PDA

View Full Version : Troy is the most bush league team in the NCAA

Todd4State
10-10-2015, 10:30 PM
Obviously this is not sour grapes.

But I do not like anything that they do. With their offense they did some silly things like look around and then hand the ball off like they were tricking someone. I couldn't tell if they just didn't know the offense or if they were just trying to be cute.

I think it's pretty silly that they changed the name of the school from Troy State to Troy. They sound like they are some douchebag at the bar. And then they have the Alabama rip off helmets with the big T on it.

And to top it off as if they weren't unlikeable enough- it seemed like they were trying to fight somebody after every damn play. It was ridiculous.

Now some of this stems back to the time we played them on the road a couple of years ago where they were equally bush league- includnig having a silly golf cart shaped like an airplane that they puttered out to midfield after every score. They also had the brilliant idea to have Thunder Stixx to try to counter the cowbells which was cute.

If there is a school that I am all for NOT playing again- it's Troy. They suck.

Liverpooldawg
10-10-2015, 11:07 PM
Ugh, ok. We played like crap in some facets of the game and still had them 38-0 at halftime and held on to blow them out. I'll take that every time from a non-conferance cupcake. As far as calling them bush league, whatever makes you feel good man. I don't care enough about them one way or another to care.

wasabaka
10-10-2015, 11:10 PM
Jesus Christ get a grip, dude.

Todd4State
10-10-2015, 11:19 PM
I do feel better. A lot of times I root for our OOC opponents after we play them- but Troy just annoys me.

Maroonthirteen
10-11-2015, 12:03 AM
Yeah, I've never cared for them. It goes back to Larry Blakeney making some smart @$$ comments about Jackie.. Back in the day.

dawgoneyall
10-11-2015, 08:10 AM
Obviously you did not stand in line for an hour while they were checking for cowbells (artificial noise makers) then see them hand out thunder sticks. Nothing but assholes would do that.

msstate7
10-11-2015, 08:12 AM
I thought the fg to beat the spread was an interesting decision by Troy's coach

scottycameron
10-11-2015, 09:32 AM
they are bush. They went with the grey look too, I'm sure that wasn't coincidence, sure they got a little kick out of it. BTW, it looked like a pre civil war confederate scrimmage out there. Should have played that game in hemingway, half timed in the grooooove with the confederate soldier keeping watch, and drank mint juleps served by the help afterwards.
What in the hell is this new color changing trend all the sudden?

chef dixon
10-11-2015, 10:09 AM
they are bush. They went with the grey look too, I'm sure that wasn't coincidence, sure they got a little kick out of it. BTW, it looked like a pre civil war confederate scrimmage out there. Should have played that game in hemingway, half timed in the grooooove with the confederate soldier keeping watch, and drank mint juleps served by the help afterwards.
What in the hell is this new color changing trend all the sudden?

I'll take those pants yesterday all day over the big crooked M on the others.

thf24
10-11-2015, 10:46 AM
As far as in-game stuff goes, I was annoyed by the onside kick and the field goal. I know most will probably disagree about the onside kick since it technically could still have been a game at that point, but come on. Do you really want to "threaten," just to have us put our 1st teamers and 1st half scheme back in and throttle you some more; or accept that you didn't catch us down enough to pull an upset, and finish the game out conventionally to give your offense some quality work against our 2nd and 3rd teamers? Probably not the popular opinion as I said, but that's the way I see it. The field goal, why? What's more valuable, chip shot field goal practice and 3 more points in a blowout, or giving your offense a practice rep in a 4th and goal situation? Maybe I'm wrong there too, I don't know. Interesting indeed that those 3 points just happened to beat the spread, 7.

Where'sWaldo
10-11-2015, 10:48 PM
I thought the field goal was the right play. A touchdown loses you the game and so does a field goal so keep
The spirit of your team high and end the game on a high note?