PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Coach Tom Goode

Howboutdemdogs
10-09-2015, 08:36 PM
A Bulldog always. You will be missed!

Bully13
10-09-2015, 09:21 PM
damn.. RIP indeed. but someone help me out. I've always thought he was the guy who held the snap on the field goal that beat the cowboys in the superbowl when the colts beat the cowboys. I guess he never played for the colts and never would have been holding snaps for kickers. anybody got any old info on that?

LC Dawg
10-09-2015, 10:53 PM
damn.. RIP indeed. but someone help me out. I've always thought he was the guy who held the snap on the field goal that beat the cowboys in the superbowl when the colts beat the cowboys. I guess he never played for the colts and never would have been holding snaps for kickers. anybody got any old info on that?

He snapped it. It was his last play in the NFL. He was the first Bulldog to play in a Super Bowl.
A lot of people may not know about him but he was the real deal as a player.
I consider Coach Goode a friend. He meant a lot to a lot of people and I feel privileged to have known him.

Bully13
10-09-2015, 11:11 PM
He snapped it. It was his last play in the NFL. He was the first Bulldog to play in a Super Bowl.
A lot of people may not know about him but he was the real deal as a player.
I consider Coach Goode a friend. He meant a lot to a lot of people and I feel privileged to have known him.

thank you for that LC. to add another note on that, that was my first emotional sports breakdown. I broke shit and went bat shit crazy. my mom had to call my dad who was getting drunk at the super bowl party to tell him to come home and control the "monster" he had created. I was crying snot bubbles with hiccups.

TaleofTwoDogs
10-09-2015, 11:45 PM
Great Coach and a good man & Bulldog. Hope MSU can honor him in some way. RIP.

Duckdawg
10-10-2015, 10:22 AM
If you can find it, there was a book about his career. "God, Guts, and the Super Bowl", good read.

Mutt the Hoople
10-10-2015, 02:33 PM
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/114133260-football-super-bowl-v-baltimore-colts-john-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=lGnjDs01aeQKqjld9R%2fRaex22ymNdxBIan23DL9HdCi3KX 4gSGnStkcVi%2bSMlIBb
D.D. Lewis for the Cowboys is #50.

the59dawg
10-11-2015, 10:09 AM
A Bulldog always. You will be missed!

The funeral service for Tom will be Monday at 2:00p at the 1st Baptist Church in West Point. Visitation Sunday at 5-7p, same location.