PDA

View Full Version : Did Mullen say Fitz is ready to go if Dak can't stay in?

RougeDawg
10-10-2015, 03:03 PM
I thought I was hammered on here for saying Fitz was the better of the two backups a couple weeks back? How could anyone ever say Fitz was the better of the two and good enough now for us to compete with anyone we play this year?

Leroy Jenkins
10-10-2015, 03:14 PM
Rumored that Staley is sick. Not that it would matter.

RougeDawg
10-10-2015, 03:19 PM
Rumored that Staley is sick. Not that it would matter.

I was being more sarcastic and facetious. Fitz should be the clear #2 until we see something to think otherwise. The Staley crew hates to admit this.

DownwardDawg
10-10-2015, 03:27 PM
I was being more sarcastic and facetious. Fitz should be the clear #2 until we see something to think otherwise. The Staley crew hates to admit this.

I'm pretty sure Fitz is the clear number 2 and everyone knows it!!!

RougeDawg
10-10-2015, 03:37 PM
I'm pretty sure Fitz is the clear number 2 and everyone knows it!!!

You'd be surprised how many don't. There was a thread a couple weeks back suggesting otherwise. One of which names were called to those who said Fitz was clear backup.

Sacrifice
10-10-2015, 04:16 PM
Staley will have an up hill battle trying to unseat Fitz. Fitz is a better runner with a bazooka attached to his right arm. I love how he looks to go deep at any moment.

smootness
10-10-2015, 04:19 PM
What a horrific thread. There shouldn't be a 'Staley crew' or a 'Fitz crew'. Why can't some fans understand this?

Sacrifice
10-10-2015, 04:41 PM
What a horrific thread. There shouldn't be a 'Staley crew' or a 'Fitz crew'. Why can't some fans understand this?
There's nothing wrong with this thread. We pull for certain players everyday on this board. Is the QB position supposed to be different?

HSVDawg
10-10-2015, 05:07 PM
I agree there shouldn't be a Team Fitz and a Team Staley and I'm crtainly not in either camp. But regardless of all that, I don't see how you can reach any other alternative than Fitz as the clear #2, at least up to this point. He has been literally flawless in every opportunity he's been given and looks to be absolutely superb in every skill that Mullen's offense requires.

smootness
10-10-2015, 05:36 PM
There's nothing wrong with this thread. We pull for certain players everyday on this board. Is the QB position supposed to be different?

Rooting for our players is fine, why would anyone have a problem with that?

Rooting for certain players against or over other players on our team is asinine and absurd.

Sacrifice
10-10-2015, 05:49 PM

Rooting for certain players against or over other players on our team is asinine and absurd.
haha man are you serious? So no more talking about Shump, Hollaway, Jackson, Coman, Warren? That's on this board daily and where did you read somebody was rooting against Staley? Is saying Fitz is the clear #2 rooting against Staley?

smootness
10-10-2015, 05:56 PM
haha man are you serious? So no more talking about Shump, Hollaway, Jackson, Coman, Warren? That's on this board daily and where did you read somebody was rooting against Staley? Is saying Fitz is the clear #2 rooting against Staley?

I'm talking specifically about pretending there's a 'Staley crew' and purposely trying to divide the fan base. It's stupid. There are no more than 5 State fans on either side who only want one QB to succeed at the expense of the other.

It would be like me saying, 'Ross has 2 big TDs today. He's awesome, and all you people in the De'Runnya crew can suck it.' There's nobody who is a true State fan who has a problem with either QB, or both, playing great. It's insane to believe otherwise.

Taog Redloh
10-10-2015, 06:19 PM
I'm talking specifically about pretending there's a 'Staley crew' and purposely trying to divide the fan base. It's stupid. There are no more than 5 State fans on either side who only want one QB to succeed at the expense of the other.

It would be like me saying, 'Ross has 2 big TDs today. He's awesome, and all you people in the De'Runnya crew can suck it.' There's nobody who is a true State fan who has a problem with either QB, or both, playing great. It's insane to believe otherwise.
Fans have always had favorite players. There were plenty that wanted either Russell or Prescott. It's not a big deal, as long as no one is being stupid (I haven't seen that - yet). Ross/Wilson is not apples to apples, by the way - they both can play at the same time.

