PDA

View Full Version : Richt's seat is getting scorhing hot after losing that game today.........

Saltydog
10-10-2015, 06:41 PM
Typical UGA so I can't say it surprises me. They are the most enigmatic team in the league without a doubt.

blacklistedbully
10-10-2015, 07:18 PM
Biggest threat to us losing Mullen is UGA. I pull for UGA and Richt. Besides, Richt appears to be a genuinely good man.

defiantdog
10-10-2015, 07:21 PM
Biggest threat to us losing Mullen is UGA. I pull for UGA and Richt. Besides, Richt appears to be a genuinely good man.

How so? Kirby smart is the likely candidate there

blacklistedbully
10-10-2015, 07:26 PM
How so? Kirby smart is the likely candidate there

Biggest threat to us. It's one of the few jobs I don't think Dan would even think twice about taking. He'd be gone in a flash. The Mullen's have a [place in Georgia that they love and spend time at in the off-season. Recruiting there would be super easy as well. Getting to the SECCG would be easier as well.

Saltydog
10-10-2015, 07:27 PM
you how good a person he is. I hope Richt stays but if they don't do something big this year I fear he's gone. That butt whipping last weekend has the entire fan base asking for his head. After today, they want it on a platter.

defiantdog
10-10-2015, 07:29 PM
Biggest threat to us. It's one of the few jobs I don't think Dan would even think twice about taking. He'd be gone in a flash. The Mullen's have a [place in Georgia that they love and spend time at in the off-season. Recruiting there would be super easy as well. Getting to the SECCG would be easier as well.

But Mullen wouldn't be Georgia's first choice. There is no way they're ready to change their entire offensive mentality based on a coach.

blacklistedbully
10-10-2015, 07:31 PM
But Mullen wouldn't be Georgia's first choice. There is no way they're ready to change their entire offensive mentality based on a coach.

Didn't say Mullen would be UGA's first choice, but UG would be Mullen's first choice, IMO. And it's not at all crazy to think Mullen would be very high on UGA's list.

HSVDawg
10-10-2015, 07:50 PM

Geez, after 7 years, can we please put all this "Mullen to (random school)" business to rest? Spoiler alert, nobody coaches forever at the same school in today's day and age. There's about a 95% chance that in the next 5 years Mullen will either leave us for another school or get fired. If he's a rare breed that becomes our Bobby Bowden or Frank Beamer then we should consider ourselves lucky, but that would be the exception rather than the norm. We have to be prepared to make a good hire if / when he leaves and quit the damn belly aching every time a big time job might possibly come open.

ckDOG
10-10-2015, 07:53 PM

Saban has a places in north Georgia. I don't know why recreation time necessarily translates to where you'd like to coach. Talent access is not arguable however

ShotgunDawg
10-10-2015, 07:59 PM
The problem with Mullen is that he's an awful lot like Richt. Wins a ton of games & but struggles in big games.

Georgia should see if Whittingham is ready to leave Utah

ScottH
10-10-2015, 08:06 PM
Isn't UGA Bucky's dream job?

He can be the only coach in history to turn down UF and UGA on successive years.****

Sexton is a good agent. He'll use it. Hopefully he always sends BeeYork flowers after. Actually, as much as he plows BeeYork, he should put a ring on it.

ScottH
10-10-2015, 08:07 PM
Georgia should see if Whittingham is ready to leave Utah

Aren't he and Utah admins at odds. Or am I confusing that with someone else.

ShotgunDawg
10-10-2015, 08:10 PM
Aren't he and Utah admins at odds. Or am I confusing that with someone else.

Not sure. I know Gundy has had some issues at OK State & he's be a great choice for Georgia as well

blacklistedbully
10-11-2015, 03:10 PM
Geez, after 7 years, can we please put all this "Mullen to (random school)" business to rest? Spoiler alert, nobody coaches forever at the same school in today's day and age. There's about a 95% chance that in the next 5 years Mullen will either leave us for another school or get fired. If he's a rare breed that becomes our Bobby Bowden or Frank Beamer then we should consider ourselves lucky, but that would be the exception rather than the norm. We have to be prepared to make a good hire if / when he leaves and quit the damn belly aching every time a big time job might possibly come open.

Are you serious? Look, what I posted is an entirely different animal than, "Mullen to random school". I'm clearly saying that I think UGA is one of, if not the only possible job opening coming up that I think he would jump at. That's a far cry from those morons who keep mentioning Mullen for every job opening that comes along.