PDA

View Full Version : My random thoughts

Todd4State
10-10-2015, 10:45 PM
I liked the gray pants.

Fitz really stepped up. With some of our coaches in the past, with our starting QB out and things not clicking on offense, there is a REAL good chance that we would have lost this game. Instead we kicked ass business as usual. Dan has to get a lot of credit for that.

Lee is the best RB and even though Dear didn't have a good day, I was glad to see him worked in.

Bear is a badass. So are Ross and Gray. I thought Justin Johnson played pretty well also.

O-line had a rough time but Troy's defense is not bad in terms of points allowed- 49 to NC State, 16 to I-AA, 28 to Wisconsin, and 24 to South Alabama. We blew them out with our back-up QB.

The D was nasty in the first half and I LOVED it. Especially when their QB's would scramble for their lives and then look to go down when no one was around.

Good to see us get some turnovers on D and we even got a TD off of one.

Good to see Peters, Bryant, and McLaurin play a lot. Same for JT Gray and Gerri Green.

I thought our special teams did pretty well. The worst thing was the muffed onside kick. But pretty good overall.

I was really happy with how we played in the first half other than the running game and then the second half I wasn't real pleased with us lacking intensity again in a game where we were up big.

tcdog70
10-11-2015, 10:25 AM
A big thumbs up with the gray pants. A Clasisic look

defiantdog
10-11-2015, 10:36 AM
I liked the gray pants.

Fitz really stepped up. With some of our coaches in the past, with our starting QB out and things not clicking on offense, there is a REAL good chance that we would have lost this game. Instead we kicked ass business as usual. Dan has to get a lot of credit for that.

Lee is the best RB and even though Dear didn't have a good day, I was glad to see him worked in.

Bear is a badass. So are Ross and Gray. I thought Justin Johnson played pretty well also.

O-line had a rough time but Troy's defense is not bad in terms of points allowed- 49 to NC State, 16 to I-AA, 28 to Wisconsin, and 24 to South Alabama. We blew them out with our back-up QB.

The D was nasty in the first half and I LOVED it. Especially when their QB's would scramble for their lives and then look to go down when no one was around.

Good to see us get some turnovers on D and we even got a TD off of one.

Good to see Peters, Bryant, and McLaurin play a lot. Same for JT Gray and Gerri Green.

I thought our special teams did pretty well. The worst thing was the muffed onside kick. But pretty good overall.

I was really happy with how we played in the first half other than the running game and then the second half I wasn't real pleased with us lacking intensity again in a game where we were up big.

Next year will be interesting without Redmond and Calhoun. There was an apparent drop off when they weren't covering the outside receivers.

basedog
10-11-2015, 10:56 AM
Next year will be interesting without Redmond and Calhoun. There was an apparent drop off when they weren't covering the outside receivers.

Why did you say that when Troy never really threw the ball down the field? No doubt losing those two will be huge, but yesterday? Also tackling in the secondary was much better yesterday.

defiantdog
10-11-2015, 11:07 AM
Why did you say that when Troy never really threw the ball down the field? No doubt losing those two will be huge, but yesterday? Also tackling in the secondary was much better yesterday.

Graham covered the outside receiver on 4th and long and was completely lost on the throw. Also, Calhoun and Redmond blow up screens..... Troy was able to throw the screen at will against us.

basedog
10-11-2015, 11:26 AM
Graham covered the outside receiver on 4th and long and was completely lost on the throw. Also, Calhoun and Redmond blow up screens..... Troy was able to throw the screen at will against us.

Yes Graham got turned around. It's not only the corners who cover screens, you have safeties and linebackers involved. I thought our back up secondary played decent, they didn't give up a big play except the Graham error and he has had none to very little experience.

cbrunt29
10-11-2015, 12:05 PM
A big thumbs up with the gray pants. A Clasisic look
BUT OUR COLORS ARE MAROON AND WHITE MANE***