If you don't like that idea of debating Fitz vs Staley, might as well ride on out, because that debate is going to rage for a few years, unless one of them change position. Pretty obvious that while Fitz is better now, Staley has potential. He may or may not ever realize it, who knows.

RougeDawg
10-10-2015, 06:22 PM

You are a horrific poster not for the fact that your ignorance has shown once again in this thread, but the fact you cannot simply look at the play on the field and objectively determine our best players. I'm a WIN guy and want our best players to play. I simply stated a couple weeks back that Fitz was damn good, and may not be any dropoff in talent from Dak to him next year, only experience. To which people came out of the woodwork to call me and a few others idiots, blind and a few others names, because we are able to objectively determine the better of the two backup QB's.

At no point have I ever stated I'm a "_____" guy. I just want to win and can tell who our best players are that will give us that chance to win.

smootness
10-10-2015, 06:35 PM
You are a horrific poster not for the fact that your ignorance has shown once again in this thread, but the fact you cannot simply look at the play on the field and objectively determine our best players. I'm a WIN guy and want our best players to play. I simply stated a couple weeks back that Fitz was damn good, and may not be any dropoff in talent from Dak to him next year, only experience. To which people came out of the woodwork to call me and a few others idiots, blind and a few others names, because we are able to objectively determine the better of the two backup QB's.

At no point have I ever stated I'm a "_____" guy. I just want to win and can tell who our best players are that will give us that chance to win.

Lulz. K.

JoseBrown
10-10-2015, 06:37 PM

I think Fitz did a pretty good job today of showing that he definitely has the talents to be our #2 QB right now. Not only did he show he has the talent he showed he knows what to do with it. We have got to figure a way to stretch the field. That would help our offense out if we continue to show we aren't afraid to try it once in a while. And guess what, it may even workout ok...

Leroy Jenkins
10-10-2015, 06:41 PM
Ole "blue collar" Fitz has done a great job with limited reps.

Homedawg
10-10-2015, 07:51 PM

Smooth is horrific???? Hahahahaha......now that's funny. What a douche.

bulldawg28
10-10-2015, 08:11 PM
Ole "blue collar" Fitz has done a great job with limited reps.

*That white boy has skills*....Really he does. I'm convinced after today he's the future.

chef dixon
10-10-2015, 08:20 PM
You guys are jumping to a bunch of conclusions. I mean Fitz looked ok, but his touchdowns were both mainly the receiver making a play. The offense still looked like shit for the most part with him in there (Against Troy by the way). And you guys judging Staley when we haven't even really seen him play at all doesn't make much sense.

If anything, I leave this game worried we are going to miss Dak pretty bad next year.

sleepy dawg
10-10-2015, 09:10 PM

nah... smootness is right. Maybe it's just the way your post read, but it certainly sounded more like you'd rather just be right and be in the fitz crew than you would see staley outplay fitz and be the #2. Perhaps it's just the way it's worded though.

Rayburn8
10-10-2015, 09:19 PM
You are a horrific poster

You should not be saying that to anyone.

CarolinaDawgs
10-10-2015, 09:21 PM

Where do you get off to this??

Why wouldn't you add some insightful information about why you think Staley should be #2 guy or why Fitz shouldn't?

Fitz is the Shitz btw.

Coach34
10-10-2015, 10:01 PM
You guys are jumping to a bunch of conclusions. I mean Fitz looked ok, but his touchdowns were both mainly the receiver making a play. The offense still looked like shit for the most part with him in there (Against Troy by the way). And you guys judging Staley when we haven't even really seen him play at all doesn't make much sense.

If anything, I leave this game worried we are going to miss Dak pretty bad next year.

lmao- what???? Fitz looks better throwing the ball than Prescott. His 3 deep balls were dead on the damn money. He just doesn't have the experience to make decisions as fast

cheewgumm
10-10-2015, 10:07 PM
Damn I think Fitzgerald is better than Dak the way he looked today. I'm inly exaggerating a little.

