PDA

View Full Version : Running back position

Bocephus
10-10-2015, 06:52 PM
After a 6 game debacle with our running game, I would hitch my wagon to Dontavion Lee and roll.

msstate7
10-10-2015, 06:56 PM
I think I would do pretty much what we did vs auburn... Abandon the run. We aren't gonna beat any sec team with our running

defiantdog
10-10-2015, 06:58 PM
I think I would do pretty much what we did vs auburn... Abandon the run. We aren't gonna beat any sec team with our running
There you go with that logic again

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-10-2015, 07:01 PM
After a 6 game debacle with our running game, I would hitch my wagon to Dontavion Lee and roll.

Agree with Lee going forward. But I think our running woes has more to do with the OL and the guy coaching them.

msstate7
10-10-2015, 07:01 PM
There you go with that logic again

I would love to run the ball. I just don't see it happening.

Leroy Jenkins
10-10-2015, 07:02 PM
If we took some of those WRs off the field and put more O-linemen out there we could run better.:cool::rolleyes:

msstate7
10-10-2015, 07:04 PM
If we took some of those WRs off the field and put more O-linemen out there we could run better.

Take our best offensive players off the field and replace them with our worst offensive players... I don't like this strategy

defiantdog
10-10-2015, 07:10 PM
If we took some of those WRs off the field and put more O-linemen out there we could run better.
Yikes..... Not the best idea with this team

Homedawg
10-10-2015, 07:14 PM

What a stupid statement*** we have to be balanced!!!! I want to run as much as the next guy- fact is, we can't. Just can't. But those who want balance can beat their heads against the wall for 6 more games.

defiantdog
10-10-2015, 07:19 PM
What a stupid statement*** we have to be balanced!!!! I want to run as much as the next guy- fact is, we can't. Just can't. But those who want balance can beat their heads against the wall for 6 more games.

You need more of these *******************************

msstate7
10-10-2015, 07:21 PM
Using 247, we've signed 2 olinemen that are 4*'s (jake Thomas and rankin). Neither of those are on the field this year. Our staff simply isn't getting it done with oline recruiting. How different would our oline have looked last year had a walk on fell into our laps? If bowls are the goal, we're gonna be fine. If the sec west is the goal, we've gotta do better at oline recruiting.

defiantdog
10-10-2015, 07:25 PM
Using 247, we've signed 2 olinemen that are 4*'s (jake Thomas and rankin). Neither of those are on the field this year. Our staff simply isn't getting it done with oline recruiting. How different would our oline have looked last year had a walk on fell into our laps? If bowls are the goal, we're gonna be fine. If the sec west is the goal, we've gotta do better at oline recruiting.

Damien Robinson was also considered a 4*. OL seem nearly impossible to evaluate.

Bocephus
10-10-2015, 08:29 PM
Damien Robinson was also considered a 4*. OL seem nearly impossible to evaluate.

It sure seems impossible for us to evaluate the OL.

Tbonewannabe
10-10-2015, 08:40 PM
We will probably do what UM did last year. Dak is going to take the mantle of Captain Bubble Screen.

Bothrops
10-10-2015, 08:55 PM
We need to go somewhere and find some O-linemen for the future. 250 mile radius isn't cutting it for the OL.

Rayburn8
10-10-2015, 09:25 PM

I've been against letting the freshman start all year but after today we need it. Give the ball to Lee and Williams. They are the only ones who get yards.

maroonmania
10-10-2015, 09:39 PM
Look, we can be a pass heavy team but you have to run SOME. Lee should be the primary guy going forward from what I've seen.

BB30
10-10-2015, 10:02 PM
I think our o line last year was better but still not what we need to consistently beat the sec elite. We had a very talented nfl back last year and an average o line and it showed against the better defensive fronts last year and not much has changed. The two best fronts we saw last year were bama and Om and they ate our run game up. Our big wins outside of Lsu were against teams that were soft up front. The problem is there are just not a ton of elite ol out there especially in our state. There are some good prospects in ms but they are very raw. Having dual threat quarterbacks has helped mask this issue to an extent but we are starting to see how off we are on the o line. Still, you would think against Troy we would be able to pound it a little more.

Todd4State
10-10-2015, 10:03 PM
I've been saying Lee should be the guy for SIX weeks now. Good to have y'all in the club. Now we just need Dan to join it.

War Machine Dawg
10-11-2015, 01:20 AM
I've been saying Lee should be the guy for SIX weeks now. Good to have y'all in the club. Now we just need Dan to join it.

I've been saying it 6 months.

Jack Lambert
10-11-2015, 07:22 AM
I have been hoping it would get better but it isn't going to. When our line do open holes the the running back are not quick enough to find them but most of the time the holes are not there.

Yesterday when Holloway was armed tackled from behind while running to the right side of the line by a D-Trackle from the left side of the line I knew the run game had left us.

defiantdog
10-11-2015, 10:25 AM
I have been hoping it would get better but it isn't going to. When our line do open holes the the running back are not quick enough to find them but most of the time the holes are not there.

Yesterday when Holloway was armed tackled from behind while running to the right side of the line by a D-Trackle from the left side of the line I knew the run game had left us.

Has Holloway ever broken a tackle? I know he can take a hit.

shoeless joe
10-11-2015, 11:11 AM
Aeris is our best all around back. That fumble last week is holding him back in some eyes...even coaches. The tandem of he and Lee are going to be very good next year.