PDA

View Full Version : Statistical Update, 2015 Week 6

Quaoarsking
10-11-2015, 10:57 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippi_State_Bulldogs_football_statistical_le aders

Not a whole lot to report this week since Dak barely played, but here goes:

Dak Prescott
Extended career records:
536 completions
6,936 passing yards
49 passing touchdowns
9,089 total offense yards
83 total touchdowns
He's 56 rushing yards away from entering the top 10, so he should get there ... sometime this season, probably.
Despite a step backward in his stats this season, he's on pace to be near the top of the leaderboards:
118 completions puts him on pace to break the single-season completions record he set last year.
1,353 passing yards put him on pace to pass Tyler Russell's 2012 season for 2nd (still behind his season last year).
His 8 passing touchdowns seem disappointing (especially when you consider how much we throw now), but that's still on pace to be 3rd on the leaderboards.

Fred Ross
I discussed last week how Fred Ross is on pace to smash our single-season receptions record, and lo and behold the Clarion-Ledger makes it into a big story. Ross remains on pace for the record, despite only 3 catches yesterday.
He also remains on long-term pace to break our career records. Assuming 20 more games in his career:
He needs 4.4 reception per game to break David Smith's record of 162.
He needs 64 yards per game to break Chad Bumphis's record of 2,270.
He needs 0.9 touchdowns per game to break Chad Bumphis's record of 24. This one is a longshot since he only has 6 in his career now, but I think it's somewhat concidental that he has so few. Worst case scenario he should find 8 more in his career to tie Bill Buckley for 5th with 14.

De'Runnya Wilson
Wilson is now 7 catches from entering the career top 10.
He's also 175 yards from entering the career top 10, so I bet he'll get there this year.
He added 1 touchdown yesterday to give him 15 total and sole possession of 4th place. Eric Moulds and Justin Jenkins are tied for 2nd with 17 receiving touchdowns, so he should pass them soon.
If Wilson does return for his senior year, it will be entertaining to see whether he can hold off Fred Ross and take the school records for himself. Right now he's ahead of Ross in all 3 categories, but Ross has steadily gained on him all year.

Others
Joe Morrow has had a really quiet yard (2 catches for 55 yards and 1 TD), but he has 6 career receiving touchdowns, which is only 4 away from entering a tie for 10th. Of course, Fred Ross will probably get more than that and knock them all out, but it's at least plausible that Morrow could get hot in the second half of the season and find his way on the leaderboard.
Nick Fitzgerald has thrown 3 touchdown passes and rushed for 3, giving him 6 total touchdowns on the year. It would take 16 for him to enter the single-season top 10. If Dak had to miss another game for whatever reason (I'm not advocating this!) and Fitz continues to grab a garbage time TD here and there, he would have a shot to enter that top 10. For that matter, the cutoff for the career top 10 is 35, so I expect Fitz to end up on that list one day even if Staley eventually supplants him.
Assuming 20 more games, Richie Brown needs 10.2 tackles per game to pass Daniel Boyd for 10th on the career tackles list. Still a long time between now and then, but I think he has a pretty good chance to get there.
Westin Graves is now 7/7 on the year and should enter the kicking leaderboards soon.