PDA

View Full Version : Info on recent baseball commit - Paxton Stover

Westdawg
07-24-2013, 02:50 PM
http://www.stategazette.com/story/1988104.html

that is a brief write-up from the local newspaper in Dyersburg/Dyer County.

I had a chance to talk with a few of my contacts at Dyer County HS and in the community. From all that I could find out, the kid is a decent kid that has really come into his own over the past year and a half. He seems to be a Bulldog at heart ( to quote one person), and had the chance to take offers from a couple of other decent baseball schools. Was told he has some good pitches, and a lot of players had a hard time getting to him. I know that it is hard as anything to make it to Murfreesboro in that classification, and he helped DC mow through a really good team to get there. From what I can find, he does well in class and hasn't had much of anything in terms of trouble ( and if there were, that whole county would know about it....ppl gossip more than any other place i have lived in that county). Seems like Cohen grabbed a good one. I do wish that he would get another inch or two on his height, but from all i can find, he will probably end up being a really good middle reliever for us.

engie
07-24-2013, 04:52 PM
Good info!

maroonmania
07-24-2013, 05:00 PM
Are we pretty much done on the baseball recruiting front for this year now? Are we still working on Preston Palmeiro or is he a lost cause to get?