BB30
10-10-2015, 10:21 PM
Fitz is definitely talented and I think he will end up having a very good career I think we all can agree that we want him or whoever is playing the position to have success. It is nice for us as state fans to be able to talk about which talented qb will be playing next year. The competition is going to be great for both of them. One position I'm not worried about is qb which I don't think I have ever been able to say as a state fan. Now we just need to get our o line figured out and not freak out when our young qbs make some mistakes early next year due to youth. I think they both might have more upside than Dak but I do think we will see some growing pains, very few young qbs step in their first year and don't make some mistakes.

RougeDawg
10-10-2015, 10:22 PM
nah... smootness is right. Maybe it's just the way your post read, but it certainly sounded more like you'd rather just be right and be in the fitz crew than you would see staley outplay fitz and be the #2. Perhaps it's just the way it's worded though.

Yes, perhaps most people need help with comprehension on here. They will read what they wish if they want to attempt to make a post or poster look bad. The post today as with the post before is that we have a clear #2 QB, and it is very obvious by on field play and who comes in 2nd in the games. There has never been a negative comment from me about Staley. I was on his bandwagon last year. I simply posted a few weeks back that we will not see much, if any, talent dropoff next season with Fitz running the show. To which I and others were berated, called idiots, and told that Staley was our #2 guy. I refused to argue then and refuse to argue now, just simply pointing out what the stats, performances, and Head Coach decisions should tell anyone with just half a brain, Fitz is #2 and it's his to lose. Same thing I've been saying But once again, people have agenda's and let that get in the way of objectivity and obvious items.

RougeDawg
10-10-2015, 10:28 PM
You should not be saying that to anyone.

Um, you don't think Fitz is number 2 even after today? Please read the posts again, all of them, and tell me what you missed. I'll try to write a summary for you to easily comprehend.

The point is Fitz is #2 and has been since opening snap in Hattiesburg. This was posted a few weeks ago, to which people were called idiotic morons for thinking such illogical thoughts. And I replied it's not so much anything with regard to thinking. It's been a no brainer all season. No thinking should have been involved with regards as to who our #2 QB is/was, always has been. It has been a formality, but I digress and will chalk it up to you and others never being able to comprehend reality, even when slapped across the forehead with it.

Sacrifice
10-10-2015, 10:43 PM
How in the world anybody can watch Fitz play and be nothing but excited is beyond me. He is the best RsFr QB I've seen at state. Those long throws he hit today was no joke. I don't care who was covering Wilson, those balls were placed where only he could get them and they were on the money! I'm not bashing Staley but Fitz looks bad ass.

chef dixon
10-10-2015, 11:38 PM
lmao- what???? Fitz looks better throwing the ball than Prescott. His 3 deep balls were dead on the damn money. He just doesn't have the experience to make decisions as fast

I'm definitely nitpicking to an extent but the throw to Donald Gray was not an "on the damn money" throw, that was all Donald Gray. The ones to Wilson were nice. Again, nitpicking, but if you were at the game and able to see the play develop, there is no reason Wilson shouldn't have scored on the one bomb. He had his man beat bad. Fitz looked good for a freshman (again, against Troy and NW state), but reading here he's Dan Marino right now and we are ready to be done with Dak. Are you kidding me?

thf24
10-10-2015, 11:40 PM
I mean Fitz looked ok, but his touchdowns were both mainly the receiver making a play.

I didn't see Gray's TD, but you're dead wrong about the one to Bear. Fitz recognized that he had his best receiver in single coverage down the field and put the ball exactly where it needed to be for Bear to make a play on it. Outstanding play by Fitz, nothing less.

chef dixon
10-10-2015, 11:45 PM
I didn't see Gray's TD, but you're dead wrong about the one to Bear. Fitz recognized that he had his best receiver in single coverage down the field and put the ball exactly where it needed to be for Bear to make a play on it. Outstanding play by Fitz, nothing less.

You're correct, I was wrong for stating that. That was a great throw for the Wilson touchdown.

Really Clark?
10-10-2015, 11:49 PM
I'm definitely nitpicking to an extent but the throw to Donald Gray was not an "on the damn money" throw, that was all Donald Gray. The ones to Wilson were nice. Again, nitpicking, but if you were at the game and able to see the play develop, there is no reason Wilson shouldn't have scored on the one bomb. He had his man beat bad. Fitz looked good for a freshman (again, against Troy and NW state), but reading here he's Dan Marino right now and we are ready to be done with Dak. Are you kidding me?

