coach that can produce with what Mullen has built the program to.

Mullen has to prove he can beat a team with more or equal talent on thr field, by outcoaching the other coach. He never has, but he sure has been outcoached on the field plenty. He's the Shumpert of gameday coaches. He does all the things to be prepared, but that doesnt matter if he just doesnt have it.

War Machine Dawg
10-11-2015, 09:26 PM
We still have all SEC QB and multiple recievers. We have mutiple good OL. You speak as if we have 5 schlubs out there. We have plenty to see more results than we have.

If Mullen proves himself to be the Joe Lee Dunn of offensive coaches, how long would prefer this program to continue down the wrong path? IF Mullen can't adjust, we have to be ready to fire him after next season, so that the program is still in great shape for the next coach, most likely a better field coach that can produce with what Mullen has built the program to.

Mullen has to prove he can beat a team with more or equal talent on thr field, by outcoaching the other coach. He never has, but he sure has been outcoached on the field plenty. He's the Shumpert of gameday coaches. He does all the things to be prepared, but that doesnt matter if he just doesnt have it.

Not to mention we returned something like over 60% of the actual production from last year's team.

I seen it dawg
10-11-2015, 09:32 PM
Never thought the offense would be the problem.

Coach34
10-11-2015, 09:32 PM

We returned the 4th most production in the SEC. That means other schools are having to put new people in there to produce more than we are

Jack Lambert
10-11-2015, 09:36 PM
How long is he out? Will he be back before UK?

don't know. I only caught it on the replay of the game. ONe of he anouncers said that his hand was broken. Anyways the freshman back up did a pretty good job.