You need to watch the replay on the two Wilson throws. They were on the money and coverage was a little better at the catches than you are thinking. As soon as he caught the ball the DB was wrapping him up. He was with Wilson pretty much step for step but Wilson had about a half on him. He wasn't beat bad.

Rayburn8
10-11-2015, 12:29 AM
Um, you don't think Fitz is number 2 even after today? Please read the posts again, all of them, and tell me what you missed. I'll try to write a summary for you to easily comprehend.

The point is Fitz is #2 and has been since opening snap in Hattiesburg. This was posted a few weeks ago, to which people were called idiotic morons for thinking such illogical thoughts. And I replied it's not so much anything with regard to thinking. It's been a no brainer all season. No thinking should have been involved with regards as to who our #2 QB is/was, always has been. It has been a formality, but I digress and will chalk it up to you and others never being able to comprehend reality, even when slapped across the forehead with it.

No, I think he should be the #2 right now, even said that earlier. All I have ever said is that I think Staley will win the starting job, never said Fitzgerald should not be the #2 right now. You seem to do a really good job of seeing things that are not there and then attacking it.

Also can I get a link to the idiotic morons comment, don't remember it.

I just said you should not say "You are a horrific poster" to anyone, it should not be that hard to figure out why.

smootness
10-11-2015, 12:55 AM
Where do you get off to this??

Why wouldn't you add some insightful information about why you think Staley should be #2 guy or why Fitz shouldn't?

Fitz is the Shitz btw.

Where have I said that? My issue with the thread was its attempt to draw a divide between a 'Fitz camp' and a 'Staley camp,' which is stupid.

There's never been any doubt that Fitz is the current backup, so I don't know why Rouge was surprised or thought anyone else would be. And it's also been stated that the primary reason for that, at this point, is the amount of time Staley's missed with injuries. I've always said they're both talented and that we'll be in good shape no matter who wins the job.

Now, Fitz has played phenomenally well so far in the time he's been given. I'm super excited about him. I'm also still excited about Staley because I know what kind of talent he has and he's also looked really good in very limited time.

Again, I couldn't care less who wins the job so long as it's the one who deserves it. We have two very talented guys who will battle it out next year. Anyone claiming they know for a fact who will the job at this point is lying. But my issue is not the idea that Fitz is the backup; he obviously is. Nor is it the belief he will ultimately win the job; I'll be pumped no matter who it is. It's the idea that a State fan would want to draw line between other State fans over bias toward one over the other.

Rayburn8
10-11-2015, 01:00 AM
Where have I said that? My issue with the thread was its attempt to draw a divide between a 'Fitz camp' and a 'Staley camp,' which is stupid.

There's never been any doubt that Fitz is the current backup, so I don't know why Rouge was surprised or thought anyone else would be. And it's also been stated that the primary reason for that, at this point, is the amount of time Staley's missed with injuries. I've always said they're both talented and that we'll be in good shape no matter who wins the job.

Now, Fitz has played phenomenally well so far in the time he's been given. I'm super excited about him. I'm also still excited about Staley because I know what kind of talent he has and he's also looked really good in very limited time.

Again, I couldn't care less who wins the job so long as it's the one who deserves it. We have two very talented guys who will battle it out next year. Anyone claiming they know for a fact who will the job at this point is lying. But my issue is not the idea that Fitz is the backup; he obviously is. Nor is it the belief he will ultimately win the job; I'll be pumped no matter who it is. It's the idea that a State fan would want to draw line between other State fans over bias toward one over the other.

Rouge is seeing things that don't exist and then attacking them for some God forsaken reason. It was like when he called some guy a bear a while back for one little sentence in a really long post.

Schultzy
10-11-2015, 09:19 AM
Among my group of friends there is definitely a Fitz group and a Staley group, it's just amateur of opinion as to who will ultimately win the job.

It's not that anyone is rooting against one or the other. Ima Fitz guy right now but a Staley on the all conference team would be just fine with me or anyone I would assume.

And just throw Grey the damn ball, that was a great catch and throw as well.